Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: FFR Community Pack 4 Released!

u have given me a reason to play stepmania again
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #22
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
smo party?
please do (I don't have SMO but those of you who can get on should totes tell me all about it !!!)
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #23
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

heh, stargroup, Wayward Vagabond is who_cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

i made a smo room

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

I wish I could SMO tonight, but I'll SMO all day tomorrow I promise :]

working on those mirrors right now mochey. ps stargroup you didn't review my file ya dope.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #26
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
smo party?
I will join you guys later today

we should all hop on vent or something

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #27
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

thought i was done w/ sm for the day

nop
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #28
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
I wish I could SMO tonight, but I'll SMO all day tomorrow I promise :]

working on those mirrors right now mochey. ps stargroup you didn't review my file ya dope.
it wasn't in the beta I sent him ^^;;

oh YEAH stargroup here's a few files you probably missed...

(moches vs Mollocephalus) Gamma
(Jyris vs Mollocephalus) Morning Sunlight
(cedolad) Bonfire
(Roar) Hayate
(Roar) Sol Cosine Job 2
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #29
eastsideman09
poker face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
(eastsideman09) Pulse de Chocobo: This is by nature a very fun song to play. Chart was fun and does have a lot of nice things about it, but there are some somewhat glaring issues. Firstly, too many miniholds. Trust me, I like them too, but here you really gotta dial it down a bit. 95% of those holds aren't even necessary if you really wanted to take them out. Secondly, and this is just my minor nitpick that is in my opinion fairly important, when the sax solo/melody repeats, you should change up the patterns when the notes/chords change. Right now, you have the pattern variation coming in a bit too late. And finally, a lot of the sections are either overlayered or underlayered, depending on which difficulty you choose to lean towards. 7/10
I resubmitted this with fixes, definitely getting a lot of help from this review. Fixed offset, got rid of the mini-freezes, varied up the patterns in the sax solo, relayered a few parts, etc. Thank you stargroup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #30
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

why the fuck didn't anyone play my reon chart you shits

Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #31
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

and by anyone i mean you bufang

Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'll mirror this tomorrowwwww
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

yeah smo for sure
what's the server everyone uses anyway

ps buffy i fixed up dancing box's mines just for u
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #34
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

oh Cataclysm is in this pack, cool shit

shoutouts to Scintill

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #35
moches
FFR Player

most of these reviews will be 99% the same as what I said when I judged, but some will be a bit revised.

(Valor) Abandon - HEAVY: Mines and the jack patterns are far, far, FAR too extreme in some parts, but they’re doable. Freezes also could have been a touch more restrained because some of them look really uncomfortable aesthetically. Otherwise, fun and tricky file.

(rog) Am I A Psycho - First, one note: I screwed up the sync on this when I cut the song. Change the offset to -0.073 and it'll be fine.

HEAVY: One of my favorite files from you, dude. Very laid-back file, but the challenges come in very unexpected places, like the little bursts of color notes here and there and the mini-dodgeball sections. Expertly patterned—rough where the flow of the rap is rough but also smooth as silk when it needs to be. Top-notch all-around.

(mi40) Amber Shores - MEDIUM: Good toned-down version of the Heavy chart, should be fun for most.
HEAVY: I would argue that this file has the potential to be a Stepmania classic. Not only is it essentially technically flawless, it's also patterned incredibly intricately--the file is super hard, but it's also intuitive to the point where even intermediate players will be able to get into the file's groove on their first or second try. There aren't any mines/freezes or interesting theorems; the entire file lives on the merit of the patterns/rhythms, and it absolutely owns. I expect to see this in the scoreboards a ton in the very near future. On top of that, the song is beautiful, the graphics are fantastic, and the entire package as a whole is just so well put-together. Favorite file from you thus far, please please make more.

(moches) Apple Butter - My file.

(Antronach) At Dawn - HEAVY: Interesting rhythms. Biggest issue here is that the long freezes make it hard for you to layer, and as a result a lot of the 16th patterns feel forced/you miss some really huge parts of the song, like a few of the chords (could have used some hands in the middle) and that super-prominent piano roll which you just stepped as one long hold note (not to mention that fact that it’s part of a [1][2][3] chain of holds, which is just flat-out confusing). There should also be some more 64th swing in this, imo, but maybe that was an intentional choice on your part. The minifreezes at the end are inconsistent. Otherwise, fun easy file with some great rhythms.

(Valor) Avril 14th - MEDIUM: Relaxing song and relaxing file with some edgy touches (the mines, which are basically "my baby's first staccato note" mines), should be fun to play even for advanced players

(mi40) Beyond Abilities - HEAVY: Good choice of patterns throughout, and some of the simplifications you made were quite creative. You strike a great balance between challenge and expressiveness that impresses me. Only technical nitpick is that some of the guitar freezes were a tad too long.

(Gundam-Dude) Bird Sprite -Awakening of Light- - HEAVY: Kinda rushed and you can tell, but Gundam-Dude still makes a better 30-minute file than just about anybody else. The style is just perfect throughout: streams are tons of fun to hit. This is gonna be a staple in the scoreboards for MA freaks, I'm sure.

(iRanch) Black Lair - HEAVY: Damn, this file has gotten so much better from the first time I played it. Tons of fun. Maybe some of the mines/bursts are a little oddly placed, but the steps themselves are excellent. Some really subtle but fantastic pattern usage to the percussion (like the way you made the focus on the [2][3] columns a recurring thing when the bass drum tensed up).

(CosmoVibe) Black Light Machine - HEAVY: This is the best marathon file I’ve ever played. Fantastic song choice and the file does it justice: it feels incredibly immersive, doubly so for how sparse the actual steps are. Even when the song is laid-back, you’re on your toes just waiting for what’s to come. Pattern choice is truly splendid throughout, and the choice of accents (freezes/mines) delivers the song very well (minus like 2-3 quibbles in a TEN-MINUTE FILE). Nothing to say, honestly: you have a reputation as being a particularly ambitious stepartist, BOOFANG, and this file shows why it’s well-earned.

(cedolad) Bonfire - HEAVY: Good application of mine theory, color notes, and jumps to accentuate the brass. Maybe a little heavy on the freeze usage and I'm not fond of mirroring your patterns on repeated choruses, but solid all-around.

(moches) Boulafacet - My file.

(FissionMailed1) Canary Part III - EASY: Great easy chart.
HEAVY: I really enjoyed this. The patterns felt a bit cramped at times, especially when you had a bunch of those alternating jump patterns, but the old-school approach worked quite well with the song for the most part. (My personal favorite motif was the alternating one-handed minitrills. veeeeery effective way to get that rhythm across, nicely done.) Make some more files, dude, this was pretty baller.

(Detrimentalist) Chain Dumbin - HEAVY: I should not like this file, and yet it's too much fun. It feels like your stab @ a midare file: badass song + non-technical but fun steps. Even if this is realllly sloppy in parts, your simple and straightforward style shines in this (especially freeze usage), and it's a ton of fun throughout. Also the 32nds remind me of Demystify Feast because they’re wonderful to hit but super-lame to score on lolololol

(rog) Club Ibuki - BEGINNER: damn, I love this file but I would have tweaked a lot of small things just so it looked a little smoother. On the other hand, the rugged quality gives it a lot of its value as a scoring file, so I dunno. Very very fun file in any case.
HEAVY: a bit smoother but also a bit less fun. Trade-offs!

(Detrimentalist) Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus - HEAVY: Very tricky file to nail, but the patterns fit the song very nicely (great application of jack theory!); the bombast of the song carries over well. Certain patterns feel a bit biased towards one hand, but they’re very minor.

(rog) Dancing Box - HEAVY: Impeccable. This is how this song should have been done. That said, some of the really fast bursts (like 64th bursts) really, really don’t sound like they should be bursts to me.

