Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #801
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Anime north 2015 hype thread

Yeah but the Sheraton is really expensive. And you're at the hotel for what, 3 nights?

ShadowDueler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #802
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Also, there's a Sheraton within 5 minutes of my place and it makes me sad every time I pass by it...
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #803
sanzath
retired from rhythm games
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixiePuff View Post
International wasn't too bad either and it seems pretty cheap.

How fast does the Sheraton book up? I'd suspect pretty fast, no?
https://www.facebook.com/events/1600...7633876161170/

According to the comments, we should be seeing the reservations open up in the next few weeks. Not sure how quickly they'll go by, but since we'll have a few days heads-up, it's probably best to reserve in the first day or two. Also, International is already fully booked RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 View Post
Yeah but the Sheraton is really expensive. And you're at the hotel for what, 3 nights?
Sheraton isn't that expensive. It's two nights, and this year, 2 people sharing 1 room with a king bed under the AN rate came out to about 170$ with taxes for the entire stay, so 85$-ish per night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

Last edited by sanzath; 05-27-2015 at 05:12 PM..
sanzath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #804
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzath View Post

According to the comments, we should be seeing the reservations open up in the next few weeks. Not sure how quickly they'll go by, but since we'll have a few days heads-up, it's probably best to reserve in the first day or two. Also, International is already fully booked RIP
Tyyy~

Also seriously ;-; Holy Jesus it hasn't even been a week...
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man View Post
Hey Trixie, how does your asshole feel? Does it feel nice and stretched from how hard those jacks just raped you?
TrixiePuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #805
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Sheraton isn't that expensive. It's two nights, and this year, 2 people sharing 1 room with a king bed under the AN rate came out to about 170$ with taxes for the entire stay, so 85$-ish per night.
Yeah good point. It's just I doubt I'd be able to find someone to share a room with. Also when I looked at the Sheraton site it said the cheapest was like 192 US dollars or something like that. I'll end up figuring something out though.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #806
sanzath
retired from rhythm games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 View Post
Yeah good point. It's just I doubt I'd be able to find someone to share a room with. Also when I looked at the Sheraton site it said the cheapest was like 192 US dollars or something like that. I'll end up figuring something out though.
Sheraton still hasn't released its special AN booking deals~ if you're sure enough you can come next year, you can easily make plans with another FFRer! For that matter we need an AN2016 thread at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.
sanzath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #807
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Sheraton still hasn't released its special AN booking deals~ if you're sure enough you can come next year, you can easily make plans with another FFRer! For that matter we need an AN2016 thread at some point.
I'll make sure to check that out then. I don't wanna be talking about it like it's happening next week but being prepared early is always a good thing.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #808
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

waiting patiently for AN 2016 thread

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #809
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixiePuff View Post
It was awesome hanging out with you too. We got to spend a lot more time together than we did last year which was great. I might bring my daughter next year for a day so you can actually meet her. :P

I really really want to try to get us out for next year and we'd probably end up bringing our lil ones, so playdate? haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #810
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I really really want to try to get us out for next year and we'd probably end up bringing our lil ones, so playdate? haha
Of course. I'd love to meet the girls!
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Hey Trixie, how does your asshole feel? Does it feel nice and stretched from how hard those jacks just raped you?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #811
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
PS. Where did some of you all stay? I'm doing a wee bit of research... for science.
Yeah...

Actually it's for TWG, but shhhhhhhhh.
T-Force
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #812
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Vickie (Vickieex3) and Brandon (WTFBrandon) - Always love seeing you two. Vickie, thank you for being such a fun person to talk to, and being readily there when it was needed. And Brandon, thank you for being an all around chill dude, and stayin' real like you usually do. I hope I see the both of you next year. <3
yooooooo, im a bitch
Old 05-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #813
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Also, there's a Sheraton within 5 minutes of my place and it makes me sad every time I pass by it...
I pass the AN Sheraton every day when I go to and from school.
It's a hard life
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #814
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I keep getting distracted by life things but I'll write my shoutout post on a plane tomorrow. \o/

(so by that I mean check your local skies I've dumped a lot of money into fly-by shoutouts and I don't want anybody missing out on this)

Last edited by smartdude1212; 05-29-2015 at 01:43 AM..
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #815
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Shout-outs and recap will be coming sometime this week, as well as my failure at getting a selfie with everyone there (damn you Wonderlaaaaaaaaaaand).

Either way, I leave you all with this to whet your appetites:

EDIT:

Also this

Last edited by T-Force; 05-29-2015 at 05:10 PM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #816
TrixiePuff
I am Groot.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Also this
LOL.

I snuck a video of them too when I was sitting in the corner with Ally. I'll have to upload that and post it.
AKA the Christian Church
Quote:
Old 05-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #817
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Quote:
lmfaooooooo

Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #818
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wow! It’s safe to say any expectations I once had for my first Anime North were completely blown away. This weekend felt very reminiscent of the first VancouFFR meetup. After five minutes of meeting someone for the first time, we are joking with eachother as if we had known eachother for years, because really, we have!

Team VancouFFR, I will never forget waking up every morning to simultaneous air raid sirens, church bells, and smooth jazz. Thank you Adam for your persistence, and bullying/degrading me for months until I finally caved. Without good friends to travel with, I would have never considered making the trip. Four days is not enough time to spend with everyone, so I am very thankful I get the opportunity to hang out with you guys every week. 1 month hype for the VancouFFR potluck!

I successfully crossed Smokes off my AN bingo card after eating a total of one cold poutine fry (lovingly donated by Sky Kitten). Next year, I want to make the effort to travel downtown, and divulge on delicious bacon poutine with friends. Wonderland and the rave are also on that list, but I’m very glad how, and with who I spent that time with instead.

Here are a few Hallmark quotes I particularly enjoyed from this weekend:

“You should really take a shower.” “I want to bathe in your fluids.”

“I’ve always seen you as more than a friend; I’ve seen you as food.”

“I thought this was the question bucket, but it’s just a bucket of lube.”

Late shoutouts! Unfortunately, I can’t write a shoutout for everyone I met (or I would be here until next AN), but it felt absolutely surreal meeting each one of you.

arcnmx: You initially seemed pretty shy when I met you, but breaking the ice with you in the DDR room was great. It was cool to meet someone who has been involved with the development of FFR for so long. I harbour no negative feelings about you totally ditching me in ITG… But next year I will be demanding a rematch!

bmah: bmah! I really didn’t expect you to be so bubbly and playful in person. You were a blast to be around all weekend, and the fun didn’t stop even after we arrived at the airport. Thanks again for sharing your sunchips with me for the foodless flight home. And thank you for finally popping The Question: I would love to collab with you! <3

DAnceguy117: You look like the world’s proudest boyfriend in every picture. You were such a good sport about the dramatic reading of our fan fic, it might even elicit a second volume.

Funnygurl555: The man, the myth, the wolf. Hopefully all that fur kept you warm during that bone-chilling, plane-infested game of twig. I look forward to playing werewolf with you next year (yes, you are coming i’ve already made up my mind).

Hateandhatred: Mistakes were made. Memories were created. A legend was born. Your admin totem pole was easily one of my favorite life moments. I barely talked with you at all, so I’ll let you off the hook for not serenading me in person. But it’s sad that I won’t get to see you again for a very long time.

Izzy: You were the first fifferer I have met outside the province. You seemed to keep to yourself most of the con, but you were a funny and easygoing guy. I look forward to smashing with you again next year.

Jtehanonymous: I am honored to join your pact to achieve D7 with remedy by Anime North 2016. Now we just have to decide on a fair and cruel punishment for those who break our pact…

MarioNintendo: You were one of my favorite personalities of the con. Too bad we only got to play one set of ITG together this year.. Thanks again for your gracious invitation to Room Quebec. I feel guilty for completely forgetting about your offer. If the offer still stands next year, I would love to spend more time with you.

SCWolf: You look like the moderator of a fitness sub-forum. It was fun watching you play ITG at such a high level, and I definitely regret never introducing myself during the con.

Sky Kitten: The “FFR North” MVP award goes to Ally, our IRL community manager. It was so cool to see everyone I met look up to you. My final verdict is you give great hugs, and are a pretty cool cat. :3

Staiain: I thoroughly enjoyed sitting with you at the “kids table” on Thursday night. I was ready to be glomped by a big viking hug, but you were actually a very gentle person.

thesunfan: I respect you immensely for volunteering to moderate that game of werewolf. I sincerely hope you will publish a certain document to the literature sub-forum soon (after some editing to protect the identity of the innocent).

TrixiePuff: You had so many hilarious stories to tell during Kings. Thank you for being so patient with me spilling beer all over your room, haha. Can’t wait to do it all again with you next year!

and now for the person important enough to break my alphabetical ordering…

Cold Kitten: Nothing brings two people together like a gay sex panel. Being showered in packages of lube and condoms by middle-aged men really forms the foundations of a great relationship, you know? I suppose we also have the Gumbi Squad to thank, and now that we are honorary members we NEED to cosplay as Gumbi #5 and #6 next year. I admit I didn’t expect to fall in love at an anime convention. I cannot wait to see you again next year-- except we won’t have to wait, see ya in Vancouver in August ! I love you Tiffany. The distance hurts, but you make the distance between us seem so insignificantly small. <3

---
This convention took so many unexpected turns, and the feelings certainly flowed when I had to leave Monday morning. So thank you to everyone for making this weekend magical. And for anyone debating on attending-- say it with me: ANIME NORTH 2016 HYPE!

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 05-29-2015 at 06:15 PM..
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #819
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

That's a nice badge you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #820
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm obviously better at 4-key rhythms.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote