Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-5-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
OrganisM
FFR Player

Default Re: iPod Touch

I've had several video iPods, both gen nanos, several Creative Zen mp3 players and a few others.

The iPod nano 2nd gen is by far the most consistently performing, and I think it's the best player out there on the market.

Btw, the iPod video is a fragile and poorly performing piece of ****. Believe me, I should know.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2007, 11:58 PM   #22
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

my ipods all jacked up. i need to change the batteries.
Old 09-6-2007, 12:51 AM   #23
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4z33b0 View Post
tibs - not so with the iphone. i completely agree about the ipod and imacs
Uh...I bought my 30gig iPod video for 90 bucks. However, it was bundled with my macbook. But yeah, mac is more expensive, and is kind of ridiculous when it comes to certain things, I must say that I am 100% happy that I switched.

The thing about Apple users is that they are pretty much a cult. Why? I dunno...brainwashing...but it's the good kind of brainwashing. The kind that leaves you feeling happy every time your idiot floormates go running down to the Residential Computer Resource Center because their Windows machine died on them again.

Yes, the solution to all your computer problems is simply: buy a mac.

Unless you want to play games...in which case, enjoy your money pit while you can, 5 years from now you'll look back and say, "man, why did I waste so much goddamn money on that sh*t."

Also, tibs, you're one to talk, you bought a PS3.

Oh, and the iPod touch? Awesome...but kind of pointless if you already own an iPod.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 01:25 AM   #24
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Apple continues to screw its customers over.

I never wanted an iPod. I got one because my sister wanted one and my parents thought I'd be jealous or something. I rarely use it and it was a pretty big waste of money.

iPhones? Bring them down to... let's say... free. Then I'll care. Every cell phone I've ever used has been free. You pay for the service plan and get rebates on some phones. I am with Tibs on this one. I want a phone that makes calls and has a phone book. That's it. No camera, no e-mail, no games, none of that crap. Maybe text messaging because my friends use it at times.

Anyone who pays over $100 for a phone is pretty dumb in my opinion. Then again I say the same for people who pay hundreds of dollars for video game consoles that have no games to play, so I may just be biased against cost.

Although... I used to work in a store where I could get away with charging someone $500 to frame their pictures, so nevermind. Not that I wanted to charge them that much. They liked what I suggested and had money to burn, obviously. Personally, I was known at the store for putting low costs first instead of good looks. It was only the people who bought thousand-dollar prints or canvas art who were willing to pay a small fortune just to put some pretty wood / paper around it.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 01:29 AM   #25
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I am cheap and am apparently oblivious to the fact that America is a capitalist consumer market. I mean, the fact that people might actually use their camera phone, or online capabilities is beyond my comprehension. But it doesn't matter because my opinion is supreme law of the land, anyone who disagrees is obviously an idiot.
k.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-6-2007 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Can we not bring that up again?
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 01:58 AM   #26
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
The kind that leaves you feeling happy every time your idiot floormates go running down to the Residential Computer Resource Center because their Windows machine died on them again.

Yes, the solution to all your computer problems is simply: buy a mac.
From a hardcore computer builder, programmer, music producer, and gamer's perspective, no. No, no, no.

I would recommend the Mac over the average Dell or Gateway, because it happens to be very consumer-friendly and is free of a lot of the problems that plague cheaply made mass-produced badly made PCs. I do like the fact that when I get an Apple product, I know it will work seamlessly with an Apple computer.

However, I like having control over what powers my computer, and in a Mac you simply don't have that. You can slap in HDDs and RAM and PCI devices, but you can't control anything else. That's the price for standardization, and I don't like it very much. Remember those shiny SCSI drives the Mac freaks were going ape**** over a while back? Remember how Apple suddenly dropped support for SCSI drives and the Mac fanatics were left tripping over themselves? It wasn't pretty.

I'd sooner build my own PC than have a Mac. And I'm not getting a Mac just so I can have Logic. I'm fine with Reason, Sonar, Cubase, and a ton of other programs. It's the musician that makes the music, not the programs.

With my computers that I build, they run extremely fast and don't have any problems, and I can upgrade every component of them as I wish. I have complete control over them and can do so much more with them than a Mac.

I feel sorry for the sad ****s that buy a Sony Vaio. It's like a Mac without any of its advantages and all the problems that plague a PC. I've used two different Vaio laptops and a desktop extensively, and I can say that man oh man, Sony really knows how to make a silicon turd.

I can keep on going, but the idea that Mac is superior to all PCs just isn't true.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 09-6-2007, 02:30 AM   #27
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

No, Jewpin, I understand that some people use their phones for those things.

I see cellphones as the watered-down version of everything. Funny enough, I see Apple products the same way.

On a cell phone, you have a camera. It's a low-quality camera that is difficult to aim and usually takes crappy photos. Most don't even have flash. It's there because there are people who don't want to take real cameras with them to take real pictures of things.

On a cell phone, you have an Internet connection. It's a low-quality, horrible rendition of the Internet that you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to use. It's there because there are people who don't take their laptops with them or use computer centers like libraries or whatnot to use the Internet on-the-go.

On a cell phone, you have games. They're low-quality low-interest pieces of crap that only exist to waste time on-the-go. They exist for people who don't know / care about GameBoys or PSPs or DSes.

Now take Apple products. A mac is a computer for people who don't get computers or are self-proclaimed "enthusiasts" in the video or audio field. That's it, really. Organism posted the rest.

iPod? You mean, music on-the-go? But there's a price to be paid. You're basically sacrificing the functions of a laptop to have a "cool" portable media player. Hey, if I really had the time or interest to listen to my music, I could just plug headphones into my laptop and carry that around in my bag. It would have saved my parents $400 when they bought me a device I didn't really want.

iPhones... I can't even imagine who needs such a thing. Seriously, it's Altair 8800 all over again with the iPhone. It's a device you spend a ton of money on to do... nothing.

Can anyone tell me why Apple products are so freakin' expensive compared to their competition? 9 years ago I could purchase an MP3 player for $20. And I did. And I still have it. It has limitless storage space. I won't divulge into the details here though. It's more fun that way.

Then out comes the iPod that costs 200% more. And you can't even use AA batteries. You have to pay them another $100 just to get a new one every few years.

Oh wait, wasn't that one of your pro-mac arguments? That PCs die in just a few years and you need a new one? Whoops, neglected something thar.

That's what I think about when I buy products. I don't buy things for short-term or for impractical uses. I looked at iPhone without even considering the price and said "do I really need a phone that can do all these things?" I can't imagine anyone does. I simply cannot imagine anyone in the world who needs a phone to have a touch screen, photo organizer, MP3 player, Internet browser, etc. all in one device. Y'all just want one because it looks cool and you can show it off to your friends. AKA: Altair 8800.

I said it in the PS3 thread. Consolidation is a good thing, but it's getting out of hand. These new products remind me of frying pans with radios on them. How the heck is that useful?! People only buy them because they *think* it's a worthwhile product. It's a radio and a frying pan for less than it would cost to have both separately! Yet, you sacrifice something when you consolidate. You no longer have a frying pan or a radio. You can't just go "hey, let me turn on the radio" because you'd have to get out the frying pan. You have to be careful when using the frying pan so that you don't damage the radio. You've pretty much turned two useful products into one worthless device.

That's what I see Apple doing. That's why I say it's stupid.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-6-2007 at 02:32 AM..
Old 09-6-2007, 03:31 AM   #28
OrganisM
FFR Player

I wouldn't say that iPhones are completely useless and that their more complex features aren't desirable, but at the same time it's a fragile device and such devices are often ultimately impractical.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 09-6-2007, 05:44 AM   #29
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Squeek, don't you have to pay for AA batteries? They die, you have to buy new ones. Repeat x10.

And I guess my iPod got stolen at a fairly convenient time.

Still pissed though. >:[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 12:15 PM   #30
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Or, be a smart consumer, realize you're going to be using a lot of AA batteries, and buy some rechargeables.

I bought rechargeables for my Wii remotes because the thing eats them up like candy. Turns out I have 16 AA batteries and 8 AAA batteries to be used in this recharger for whatever reason. I guess they're just generous.

Whenever I buy something, I look at the long-term. I never buy anything on a whim.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #31
psychofish25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychofish25

I bought an Ipod Touch a few weeks ago and got bored with it so I decided to ahck mine and put custom apps on it. Its a semi-complicated process and most guides are far too confusing so just post on my wall or something if you want some info. I'd be glad to help.
psychofish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #32
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

iPod touch=fun
iPhone=expensive
iPod=crap

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Nightfirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #33
psychofish25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychofish25

The iPod Touch may not be so attractive to people at the start, but trust me after hacking it it's worth twice the price
psychofish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #34
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofish25 View Post
The iPod Touch may not be so attractive to people at the start, but trust me after hacking it it's worth twice the price
lmfao

"HEY GUYS LOOK AT MY IPOD NOW I CAN PLAY cUsToM gAmEs AND USE cUsToM sKinZZZZZZZZ"

no i'm pretty sure that doesn't make it better in any way whatsoever

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #35
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

I got one of these for an early Christmas present.
It's really worth having, but not worth spending your own money, especially if you do not have a job.
Built in Youtube/safari ;]
If you get one make sure to get a nice case/plastic screen overlays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic M View Post
Ill probably just end up sticking to my video anyways because i only use the music anyways, alothough the wifi looks nice. Looks like an iphone without phone capabilities.
Pretty much, ;]
But I have never operated a iPhone, so I wouldn't know
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #36
Dimitri13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Dimitri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner692 View Post
That looks just like the iPhone to me, but nonetheless it looks cool

$300 isn't that bad at all

hell I think ive gotten a ticket that costed more
Yeah, Hannah Montana tickets are so aspensive =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonistsgetallthegirls
changing Antarctica into a desert
good thing theres lots of sand under all the ice
Dimitri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #37
imockthepea
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to imockthepea

I got one for my birthday. I have never had 8 gigs of music space so I'm finding really hard to fill, but that iTunes store connection is helping me minimize that space ! It's worth it, I thought the buzz of it would wear off after a couple of days but I still find myself flipping through cover flow on my ride in and out of school.

AAA's to date- 2
Newest- Excite Bike
imockthepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #38
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Im getting an Itouch for Christmas!
Be jealous.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #39
Professor Raine
FFR Player

I don't really care. Just an MP3 player that holds about 512 or so MGs of music is fine for me. The bells and whistles just make it more expensive.

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Professor Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #40
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Raine View Post
I don't really care. Just an MP3 player that holds about 512 or so MGs of music is fine for me. The bells and whistles just make it more expensive.
But you have to admit, that touch screen is pretty sexy.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote