Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-8-2016, 04:58 PM   #821
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

one last thing before I go, Precarious has since fixed what I initially criticized him for when I pressured him, so unvote in case I'm not back in time

however it stands to reason that he could have changed his style purely in response to pressure, and that it was purely a defensive move, but that deserves more rigorous investigation in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 10-8-2016, 04:59 PM   #822
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

sorry to leave you in a position like this town, but I just have to ask you to trust me for the time being

I'm going to a birthday party now but my friends are early risers so I can't expect it'll go past 10pm EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 10-8-2016, 05:00 PM   #823
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Reread pt. 2

inD's reemerges at this point. Funnily enough (because I think he was one of the people I had the whole gut read argument with), he does the sort of thing I like, which is explain why he town reads Haku.

DFR appears. First post has some substance to it, but it's written in a way that it's easy to miss. Not a lot, but hey. Next, roundbox appears. Very clipped post; town reads Gradiant. Then mellon appears. After the thread had been dominated by a few specific posters for a while, the new blood is...not especially talkative.

Shado calls out Xel for shit posting and and roundbox and DBP for just not posting. Gradiant is still being Gradiant. DBP responds to this prodding with the vote of me, and I can see one of the reasons it bothered me. Complaining about my mechanical posts seems insincere when I was making new ones to correct other people's mechanical mistakes. Either way, the reread here is interesting because it almost seems like DBP's vote was sort of in response to Shado requesting content.

Shado then wagons. Not a good look.

Mellon reappears. I find it hilarious that they argued for not needing to be taught mechanics when they clearly never read what I said to begin with. I'm not going to rehash that whole thing again, but #297 is a bad post. What's really troublesome though, is that mellon's whole demeanor changes later in the thread. I interpreted mellon, based on the early shit posts and this post, to be someone who was largely unfamiliar with mafia/TWG. The attack on me later was too self-assured tonally. I don't know what this inconsistency means, but I end up questioning the sincerity of 297 as a result.

roundbox hides in a humor-tinged style of presenting his ideas. This feels slightly deceptive, but I'm guessing this is his meta given that there hasn't been discussion of said style.

Mellon's tone is becoming more professional already. Original assessment was probably a misread of their experience, although 297 is still objectively wrong in its first paragraphs. Second parts were okay.

As much as I'm town-reading Gradiant, I kind of wish he'd elaborate on the large scale quote posts. I get that he's pointing out with the bold what strikes him as off, but a little more detail would be appreciated.

Mellon backs off when challenged by Gradiant. Gradiant's posts are carrying a lot of authority.

Weird Xel vote by Haku. I don't really like Xel's style of play, but Haku's reasoning here was bizarre. It feels like a "leave me alone" kind of vote.

Juckter reemerges. Gives a couple reads, nothing particularly town or scum here.

Shado feels like the player here who's style is most similar to mine. And just going from gut, I'm not quite sure I like what he's been doing. It's too apologetic in places. But it's a weak gut read.

Freezin votes Gradiant. I don't actually have a problem with this, because even though I see Gradiant town, allowing one person to run through things unopposed isn't good. This is actually the point where Freezin seems most town to me in the whole thread; the reasoning is legitimately pro-town, whatever the actual intent is.

Botchi posts. Thinks Gradiant-Freezin is town v town.

DFR doesn't like Shado's attitude. This feels like town DFR to me; I get the sense that they don't know what people actually are and are trying to figure out.

An awful lot of people have brief arguments with Shado, then they kind of fade away.

Shado mixes serious stuff with joke stuff in the same post. That's not immediately town- or scum-leaning, it's just kind of tonally odd.

Xel is super weird. Once the joke stuff goes away, they're trafficking in the right ideas, but sort of coming to conclusions that don't fully jive with their examples.

This is taking way too fucking long.
Old 10-8-2016, 05:06 PM   #824
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Well okay. I oversimplified a lot of the thread because I had a hard time reading a good chunk of it. A lot of the 1v1 stuff felt like white noise. And as for how I read people. Its just how I read people, it's an opinion. I misread shit all the time, most of the time I misread shit. That's just progress of getting better. Sorry for not putting examples, I'll do better on that next phase. Me doing that now wouldn't work because id get grilled for backpacking probably when I'm not. Also I'm on a phone. And for the stuff about tone reads, how do I even give an example of that? It's just how they're posting. I'm not quoting their entire history in the thread. And me stating the bad stuff about jucter. I was being honest about yeah it's low content but there was a but you're an English teacher you know what that means.

I was gonna say something else but I forgot. Hopefully I remember. Also whaddya mean most vengeful lmao

Why are you here?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:06 PM   #825
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

DaBackpack AKA "erika fucking furudo" AKA mr. quadrillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
let's just post birds

kek

Quote:
maybe, but there was also no way you were ever going to be lynched, so it would be incredibly easy for him to 'defend' you from a nonexistent outcome
I like your logic here.

most of his other posts are focused on poking Precarious
gettin kinda bored

Quote:
Haku's probably town
fair read

Quote:
I don't like precarious and shadow calling my push on precarious "weak" or "non-committal", I thought I had a good reason behind it
I think you did too

Quote:
I'm starting with the lowest posters bc time

a post like this immediately signals to me that botchi is town. you can call this a meta-read -- botchi doesn't usually put this much "critical thought" into his posts as a wolf. On top of that, he seems rather cool and collected, and less agitated, which reflects well on him

we see investment in the game's outcome by suggesting that Charu should take the lead here

this just isn't wolf botchi
COPYCAT
also more agreement

olive green is your alignment for this phase
Old 10-8-2016, 05:15 PM   #826
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Oh yeah, what I was gonna say is that at least I'm putting out original thoughts. Sure there's no example but I'm still stating what I think. It's better than just coasting out the whole game literally not saying anything.

Why are you here?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:20 PM   #827
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Oh yeah, what I was gonna say is that at least I'm putting out original thoughts. Sure there's no example but I'm still stating what I think. It's better than just coasting out the whole game literally not saying anything.
did you like my original thought that you're a wolf?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:24 PM   #828
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

It's your opinion. You're wrong as all hell but it's your opinion.

Why are you here?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:24 PM   #829
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
did you like my original thought that you're a wolf?
dammit box i'm trying not to laugh out in public aaaa
Old 10-8-2016, 05:25 PM   #830
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Your accusation is me just not backing things up and you can't follow my logic sometimes? I'm just gonna keep playing the game and trying to find wolves, there's nothing that I can really argue with you.

Why are you here?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:29 PM   #831
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Your accusation is me just not backing things up and you can't follow my logic sometimes? I'm just gonna keep playing the game and trying to find wolves, there's nothing that I can really argue with you.
you could state your reasoning why people are town or wolf, rather than just state the fact that you believe they are one or the other
Old 10-8-2016, 05:29 PM   #832
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Votes from post 4 to post 830
Night in 4:31:30

---

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-8-2016, 05:34 PM   #833
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
I interpreted mellon, based on the early shit posts and this post, to be someone who was largely unfamiliar with mafia/TWG. The attack on me later was too self-assured tonally. I don't know what this inconsistency means, but I end up questioning the sincerity of 297 as a result.
I think the inconsistency means that you read me incorrectly to begin with. I'm not sure anyone else would read that as inconsistent from me but I don't think they would.

I still think being so sure of yourself is very bizarre. You say my post is "objectively wrong" but don't say why.

@roundbox, don't have much to say in response to your analysis, I see your points. I didn't vote for Precarious because I didn't think a vote would mean much at that point, since he'd already had some pressure votes on him and there would be no other point to it.

Also I didn't see him as scummy enough to vote for. I did bring up that point with him because it can sometimes indicate scumminess, but in this situation it seems like that's just the way he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-8-2016, 05:36 PM   #834
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

I'll try to be here tonight but WHY must phases always end on Saturday night?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-8-2016, 05:38 PM   #835
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Faster version

Does botchi always post nothing?

Don't quite like juckter's tone, but I'm not sure why.

Shado jumping between humor and serious is distracting.

inD is weird. Their posts slide off my consciousness so easily, which feels like a wolf tactic, but whenever I actually force myself to focus on what they're saying, they seem pretty on point. Overall, I lean town here, the actual content doesn't seem dishonest.

The juckter-Shado group thing is weird. Generally I don't really like either of them tonally. I don't care for Xel either, but hammering home on Haku seems like a bad play for a wolf unless both are wolves, and that just really doesn't seem likely.

#440. Shado null-town reads me while keeping a vote on me. C'mon, that's not even trying.

Gradiant finally votes Freezin. Not totally sold on it. Gradiant feels more convincing in the next phase of their argument, but I'm still not sure Freezin did anything wrong.

Stuff is beginning to run together. Shado votes inD. That at least matches up with his reads. Actually, this begins a run of a couple posts that look better for him. Previously, everything felt manipulative, he seems to be more honest right now.

But as soon as Charu warns him, it's back to chummy posts.

And then he looks townie and honest in his response to inD. I don't even fucking know now.

Oh hey, botchi actually said something. Kind of weird though. Feels incomplete.

I've been kind of ignoring Charu in this thing, but I hope he keeps calling people "Bucko."

Don't like what botchi is doing here at all. Going jokey when you've been so MIA seems deceptive.

Shado is getting townier. And then kind of reverts back to suspicious again in the conversation with inD.

Weirdly long quote post from Xel. I'm not sure it's wolfy, but I don't see how it helps town.

Aryxi drops out. Zenith is a complete null read at this point.
Old 10-8-2016, 05:44 PM   #836
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I still think being so sure of yourself is very bizarre. You say my post is "objectively wrong" but don't say why.
Holy shit. I don't have time for this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I did it I read the posts!!! MY THOUGHTS:

I believe Charu. Because of the reasons everyone has already posted, it would be a very ballsy move and a lot of lies to keep up with if he was a different role. I don't think the potential benefits would outweigh the risks or effort involved in crafting that sort of lie immediately off the bat. Also since it's been a bit and nobody has counter-claimed. I don't see many situations where the real BG wouldn't call Charu out immediately after that post.

I really don't want to say that he is confirmed though. He's not confirmed, and this way of thinking can be dangerous. Keeping an open mind to all possibilities is an essential part of TWG in my opinion. I'm going to keep my eyes open and continue to analyze him because there is still a chance he could be lying. But, I do think it's more likely that he is telling the truth. I don't think there is much point in focusing on this at this time
1. The exclamation points after the "I did it, I read the posts" feels like someone who's proud of himself for just keeping up with what's going on. Misinterpretation, sure. But that's how it read to someone who doesn't know you.

2. You're objectively wrong. Yes, he's confirmed. It's not dangerous. Because if he's not what he says he is, he'll be counterclaimed. Roles flip, so there's no risk of information loss. Either it's a gambit or it's not. But we can assume it's not because there's no risk in assuming it's not. If it is, it will fail before the end of the game, which net benefits the town.

That I keep having to explain this is why people harp on me for repeating the mechanics. But I repeat them because no one seems to understand this.
Old 10-8-2016, 05:47 PM   #837
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ugh, I really don't wanna keep going, lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-8-2016, 05:47 PM   #838
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Don't worry folks, I'll totally still re-read where I left off, but, uuuuugh. Y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-8-2016, 05:57 PM   #839
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

I'm gonna jump on this read people one by one thing lul

Why are you here?
Old 10-8-2016, 05:59 PM   #840
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Okay, reread complete, although I had to stop typing out my thoughts because time.

Some things to note: out of the various votes cast today, only three are still in place, and all have been in place for a while.

1. inDheart - town lean. This kind of style can be wolfed, but it feels sincere so far. If a wolf, this is an effort play.

2. Hakulyte - eh, null to town. There's a lot of stuff I didn't like (mainly the defensiveness and the poorly reasoned Xel vote never moving), but the Haku I saw in the second half of the day seemed to really be searching for answers.

3. Zodiac - Null obviously.

4. ShadoWolfe - null to wolf. I was sure this was going to be a heavy wolf lean, but Shado's overall profile is too mixed for that.

5. danceflashrevo - null. Town reading here for a while, but DFR never really picked it up. The implicit effort kind of disappeared.

6. Charu - Mechanically town unless counterclaimed.

7. Gradiant - Pretty town read. I'm not quite as sold as, well just about everyone, but overall profiles town.

8. FreezinIce - null to town.

9. DaBackpack - null. Don't like the inactivity, but the responses at the end were the towniest thing I saw from DBP all day.

10. Precarious - Town.

11. roundbox - null to wolf. Scummy play, reads feel off, yet I have trouble believing a wolf would actually play this way. Seems risky, but I don't know his meta.

12. botchi246 - wolfish lean. Very inactive, and the few posts felt perfunctory and manipulative.

13. XelNya - null. This could be a serial killer, except feels a little risky for that.

14. juckter1 - null. I have no idea.

15. mellonxcollie - null to town. Just because I disagree with them doesn't mean I wolf read.

[/twgv]botchi246[/twgv]
Closed Thread