Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Better, Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3?
Call of Duty 4 29 72.50%
Halo 3 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #21
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi
Default Re: Call of Duty 4 vs Halo 3

I'm just going to come out and say it SOCOM destroys both of the two.
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #22
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Both games has strengths and weaknesses.

Halo 3 pros:
-Great Multiplayer
-Vast amount of weapons
-Power-ups
-Vehicles
-Shield allowing you to live longer
-Vast amount of game variants
-Customizable game variants and maps
-Customizable game settings

Cons:
-Shields gives players time to notice and escape when under attack
-Auto-Aiming
-Cheap combos (ex. noob combo [BR and PP])
-Glitches
-Repetitive
-No strategy required
-Unrealistic gameplay
-Same old gameplay as previous games

Call of Duty 4 pros:
-Realistic
-Great Graphics
-Customizable classes
-Great Multiplayer
-Great Single Player
-Good rankings
-Strategy required
-Easy to kill others
-Air raids

Cons:
-Easy to BE killed
-All weapons kills the enemy with one shot
-Need high rankings to play most game variants and weapons
-No vehicles
-Almost no use for night visions in MP
-Sniping too easy (shot anywhere and you're dead)

So IMO, Call of Duty 4 is better, but it's really close.
True in every way Halo3=Epic Fail
CoD4 = Epic Pass
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #23
Izlude77714
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Izlude77714 Send a message via MSN to Izlude77714

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Cons:
-Shields gives players time to notice and escape when under attack <-- this is so bad kids cant kill better players like on cod4
-Auto-Aiming <-- this isnt whats bad about h3 whats bad about h3 is the fact that every gun is a machine gun/shotgun with an aiming site that takes up your whole screen (oh wait thats cod4 so theres no aiming skill)
-Cheap combos (ex. noob combo [BR and PP]) <-- they toned it down now and no one even uses it so you really must be a ****ty player to be hit by something that pretty much only flys straight forward
-Glitches <-- they removed them where have you been?
-Repetitive <-- cod4 isnt? at least on halo you arent crouching behind a cardboard box in a ghost town for 2 minutes waiting for the other bastard thats laying in the grass behind some bricks and a barrel thats on fire to walk by so you can shoot him in the ass with your m16 and kill him in 1 hit
-No strategy required <-- same for cod4
-Unrealistic gameplay <-- on cod4 your guy runs piss slow and dies if he gets shot in the knee cap instantly and he cant jump for a ****
-Same old gameplay as previous games <-- dont put h3 on the same level as h1/h2 please because they were 15x better
I think halo3 is about as good as a pile of **** but lets look at it with some logic so imma just quote your post and add some nice arrows with my reply

cod4 is a fun game if it isnt taken seriously because you can be the best player in the world but you can die to common trash and inferior players
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
dye in sum thundurstaorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot You View Post
lmao chapstick d***s i love you izl your face should be on money or something
Quote:
if izldude gets banned again i'm just giving up music games in general
i'll get sam, ieat, and everyone else to go shashakiro on your asses and switch to guitar hero forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
good thing izlude was unbanned or idk how else cheaters would ever be stopped

Last edited by Izlude77714; 01-10-2008 at 11:16 PM..
Izlude77714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #24
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

O.k.
1) Grammar is not too difficult, nor does adding a punctuation mark sacrifice too much of your life.

2) We established that yes, it is very easy to be killed in CoD4(hint, More realistic) But you have yet to really say anything else except " I rape at it, this game is a joke!!!" So do tell, how is it a joke.

Halo was a great game, yes. Halo 2 had great multi-player, but overall was an alright game, not GREAT. Halo 3 is about the same as the previous, only with different graphics and weapons and blah blah blah.

CoD4 does indeed require strategy, otherwise you won't be able to get past those "kids" as you referred to them as. Not only that, but it does have more realistic game play. Humans can't jump 10 feet in the air, and the dying aspect is there because, usually your not going to live a barrage of 3 rounds of machine gun bullets. It just doesn't work like that. Normally 2-3 shots WILL kill you, a lot of times 1 shot doing the damage to kill you.

So please. Insert some logic into what you are saying, other than "EASY TO DIE KIDS KILL ME EASILY!!!"

Edit:Sorry l2awr, missed that. Thinking too far ahead of my typing.

Last edited by MystictheHedgehog; 01-11-2008 at 12:32 AM..
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #25
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
O.k.
1) Grammar is not too difficult, nor does adding a punctuation mark sacrifice too much of your life.

2) We established that yes, it is very is to be killed in CoD4(hint, More realistic) But you have yet to really say anything else except " I rape at it, this game is a joke!!!" So do tell, how is it a joke.

Halo was a great game, yes. Halo 2 had great multi-player, but overall was an alright game, not GREAT. Halo 3 is about the same as the previous, only with different graphics and weapons and blah blah blah.

CoD4 does indeed require strategy, otherwise you won't be able to get past those "kids" as you referred to them as. Not only that, but it does have more realistic game play. Humans can't jump 10 feet in the air, and the dying aspect is there because, usually your not going to live a barrage of 3 rounds of machine gun bullets. It just doesn't work like that. Normally 2-3 shots WILL kill you, a lot of times 1 shot doing the damage to kill you.

So please. Insert some logic into what you are saying, other than "EASY TO DIE KIDS KILL ME EASILY!!!"
Hypocrite? Not to mention, your English isn't any better.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #26
Izlude77714
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Izlude77714 Send a message via MSN to Izlude77714

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
random stuff
I already explained whats wrong with cod4 in my post while commenting on the cons of halo3 and halo3 still takes communication and teamwork who said it doesnt? so does cod4

that still doesnt change the fact that the skill gap is still small on both cod4 and h3 so go back and read my post I said that I would add nice little arrows to his quotes explaining why he was wrong

edit: if your in any kind of decent shape you can jump better than the characters on cod4 oh and people not being able to jump? two words kadour ziani and not to mention hell loads of other people and joe eigo seems to have no trouble getting a good 5 feet in the air with a back flip

long story short you should be able to get more than 1 foot vertical when your doing a running jump even if you do have equipment on and some guns and it isnt realistic to run for 2 secends before your guy is out of breath what a damn pansy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
dye in sum thundurstaorm
Quote:
lmao chapstick d***s i love you izl your face should be on money or something
Quote:
if izldude gets banned again i'm just giving up music games in general
i'll get sam, ieat, and everyone else to go shashakiro on your asses and switch to guitar hero forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
good thing izlude was unbanned or idk how else cheaters would ever be stopped

Last edited by Izlude77714; 01-11-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Izlude77714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #27
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

So you're saying that every single troop in every single company in every single regiment can do 10-foot jumps and backflips, especially with equipment on?

Also, the equipment that have to wear is 50+ pounds. They don't just "run for two seconds before they're out of breath," they can't do a dead-on sprint for extended periods of time. They can still do a half-sprint that's probably equivelent to Halo's running speed.

Unless you can somehow jump 10 feet in the air and sprint for half an hour with 50+ pounds of equipment, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut. Other than that, you haven't made many logical posts.

And now you're banned. Well done.

edit: I really don't mind if you disagree with one side or another, but put some reason and effort behind it.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #28
masamursha
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to masamursha

I voted halo 3
masamursha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #29
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
So you're saying that every single troop in every single company in every single regiment can do 10-foot jumps and backflips, especially with equipment on?

Also, the equipment that have to wear is 50+ pounds. They don't just "run for two seconds before they're out of breath," they can't do a dead-on sprint for extended periods of time. They can still do a half-sprint that's probably equivelent to Halo's running speed.

Unless you can somehow jump 10 feet in the air and sprint for half an hour with 50+ pounds of equipment, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut. Other than that, you haven't made many logical posts.

And now you're banned. Well done.

edit: I really don't mind if you disagree with one side or another, but put some reason and effort behind it.
About the competitive depth of both games he is the ONLY one out of all of you other posters that knows what he is talking about. I'm more than sure COD4 wasn't designed to be 100% real. If you got shot would you fall down and lay there with your pistol up, ready to shoot? PROBABLY NOT. You would be on the ground grabbing your wound rolling around. I don't see that in COD4.

As for my opinion on the 2 games, I don't know the competitive world of COD4 yet, but it is much more fun than Halo 3 if your playing uncompetitive and in matchmaking. If you are playing competitively then Halo 3 is probably the more action type game because of its non realistic features. COD4 has "realistic" features meaning it is very easy to kill your opponent. So what do good/smart players do? CAMP. Ever watch competitive Rainbow 6: Vegas? They CAMP because that is the best strategy. The thing I really dislike about H3 are some of the flaws it has compared to the other 2 games, but they will hopefully be patched in the near future. Oh and the FPS on H3 sucks compared to COD4's.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #30
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

no question.
Halo3 is a ****ty remake of halo2
CoD4 is a completely new game with way better graphics and realism than halo
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #31
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
Apples and oranges.
actually it's more like there's an apple that has taken the best traits out of a few of the better trees out there then cloned incessantly and without remorse despite the fact that fruit enthusiasts want new and exotic tastes since the vast majority of apple eaters don't give two damns about what apple they're eating and just want to shoot people in the head over and over without any variety whatsoever

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #32
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

You can cook grenades.

Depending on your gametype (Hardcore v Deathmatch) certain guns can kill with one shot, but depending on which gun (and perk) will take more.

Sniper rifles have limited ammo (Usually between the 12 and 20 range.) and usually don't tend to get very high on the K/D charts. Not to mention that the red perk has to be stopping power to get a one-hit kill and there's more than a few hit-detection glitches that Infinity Ward are working on. Juggernauts annoy the hell out of me with their ability to take headshots and walk away.

Your basic sprint is about 3 seconds. Go watch a clock as it counts down and tell me that shouldn't be enough time for you to get to cover. For those that don't think so, then you have Extreme Conditioning. Makes you run faster (from what I've seen) and you get about a 9 second sprint.

"So what do good/smart players do? CAMP. Ever watch competitive Rainbow 6: Vegas? They CAMP because that is the best strategy."

Kill-cam. And I've never played Vegas. But the last time I found meself a camper in the corner, I threw a flash, ran around the corner, and knifed the bastard. Another I sniped. Another I just shot. Camping isn't as easy as you'd think. In hardcore it is... but not on the standard Deathmatch. Not to mention the freaking radar. You could tell me they would have UAV jammer, but then they're not going to have Stopping Power or Double-Tap or whatever. Then their killing ability is going to drop. Snipers can't camp either. They get rid of their UAV to get one hit kills and even with the UAV their shots cause them to light up like a tree.

Last edited by Telvanni_guard; 01-12-2008 at 12:31 AM..
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #33
thechild
FFR Player

I love how Perfect Dark Zero never was that popular but IMO is better then Cod4 and Halo 3. Btw, Cod4 > Halo 3
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #34
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
I'm more than sure COD4 wasn't designed to be 100% real. If you got shot would you fall down and lay there with your pistol up, ready to shoot? PROBABLY NOT. You would be on the ground grabbing your wound rolling around. I don't see that in COD4.
That's quite a good point. I've only played CoD2, but I've heard of that feature in CoD4 multiplayer.

Do note, however, that in most CoD games the NPC first recoils from his wound, then reaches for his sidearm and makes his last stand. I think that Infinity Ward tried to imitate this, but forgot to add in the recoil.

Quote:
I love how Perfect Dark Zero never was that popular but IMO is better then Cod4 and Halo 3. Btw, Cod4 > Halo 3
Meh, I don't know. The thing that pissed me off the most is that the allied NPC's were freaking idiots in battle -- particularly when going for a stealth kill or surpise kill. I'll give examples.
-On Level 12 (The mission where you save Jonathan), I was hiding behind a wall near the stairs of the rooftops on the other side of the bridge. I was going to aim properly and spray at the guy on top of the stairs, but one of the troops comes running up the stairs -- and misses every single shot. I had to save his ass about five times that level.
-I was on the bridge on Level 13 (The final battle), hiding from the guy with the RPG, getting ready to shoot him. Jonathan, being the jackass that he is, runs in open daylight and gets himself killed.
-On the same level, I like to go through the buildings on the side, just to give myself a challenge. I was about to pop around a corner in the cavernous area and spray the guys with the shotgun, and Jonathan randomly runs out of cover and gets caught in my blast.
-Jonathan can't shoot to save his life.
-The troops rarely go for cover and often get killed.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #35
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

I don't even understand how you can compare the two. Halo is an sci-fi shooter and CoD is a realistic one. Obviously, a person will be biased in terms of which one they like, but in the end, you can't compare the two because they are so different. The only thing that links these two games together is the fact that they are shooters.
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #36
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

COD4 all the way add me if you want l0ne vvolf
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #37
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff_tech View Post
Give a point to why this is Apples and oranges.
Well, it's really more like red apples and green apples. They're practically the same, but distinctly different. Some people prefer one over the other, but neither is better in an absolute way.

They're both pretty basic FPS games (basic meaning there aren't complex objectives, they mainly break down to a deathmatch in even the most "complex" modes, at least that I'm aware of. A non-basic FPS would be the Battlefield series, or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory). However, modern military FPS with realistic die-in-a-few-shots action is drastically different from a futuristic space war FPS with shields and plasma weapons. For example, I hate playing Unreal Tournament. Is it a bad game? No. I just hate having to shoot something 1000 times to kill it. If you look at the reasons people are giving for one or the other, most of them are just preferences (dying fast vs getting shot a lot).

I mean, I haven't played Halo 3 (just 1 and 2) and I've barely played CoD4, but even without playing them I could tell you that I'd like CoD better.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote