Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #1181
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Out of curiosity, what would you have thought of a hypocop report strat being implemented in a game like this? Obviously irrelevant now that the cop is dead and there won't be any reports to hide in a hypo train, but still, I'm curious.
You mean like in the turbo? Honestly, it probably would have worked well. I'm of the opinion that it's pretty effective in most cases (although to be honest the turbo was the first time I had ever seen it actually used in full action, so yeah). It would have been more complicated here because of a wolf framer/lawyer, and no initial read, which might have made it more balanced as a tactic.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #1182
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hey, that doesn't look too mechanical, it makes sense, I like it and I'm going ship it.

DaBackPack

What's going on here
Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #1183
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

I will say this feels a little distracting. It's pretty clear by now I won't not answer a game theory question.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #1184
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Upon skimming ISOs I didn't find stuff that particularly stood out to me. I'll just do a reads list for now

1. Hakuright (Hakulyte) - At the very start of the game I disliked him because his tone felt different from last turbo where he was town. As the game has gone on his posting is considerably better, but I'm still watching out in case his tone change is something other than "Haku doing a Haku". His interaction with XelNya also feels weird, mostly because it looks one-sided for the most part. That being said, he's been actively trying to interact with everyone, which is a good thing, though his effort has been kind of spread out. Null, but likely to change.

2. _Zenith_ - Null, because we haven't really seen too much in the way of reads and pushes from him so far.

3. SurelyWolfe (Shadowolfe) - Huh. He's definitely off the table today based on his claim alone, but even without it, I didn't get that much of a wolfy vibe from him as everyone else seemed to get. I did get the SAVAGE vibes though.

4. danceflashgun (danceflashrevo) - Strong town lean. I don't know if that's just DFR's general posting style, since it felt similar last game too, but his posts are giving me a nice genuine town vibe. Looking forward to seeing what will happen with his push on mellon.

5. Charuzard (Charu) - Bird lean.

6. DaKnapsack (DaBackpack) - Null/Wolf, but that's likely to change if/when Precarious stops ignoring me. I want to see more from him today, I felt like he was doing more stuff earlier in the game rather than later.

7. PriCARius (Precarious) - Null/Town, but that's likely to change if/when he stops ignoring me. His style of posting a lot of mechanical stuff makes him difficult to read for me. I do think his non-mechanical posts have been valuable but DUDE PLEASE NOTICE ME

8. boundrocks (roundbox) - Town Lean, he provided solid content during EoD. Nothing much to say other than that.

9. ho246 (botchi246) - Null/Town, he hasn't posted very regularly (which fair enough, I haven't either), but he has posted generally good town helping content when he does. Hoping to see more stuff from him today.

10. Sell?Nah (XelNya) - Town Lean. He shitposts a lot which I assume is just his style, but it makes him difficult to read. That being said, he has good content and pushes scattered throughout. I like him.

11. melanxcholy (mellonxcollie) - Null. Nothing really stood out in either direction, hoping to see some more from her.

This took WAAAAY longer than I expected
Old 10-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #1185
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
I'm back on a thing with an actual keyboard, I'll read some isolations in a bit, but before I do that

Precarious, could you please answer my question I asked a long time ago?

You might think my question, my game, or even my entire existence as a human being is shit, but I still find that weird about your interaction with DBP, and I actually want to know the answer.

pls notice me Precarious-senpai

While I think Charu doing that gambit is way more risky than you seem to think, that post was way funnier than it probably should have been, +1 for that mate

Okay, I'll read some stuff now, but I'll be around if you guys want to address something directly at me in the meantime
I thought I answered this previously, but I needed to step back and reevaluate my own play, and I felt that I was tunneling on DBP because of the hypocrisy surrounding their vote. Hypocrisy bothers me in mafia/TWG because it's about half a step removed from dishonesty, which typically strongly correlates with wolfiness. But there really wasn't that much there, and when people led me to go back to that brief DBP-Charu interaction, I more or less concluded that I was overreading. After that, DBP was missing in action for a while, and there wasn't a lot to go on. I'm actually tending back toward wolf-reading DBP again now, just because they've been so hesitant to say/do anything game related unless absolutely forced to.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:51 PM   #1186
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
1. Hakuright (Hakulyte) - At the very start of the game I disliked him because his tone felt different from last turbo where he was town. As the game has gone on his posting is considerably better, but I'm still watching out in case his tone change is something other than "Haku doing a Haku". His interaction with XelNya also feels weird, mostly because it looks one-sided for the most part. That being said, he's been actively trying to interact with everyone, which is a good thing, though his effort has been kind of spread out. Null, but likely to change.
I thought Charu clarified that while he reread the entire thread. He's by far the most familiar player with me.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #1187
Hakulyte
the Haku

As for XelNya, I'm trying to gauge what he's doing and it's giving me a headache more than anything.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #1188
Hakulyte
the Haku

I tend to town-read XelNya when he's slightly less aggressive, but considering how he's interacting with me vs the rest of the other players it's fucking up my logic badly.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #1189
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
I thought I answered this previously, but I needed to step back and reevaluate my own play, and I felt that I was tunneling on DBP because of the hypocrisy surrounding their vote. Hypocrisy bothers me in mafia/TWG because it's about half a step removed from dishonesty, which typically strongly correlates with wolfiness. But there really wasn't that much there, and when people led me to go back to that brief DBP-Charu interaction, I more or less concluded that I was overreading. After that, DBP was missing in action for a while, and there wasn't a lot to go on. I'm actually tending back toward wolf-reading DBP again now, just because they've been so hesitant to say/do anything game related unless absolutely forced to.
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I thought Charu clarified that while he reread the entire thread. He's by far the most familiar player with me.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here?

Either way, I must admit that I didn't read all of Charu's catchup (mostly skimmed through it) and I should probably do that at some point
Old 10-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #1190
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

I liked Precarious' response, but I probably need to re-evaluate Precarious-DBP interactions for the third time now
Old 10-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #1191
Hakulyte
the Haku

huh what- go read all of this.

Page 1 is at "Page 35". (20 posts per page #694)

Most of the content related to me is Page 5~15 or so.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:06 PM   #1192
Hakulyte
the Haku

If you disapprove with his reads, you should mention why here.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #1193
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Okay, caught up. Here are my current feelings on anyone.

Hakulyte - null to town. Although I'm kind of wavering here. It's not even that Haku did anything that screams "wolf" to me, so much as no one is screaming wolf, and Haku is my least confident read based on active players. I don't want to totally go into some sort of post distribution thing, but it's hard to believe that all the wolves/sk would be low-ish posters/high posters that blend in.

Zodiac - Null. At this point, not an obligatory null, there's just not quite enough there for me to comfortably evaluate him.

ShadoWolfe - Upgraded to null. Regardless of the sincerity of the vig claim, they've played...unburdened today so far. Feels tonally different. It would be a poor decision to lynch at this stage anyway, given the claim.

danceflashrevo - null, possibly sinking. I just feel like DFR is sort of holding back.

Charu - Mechanically town unless counterclaimed.

DaBackpack - null to wolf. Possible SK as well. Late vote, absent (even with reason) so much, and combined with lack of real content it feels like they're avoiding sticking their neck out.

Precarious - Town.

roundbox - Town. However, this is hard for me to evaluate fairly, since they've said a lot of philosophical things about the game that I strongly agree with. The thing is, I'd say those things regardless of alignment myself, because while they're good for the game and good for the town, they're often so abstract that they might not make a huge difference in an individual game. But overall, I feel like roundbox is playing in a pro-town direction.

botchi246 - null to wolf. I think I might have been overreading him earlier, but the style of play is very much a blending in type, which is concerning.

XelNya - More interesting today, since there was some actual content. Xel now reminds me of someone I played with elsewhere who was aggressively absurd on D0/D1, then suddenly would reform and play seriously. I need more to shore up that comparison, and that person played like that regardless of alignment. Still, Xel's Vig Box is in line with how I feel generally, and including himself is gutsy. Null, but I prefer this null, if that makes sense.

juckter1 - null to wolf. Not completely thrilled with juckter this game. The odd thing is that it's not something that I can isolate from individual posts, it's more an impression (which was probably exacerbated by inactivity). I know he's given a reason for it, but I still feel like his posts are lacking something. I do think that coming after me to answer his question is a good thing, because it feels like he's trying to figure something out, which is townish.

mellonxcollie - slight wolfish tint with some SK scattered around the edges. Has been pretty shy about advancing ideas other than the argument with me, which again feels overly reluctant.

Basically, I don't have very strong wolf reads on anyone, but I see some troubling stuff in several people. I feel like I'm conceptually punishing what I perceive as low contributors, so I'm going to reread.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #1194
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Why the fuck are you calling me Zodiac?

Old 10-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #1195
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I like the reads though so there's that

Old 10-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #1196
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Why the fuck are you calling me Zodiac?
'Cause he thinks you're the serial killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #1197
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Why are there no words? Y'all think that you can skate by 'cause life might interfere with the game sometimes? Hell nah! If I've learned one thing in FFR TWG, it's that you get lynched if life gets in the way! Let's do this shit.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #1198
Hakulyte
the Haku

What's scary is that this is the timeframe where EoD will end tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #1199
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

7:36pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by botchi246 View Post
Holy fucking shit, I just had a great post written up and I refreshed my browser. Fucking phone ass whore piece of shit

Anyways...
I just got released back to work yesterday, so I been out for a little bit past couple days, my apologies.

People not to touch- charu gradiant freezin
I still think freezin is town. His conversation with gradiant was pretty heated and when he backed off, I see that as a town being exhausted with that while conversation. I agree his lynch would be good for what his ibteractions would reveal, but I say let him live a day to tighten up.

People to touch-
Juckter- low activity, low information. Even though the same could be said about me about the activity part, his lack of work sucks.

Shado- I don't like how aggressive he has been. Even though that may be his meta (from what others have said), his style is grating at me. His tone says he's hiding something. Plus, if we lynch him he will yield juicy morsels we can dissect when he flips. His play has me ready to drop the hammer.

Prec- this dude can really write some long posts (/wrists), why are you voting for me? From your analysis of me, I don't really see your pov. You don't know me, so I appreciate the raw read, but everything I have said has been for town's greater good. This vote is weak with weak sauce to back it up.

That's where I'm at tonight.
7:40pm:
Quote:
Oopp forgot to say this.
Even though juckter is in my lynch list, I think that he should live another day to play and really get into the game. If we decide to lynch him for being inactive, just know I'll vote for him, but with reservations becuz I want him to get another chance. Btw is he a new player?
8:00pm:
Quote:
I am honestly doing what I can to work through this game so far.Thank you for thinking I know what I'm doing, cuz that may be a twg first for someone to think that. In reality though, I'm holding on to a roller coaster with two fingers lol I have been told before about this utr thing, but ya know...that's kind of my pattern and it's not really alignment indicative. Still don't like your vote btw.

My strongest scum is shado-, so I'm gonna park there for now
Hey botchi, what's up?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #1200
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Why are there no words? Y'all think that you can skate by 'cause life might interfere with the game sometimes? Hell nah! If I've learned one thing in FFR TWG, it's that you get lynched if life gets in the way! Let's do this shit.
I don't like this at fucking all.

Closed Thread