Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #21
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: ultimate stepmania vs korea drama thread

I'd be more baffled at the idea of him bs'ing to get a 10% boost to his real skill...like it's beyond idiotic for someone to do that unless you're in some sort of money tourney situation where a 1 or 2 rank diff means tons more money lol
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #22
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/com...is_not/cxwwqu3
shit just got real
Old 12-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #23
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past

he also had a go at both staiain and mina if you look at his recent posts
Old 12-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #24
lurker
ur worst nitemare

true
this shit's been going on for months, some closure would be nice but to be totally fair to staiain he only really escalated it when jhlee went in for a personal attack
my feelings about that other guy beyond this incident are well established
Old 12-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #25
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
true
this shit's been going on for months, some closure would be nice but to be totally fair to staiain he only really escalated it when jhlee went in for a personal attack
my feelings about that other guy beyond this incident are well established
as long as there are drama seeking shits on osugame it'll keep going until the inevitable loss of interest sets in
-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #26
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

mfw these memelords have to ask what a CB is but think they're knowledgeable enough to shittalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #27
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

oh man osu drama, amazing. Just the kind of drama I was expecting from such a community :V
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:48 PM   #28
Jousway
FFR Player

lawl this drama man, useless drama, so this korean bitch gets mad because people say he is not legit, who the fuck cares if you're legit or not its a fucking game lawl, and then he proceeds to insult staiain one of the chillest people in sm holy fuck man this kid, this korean kid hahahahahaa

him being called not legit is not the problem, him being a fucking kid that needs to grow the fuck up is the issue

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #29
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ironically we're being the retards to jhlee's fanbase

can someone draw a satiric comic for this pls I'd enjoy that
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #30
lurker
ur worst nitemare

of course we're being retards i mean staiain implied that jhlee wouldn't be the absolute #1 best at every aspect of stepmania if he tried (and how fucking dare he) so clearly he brought all of the shittalking spamming and osu account hijacking upon himself and when it was enough to make him slip and get emotional oh shit babby detected call the fucking rhythm game police we got a whiny ass bitch up in here
Old 12-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #31
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so are we calling bs on jhlee or what because I'm pretty sure he's not

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #32
leonid
I am leonid

Perhaps you guys should step up and play some better rhythm games like bms rather than throwing bs flags around every time you find someone that is good

Proud member of Team No
Old 12-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #33
Jogan
FFR Player

swag yolo
Jogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #34
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
so are we calling bs on jhlee or what because I'm pretty sure he's not
i see virtually nobody who posted in this thread who actually think he's bs
the ones who do think he's bs are intentionally avoiding this thread because apparently despite ffr being a Bastion Of StepmAnia Elitism no d7 player who's against him actually feels safe responding on here

Last edited by lurker; 12-12-2015 at 09:04 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #35
leonid
I am leonid

I was just reading off those links in the thread and that's what I spotted

As for personal attacks well yeah people can be dicks at times I guess

Proud member of Team No
Old 12-12-2015, 09:10 PM   #36
lurker
ur worst nitemare

although it may just be that posting on here is a waste of time like, anyone who actually gives a shit about this is gonna find out what Les Names Grosses think through twitter/ask.fm/etc
looks like consensus is that even if he's legit he's too much of an asshole to respect which i think is a bit hypocritical given who called him bs in the first place

Last edited by lurker; 12-12-2015 at 09:10 PM..
Old 12-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #37
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

I'm not saying Jhlee is bs by any means, but even if he is, who cares? All this drama is unnecessary and shouldn't be receiving any publicity to begin with; it never goes over well to blow up a situation like this.

Jhlee is a good player, and so are mina and staiain, but it doesn't really matter who is the best. I'm mind blown by how good these guys are, to the point I can't honestly tell the difference in skill. I'm happy they made it to where they are, and that's all that really needs to be said.
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #38
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
the ones who do think he's bs are intentionally avoiding this thread because apparently despite ffr being a Bastion Of StepmAnia Elitism no d7 player who's against him actually feels safe responding on here
uh that's not really it

i've said it like 10 times already i'm not calling him out or trying to convince anyone that he is bs

frankly I don't know who posted my stream rant about him on reddit or why; someone just asked me about jhlee and I gave my perspective on him as a player

i think he's an extremely good player who is too willing to find ways to creatively fake scores above his level in order to try to convince everyone he's the best at everything

see the difference between him and i is i don't tell you what to think

i tell you what i think and why and you're free to agree with me or disagree with me it doesn't really matter.
despite people thinking I play specifically to achieve scores or care much about them, anyone who actually knows me knows that I only play to improve myself at the game because that's what I think is fun

in fact you can go watch my collective stream vods and you'll realize i almost never play to get scores

here's how i see it during his session of getting "good scores" he

> played a dozen or so songs consecutively achieving wrs no other player can approach within at minimum a year with no break in between and displaying no attrition of mental or physical stamina
> during this time he intentionally avoided playing any requests despite there being dozens
>he stops to "browse reddit" immediately after which he cant pass the beginning of 25 disney songs after multiple tries
> then fails to aa harlem shake 1.0 (if this isn't damning I don't know what is). Unless I'm mistaken stian has fc'd, eze has come close with 12g, and I have 3g 3cbs. Proceeds to play 1.1 and gets smashed with an 85. Proceeds to play 1.2 and 1.3 and gets similarly smashed on both, despite 1.3 being virtually fc'able through jumptriling.
> Plays pine nut 4-5 times in a row moving from an 87-94 with each run showing extreme attrition of physical and mental stamina towards the end of the file. He constantly makes errors that are absolutely baffling as to how they don't produce irreversible cb rushes and moreover in his later runs he exits the 2nd stream with 95% DP. For reference I can consistently sdg fc until the third stream where the density increases and I have trouble cancelling cb rushes. He never cbrushes despite the 3rd stream being significantly harder than the 2nd or first and maintains more or less the same DP% ratio on the third section until the very end. Also, a 94 on pine nut is really not that impressive, not relative to anything earlier in the stream.
> Achieves 90% on blue noah 2006 after a similar number of 4-5 attempts and claims it is "good from his perspective". I 91'd it on j4 over 2 months ago. Given the finger speed he displayed in his image material 1.2 score he should be able to 95 it easily.
> Plays cyber induction 1.5 again and after aa'ing pine nut with a 94 he can't maintain above a 95% after a half a minute, quits out.
> keytap pitch during the "good scores" is higher than his "post reddit browsing session" as well as wildly different ma/pa ratios between the two sections of his vod

I'm pretty sure I also mentioned this, but as suspicious as I was of his stream initially I was perfectly willing to accept that he was probably legit and I was just looking at the issue from a biased perspective, that is, until he couldn't AA harlem shake 1.0.

You see if he just ended the stream after the others and said "pce retards stepmania is suck l0l rekt bye", I'd have just been like, well damn, I guess I was wrong. But no, he proceeds to get absolutely hilariously smashed on two files significantly easier than anything he played within the last hour, and not only does he get absolutely smashed, he continues to get absolutely smashed on things that really just aren't that hard.

Now, if I'm in his position and I'm BS, here's what I do. I end the stream after the others because why on fucks earth would I associate the next incoming scores with this insanely legendary run that everyone is buying into, it's retarded and it only serves to cast doubt on what I've done.

Now, if I'm in his position and I'm legit, here's what I do. I end the stream after getting smashed on 25 disney songs because the glory is over, I'm tired and probably not going to get anything noteworthy and I'd rather spend my time doing something else. I've proved my point and my performance will speak for itself and after spending so much effort only posting amazing wr scores nobody can beat, achieving a bunch of trash-mediocre scores on stream only functionally tarnishes my reputation.

But I mean I wouldn't ever be in that position because if he called me full of shit fake player I'd just be like "lol".

@leonid bro I love you but really on this particular subject your opinion just isn't relevant anymore

my problem isn't that jhlee is beating scores, or getting wrs, or being a massive dick about it, my problem is that the way he's doing it makes absolutely no logical sense on any level and he displays a level of inconsistency in scores and play that everyone who can actually understand the significance of the scores hes getting can appreciate

and to me, personally, that tells me he's just a cheater who isn't even good at cheating

let me put it this way, if that exact same stream vod existed except I was the one playing instead of jhlee, everyone would be calling me full of shit too

e: actually i guess the vod doesn't exist anymore ?

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-12-2015 at 09:57 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #39
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

also how is it that as soon as someone calls him out he instantly receives the largest skillboost in human history, coincidence, i think not
Old 12-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #40
lurker
ur worst nitemare

thanks for writing that mina, i wouldn't have been surprised in the slightest if you blew me off after the garbage i've been posting recently
i started watching the stream when he started the others so i both didn't know how ridiculous he had been playing before then and just how severe the dropoff was (although i did know offhand that stian aa'd harlem shake 1.1 so his 1.0 was just, lol)

Last edited by lurker; 12-12-2015 at 11:10 PM..