Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2024, 12:39 PM   #421
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG Turbo 35: A Small Gathering [GAME THREAD]

Zenith going ham defending himself from a dead player who can't respond feels more like a rebuttal to me saying we should go see what Round had to say and like

Yo the game can't be that easy.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 12:42 PM   #422
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Zenith going ham defending himself from a dead player who can't respond feels more like a rebuttal to me saying we should go see what Round had to say and like

Yo the game can't be that easy.
It does feel a bit preemptive? The one good thing I can say is I don't see why Zenith would make the kill if they see that it would look very bad for them, but maybe they felt they had no better option? The whole thing feels like a noob move, is Zenith the kind of player who does that kind of thing?
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 12:46 PM   #423
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
It does feel a bit preemptive? The one good thing I can say is I don't see why Zenith would make the kill if they see that it would look very bad for them, but maybe they felt they had no better option? The whole thing feels like a noob move, is Zenith the kind of player who does that kind of thing?
I've been very critical of their play in the past but I think the most likely scenario is they decided it would be better to cut Round out, then started to panic a little when people brought them up D2/I said Round was likely onto the wolf

I e he didn't think people would make much of the connection when he sent the kill in, not that he made some sort of mistake

Old 03-1-2024, 12:49 PM   #424
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I reread Leetic's EOD btw and the only mark against him is the wording/way he addressed Round

I am wondering if that's just a culture thing and nothing more. Leetic's reads seemed pretty consistent and he was talking between Rounds and Xel long before Round was a viable lynch. I also stand by that his D0 was generally solid and even knowing Round's flip I sorta get Leetic's side more

Keeping em in the town pile

Old 03-1-2024, 12:53 PM   #425
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
I've been very critical of their play in the past but I think the most likely scenario is they decided it would be better to cut Round out, then started to panic a little when people brought them up D2/I said Round was likely onto the wolf

I e he didn't think people would make much of the connection when he sent the kill in, not that he made some sort of mistake
The reason I ask this is that as there is a wolf blocker w!Zenith had a lot more options than simply wolfing roundbox. However, Zenith may have felt drowned out by people suspecting them, so their only real options may have felt like roundbox, Raeko, and perhaps Haze, and it's easier to understand why roundbox would have been the preferred target of the three, especially if Zenith wasn't confident in their social game. If Zenith wanted to throw town off the scent, they could have killed me, but who was my third suspect after roundbox and XelNya? You could say Raeko, but they're just as incriminated by the roundbox kill. W!Zenith might have thought of the kill as a necessary evil.
Old 03-1-2024, 01:00 PM   #426
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
The reason I ask this is that as there is a wolf blocker w!Zenith had a lot more options than simply wolfing roundbox. However, Zenith may have felt drowned out by people suspecting them, so their only real options may have felt like roundbox, Raeko, and perhaps Haze, and it's easier to understand why roundbox would have been the preferred target of the three, especially if Zenith wasn't confident in their social game. If Zenith wanted to throw town off the scent, they could have killed me, but who was my third suspect after roundbox and XelNya? You could say Raeko, but they're just as incriminated by the roundbox kill. W!Zenith might have thought of the kill as a necessary evil.
Perhaps

Old 03-1-2024, 01:03 PM   #427
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I'm declaring intent to vote Zenith in like 4 hours assuming that A- he doesn't show effort and convinces me we're on the same team and B- I see strong posts from other players

Meaning Haze and Raeko and I think I specifically want to see more Raeko because killing Round n1 regardless of context is the type of joke she'd find funny, if I'm being honest

Old 03-1-2024, 01:06 PM   #428
leetic
FFR Player

I'm most likely not gonna vote 'til at earliest an hour before EoD or thereabouts as I don't want to risk an early hammer.
Old 03-1-2024, 02:05 PM   #429
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
This seems overly complex for what to me seems like a pretty simple situation

I think roundbox was the obvious kill there, otherwise the wolf would be making more work for themself. Even if he was blocked every night, the wolf will have to deal with him in thread and that seems way too powerful for a wolf to just leave someone with if they can kill them instead. They would have had to work around an obvious clear player which is way harder to do than just getting rid of him.

idk but I don't think we can really read much into that kill. I think everybody here can agree that nobody in this game but especially roundbox would not have claimed seer as town, so we all knew he was telling the truth, he was dead no matter who the wolf is

