Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #321
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 3 Submissions Open!

Reviews happening tonight, sorry for the delay
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #322
Yulanik
♬♪♫ ヾ(*・。・)ノ ♬♪♫
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Yulanik

Sent a file and some fixes on Fairy Dance.
Yulanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #323
Wafles
FFR Player

Your files will be in the next batch of reviews, just finished the ones for this one :/

[blaziken] Nemunoki Iyou - Rejected
Song is kind of boring (it doesn't really go anywhere, its not a bad song its just not really interesting)
Steps are kind of generic, nothing really interesting happens for the whole song
Layering is inconsistent at best, generally its overlayered
Stepping a fadeout ending like this is really kind of lame, should've cut out earlier
Generally its just not interesting enough sorry :/

[BilliumMoto] Do you even squeak? - Accepted
lmao i dont even know what to say about this, this is hilarious

[agka] SAWYK FTWRK - Accepted
where do people find songs like this? its hilarious, also brutally difficult and I don't think very many people can AA this as is (if any actually)
We would take this as is but some cleaning up would be appreciated
- Sync is early by about 15ms
- Layering is a bit inconsistent
- Try to reduce one hand trills, especially those at 32nds
- The light layering in the middle section is a little weird and could be cleaned up a bit, its kind of hard to tell whats going on here (but not to any point that really matters, it still makes enough sense, just not perfect)

[ORMIX] Turn Down For What - Rejected
We didn't really find it very fun sorry, lots of parts are just boring, and other parts are just awkward :/ Hold usage doesn't make a ton of sense and your jumps to the vocals feel really weird to play. Strange color sections are a crapshoot to play as well. This just isn't working.

[cedolad] Do Not Go Gently - Conditional
We talked about this extensively in the Skype chat but this is our official verdict at the moment. I think you have an updated version to send that we would probably accept.

edit: OP has been updated with current song list
Printer Jam, Minus One, and Quatre Mains are getting pulled because they are accepted in USP. I'm not a fan of double releasing files, if this is an issue let me know.

Last edited by Wafles; 06-30-2014 at 08:24 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #324
blazziken
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafles View Post
[blaziken] Nemunoki Iyou - Rejected
Song is kind of boring (it doesn't really go anywhere, its not a bad song its just not really interesting)
Steps are kind of generic, nothing really interesting happens for the whole song
Layering is inconsistent at best, generally its overlayered
Stepping a fadeout ending like this is really kind of lame, should've cut out earlier
Generally its just not interesting enough sorry :/
hmmm yeah really is boring because is very long and repetetive steps :/ but... idl cut songs because i love longs versions , wathever in 2 days i will send another file is full version too but very fun and is a cool song (Prism magical - DJ Sharpnel)[/quote]
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #325
Wafles
FFR Player

Yeah I tend to do the same thing, full songs are fun to step but they're not always ideal for a pack :/
Old 07-1-2014, 02:45 AM   #326
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

may have found a bleep bloop song to step
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2014, 08:17 AM   #327
Wafles
FFR Player

I think we already have 3 terminal 11 songs in so I wouldn't advise stepping any more terminal 11 (at least for yolomania 3) if thats what you found >.>
Old 07-1-2014, 08:38 AM   #328
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

well I was planning on sending a cut of my file for cold heart here and then sending the full chart to fission/ilikexd's pack lol

but nop, the song I found isn't anywhere near that kind of bleep bloop
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2014, 09:33 PM   #329
Darkzard
FFR Player

sent a few fixes
hope it addresses the concerns
Darkzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2014, 10:24 PM   #330
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
[ORMIX] Turn Down For What - Rejected
We didn't really find it very fun sorry, lots of parts are just boring, and other parts are just awkward :/ Hold usage doesn't make a ton of sense and your jumps to the vocals feel really weird to play. Strange color sections are a crapshoot to play as well. This just isn't working.
So basically what your saying is no matter who would of stepped this, it -can't- be a file :I? That's okay, I got one more I wanna send and if that gets rejected then rip my affiliation with yolomania rofl

Last edited by V-Ormix; 07-2-2014 at 10:26 PM..
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2014, 10:39 PM   #331
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Ormix View Post
So basically what your saying is no matter who would of stepped this, it -can't- be a file :I? That's okay, I got one more I wanna send and if that gets rejected then rip my affiliation with yolomania rofl
Damn bro I didn't mean to offend, we reject internal files all the time, sometimes we just don't think charts are working, it happens. None of us really cared for your file, sorry man :/
Old 07-2-2014, 10:39 PM   #332
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

turn down for what how did you come to that conclusion rofl

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2014, 11:40 PM   #333
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Damn bro I didn't mean to offend, we reject internal files all the time, sometimes we just don't think charts are working, it happens. None of us really cared for your file, sorry man :/
ha, caliber i wanted to just type "turn down for what" but didnt for whatever reason I can't remember. but nah its cool, if it doesn't work it doesn't work. my point was at least if I couldn't make a fun file out of that track then there's a chance no one else could of either so I don't feel bad the way you described feelings about it.
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2014, 12:45 PM   #334
Wafles
FFR Player

FYI: Submissions are due by midnight, Friday July 18th, 13 days from now.

Trying to get the next review batch up soon, we have about half a dozen files to review at the moment.
Old 07-7-2014, 07:00 PM   #335
Wafles
FFR Player

[Yulanik] Desperate - Conditional
Song is cool as hell and I would really like to see this cleaned up a bit before accepting it.
- Intro could be color corrected. Intro in general has a lot of inconsistencies in terms of grace notes and layering. Its not offensively bad it could just use a little more attention. Often your color approximations aren't accurate either.
- 61.894 - should probably be straight 16ths here as that's what the synth is actually playing
- 90.985 - Grace notes like this could probably be cleaned up a bit. They're a bit excessive but that's a little subjective, they're probably fine.
- 112.075 - I'd recommend taking this hand out and filling out the roll, its a little awkward as is
- 112.803 - Jumps in this synth solo don't make a lot of sense, its not hard to see what you're doing with them but layering wise its just iffy
- 135.348 - Incorrect rythm here, should be 12ths
- 137.235 - Beat starting here I can't hear what these 12ths go to, overall this section is not rhythmically accurate and its really hard to tell what you're doing here sometimes, not gonna point out every occurence but you should give this entire section a good once over to make sure you're accurate here
- 173.598 - Why didnt you step the 12ths here?

Overall this file is really fun and neat but some sections just don't make sense. In general I still feel like you're overusing color theory stuff a little bit but this isn't nearly as bad as some of your past files were in this regard.

[Yulanik] Fairy Dance - Accepted (with some fixes requested but optional)
- Sync has some issues still, would be annoying to fix but its doable
- Still too much color theory (here's a longer note about this from the group: the amount of colour notes in this is absurd and really devalues any good usage of these you had here. quantize all of the grace notes that you can only hear at a slower rate or with lots of concentration, and resync all of the sections where there's a mass of rainbow. jf it's a 192nd off from the actual rhythm, it's almost always 100% better to use the closest quantized beat. having a bunch of randomly coloured notes gives no hint of what is actually being played)

Even with these minor errors I think that this file is interesting and well done enough to warrant accepting. Its really quite good but there's definitely areas that could be improved (no such thing as a perfect chart anyway)

[ORMIX] Galaxy Mang OP - Conditional
- Song has good potential and as far as I know just about everyone likes this stage music from MM9
- Dumpy parts are iffy, some of the jumpjacks that occur between beats (24th 2 note jumpjacks, sometimes these are handjacks) are really really hard to hear what you're actually putting them to. From my personal perspective I think this is the biggest problem with the file by far and something should really be done about these because at least for me it seriously hurts the replayability of this file
- 32nds after the long 8th runs at the double bpm points might be a little too hard compared to the rest of the file

Its really pretty fun as is but improvements can be made to make this play better.

[rparty89] L2 Ascension Act 2 - Can't review
Did not include mp3 with properly synced file so we couldn't really look at it.

[rparty89] Lisa-RICCIA - Conditional
- Sync is off by a lot (BPM & Offset probably)
- Excessive use of [13][24] and [14][23] jumptrills should probably be toned down just a bit
- Holds are abused a bit too much
- PR is sketchy

Cool file otherwise but the sync is inexcusably off, some other attention to the other areas mentioned would be nice as well.

[rparty89] Zirkfied - Rejected
As a group we liked bmah's file in NB5 better, sorry man.

[LCW] Tsubayaki Mahou Shoujou Rimuru - Accepted
Song is kinda gay but it works and its a fun file. Good to see a file from you this time around.

Recieved fixes for SAWYK FTWRK are good so no need for further adjustments there. Ending is still a little cruel though.

Just as a reminder, Submissions will close at 11:59 PM EST on Friday July 18th. ALL FIXES AND SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT BY THIS TIME OR THEY WILL BE IGNORED. We will not be holding over any late submissions for future packs.
For people with conditional files out there that are still planning on doing fixes I would highly recommend communicating with me directly on Skype or something so that we make sure your file is fixed up and good by the deadline. The final set of reviews will probably be done on Sunday (the 20th, there'll be another batch before that) and there will be no conditional judgements posted, only accepted or rejected at that point since we will be wrapping the pack up for release.

Last edited by Wafles; 07-8-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Old 07-7-2014, 08:44 PM   #336
Darkzard
FFR Player

sent another file then i guess
yolo
Darkzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2014, 01:31 AM   #337
Yulanik
♬♪♫ ヾ(*・。・)ノ ♬♪♫
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Yulanik

Okie dokie, I made some changes to Fairy Dance. Fixed the retarded broken 48ths in the 300bpm section, changed them to 16ths to better match the 150bpm 32nds. Fixed some graces, bass note layering in the stream section that I left out, did away with some of the 192nds especially in the stream section, and added in some missing rhythms/fixed misrhythms. It's a highly dynamic piano file, there's gonna be all kinds of colours and rhythms, I apologise if that bothers you but that's just the nature of the file.

I'll get to desperate tomorrow.

Last edited by Yulanik; 07-8-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Yulanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2014, 05:42 AM   #338
CAFO
FFR Player

sent a bleep file
CAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2014, 11:59 AM   #339
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2014, 12:40 PM   #340
Wafles
FFR Player

not even 1 day since reviews lol

Also Emancipate has been cut as suggested by CAFO