Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default suggestion for the use of an artist's material

As hopefully most of you know, on May 5, the extremely awesome Nine Inch Nails released their newest full-length album, The Slip, free of charge. This also includes free accredited usage of the songs on the album. As stated by Wikipedia:

Quote:
Like the previous Nine Inch Nails studio album Ghosts I–IV, The Slip is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-noncommercial share alike license, in effect allowing anyone to use or rework the material for any non-commercial purpose, as long as credit is provided and the resulting work is released under an identical license.
I really do take what's printed above as permission to use the songs. Further support, this time from their own website:

Quote:
we encourage you to remix it, share it with your friends, post it on your blog, play it on your podcast, give it to strangers, etc.
If necessary, though, I'm pretty sure specific permission would be pretty easily obtainable.

So, how's about some Nine Inch Nails songs on FFR? If no one else is willing to (hard to fathom), I could make a file or two in a couple of weeks.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: suggestion for the use of an artist's material

i tend to still not accept CC licenses... not because it isn't valid... but because i don't like using an artist's stuff without them knowing, even if they're cool with it. i want them to want to be on FFR, to be pumped about being on FFR, etc etc.

so, given that statement... it does seem they would be fine with use on FFR. someone want to send them an email about it?