Quote:
Meaning Haze and Raeko and I think I specifically want to see more Raeko because killing Round n1 regardless of context is the type of joke she'd find funny, if I'm being honest
I mean it does make it more convenient when we are not both playing at the same time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But lol no I wouldn't do that. I'd kill him no problem, but there would be a reason!
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 02:25 PM   #430
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I disagree with Raeko that killing Roundbox was an obvious forgone conclusion, but I suppose I don't have much more to add

Stuff to ask about in post

Old 03-1-2024, 02:51 PM   #431
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I see the game will not be seriously played before votes are made, huh

I can speed that up if people need me to

Old 03-1-2024, 03:00 PM   #432
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
idk but I don't think we can really read much into that kill. I think everybody here can agree that nobody in this game but especially roundbox would not have claimed seer as town, so we all knew he was telling the truth, he was dead no matter who the wolf is
I would not have been so confident to make that assumption. Perhaps that is a sign that the wolf is someone more familiar with roundbox, so slightly good look for Haze
Old 03-1-2024, 03:03 PM   #433
leetic
FFR Player

Also, I'm not sure that anyone here would be above claiming seer as wolf to buy another day. It'd be a very desperate move and the game'd likely be lost anyway, but a skilled wolf could play around that paranoia. Still, the fact that roundbox was killed means either the wolf didn't think that far ahead or had more pressing concerns
Old 03-1-2024, 03:11 PM   #434
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
TIL that parking a vote on someone that hasn't spoken yet = wolfy
Leaving thread/viewing thread is so tinfoil and out of bounds I'm thoroughly shocked you guys still reserve feelings that influence the game over that.

note the complete lack of a case against me (it starts here)

yet again like, I'm being leaned red at this point for not being in thread 24/7 and for a shit vote I tossed out to get an interaction out?

I'm gonna scream with the lack of a case against me!!!

He did not realize I was not the only one who didn't hypo, several didn't. I'm pretty sure there were only two that I caught so the point of it was immediately useless?

To me it felt like that was a forced habit from turbos? Maybe it's meta to do them but this is my first turbo, I don't have that kind of information about them.

Alright so I'd really like to see where the case people have against me is and why I'm specifically under the scope for the day? I think town finds out plenty by looking through MML/Raeko through their interactions with roundbox instead of trying to focus on a case that had nothing substantial on it consistently last phase.
If you're gonna respond to other people's cases on you, mind doing it on the people who can actually respond?
Old 03-1-2024, 03:15 PM   #435
leetic
FFR Player

Zenith's only contributions this phase were complaining about MML's handling of EoD (but not actually pushing them for it) and responding to the case of a dead person. Not the most impressive effort, especially when they've had all this time to catch up and gather thoughts.
Old 03-1-2024, 03:42 PM   #436
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Not that it matters but if I had to defend EOD I feel the only two sins I'm guilty of are not just knowing the correct answer and then I probably shouldn't have simply unvoted at the end---shoulda picked another target instead

Any and all other criticisms can go throw up in baby bird's --- wait there isn't actually a case against my EOD? Ok then guess I'll settle back down then

Old 03-1-2024, 03:45 PM   #437
Haze with a Z

I guess we are in the situation that basically we can win if we have a cc and so fake claiming as villager seems really stupid because it basically could just cause at least one, if not two miskills with a cc.
Haze with a Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 03:49 PM   #438
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
I guess we are in the situation that basically we can win if we have a cc and so fake claiming as villager seems really stupid because it basically could just cause at least one, if not two miskills with a cc.
Wait what the devil are you saying here

Old 03-1-2024, 03:55 PM   #439
Haze with a Z

I gotta say that roundbox’s vote on zenith was weird and it was like he was trying to keep up cover after claiming if that makes sense which sounds stupid. I do think that it is anti town for a villager to fake claim in this setup and if I was seer I’d ccright away.
Haze with a Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 03:56 PM   #440
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
I guess we are in the situation that basically we can win if we have a cc
So who's "we" here because it doesn't seem to be town based on the rest of the post

Quote:
and so fake claiming✓b] as villager[/b] seems really stupid because it basically could just cause at least one, if not two miskills with a cc.