Dark Iron Dwarf x2
Defender of Argus x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Azure Drake x1
Faceless Manipulator x2
Argent Commander x2
Mind Control x1

It would makes it more mid-game oriented. I guess it's lacking silence.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 01-4-2014 at 02:16 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2014, 02:19 PM   #122
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Hearthstone

That looks a ton better, and if the acolyte doesn't work out you can always put back in the other northshire. Whatever works best for you. 2 Faceless is still a little silly, but that is just preference. You could stick in two bombs of your own but I suppose it can be fun to steal an opponents and have the benefit of heal/pw shield on a card you can't normally run in a priest deck. Seems like it would be good VS the druids 5/10 or 8/8 Taunt, can't see much use vs a rush deck though. Maybe if they run Rag or something as a finisher.
Old 01-4-2014, 02:29 PM   #123
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Faceless Manipulator x2 is pretty much my RNG counter when opponents throw crazy combo or cards on the board. I can just copy them back and suicide them for only 5 energy or if my game is going well, I can copy that strong card I got with all its buffs. It's a card that I'm a bit surprised to not see in everyone's deck. Like yesterday I was losing pretty bad on a game and MC'd a Ragnaros and next turn I copied it twice. Kinda disgusting come back.
Old 01-4-2014, 02:36 PM   #124
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

It would be if it had a decent body as a fallback, but as a 3/3 5 drop you only ever play it as a copy. And some games you just don't get something worth copying for 5 that wouldn't be better spent on a different card.

Most of the match-ups with pretty much anything but a druid your dream copy is a Sylvanas or Argent Commander. And the sylvanas copy still lets them have priority for trade so that can backfire big-time. Ultimately the problem is you are relying on a specific board-state to make the card useful, that in it self is very limiting. What if you are board cleared and the opponent has 2 3/3s and a 4/2 fielded. Its a worthless card in that situation, thats why not many people run it. However people do run Big Game Hunter for that situation you described exactly, it kills bombs and combos dead and leaves you with a creature on the field for it, no need to trade. (Though as a priest you do have SWD/MC anyways)

It does fit great into the legendary deck though. Or against it, or other slow play decks.

Last edited by omega_grunt666; 01-4-2014 at 02:39 PM..
omega_grunt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2014, 03:55 PM   #125
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

It's better. You might rank up a bit but you'll probably find you get stuck again in a few ranks.

My issue with this deck is that you have very little card draw in a deck that is ...curved to basically be a board control deck with no lategame minus mind controls or a fortunate faceless.

I suppose what I'm really saying here is that this deck suffers from being situational AND relying on RNG and that kind of deck can never make it to high ELO.

It will RNG poorly very frequently. Not always a bad thing, but it is when you don't have much late game. This deck can come back against big druid decks and the like but will stand 0 chance against even half decent lock, mage or rogue decks. e.g. I don't see any universe where this deck can beat control lock. You are going to lose 100% of games post rank 10 or so to these classes, and even if you run marginally favorable against 2-3 classes, you can see why you will never rank up.

Another problem is that both of your major card draws in this deck are situational and you don't really have good buffs other than power word shield. If these cards don't show, you're in trouble. Acolyte is often a value town card but clerics can be a lot harder to get anything out of.

Also, 2 tazdingos and 2 defenders of argus might be a bit excessive. I'd remove at least one of the taz for something more useful. Tazdingo serves almost no purpose if you have Defender in your hand, and if you have tazdingo instead you're just sitting on an inferior version of a card that's still in your deck.

On Faceless: Meh, people don't run him at higher ranks and there's a reason. If he was a winning card, decks would use it but they don't. He's a losing card in almost any constructed deck.

Think about how you get true value out of faceless: By copying something that costs more than 5 mana that is good on your board. 5 mana cards don't count because there are plenty of 5s you can run that aren't situational (thus negative value to faceless). Ok, so 6+ mana cards faceless technically gets value but he loses tempo for everything that isn't rag and you have to take that into consideration. So honestly, most 6s are extremely bad for faceless mind some specific cards.

So 7+s are where you get real value. How often are those played? Sometimes sure, how can you even ensure you get value? The card still has to survive etc and you have to wait a turn. It's extremely situational and very risky. Why run faceless when you can just...run an extremely strong legendary that ISN'T situational?

Last edited by Reach; 01-4-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2014, 04:12 PM   #126
Hakulyte
the Haku

lol, just by the time you posted this, I already sort of drastically changed my decks in general and came to similar conclusions.

I'm also curious as to what could be a solid deck in your opinion. It seems like I keep having small inconsistencies. I wonder what you could come up with if I gave you the condition to not use a single legendary.
Old 01-4-2014, 04:46 PM   #127
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
lol, just by the time you posted this, I already sort of drastically changed my decks in general and came to similar conclusions.

I'm also curious as to what could be a solid deck in your opinion. It seems like I keep having small inconsistencies. I wonder what you could come up with if I gave you the condition to not use a single legendary.
The best deck I have that isn't running a single legendary is my warlock deck.

