Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-1-2022, 01:54 PM   #661
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
from my limited experience, if he's anything other than vanilla town, he will usually posit a lot of counter-questions and talk a lot less.
i.e. if someone asks him a question he'll be impartial and say "i really don't know... what do you think?" or outright ask people questions instead of giving out information himself
I decidedly do not like this post. I don't think it comes from a town mentality to make sure to clearly convey the possibility of lewdy being PR, which is how I'm reading "if he's anything other than vanilla town".

for reference, this was in response to my asking "Does [lewdy] have an issue posting as town?". For comparison, FFA also responded,
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
let's just say they normally DON'T have an issue posting as town
but implicitly does not bring up the vanilla/non vanilla issue. the "let's just say" is about as much of a hint as I'd be comfortable with in thread when it comes to PRs.

bug follows immediately after with this:
Quote:
if he doesn't post in a few hours i'll be more sus of lewdy for sure
and then didn't mention lewdy for awhile. when the game started amping up again, they poked haku and xel a bit while keeping lewdy as a soft sus but always with a higher priority (and always contingent on zenith which is a fair vote but also an easy one)

I'm going to echo Haku here and suggest everyone ISO bugkid themselves and talk about their conclusions. I didn't want to quote too many posts and make this unreadable, but I think the ISO strongly hints at a w/w mentality with lewdy and would like other heads on this.

@bugkid you said to ask you if I had any questions. I don't really have any, but would like to see more of your own thoughts on stuff to get a better read. I saw one post in your ISO that identified the issue with lewdy and almost scrapped this post because your tone was so dead set on proving he's scum, then realized your post was made after flip. Which leads me to ask, did the issues in the post you pointed out to Haku bother you at all in D0, or what was your thought process there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-1-2022, 01:59 PM   #662
flashflash account
FFR Player

I said it that way because shadowgod has been active as a wolf before, I think

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-1-2022, 01:59 PM   #663
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I feel like we see that bugkid post differently because she's not wrong about shadow being like that. It didn't cross my mind as implying he might be a pr though so !_!
Old 05-1-2022, 02:00 PM   #664
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I decidedly do not like this post. I don't think it comes from a town mentality to make sure to clearly convey the possibility of lewdy being PR, which is how I'm reading "if he's anything other than vanilla town".

for reference, this was in response to my asking "Does [lewdy] have an issue posting as town?". For comparison, FFA also responded,

but implicitly does not bring up the vanilla/non vanilla issue. the "let's just say" is about as much of a hint as I'd be comfortable with in thread when it comes to PRs.

bug follows immediately after with this:

and then didn't mention lewdy for awhile. when the game started amping up again, they poked haku and xel a bit while keeping lewdy as a soft sus but always with a higher priority (and always contingent on zenith which is a fair vote but also an easy one)

I'm going to echo Haku here and suggest everyone ISO bugkid themselves and talk about their conclusions. I didn't want to quote too many posts and make this unreadable, but I think the ISO strongly hints at a w/w mentality with lewdy and would like other heads on this.

@bugkid you said to ask you if I had any questions. I don't really have any, but would like to see more of your own thoughts on stuff to get a better read. I saw one post in your ISO that identified the issue with lewdy and almost scrapped this post because your tone was so dead set on proving he's scum, then realized your post was made after flip. Which leads me to ask, did the issues in the post you pointed out to Haku bother you at all in D0, or what was your thought process there?
so, i don't think lewdy was acting OVERTLY out of character. this is if you believe his post about not wanting to be overbearing, which i took to heart. but the more time that went on, the more drastically out of character it was that he wasn't posting. from my experience, if lewdy is busy, he will still find time to post. and yes, by the end of d0, i did find him most suspicious, but i would have much rather gotten out an inactive player at that time and i still stand by that even after the flips. if lewdy hadn't been killed, i would have absolutely zeroed in on him today. i don't know if this answers your question but i hope it clarifies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 02:02 PM   #665
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I feel like we see that bugkid post differently because they're not wrong about shadow being like that. It didn't cross my mind as implying he might be a pr though so !_!
this was because the last time i played with him, he was pr and was acting weird af. i didn't want to eliminate the possibility that he might be acting strange for either being scum or pr. genuinely don't know how this makes me scummy.

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 02:05 PM   #666
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Star was high on my sus list and this seals the deal
???
Old 05-1-2022, 02:08 PM   #667
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
that being said, i don't know how i feel about everyone's reliance on him to do the work. i know he goes apeshit over these sorts of things, but still he's not perfect.
you've referenced this a couple times so let me just say as an aside

I don't think there's a reliance on him to do the work so much as there is a "look, if you're gonna be gone all phase, at least make your few hours in game count while you're here". which is a meta that I think he's self-imposed by *not* being as present. meaning that the only reason his absence has become acceptable is because there is an expected trade-off of read-worthy performance upon arrival. something to bite into for everyone else. but that's a trade for overall thread presence at the end of the day, not a superhuman responsibility.

and I don't like it either, but it's become it's own thing at this point and I don't play twg anymore so I can't really push for change

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 02:09 PM   #668
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
this was because the last time i played with him, he was pr and was acting weird af. i didn't want to eliminate the possibility that he might be acting strange for either being scum or pr. genuinnely don't know how this makes me scummy.
Huge my bad.

I don't think it makes you scummy just I agree with wolfE that its weird wording
Old 05-1-2022, 02:11 PM   #669
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
???
Mostly joking about it sealing the deal but you are on Numero uno on my scum list
Old 05-1-2022, 02:12 PM   #670
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Huge my bad.

I don't think it makes you scummy just I agree with wolfE that its weird wording
I think I get it now. if I were scum I would know lewdy was also scum and therefore I'd try to persuade you all to think he was acting strange due to being PR rather than being scum.

literally not smart enough to do that. I only phrased it that way bc last game, he was acting strange due to being PR lol

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 02:14 PM   #671
star-crossed
FFR Player

I mentioned those three because they normally tend to make a lot of posts on day 0. I was right that this game was not slow, but I was mostly wrong on who would post most.

I am not really sure what your issue is there though, so let me know if you had an actual question.
Old 05-1-2022, 02:14 PM   #672
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I'm more bummed raeko got killed right now that I'm rereading
Old 05-1-2022, 02:19 PM   #673
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I think I get it now. if I were scum I would know lewdy was also scum and therefore I'd try to persuade you all to think he was acting strange due to being PR rather than being scum.

literally not smart enough to do that. I only phrased it that way bc last game, he was acting strange due to being PR lol
Yeah I'm p sure this is what wolfE was implying you were doing. It would make sense if you followed up and kept trying to defend him from a pr standing. Which is something I'll be looking for not going to pretend like that seed didn't get planted in my head
Quote:
I mentioned those three because they normally tend to make a lot of posts on day 0. I was right that this game was not slow, but I was mostly wrong on who would post most.

I am not really sure what your issue is there though, so let me know if you had an actual question.
You're defending the wrong thing and I don't understand why you're being so defensive over that post tbh but also look at my follow up post where I quoted shadow replying to you and said "like bro" if you don't understand the context of the previous post
Old 05-1-2022, 02:22 PM   #674
star-crossed
FFR Player

I'm just trying to tell you what my thought process was at the time in case it is helpful to understand me better. I am not really getting what is pinging you, which is why I started off with question marks.
Old 05-1-2022, 02:22 PM   #675
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

@star do you feel like you're performing up to par when compared to your previous games? How do you feel about where you are in terms of game state right now?
Old 05-1-2022, 02:24 PM   #676
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:

that and it's not exactly pro-town to talk about who might be PR publicly
you seem plenty smart to me but yeah I think I buy the explanation of that post.

I still am very iffy about the progression of your lewdy prioritization over via ISO, but I think that the weight of that is going to be less than your posts this phase now that there's real info to weigh in on if that makes sense

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 02:25 PM   #677
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I'm just trying to tell you what my thought process was at the time in case it is helpful to understand me better. I am not really getting what is pinging you, which is why I started off with question marks.
It's really not that deep lol
Old 05-1-2022, 02:27 PM   #678
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Also @wolfE I don't do isos sorry bud
Old 05-1-2022, 02:34 PM   #679
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

FFA is probably my strongest town lean atm
Old 05-1-2022, 02:37 PM   #680
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

PoE is making me second guess things

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread