Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Re: Borderlands

I've actually hung out with employees there. A guy that used to work at the shop I go to wanted me to start reviewing games for him, and he had a bunch of people from the store, too. So we had a few gamer's nights where we all hung out. It was pretty fun.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #22
godm0de
FFR Player

Looks alright, the game would be much better if you didn't have to follow suit with those character rolls. Having your own shooter would have been my choice.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #23
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There are a few reasons off the top of my head why that wouldn't really work, most of them having to do with the random gun generation negating the need all/most stat boosts that you would get from point placement. Making your own dude and picking from the 4 classes would have been fine, but there's really no way they could have effectively done a create-a-class due to the weapon system, which they were bragging about the most.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #24
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I might end up getting this. My step-dad wants it, not me haha. I walked into the kicthen and he goes, "Eric, did you hear about that new game Bordeline? I'm gonna get it for Christmas". I was shocked at the fact that he loves FPS games, and I play them all the time. I guess he just never noticed that I had any, or the fact that he never comes into my room. This year's Christmas should be interesting. xD
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #25
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

I personally love set classes. It keeps me more interested than games with pure create-your-own-character game mechanics (except D&D but that's it's own beast so we'll not go there.) The reason is pretty simple: less thought on my part, but there's still enough customization to make it my own, and it makes the game more balanced. Also adds to replay IMHO because games where you can make whatever you want tend to make it hard to create a second character simply because of all the extra effort you made in your first guy. In a game with set classes, it's as simple as going "OH MAN I WANNA PLAY ONE OF THOSE NOW"

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #26
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Getting this game at the end of the month after DJ Hero. I'll need to make sure I pick it up with xbox live though.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #27
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Getting this game at the end of the month after DJ Hero. I'll need to make sure I pick it up with xbox live though.
I'm getting DJ Hero too, I have it pre-ordered. I beat borderlands, awesome last fight and cool bonus cutscene with the claptrap.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #28
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

I just got it seven hours ago and oh my god it's 4AM and I need to do homework but I'll throw in some quick thoughts so far.

Every time I find a gun that appears to be made of rape and win, I always find one a bit better ten minutes later. I don't mind that much, since the guns all play differently.

The landscape and environment in general is waaaaay boring. It's like Fallout 3 but gay. The characters and art direction is good though. Kinda nifty.

I haven't had to grind. I've been plowing through the minimal plot for about six/seven hours.

Lilith is pretty sick. Brick is okay, haven't used Mordecai or whatshisface.

The vita-chambers from Bioshock make a triumphant return, making this game piss easy except when OH MY GOD THAT GUY IS 4 LEVELS ABOVE ME **** **** **** RUN ****ER RUN rofl nvm you can't die because as long as you kill something within twenty seconds of your death you "get your second wind." Pretty badass but makes some fights too easy. Namely, fights where the boss sends out endless mooks.

gnight
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #29
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't think there's a single fight where the boss sends out endless mooks.

I finished the game on Sunday, and am on Playthrough 2. Everything is about 30 levels above what it was last play, and very, very difficult.

Also, I lucked out on Run 1 and found an AR with attack score of 157, no scope but full auto.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #30
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I don't think there's a single fight where the boss sends out endless mooks.
Endless could be an exaggeration but I'm pretty sure the Outrider whatshisface in the Dahl Headlands sends out endless midget psychos.

Thinking about it though, maybe he doesn't really count as a boss. He doesn't get his own splash screen (like say Sledge), at least.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 10-29-2009 at 08:24 AM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #31
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I played online, and got that wonderful glitch where if you join an online game, you could potentially lose all your stat points, proficiency totals, equipment and equipment slots.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #32
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Friends and I learned how to dupe
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #33
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
Friends and I learned how to dupe
One friend hosts, one friend joins, DROPS ALL HIS ****, leaves to dashboard (don't exit game or let it save), joins back, and oh my god it's still there!?!? Yeah I did it once for some extra money.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #34
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix

Zzz level 40 already.. What do to that hasn't gotten old yet? So they've modified a weapon with one point, 60 times, you won't get the feeling there's 17 million weapons, you get the feeling there's 17 weapons with mini modifications. Skill tree thing was sorta cool, gameplay is very good and it is, allthough they haven't use a CEL-SHADER, cel-shaded. It's ok, that's all I have to say about it. Your freedom is an illusion which you experience rather quickly, around level 25 or so, and there's not enough sidequests to keep me occupied forever, it's more a hack n' slash than an RPG.