Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-9-2011, 11:05 PM   #3461
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

no 9 should be harder than over the frail dream. if it is then its a 10
Old 02-9-2011, 11:17 PM   #3462
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I thought it was a 9, IMO. Just be consistent.
Gee, I'm sorry I suck too much to easily low SDG 9s these days. But I guess I'm also good enough to low SDG plenty of songs that are two difficulties higher?

When we look at difficulties, we have to get past the mentality of thinking that anything you can easily do should be not much harder for lower-skilled players. If you find something easy, you won't be able to tell how hard it is for actual players, because you can't compare two things which are both trivial to you. I've seen people make that mistake with jumptrillable patterns, jacks, jumpstream, and color notes - and I think you're making it here.

Quote:
And if you don't like left-handed minijacks, you can always mirror and try the converse.
Tried that. But it's still got left hand minijacks, and lots of right hand ones. And I shouldn't have to be mirroring a 9 to do well on it.

Last edited by qqwref; 02-9-2011 at 11:19 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2011, 11:31 PM   #3463
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
no 9 should be harder than over the frail dream. if it is then its a 10
not just saying this just because, tass actually made it clear that otfd was suppose to be the hardest 9 in game
Old 02-9-2011, 11:39 PM   #3464
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Tried that. But it's still got left hand minijacks, and lots of right hand ones. And I shouldn't have to be mirroring a 9 to do well on it.
(non-mirror) It only has one set of right arrow jacks. The up jacks shouldn't be -as- hard as jacks on exterior arrows (the left and right) assuming a normal spread position, because your index fingers are stronger. So in actuality, the song is really quite one-sided.

Despite the jacks, I still think it's a 9, and that's my opinion.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2011, 11:39 PM   #3465
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

WC: That's pretty funny, because at the current rate OTFD will soon be the *easiest* 9 in game.

bmah: You're free to have an opinion, but I do think it's biased by too much speed.
Old 02-9-2011, 11:41 PM   #3466
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

if my opinion is of any value, I also thought voodoo played more like a low 10 as opposed to a 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #3467
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Sprite and I would usually update the FAQ with the current list of secret songs but we're just gonna put a link to this thread instead. With that said, I added Voodoo People to the list. I also put in the page links for the songs that didn't have them. I hope you don't mind.

On a side note... I don't know about you, Jimerax, but I get a slow response and sometimes database errors that require some refreshing to get past when I make edits to the OP. You may want to consider some way of breaking it up to have less characters. I ran across this problem with the pseudo token thread. The OP eventually contained so much information that I couldn't edit it. I had to break it up into multiple posts. It seems you may be getting to that point here.
I don't mind at all, thanks for updating.

Yeah the response speed when I update the OP is already really slow.
I'm thinking of moving inactive parts of the OP to other post.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #3468
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
Yeah the response speed when I update the OP is already really slow.
I'm thinking of moving inactive parts of the OP to other post.
What you could do (and what Sprite did for the pseudo token thread) is delete posts after the OP that aren't yours until another one of your posts becomes post #2. Then you can edit that for more information that would normally be in the OP while keeping it all next to each other on the first page of the thread.

As far as the first page goes, you have posts #5, #12, #16, and #17 so you actually have a good amount of posts to bump up without deleting that many others in the process.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 AM   #3469
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Alright so I just finished doing a pretty big update for all of this, with a lot of help from Sprite.

The list of songs should be complete now. (Or really damn close.) Sprite whipped up a script that helped out a ton with getting this together and in the right format, so a HUGE thanks goes to him for making this process a lot more efficient.

I tried to make sure there aren't two of one song in a category but I probably missed some. Also I may have missed adding some songs completely. The old list was pretty rough and full of gaps haha. I spent awhile trying to organize everything and pick out what does and doesn't belong, but mistakes happen. Things should be pretty solid for the most part, though.

As you can see I spread the OP out over four posts (now the first four) instead of just keeping it all in one. There was a lot of information missing. There was no way an edit could happen in one post quickly, if at all, with a full update. I also separated the songs that don't have a difficulty yet. On top of all of that, there's a Legacy section and every song is linked to the right page. It's basically just a matter of getting the bpm for everything on top of the difficulties.

There's more I could organize but I believe I'll stop for now. I've been wanting to at least get to this point for awhile tonight. I don't know how long it took. I don't want to know. Enjoy the update.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 02-11-2011 at 02:38 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #3470
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

D____D I guess dom just nullified what i've been chipping away at over the last week or so.

Good job guys, I was just about finished fixing all the links for the undefined diff songs in a rewritten op. Guess i'll go do something else now, lol.

Looks great btw
Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #3471
bmah
shots FIRED

Still a lot of missing info anyone can work on. I'll be happy to provide the bpms of my files later on. As for the missing difficulties, I expect a lot of discussion in the near future!

Great work, Hammy and Sprite!

p.s. note that existing info might not be correct as well (e.g. Necropotence has a bpm of 222-444, not just 222)
Old 02-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #3472
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Still a lot of missing info anyone can work on. I'll be happy to provide the bpms of my files later on. As for the missing difficulties, I expect a lot of discussion in the near future!

Great work, Hammy and Sprite!

p.s. note that existing info might not be correct as well (e.g. Necropotence has a bpm of 222-444, not just 222)
Thanks, bmah.

I updated the bpm for that after seeing your post. I probably won't do much as far as finding bpms, but I'll certainly help Jimerax update things as more information is provided.

I actually should get the bpm for my files up there as well.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #3473
jimerax

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Thanks for adding new songs and links Hammy.

XXX - XXX thing for BPM might help, but I'm not sure we should add them for all songs, for especially dynamic BPM songs.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #3474
who_cares973
FFR Player

Highest and lowest bpm of every song. But since this is ffr and changes in speed don't affect anything other than the note colour the first bpm in the file should be enough
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #3475
LJRoX
Banned

So what's going to happen with ONI and HEAVY unlock?
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #3476
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Not sure what the current discussion is with what should unlock Heavy and Oni, but Sprite pulled up the code for me so I could double check that the Oni unlock list in this thread was up to date. Everything on it was correct, but it was missing BB Revenge. I added that and then color coded everything.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #3477
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

I have a question about the Heavy/Oni unlocks. Why are there so many for Oni, but no where near half as many for Heavy? Is it just the matter of there not being as many qualifying songs for Heavy?
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #3478
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
I have a question about the Heavy/Oni unlocks. Why are there so many for Oni, but no where near half as many for Heavy? Is it just the matter of there not being as many qualifying songs for Heavy?
My assumption is that people are more adamant about determining what should unlock Oni instead of Heavy, so the list expanded to meet the satisfaction of the majority. I'd say there are enough appropriate songs to unlock Heavy to make the two lists equal, but I guess people were happy with the current amount. I'd like to see more going towards the Heavy unlock to balance things out.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #3479
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Actually, I'd prefer to store the "base" bpm of the song, when that's possible. For a song with tons of bpm changes it's fine to list the lowest and highest, but for songs which have doubled/halved bpm sections or slowdowns, it's just confusing to list other numbers. For instance, the vast majority of Fei Longer plays at 120 bpm, but there's a slowdown to about 93 bpm at the end. I think it would be much more useful to say it's 120 bpm than to say it's 93-120 bpm. And similarly it would be more useful to know Necropotence is a 222 bpm file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
So what's going to happen with ONI and HEAVY unlock?
I think the plan is to make the actual requirements as confusing as possible.
P.S.: Can we have all FMOs unlock Oni already? It would be a way simpler requirement to check for in the game code, and we'd just have to be careful not to set borderline VC-FMO songs to FMO when they're placed ingame.

Last edited by qqwref; 02-11-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #3480
bmah
shots FIRED

I'm also curious as to why there's no coding in which songs of a certain difficulty can automatically achieve a specific goal (i.e. unlock a token). With some songs of equal difficulty unaccounted for, how come token reqs must be added manually to individual songs?

The main reasoning I'm hearing is that difficulty changes are dynamic. But is it not possible to make coding to encompass one set of difficulty? e.g. "any song of difficulty 11 AAAed = true = token unlocked" for [oni] token

In this case, it doesn't matter if some songs change difficulty; any songs listed with a difficulty of 11 = [oni] token unlock.