This deck runs favorably (over 50% win rate) @ sub 10 rank against most classes. It can get destroyed by druids and OTK warriors (that RNG well) but it has few weaknesses. I don't think this deck can go sub rank 5 BUT with some changes (that I will *) I think it could get to rank 1.

Soulfire x1
Mortal Coil x1 (x2 is possible)
Power overwhelming x1
Argent Squire x2
Blood Imp x2
Flame Imp x2
Voidwalker x2
Young Priestess x2
Leper Gnome x1*(I removed this recently and added Cainre Bloodhoof, but that's a legendary :P)
Novice Engineer x2*
Knife Juggler x2
Harvest Golem x2
SSC x2
Acolyte of Pain x1*
DID x2
Defender of Argus x2
Frostwolf Warlord x1 *
2x Argent Commander

Acolyte is an amazing card in this deck (extremely easy to buff, draw saves me two mana taps) but not necessary. Something aggro like Mukla would be better.

Frostwolf warlord should be Sylvanas but I don't have her. He's the best alternative I have for 5 because it forces my opponent to either remove it or lose the game. Most of the time I can easily play him into 4 minions making him a 8/8 for 5 mana.

I switched Leper Gnome for Cainre but a better swap is actually Black Knight (I don't have it). However, don't be fooled Cairne is OP as fuck (it's basically an upgraded harvest golem which is already one of the best cards in the game) and one of the strongest cards in the game. The only reason BK is even remotely better is because it's better for your tempo and easier to finish, since this deck falls off late game and it's extremely good against late game druids and paladins that plan to drop Tyrion or an Ancient war to win.

Playing it: Pretty straight forward. Most stuff that isn't early game gets mulliganed. Play as much shit as you can and trade if it's efficient, if not hit them in the face. Soulfire only when absolutely necessary on the board, the rest are held and used to finish. When facing people that can AOE you and you're vulnerable, hold back 2 mana and tap instead frequently to avoid filling the board.

Next to this, I have a mage deck that can go sub rank 5 that doesn't use legends either but it needs Pyro (and would benefit heavily from Sylvanas). Pyros are really expensive to craft though.

Edit: Recently removed a soulfire for a power overwhelming. Over a large sample of games it seems to work better since sitting on a soulfire can be REALLY bad in this deck because you're usually low on cards, and if the other soulfire peels and you need it to finish it's a ridiculously awkward situation. Fixed easily by this change since you simply go PO -> SF. People often won't expect it since if you pair it with like DID or DoA you'll always do 10 damage on top of whatever is on the board. or AC + PO + SF for 12 which is even better.

Also considering adding 1x Blood knight because I'm not the only one running 2x argent squire >_> everyone seems to be running it and getting a 6/6 early for 3 mana is gg in this deck unless it gets removed.

Last edited by Reach; 01-12-2014 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-4-2014, 10:48 PM   #128
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

#1 Decklist
Boringx30

Just play to have fun or you'll completely burn out before new cards come out. Ranks are going to reset soon anyways (and on a monthly basis) So unless you are going for card backs (Which aren't available yet) the only reason to play ranked is to try and hit legend. And at that point you're probably better off listening to someone who has reached that point recently because they'll have a better idea of what to expect on the way up.
Old 01-4-2014, 11:20 PM   #129
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

It's not like it's a murlock deck. You still have to make decisions.

I think it's the strongest deck you can possibly build without a legendary, which is what he asked.

If you want to just play for fun you might as well play casual anyway. That's where I run my absurd shit.
Old 01-4-2014, 11:30 PM   #130
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Not ripping on your decklist, just the meta in general. A lot of decks share the same neutrals. +Thalnos, Sylvanas, Ragnaros. +Argent Commander, Knife Juggler, Defender of Argus. +Shattered Sun Cleric, Dark Iron Dwarf, Novice Engineer. There almost isn't a deck in the game that doesn't run one or more of those cards. (9/439, Also noticed most useful epics are class epics. Other than BGH)

Game needs more cards

Last edited by omega_grunt666; 01-4-2014 at 11:33 PM..
omega_grunt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2014, 08:14 AM   #131
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 View Post
Not ripping on your decklist, just the meta in general. A lot of decks share the same neutrals. +Thalnos, Sylvanas, Ragnaros. +Argent Commander, Knife Juggler, Defender of Argus. +Shattered Sun Cleric, Dark Iron Dwarf, Novice Engineer. There almost isn't a deck in the game that doesn't run one or more of those cards. (9/439, Also noticed most useful epics are class epics. Other than BGH)

Game needs more cards
Both points very true.

There's nothing special about the deck but for players that want to optimize their play, you kinda have to use the best neutrals. I only ran it to rank 7 because of the reset (but still no reset?) but WR was about 100% 25->12, 75% 11-10, 66% 9-8.

Meta is going to stay this way though because these are the strongest cards there are minus legendaries, at least until they introduce more cards. Only decks that are stronger than ones like these are ones loaded with legendaries that just outvalue these cards.

No idea when they plan to release more cards though. Hopefully when it comes out of beta or something.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #132
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/257-up...ash-the-hounds

Blizzard droppin dat dere nerf bat.

Other than Hunters who get a mini buff that won't matter and Druids who are already probably the #1 class in the game yet go untouched.

Also my deck got nerfed so hard it's unbelievable. Blizzard please.

Last edited by Reach; 01-13-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #133
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Ahaha! blood imp finally gets it. Abusive is pretty strong now, I guess they wanted to see it more in constructed but it did get some use in arena aleady. Dark Iron still pretty good. Sylvanas is still great for 6.

But that OTK warrior nerf....
Old 01-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #134
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 View Post
Ahaha! blood imp finally gets it. Abusive is pretty strong now, I guess they wanted to see it more in constructed but it did get some use in arena aleady. Dark Iron still pretty good. Sylvanas is still great for 6.

But that OTK warrior nerf....
Blood imp overnerfed IMO. It's trash now. Changing the HP to a buff and not an instant cast destroyed the card as it is but did they really need to remove the attack too? LOL. This card is DEAD. RIP. It's getting chucked from most of my warlock decks.

The correct move was to only have it buff adjacent minions. This in and of itself is a massive nerf but still gives lock defense against consecrate, holy nova and blizzard. Now basically my deck sucks which is funny because it was strong but not even what top players were running.

DID is still OK. I might search for alternatives since it's not OP now but it's not a bad card. Balanced, if anything so GJ blizz. It was either this or +1 perma buff and they're both pretty similar. Card was objectively pretty OP.

Sylvanas still OP most likely. Just more expensive and might fit in less decks.

Novice engineer nerf is weird. I won't have any use for them in most of my decks now. I'll be switching most of them to loot horders.

DoA nerf irrelevant. Warsong commander nerf is LOL worthy but honestly doesn't change a lot. IMO it would have been MUCH better to nerf molten giants.

As it stands now, Druid is going to be extremely OP, followed closely by control lock. Druid can beat control lock but barely...the biggest counter to control lock was spell mage but that got nerfed extremely hard so it's a massive buff to a deck that was already extremely strong. Pyro was extremely strong and extremely annoying but they could have bumped it to 9 mana and watched what happened rather than go straight to 10 like they did with mind control (which was a mistake).

Last edited by Reach; 01-14-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #135
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm pretty sure some of you had RNG give you funny unlikely moments, feel free to post them too~

Last edited by Hakulyte; 01-18-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #136
Samwais
Mysterious. . . .
FFR Veteran

Meanwhile I managed to get a literal last second beta request in and got in \:3/

I've had a friend help me out while I'm still basically setting up stuff.

At the moment I'm climbing ranked slowly but surely (at 22 now) with a very budget rogue deck (only basic cards used). I'm expecting to get shut down after I get out of wood league ;w;

On the side I'm still leveling up other classes to 10.
Samwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #137
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I take it back; the mini hunter buff does matter but mostly as an annoyance. I'm not convinced it's a highly competitive deck because most variants are easily countered by any of the popular decks with heals (i.e. they will lose to druids that swap in two heals, to paladins, giant warlocks and probably priests too).

But god damn it's a really annoying deck and coin flips against a bunch of popular decks out there right now. It's also very anti aggro. Getting really sick of running into this deck on the ladder right now because it coin flips against my warlock deck. I was winstreaking undefeated shortly after the patch from 15->11 and things were going great until I started running into hunters like, every single game, many of which have a horseshoe up their ass.

Match vs lock basically comes down to: Do they draw an explosive trap to play on turn 4? (t3 eaglehorn also works but not as well) If yes, do they have UtH or Leeroy in their hand? If yes, Hunter wins. If no to Q1 or Q2, hunter loses.

such a boring match, particularly because the hunter can play like a braindead moron and it doesn't matter. If he has turn 4 explosive trap I can't do shit unless I have golems out or something since after the Blood imp tragic overnerf shit doesn't survive the trap unless I wait a turn or two. So I pray to RNGesus that I get a DoA or he slings a bunch of shit into my face and I lose QQ.

Murloc warlock was a fucking treat (so easy to counter) compared to this since there really aren't any counters to it other than heals or giant taunts.

Probably gonna get nerfed tbh, blizzard will probably bump UtH up to 3 mana which will slow this deck down a lot and make it less of a flip thankfully.

As for RNG funnies:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNzk...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Reach; 01-20-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #138
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

That #2 and #1 fuckkkk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #139
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Game just went Open Beta, get those free wins while you can.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #140
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Finally started playing this again after not touching it for months. It has changed quite a bit. Took a while to rebuild my deck haha. Up to rank 19 at the moment with not too much effort so that's cool I guess :P

EDIT: Also, who are jiuern#1408 and Kwerooias#1381? I can't accept the invites for some reason and I have no idea who they are anyways lol.

Last edited by shenjoku; 01-24-2014 at 12:35 AM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote