Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909
Default Deja Vu

Everybody has experienced it before...that odd, vague feeling that you've been there before when you know you havn't, or you've done this before when it's a new thing. What do you think Deja Vu is, and what are some examples of when you'd experienced it?
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

its just another phenomenon we cant explain...i think when you have deja vu its when you remember a dream, but it is one of those dreams that you cant remember...you know when you wake up and you know you a good or bad dream, but you cant remember what happened...i think unconciously you know what happened, and when you deja vu, thats the picture that pops into your head
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Nah, it's a glitch in the matrix.

Duh.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #4
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

It's freaky when like you feel like you remember this before, then suddenly you do, and it's THE EXACT SAME, every little leaf, person, movement, everything, freaky stuff .
Old 12-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Weird story happened to me
some point in middle school, i was having a dream about an oil spill on the peach bridge (i live real close to it, in buffalo ny) and it was horrible and stuff. Then i woke up, got ready for school... turned on the radio and heard about an oil spill on the peach bridge, so i start freaking out, telling my mom about it saying its werid. Well... now that i think about it i dont think its Deja Vu entirly, but i talked to one of my teachers, and they said i probly heard it on the radio as i was sleeping (i.e. Alarm clock) and then dreamt about it. But at the time, i thought it was Deja Vu!
werid eh?
Old 12-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #6
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Yeah...messed, man.

Lots of times I'll be on the forums, typing something, when I'll get Deja Vu. I'll be like 'wait...didn't I already respond to this?'
Old 12-15-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
JustJono
FFR Player

Two kinds of Deja Vu:
Something happens that you know you've seen or experienced before - yet have no memory of it.

OR something happens and it seems to have happened the exact same way it had before. You feel like you've been in an odd time loop.

I unfortunately haven't experienced any of those.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Jono.asp
JustJono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:13 PM   #8
JustJono
FFR Player

I unfortunately haven't experienced any of those.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:14 PM   #9
JustJono
FFR Player

I unfortu

what ...

Old 12-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #10
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

What about reacuring dreams?
what are those considered, because whenever i have the flu, i have this werid dream, its freaky, unexplanable

EDIT: just juno i JUST GOT IT, you had dejavu, lol!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:18 PM   #11
JustJono
FFR Player

LoL I think I took it too far.

Reacurrinng dreams when you get the flu, huh?
Describe it.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:19 PM   #12
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Lol Light...anyway, this isn't Deja Vu, but it is something wierd that happens to me sometimes. You know where you're in that half-sleep stupor, where you're still mostly unconsious but you can think and stuff? Well lots of times when I'm really tired and I'm in that state, I hear people talking to me. Not like schizophrenia-esque people, like my parents and stuff. I once woke up at 5:30 in the morning because I could have sworn I heard my mom yelling for me to come take out the trash. I sat up in bed, yelled back 'ok, just a minute'...looked around, went 'dammit!' and went back to sleep.

Another time we were camping, and it was really uncomfortable and I couldn't get to sleep, and like all night I kept hearing my dad outside telling me to come join the fire and put on some hot dogs. I kept getting up and going outside our tent, only to discover it was pitch black. Very annoying.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #13
JustJono
FFR Player

I know you don't believe in this, but I would have myself to believe those to be spirits or even worse - demons. Well... maybe not demons. You're not evil are you?
I've had this happen to me before and yes it's quite annoying. Another odd experience I've had which sort of relates - I get up for school at 7 am. So one morning, I just got up, took a shower, took out the clothes I was going to wear for the day, then glanced at my alarm clock. It said 3am. I went to my mom and asked "Why does my clock say 3am?" "Because it is!" and she went back to sleep.

I seriously could've sworn I heard my alarm clock - just blaring in my ear - whining for me to get up... it was kind of creepy but I laugh at it these days.

Anti, here's something for you to try.
Lucid dream. Since you're usually semi-conscious, all you have to do is KNOW you're dreaming. The transition from normal dream to lucid dream will be very slow (sometimes cool) and you'll witness the transition. After that, you can do whatever you wish. In my first (and only - unsuccessful) lucid dream, the transition was very cool. I have this TV in my room, and when I became lucid, I wanted to be in my room. So the scenario I was dreaming about slow shrank like a little box or a little frame, and I felt like I was backing away from this picture. Then I realized it was just a picture on my TV screen fading away. I found myself in my room and I could've sworn Iwas awake.

The only way to tell if you're awake or lucid dreaming is to look at the clock. If it's covered in gibberish, then you're dreaming. But when I looked at my clock, my clock simply just wasn't there. So I must have been semi-lucid dreaming...

Old 12-15-2003, 09:39 PM   #14
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

justjono
SWEET, gotta try that tonight
and about the whole 3am thingy, thats happened to me A THOUSAND times, ive woken up 10 minuets after i went to sleep and got ready for school
so i decided to stay up and play CS all night

well... it was like an hour or so after i went to sleep, but you get the gist, i gotta get to sleep now, stupid school... i have to get up SO EARLY!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #15
Takisho
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Takisho

One time I had this dream that I woke up in my bed, so I got up and went into my moms room (for some reason...) and woke her up. She turned around and said something, but then I "woke up." And I was in my bed again. So I walked into my moms room, woke her up, and she said something. Then I woke up again, but this time for real. I know it doesn't sound like much but it was really trippy. It was like a dream in a dream in a dream.
Takisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #16
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

...Talking about dreams.
evr like have people try to talk to you and thn you can hear them but, when you try to respond to them you just don't hear yourself speak.
The whole clock thing involves something about the left and right hemispheres of yor brain.

I had Deja vu when driving down this street then, a said somthing to someone else in the car, and had deja vu.
Then, like a week later, I did the same thing and got deja vu again to happen to me

Ever, like, hear people saying your name when you are all alone??? It happens to me all the time and I get really wigged out 'bout it. And it happened to me all the time when I was like 7. Now it's happening again.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:54 PM   #17
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Oh, and the denist, I was getting some teeth pulled so they were pumping me full of some drug, sleeping gas I think, and I was like, "meh, I can't feel it, turn it up" so they like, doubled it and everything starty looking all wavy and I heard voices... like... I don't know what, like two people talking and laughing. Pretty freaky, ten the day after my mom was like "Lol, you were all screaming 'HEY! WHERE'S THAT DOCTER MIKE GUY' over and over again." And I don't remember a thing about that =/.

That's not really deja vu, more like getting high, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:31 PM   #18
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

i get that double deja vu thing going, like, i remember having deja vu about an event more that once... i just generally attribute it to the fact that i do alot of the same thing over and over again (because i lead a very boring and meaningless life, lol).
Old 12-15-2003, 10:42 PM   #19
JustJono
FFR Player

Tasuke.
Haunted much?

Well more info on lucid dreams - you can do whatever you want. You can influence your dream to let you go flying over New York City or be in bed with Britney Spears.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:35 AM   #20
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Quote:
Ever, like, hear people saying your name when you are all alone??? It happens to me all the time and I get really wigged out 'bout it. And it happened to me all the time when I was like 7. Now it's happening again.
Yeah, that happens to me a lot, but like I said, mostly when I'm half-asleep. But what's freaky about it and what's different from the other times, is that I don't know who's saying it, and they usually sound like they're right next to me. Messed, man.