Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #101
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Who is the best rhythm gamer you've seen in your rhythm gaming career?

I don't watch enough videos online of the current best players... but I'll say that the best players IRL I've seen are Opkiller, Staiain and Samurai (these last two at anime north last year). Each time I see Op play when he comes around, I can't believe such skill is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #102
Leo137
FFR Player

Default Re: Who is the best rhythm gamer you've seen in your rhythm gaming career?

-ABCD and FEFEMZ for the aforementioned reasons
-DOLCE maybe
-Mad Matt
-lots of sm players
-cookiezi (debatable as i dont know much about osu!std)
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #103
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'd say someone like Horo because of how many rhythm games he can play proficiently
Leonid because he's top tier in anything he tries
Old 05-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #104
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TeRa] View Post
why is tera banned
Old 05-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #105
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher

Only one that I seen that has really opened my eyes up was 1337Vertex.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #106
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Mad Matt

whole-body movement is a lot more impressive to me than just hands.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #107
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Mad Matt

That's debatable...*shuffling on the spot at 260bpm*
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #108
ilikexd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
That's debatable...*shuffling on the spot at 260bpm*
It's not debatable: the legs, core, and arms are each involved in separate functions of playing. The majority of physical effort is employed to keep the body stable and still from the ridiculous amount of movement in every direction. That from a distance it looks like only feet shuffling in place is due to the enormous exertion of the core and arms at stabilizing the rest of the body.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:09 PM   #109
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Mad Matt

Quote:
It's not debatable: the legs, core, and arms are each involved in separate functions of playing. The majority of physical effort is employed to keep the body stable and still from the ridiculous amount of movement in every direction. That from a distance it looks like only feet shuffling in place is due to the enormous exertion of the core and arms at stabilizing the rest of the body.
I'm sorry this is rather contradictory..

Trolling aside it's definitely an insane skill-set he has, although you're comparing apples to oranges when you try to put that up against finger-based rhythm games.

The question the OP is asking is basically like asking "Who is the best athlete you've ever seen in your career in sport?"

Last edited by Dynam0; 05-20-2015 at 11:12 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:17 PM   #110
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

0133 is better than ABCD at this point, and he dominated not only BMS and also osu!mania. He's also playing o2jam as well, and he's moving up noticeably quickly. I'll make a full post on who I think is the best at rhythm games are when I get back home

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 05-20-2015 at 11:17 PM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #111
ilikexd

Quote:
I'm sorry this is rather contradictory..

Trolling aside it's definitely an insane skill-set he has, although you're comparing apples to oranges when you try to put that up against finger-based rhythm games.

The question the OP is asking is basically like asking "Who is the best athlete you've ever seen in your career in sport?"
Yeah it is a bit of an uneven comparison to bring in ITG into a topic mostly about games played with the hands. Out of those Staiain impresses me the most.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:22 AM   #112
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

just going to emphasize here that ilikexd's response is correct -- stabilization is still whole body work, though I'm not sure if you were disputing that

Quote:
this is a legit question though and it's got a decent answer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...es-of-all-time

of course, you really have two categories: multi-game rhythm gamers and single-game rhythm gamers, and you can compare divisions within those two -- how long a player has reigned over others, how far ahead they are, etc.

for example DOLCE has the longest reign of any rhythm game player I've seen, I think
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 AM   #113
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
0133 is better than ABCD at this point, and he dominated not only BMS and also osu!mania. He's also playing o2jam as well, and he's moving up noticeably quickly. I'll make a full post on who I think is the best at rhythm games are when I get back home
that sounds awesome, can you include vids of 0133 when you do?
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 AM   #114
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

How preggers hasn't said 02jamguy yet is beyond me.

But for real, the Taiwanese Osu Taiko team is really impressive. Mliengcheng, MonkeyDLuffy, Howar and Ishida all put up consistent SS's (even with mods) throughout the Taiko World Cup and I mean, playing in a tournament setting vs some random live stream makes it that much more impressive to me. FLANKS is also a really great Taiko player as well.

Obviously when it comes to 4k stuff Stian and Etienne are always really amazing to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:56 AM   #115
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
that sounds awesome, can you include vids of 0133 when you do?
Sure.

In terms of BMS (7k+1 gameplay), many people have said that (jhlee)0133 is the best player. For good reason - his accuracy is almost unmatched - especially on higher-end charts, his chordstream ability is absurdly good (albeit not the best), very good at jacking and due to his practice in O2Jam lately, has gotten very good at handling LNs. All of that makes him an all-around an extremely solid player. That's what makes 0133 the best player to most people - like the reason why ABCD is formerly known as the best player, he has this finesse that he carries that combines absurd accuracy and speed on some of the hardest maps on BMS and osu!mania. His scores are usually ranked #1 on osu!mania (for almost every keymode) and BMS - which just shows how far ahead he is from the rest of the pack. Combined with his PMS overjoy status and a very respectable 4K skill level, he's not only the best BMS player, but arguably the best overall VSRG player, sans dance games.

But that's simply talking about a best "overall" player. There are several players who outmatch him in several skills - namely chordstream speed and LNs. One of the fastest (or the fastest period) BMS players is Monsta - this is his Youtube channel. To fully appreciate how good he is at speed, he has the lowest B+P (boos+poors, essentially combo breakers) for almost every Overjoy 5/6 chart on BMS - the only reason why he doesn't show up all that high on the leaderboards is because of his mediocre accuracy. He also cleared (hard clear or easy clear, either or) multiple maps that ABCD, 0133 or any other Overjoy player can't do. His most well-known clear is NS18 [7Key Amother], a map that has been thought by MULTIPLE Overjoy players that will never be cleared. He also easy cleared FREEDOM DiVE FREQ+2 (1.125 rate) and cleared the Kaiden (the second hardest course in BMS) course on FREQ+4, effectively 1.25 rate.

In the LN department, there are several O2Jam players that are better than him in that department - a few people I could name off the top of my head are Sern888 and Chyoic (gyp05040 on osu!mania). Not very experienced when it comes to O2Jam, mainly because I don't really venture much into that area, but I digress, the point is that you can say those players are the "best" 7K players, based on how you emphasise a particular skill. I find it silly to really emphasise a particular skill in terms of ability however, especially if the player's skillset is polarised. Sern, Chyoic and Monsta may be able to beat some of 0133's scores, but 0133 edges out those three players in almost everything else other than Sern/Chyoic/Monsta usually play.

For ITG, Mad Matt and Rynker are known as two of the best ITG players (though krushrpants and Little Matt could also be said as the best players, but that's besides the point). Rynker - for a very long time; was the best by far when it came to stamina - though partially because Mad Matt wasn't too interested in playing stamina-based charts. His accuracy on stamina charts are absurd - getting near 300 to 1 FA on charts that most players struggled to pass. He's no pushover when it comes to footspeed either - he passed numerous footspeed 20s - the current highest pass on ITG is a 21 - though Mad Matt could probably pass some 22s at this point. From what I've seen as well, he's also quite consistent in tournaments at his top shape, he won several tournaments - more notably DDR Storm XIV - which had a pretty strong lineup.

Mad Matt doesn't need much introduction - his footspeed is second to none and his ability to sustain such speeds (250-260) is also second to none.

I could also talk about the best overall 4K players, but I think that's beside the point. Those players I previously mentioned, as insane as they are - are only limited to one type of gameplay with very similar mechanics as the others. In terms of being proficient at multiple rhythm games, iamchris4life and FEFEMZ seem to be the best out of everyone else. I'm personally not very familiar with FEFEMZ, but I'm definitely familiar with Chris - formerly one of the best GH players (most notably known for his insane star power optimisation and TTFAF FC), one of the best ITG/DDR players in terms of accuracy and a respectable SM player when it comes to index. While I think he's most definitely good, his niche seems to be accuracy, more than anything else. His highest pass on ITG is a 16 to my knowledge, and he hasn't tried some of the more absurd charts that GH customs have created recently.

From what I've read from tyson ultima's post, and what I've seen from FEFEMZ in general - I'm more compelled to say that FEFEMZ is the best rhythm gamer overall if you're talking about multiple rhythm games with different skillsets required. Probably going to check more though.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 05-21-2015 at 01:58 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 AM   #116
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I can't believe I never mentioned TATSU here. Best Pop'n Music player ever. Won FOUR KAC in a row, etc

Also kinda overdue at this point but sorry for not providing what LongGone did as for why I thought ABCD is the best rhythm game player. I mean I always thought it's a given, based on so many occasions of seeing him just destroy the already insane as fuck LR2 leaderboards. I'm just not good at explaining things, I guess. He moved on to Pop'n Music recently by the way, and is already one of the best players in Korea.

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 05-21-2015 at 02:26 AM..
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:54 AM   #117
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

I don't really see Mad Matt as good as he used to be or at least making enough progress for the level that he is at. Little Matt however I feel is in a different league at this point.

Also trivia TATSU won the most KAC's of any top ranker.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #118
Ziemniax
FFR Player

My #1 player is obviously jhlee, his scores on 4k/7k are so insane, plus his crazy acc. However my favoutire player is Etienne (dunno why nobody hasn't mentioned him lol), taking into consideration his untouchable 4k scores both spread and index (only surpassed by Vertex) plus his ridiculous (literally, lol) accuracy. He's also learning 7k so I with him best of luck :P
And shotouts for Aoreo for doing crazy things on ITG.

Sprindex style player from Poland.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChW...zwbcEXVdMocktg
https://www.mediafire.com/?whqcjgmx129tme0 SPREAD THE INDEX OUT NOW

I hate arguing about my playstyle.
Ziemniax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #119
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
I probably posted earlier already but not in person best rhythm gamer I've seen is Fefemz. Decides being god tier at pump isn't enough for him decides to play DDR, gets WR and only AAA on pararevo. EXC's every single song in jubeat. Is good at popn. Is Kaiden in IIDX. Amazing at voltex. Cleared Kamui 7k HD on EZ2AC.

In person then yea probably iamchris4life
Best overall rhythm gamer? FEFEMZ no question.

Lets emphasize...
•Being GOD TIER at PIU, BOTH singles and doubles. Also can play no bar
•Being GOD TIER at DDR, BOTH singles and doubles. Also can play no bar
•Being GOD TIER at Jubeat, KAC Champ once (2)
•Very very high level popn player (2)
•Very high level (?) SDVX player (I don't play SDVX I have no idea)
•Very high level IIDX player, and I'd say this is his "weakest" rhythmgame
•Very high level (?) Drummania player (I don't play Drummania much I have no idea)
•Very high level EZ2AC player, also on doubles play

When I mean "very high level", I mean just as competent if not higher than veterans who dedicate their time being good at "only one game".

Feet..Check. Fingers..Check. Arms..Check. This guy's the whole shebang.

Does this guy live in the arcade or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

Last edited by LongGone; 05-21-2015 at 09:45 AM..
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #120
Toxophilis
( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
FFR Veteran

ma boi luis for ffr B) not playing favourites i swear
stian for 4key stepmania cause wtf is that speed

Last edited by Toxophilis; 05-21-2015 at 10:08 AM..
Toxophilis is offline   Reply With Quote