Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: TWG XCIV: worst game ever POSTGAME

I'm always a fan of shorter days than longer, because people just tend to procrastinate until the final 6 hours and then everyone piles on a bandwagon.

Longer nights suck when outside communication isn't allowed because it forces me to write down my thoughts at the end of the day just so I can have them readily available to discuss with the people I want to when the day begins.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

i agree with tps, longer days make me second guess myself too much. but that's a fault of my own rather than the day.

72 hour days and 24 hour nights is perfect imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 05-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

lmfao
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
gayest game ever i literally didnt realize i was a wolf until it was too late
at least that made u convincing
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

the night phases felt ridiculously short and confusing compared to the long days, but its ok, i was mostly just incredibly busy this whole time and was still following but not able to get on at crucial times. pets dying getting new job moving relationships etc w/e life

but as soon as kraut got killed i was like .... shit what? then i realized i was a wolf LOL i thought i was just a roleblocker because im retarded. so yeah that game was whack but it was also kinda funny

i needed way more warnings to get my stuff in because everything was just in discord, i missed like 3 days in a row because i didnt have my computer for like a day, i was seriously confused. anyways whatever i doubt i would have pulled it through as soon as kraut went under i knew we were screwed cuz gun cant defend himself and theres a lot of wildcards

gg tho was still fun
p sure ill stay out for awhile and freaky was really irritating i wish you guys killed him, manti was obviously trying to powerhouse it

meh
Quote:
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

oh yeah and i was gonna kill manti first
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I know it's not exactly a good excuse by your guys standards, but I was dealing with a whole crap ton of emotional discord through the first night phase and was dead on day two. I would argue against you seeking bans for us. Shit happens and what happened took precedent over a forum game.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #28
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

i resemble that
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #29
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

manti killing gun was the best move all game, give it to him.

what MS has going for it with the long days is that they are SO long that you typically dont let phases expire, which means that a day is over when the mob has spoken and typically no sooner.

we prefer this shorter style with AIM that requires a lot more activity in short spurts, and we like conversations hidden in the background because as newer players many of us are afraid of arguing with the well known and acerbic players.

C9++ with six days and replacement/modkill for inactivity is preferable because it meets in the middle. i think nights should always be 24 hours, and terrible wolves shouldn't dictate how long a phase should be.

the worry with six days is that we lose momentum, the game will last a month if drawn out. had we seen no modkill and wolf activity, even with the number of roles we had we would have seen some crazy good play because an increase in the number of roles claimed leads me to believe that there must be fakers.

that in and of itself is a balancing mechanism of sorts. this game just keeps getting deeper and more elegantly designed. what i love about it is that serial killer wins it 20% of the time, meaning that it is balanced even when a serial killer exists rofl.

lets do another.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Yeah, I know it's not exactly a good excuse by your guys standards, but I was dealing with a whole crap ton of emotional discord through the first night phase and was dead on day two. I would argue against you seeking bans for us. Shit happens and what happened took precedent over a forum game.
yeah stuff happens but you made a commitment. 5 minutes out of 24 hours is all we needed. even with life shit, that's kind of not unreasonable.

not saying i never want to play with you again, but look at how this game turned out, in large part due to you and syhto not sending in kills.

think about what you did
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #31
FoJaR
The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
manti killing gun was the best move all game, give it to him.
yeah i wasnt really giving the MVP to you, it belongs to no man.

Quote:
what MS has going for it with the long days is that they are SO long that you typically dont let phases expire, which means that a day is over when the mob has spoken and typically no sooner.
which is what i was hoping to try. we could try 3 week days.

Quote:
we prefer this shorter style with AIM that requires a lot more activity in short spurts, and we like conversations hidden in the background because as newer players many of us are afraid of arguing with the well known and acerbic players.

C9++ with six days and replacement/modkill for inactivity is preferable because it meets in the middle. i think nights should always be 24 hours, and terrible wolves shouldn't dictate how long a phase should be.

the worry with six days is that we lose momentum, the game will last a month if drawn out. had we seen no modkill and wolf activity, even with the number of roles we had we would have seen some crazy good play because an increase in the number of roles claimed leads me to believe that there must be fakers.

that in and of itself is a balancing mechanism of sorts. this game just keeps getting deeper and more elegantly designed. what i love about it is that serial killer wins it 20% of the time, meaning that it is balanced even when a serial killer exists rofl.

lets do another.
yeah. 6 day days, 1 day nights.

week long max periods.

let's do it who's in
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #32
FoJaR
The Worst

also these were my random rolls:

71 - D
92 - M
87 - M
62 - C
68 - D
99 - B
66 - D
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #33
Gun92
FFR Veteran

In my defense, I did ask sytho to send in a kill because I knew what was going on with me.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #34
FoJaR
The Worst

why didnt you just send me a PM instead? or a message on AIM?

basically even if syhto had sent in the kill, your team would have wasted a roleblock because of it.

i mean i get it things come up but sending a PM does not take that much time.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You know what, I've been following this game since the beginning and I found to be an entertaining game because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
the thing that makes it so frustrating to me, is that this is by far one of the most active games i've seen in years, and there was a lot of really good stuff going on in thread.
Posting exclusively in the thread made it so much better too. Very dynamic game, the mindfucks you guys had trying to understand the mistakes through the game were pretty enjoyable I must admit. Might want to sign up but for now I'm pleased with learning the game through a bystander perspective.

C9++ format is awesome, support on it happening again with some changes to the allocated time.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #36
FoJaR
The Worst

yeah yeah that's how i feel.

reading the thread was awesome.

knowing what was happening the whole time was frustrating.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #37
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
Might want to sign up but for now I'm pleased with learning the game through a bystander perspective.
right on! welcome
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
yeah i wasnt really giving the MVP to you, it belongs to no man.
"I don't want to give MVP to manti because this game was highly flawed and he made me rectify an error mid-game'

Thats fine, I'll try to win it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #39
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

The last 24 hours of this game were hilarious. I was literally falling off of my chair laughing. Not the greatest result but still fun to watch.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #40
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Yup, my fault, what ever. Ban me if you want then. I probably won't play any more anyway since my life is going to be even busier within the coming month since my kid will be here in June. Good luck to all, it was fun
Closed Thread