Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
Necamus
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Statistically, the fastest way to "beat the game" (to get every single class to level 80, or now 85) is to level one of each character all at the same time and level each character a little bit each day. I know someone who has been playing for I think 6 years (not sure of the exact amount) and he only has 3 80's because he levels one character up at a time.
This is so painfully wrong it's not even funny.

That has nothing to do with statistics, so stop trying to sound smart.

Your proposed leveling routine would only make sense if you were trying to only use a character while it had rested exp, which would result in like 20 minutes of play time a day, tops. And you'd waste more time traveling back and forth between inns than you'd save by only using rested characters. The fastest way to get all classes to 80 would likely be to determine the fastest leveling class, preferably a class capable of tanking and/or healing, get it to 80, then use the LFD system to get enough emblems to purchase BoA gear for your characters (chest and shoulders) for the 20% exp gain. Then go crazy leveling in whatever order you wish, although you could level them all at once and switch off as to use as much rested exp as possible. But by switching off, I mean play your warrior one day, then your warlock the next, then your rogue, etc, til you're back to the warrior. Rinse and repeat.

And oh my god you must be retarded for that last comment. Six years of play time and 3 level 80s does not mean he levels characters slowly/poorly. Let's say he gets one character to the level cap, then spends 3 years playing ONLY that character. So in 3 years of playing, he's hit the level cap once. Does this mean he sucks at leveling? No, it means he didn't bother to level other classes. Saying some guy has been playing for x amount of time and has y level capped characters says NOTHING about leveling speed.