Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 01:29 AM   #281
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm tone reading ShadoWolfe town. I could be wrong. I do know he's a good player and can fake that stuff. I just don't think it's happening right now. To your defense, I do tend to town read wolf ShadoWolfe and wolf read town ShadoWolfe. I also do that with XelNya.

I hate to say this, but I don't understand what I need to explain about you being correct. Day 0 I just like to do random things and that was one of them.
thanks, I used to be at least. now my primary skill is vomiting words onto pages. I feel a *little* bad for cluttering thread because only about 30-40% of what I've written is reads/game thoughts, but it's been fun & this is a game so I'm not beating myself up (:

but more seriously, I think she meant lewdy. she writes shadow for lewdy and shado for me fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 04-29-2022, 01:30 AM   #282
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

if it makes it easier, everyone should just call me wolfe

THERE'S AN E IN THERE THOUGH SO DON'T FORGET IT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:31 AM   #283
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I don't recall suspecting anything about Shadow God so, I doubt this is the wrong Shadow.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:35 AM   #284
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
if it makes it easier, everyone should just call me wolfe

THERE'S AN E IN THERE THOUGH SO DON'T FORGET IT
I think I asked AA or inDheart once upon a time if he would mislynch me as much if my username was Towne
one of those bastards implied an affirmative

if you ever read this, I <3 you AA&inD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:37 AM   #285
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I also don't think a haku lynch on d0 helps anyone
why not? where's your read on him at right now?
or do you just feel there's better options?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:39 AM   #286
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
You still did not answer why you thought I was correct. And I get you are busy, but almost your entire post seems to be talking about things that are adjacent to what I am not liking with you, but not directly what I meant.

From a theory perspective, I agree with some of what you are saying about #2. However, even if I take your bugkid and Shadowgod leans to mean just that they are basically behaving how you expected them to, I still do not like it in context. With Shadow, you even found something that seemed odd on the surface, but softened the impact by saying you do not want to hang him overall.
Quote:
I don't recall suspecting anything about Shadow God so, I doubt this is the wrong Shadow.
nah she was definitely talking about lewdy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:42 AM   #287
Hakulyte
the Haku

I don't care if she doesn't like it. I'm just saying what works for myself. I just feel like Shadow God would fail to emulate his town sense that well.

I also feel like bugkid has an identicaly mind state as every town game they ever rolled.

If you can't see that then I'm curious about what you see.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:44 AM   #288
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

@host roundbox
is there a postcount minimum this game? what is the modkill vs replacement threshold here or is there one at all?
sorry for the size 7, just want clarification early on

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:47 AM   #289
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
I'll be around for eod which is what's important
This is the only foreshadowing part that could be more W than T by principles.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:48 AM   #290
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm bored decided to associate concerns with reads. I'll develop if there's things you guys don't understand.

I'm concerned that mellon_collie has no post that helps me read her or anyone. The only noticeable thing is the friendliness with Shadow God and that's cool and all. It's just that clock is ticking and if you flipped D0, no one would have a clue what you liked/didn't like. I'm not gonna be a bit meanie and ask for reads 10 pages in with nothing going on, but if I could have a pulse or where the vibes are at, I'd be super happy.

I'll skip being concerned about Zenith, 'cause 0 post. It's just a reminder that the slot exist.

I'm actually not concerned about Shadow God because I'm seeing the exact same posts/concerns/thought process as he does in his town games and I cannot picture him ever wolfing this at this point.

I'm concerned about FFA in relation to myself and also in relation to Star-crossed because you've been doing some hyper focus stuff that is a little early. The DBP vote is spicy tho. It looks more interesting to me than the ShadoWolfe wagon. Unfortunately, I have nothing making me lean DBP wolf specifically. I can see why DBP would vote ShadoWolfe and he could be right, but I feel more strongly about ShadoWolfe being town than where the waves are trying to push. I'm having a bad time putting myself in your shoes, but it's cool to see some takes. I think if you explained your own takes it would help me with alignment.

I'm concerned about WV because I am certainly flipping a coin over one thing. I'm town reading the guy over "investigative mentality", but I need to be careful about the "how" he does it. I think if you switch between posting short posts and making more lengthy ones to explain in depth your stance, It'd be easier to secure a town read. I do think you're primarily town, but I wasn't fan of your first post and how you had to joke about blue roles etc. I wouldn't put it past you to be the active wolf in this game, but maybe you just like bringing positive energy in the thread which is obviously very good. It's just that fun guys aren't always good guys in this game. Still town tho.

My only real concern with Star-crossed is if the entire gameplay is centered around finding one target and sticking to it rather than exploring what everyone has to say. I do think the attitude is generally pro-town, but I'm more used to see town Star-crossed playing more relax and just showering thoughts rather than being more investigative. It could just be a playstyle preference for this game at the moment.

So, I'm currently heavily interested in FFA/Star. I'm pretty sure I overlook something tho. I tend to town read how Star is posting, but it would make so much sense to me if reasons had to do with FFA W/W.

I tone read bugkid/Xel, but it's mostly sentence association with older games rather than calculating if intentions are real or not. tldr; gut town

DBP I'll just hold back a bit more and see how things goes. I'll just say null for now.
in this post, when you said "I'm having a bad time putting myself in your shoes, but it's cool to see some takes. I think if you explained your own takes it would help me with alignment." are you referring to FFA?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:48 AM   #291
Hakulyte
the Haku

Shadow God flipping wolf here would just be major wtf moment. I can't find anything.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:50 AM   #292
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
in this post, when you said "I'm having a bad time putting myself in your shoes, but it's cool to see some takes. I think if you explained your own takes it would help me with alignment." are you referring to FFA?
Yeah.

fmpov, I think you're just casually trying to find small things, but you got a decent balance between trying and not overly committing to thoughts. That could be either W or T, but I just have nothing that would justify W.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:52 AM   #293
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah.
so since that post, did FFA's back n forth posts culminating in his townlist give you any food for thought or is it basically the same read at this point?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 01:57 AM   #294
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
so since that post, did FFA's back n forth posts culminating in his townlist give you any food for thought or is it basically the same read at this point?
Leaning null at best. I could still see myself vote there.

I hate how you ask me instead of addressing the slot yourself. I also hate how people consider voting me without explaining why.

It looks bad on posterity.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:58 AM   #295
Hakulyte
the Haku

I will have to vote someone tonight.

I will miss eod.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:59 AM   #296
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
My only real concern with Star-crossed is if the entire gameplay is centered around finding one target and sticking to it rather than exploring what everyone has to say. I do think the attitude is generally pro-town, but I'm more used to see town Star-crossed playing more relax and just showering thoughts rather than being more investigative. It could just be a playstyle preference for this game at the moment.

So, I'm currently heavily interested in FFA/Star. I'm pretty sure I overlook something tho. I tend to town read how Star is posting, but it would make so much sense to me if reasons had to do with FFA W/W.
and then on this
I don't think I've ever seen star-crossed "play relaxed and just shower thoughts instead of being more investigative". I think she's always poked around as town. I think I believe what she said in a recent post (and is corroborated by previous conversations between us) that she tends to have an underlying anxiety in twg that results in a kind of performative pressure where she feels a need to produce results and therefore has a harder time being laid back and just shitposting. hence earlier this game I gave her slack for "not wanting to get distracted" even though we were like 40-50 posts in or so, because I expected as much from her.

is your recollection of her playstyle that much more relaxed than what you see here?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 02:03 AM   #297
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Leaning null at best. I could still see myself vote there.

I hate how you ask me instead of addressing the slot yourself. I also hate how people consider voting me without explaining why.

It looks bad on posterity.
I think FFA is probably town at this point, but I don't think he's outside of his wolfrange from when we were a wolfteam together. not sure how he's changed since but I think the core is likely the same from what I've seen

but my issue with your FFA/Star world is star. I think she's town at this point and would be surprised if she wasn't. obviously it's D0 or whatever, but I think there's enough of her thoughts to read to be comfortable excluding her until a much narrower list.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 02:04 AM   #298
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I will have to vote someone tonight.

I will miss eod.
until what time server time will you be able to play?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 02:04 AM   #299
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
and then on this
I don't think I've ever seen star-crossed "play relaxed and just shower thoughts instead of being more investigative". I think she's always poked around as town. I think I believe what she said in a recent post (and is corroborated by previous conversations between us) that she tends to have an underlying anxiety in twg that results in a kind of performative pressure where she feels a need to produce results and therefore has a harder time being laid back and just shitposting. hence earlier this game I gave her slack for "not wanting to get distracted" even though we were like 40-50 posts in or so, because I expected as much from her.

is your recollection of her playstyle that much more relaxed than what you see here?
I just remember really calm behavior in general and sometimes surprisingly hindsightful posts about every players or what's going on in general.

I'm not used to see specific players being targeted Day 0. That being said, I'm not an expert on how Star-Crossed would play if wolf.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:06 AM   #300
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
until what time server time will you be able to play?
I get home like 2-3 hours after eod. It's not even close. Next phase will also end outside of the weekend so, I'm perpetually going to fail to be here at eod.

This is encouraging me to try to do things that helps people read me and read others reading me. I'm expecting to be lacking in content during most of the game when it matters.
Closed Thread