Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-1-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
Smart_Bomb
FFR Player

Unhappy so can ppl actully?

so can ppl actully? play and beat those lvl 12 songs? or better yet am i doing something wrong that is preventing me from being able to even move as fast as those songs want me to or are they ment to be impossible to get over a 10 combo on? i can beat most of the lvl 10 songs and some of the 11s, I use 3 fingers ont he keyboard to play, Ive been playing for a very long time and do want to get better, I can read the arrows pretty well but alot of songs have doubles right in the middle of spamming 2 keys at once and i dont understand how ppl can switch over that fast. also I dont think my key board can hit more then 3 keys at once, is their anyway to change that as well?

-long time player but still can be newb at times
Old 05-1-2008, 02:50 AM   #2
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: so can ppl actully?

Yeah, people can pass / full combo / AAA Guru songs. It seems hard for you because you use one-hand. Most good players use two (ie. spread or index) which makes them a lot less hard.

Also, about the keyboard, to resolve that issue, chances are you're gonna have to buy a new one. :|
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

to hit more than 3 keys at once... you'll have to use the key re-mapper in the Settings menu. if you switch to non-arrow keys... like WASD... it should work.

but, as Darkbear said... playing 1-handed (plus not practicing enough) is why you are having major trouble with the highest difficulty songs. try swtching to using the index and middle fingers from both hands. 4 keys, 4 fingers.
Old 05-1-2008, 03:04 AM   #4
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Not sure if you already know this, but you can also screen cut (hide part of the game screen) or use a speed mod to have less reaction time, which almost always helps improve your accuracy.
Old 05-1-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
to hit more than 3 keys at once... you'll have to use the key re-mapper in the Settings menu. if you switch to non-arrow keys... like WASD... it should work.

but, as Darkbear said... playing 1-handed (plus not practicing enough) is why you are having major trouble with the highest difficulty songs. try swtching to using the index and middle fingers from both hands. 4 keys, 4 fingers.
Psht, don't know what you're talking about. My 3 fingers work wonders =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Smart_Bomb
FFR Player

Cool Re: so can ppl actully?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkbearX View Post
Yeah, people can pass / full combo / AAA Guru songs. It seems hard for you because you use one-hand. Most good players use two (ie. spread or index) which makes them a lot less hard.

Also, about the keyboard, to resolve that issue, chances are you're gonna have to buy a new one. :|

first of all thanks for all the feedback, its good to see a forum that actually works!

I should have made myself more clear, I do use 2 hands but I tend to use both my middle fingers and my left index. Also I do use speed mods normally 1.25% I can almost AA lvl10 Classical Insanity with my current skill but for other songs I can press more then 2 keys at once cause of the stupid keyboard and I was trying to see if their was setting I could change somewhere to fix that, I use Windows XP and firefox. I find alot of songs very hard to move even using 4 fingers on the arrow keys especially songs with alot of face arrows and then a double arrow in the middle then a few more fast arrows and another double. I dont have any problem when it single double in half beat rythem just if I'm speedily doing yellows and maby some greens with all the regular arrows then ever other beat they stick in a double I find it very difficult to hit them and also keep the fast pace of the rest of the arrows. Anyways Practice makes perfect I still remember back in 03 when i started this game in the arcades lol takes alot of guts to step up as a total 6'4 185lbs non dancing white guy and start on lvl one or one footers as I called em back then next to the asians waiting in line all ready busting out lvl 8-10s >.< haha But look at me now, I can still toss them around the room AND beat them at there own game haha!
Old 05-2-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
chunky_cheese
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Try this thread.

Last edited by chunky_cheese; 05-2-2008 at 02:00 PM..
chunky_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You can probably find some videos on youtube of people doing them. Even more impressive are the stepmania videos that go well and beyond the realm of FFR skill.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-d3Nrl4Kes
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
OMG its HIM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Bomb View Post
so can ppl actully? play and beat those lvl 12 songs? or better yet am i doing something wrong that is preventing me from being able to even move as fast as those songs want me to or are they ment to be impossible to get over a 10 combo on? i can beat most of the lvl 10 songs and some of the 11s, I use 3 fingers ont he keyboard to play, Ive been playing for a very long time and do want to get better, I can read the arrows pretty well but alot of songs have doubles right in the middle of spamming 2 keys at once and i dont understand how ppl can switch over that fast. also I dont think my key board can hit more then 3 keys at once, is their anyway to change that as well?

-long time player but still can be newb at times
easy i play one hand 3 fingers i cant AAA FMO andFGO but i can actually hit the arrows...but on up to like 70 combo, and i then i miss a note
Best FC-Piano Etude

<He Got Laid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
I will kill you.
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/rs4m0y.jpg
OMG its HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2jWPxfa25Q
Video of me doing an 11 on FFR, Not the hardest but w/e
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
Frozen Beat
coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Beat Send a message via MSN to Frozen Beat

Using a keymapper will help, but it may not completely solve the problem.

Personally, I can full combo multiple masters only songs...

Full comboing gurus only? Give me a few weeks...lol.

Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!
Frozen Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 08:49 PM   #12
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Blackflag...whoops. XD

While I can't say everyone's quite that good, I can say that the path to greatness lies with a lot of effort and generally wasted time.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2008, 09:54 PM   #13
Zythus
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

the reason that you can't do more than 2 keys is because most standard keyboards don't allow the input of 3 or more keys on the same row. Thus, playing spread (Left,Down,8,6) solves this problem, or you can remap to any keys that don't align on the same row on the keyboard.

You might want to consider using 1.5 modifiers soon, the faster it is, the more likely, stereotypically, you would get more perfects.
Zythus is offline   Reply With Quote