(Antronach) Deja Vu - HEAVY: Layering the vocals as double freezes that build on each other in the verses is a very cool visual concept, and it works very well for the most part. The simultaneous freezes in the chorus are a bit too strong, though. Nice attempt at building to a climax, but it feels a bit too structured here--not quite sure what to say about that. Solid all-around, overall: neat little MA file for a neat little song.

(Linus) DENGEKI Tube - HEAVY: This is actually quite a good interpretation of the song. the 16th rhythms (aka the non-soul-crushing parts) are nifty to hit, the 32nd static is expressed through incredibly abrasive patterns that still somehow flow decently, and the general peaceful tone of the file in the first half is subverted with all of the bursts (and later on the trills). It's also a good scoreboard file, though that probably depends on your tolerance for terrible patterns and mindblocks.
BEGINNER: Yeah, I'm not playing this

(Torrent) Dirtwalker - HEAVY: Unique concept for a file and very very well-executed with strong patterns and freeze usage. Despite how easy it was, I was engaged throughout. I find it quite impressive that you don't lose grasp of a single motif in this file, either--every single part of this is incredibly cohesive. I found like one pattern (the 64th pattern that goes [1][2][3][2]) that I felt could have been tweaked, but otherwise I have nothing to say. This is masterful.

(IcyWorld) Dolize - HEAVY: I am growing very, very fond of your files, IcyWorld. A common (and frankly unfounded) division we Stepmanier players make is between "serious" files and "dump" files, but your style pretty much eliminates that dichotomy. The patterns/rhythms may be ridiculous, and yet I still feel as if I'm playing the song perfectly instead of being forced to hit stupid crap to "score" or whatever. I can't say that this would have been the way I would have interpreted this song, but for what it is, it's flawlessly executed.

(Torrent) Drawcia Soul - HEAVY: As a scoring file, this is nicely constructed. No complaints.

(AlexDest) Dstrukt - HEAVY: 32nd TRILLS MY WORST ENEMY. Otherwise, very fun file, expected of Alex at this point.

(leonid) Earth Tower Devotion - HEAVY: You always make well-crafted, replayable scoring files, and this is no exception. I'm a liiitle disappointed that there's no easier chart because the song is so pretty and chill and the bursty super-fast patterns don't always reflect it well, but such is life.

By the way, the video is beautiful.

(Antronach) End Of The World - HEAVY: Nifty pattern usage with the repeating 16th triplets chained together and the minijacks in the slow section--I enjoyed the contrasts between tension and fluidity in this file. Freeze usage was also great throughout, though there was one part where I didn't quite pick up on what you were following??? Nothing much to say, otherwise.
ONI: Pretty much Heavy + mines, lol. This seemed kinda pointless.

(iamme) Fatal Tragedy - HEAVY: Not a huge fan, but it’s great for scoring on. Polyrhythms are absolutely vile.

(Kommisar) Final Battle vs. Satan - HEAVY: Very simple approach, but you’ve got these kinds of files down, man. Great patterns, great climax theory, great file. Only complaint is that the 16th stream in the first repetition feels a little haphazard but it’s still expertly crafted so I won’t push it too much.

(FissionMailed1) Floating Through Time - MEDIUM: Easy but not boring at all. Great song and great patterns (though they get clustered when there's too many jumps). The grace notes are good accents and will be fun for newbs to hit.

(Torrent) Fucking Paranoid - ONI: Fairly random patterns (though they’re nicely balanced), but some very fun tricks. File doesn’t get repetitive at all, nice job with the variations.

(moches vs Mollocephalus) Gamma -
Our file.

Gonna stop here for today, but I'll leave more notes tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #36
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

ok i wasn't paying attention before i closed out sm but whoever stepped the hero returns home have my fucking children please oh my fucking god
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #37
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Someone upload this to a site where I am not forced to install garbageware please.

I see that Leia chart and I am just going fanboy wanting to play it.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #38
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

I'll mirror this later.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #39
moches
FFR Player

I'll add the full pack to Dropbox later.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #40
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

ffff I'm uploading to dropbox
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote