Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-5-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default The Unforgotten Saint

Please if you do care to read this, to help you feel the story, listen to this song as you read it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/160907

From conception to relinquishment, in this life I have found the truth in the subtle things. I walk through the fields, feeling the breeze brush across my body like an invisible silk tapestry made of the finest thread. I pick one of the flowers and lay down upon the soft ground of the field; staring at the flower I begin to think, "where did I go in this life? Where have I been and whom have I affected in what way?" Throughout my life I've helped, given, loved, and shared my wealth of laughter, joy, and happiness with all of whom I've come into contact with.

Throughout this life I have been there for them all, never giving up on them, even in the roughest of times. I've worked all seasons that my body stayed, bringing the light to the dark in peoples lives. But how has this come back to me? I see the smiles that I've brought upon the faces of those I've affected. I see the vibrant light shine through those I've helped through the hard times. I see only the light, or truth, that people are not always bad. They are not always in bad situations. Through all the bad, anyone can find good. Anyone can see this light. I was shown this to be true.

As I watched that flower, one of its pedals broke away and floated through the air until it happened upon the faces of all those who knew me and what I've done. I look at each and every one of them. Something seems amiss though. They appear sad. I follow that pedal as it floats from face to face of each person, I knowing the name of every one there and I call out their name but to no reply. I wanted to ask to why they are saddened. Had I not accomplished what I set to do? Have I done something to each of them that they appear together, as they are, before me in the same place? No, this didn't happen by chance.

It is then, at that moment that I see what has really taken place. These people are not sad at me, they are sad for me; within themselves they feel a loss. I watch the pedal come back to me as it seemingly goes through a whirlwind to show me what was wrong with these peoples' hearts. It came down upon my chest and sat still, next to where I was holding the flower. The soft breeze now showed a solid form of very fine silk and cotton as I lay in robes. I look around to see the people and begin to stand up, but as I stand up, my body remains.

I look at myself in a sort of dumbstruck manner. As I do, I get the instant rush of sickness yet, I feel perfectly fine, even happy. I see them all still looking at my body and some begin to cry as another person, whom I've never met, a figure of the church, chants out prayers in my name. That's when I realized, I was relinquished from my mortal form. I had passed away from this world. For what reason though? I can't remember what had afflicted me to fade from this world.

Then He came to greet me. He told me "You have done what I've sent you to do my child. You have shown these people what the light is and how it can become their savior in the darkest of their times. You have become what a friend is to become; they lost that friend but are left with something of equal importance. They are left with your message. It's a message that will be shared upon the world and you're name in connection to the message shall never be forgotten... by anyone."

I look back at myself, then to the people around me and come to realize that what He said was true. I ask to stay the remainder of the ceremony and so I did. Seeing what He said is true, for as the service ends, people begin to leave, some staying to watch me disappear into the earth upon where I had laid. I hear them all talking of the great deeds I have done, telling their children to look up to my accomplishments.

To them my gifts seem almost inhuman, as if no human is capable of being so generous and kind, to have such a warm heart for their fellow man. It was not a feat for me to be this way, actually rather natural. But to see them proud to have been affected by my actions in this life, satisfies my desire to help people in all ways.

With this satisfaction, I look to the light with a smile as a tear rolls down my face, I allow myself to be accepted by everyone above. They pull me through the gates as the tear falls from my face. It falls through the sky and as a single rain drop in a clear blue sky, landing upon my cheek as the last few throws of dirt cover up what was my mortal body. Then the white flash came and I find myself surrounded by all those who I have lost in my life to the timing of death. This reunion has left me feeling completely relieved of all worries and problems as I float through pure happiness and fantasy with my beloved friends and family from times long ago.....

I want to dedicate this story to certain friends and family members who have passed away, but leaving with me the memories of all the great times and the lessons of caring, love, happiness, and giving. I love them all and hope to be reunited with them someday, when my day arrives that I pass from this world. Thanks to those who read. I want to share my feelings with you all so I told a story...

Last edited by Phynx; 05-22-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54
Default Re: The Unforgotten Saint

wow...
The placid yet overwhelming happiness expressed through this envelopes me as I sit and read this. It touched me. I became emotionally involved with the text. I was so into it. It has such deep meaning. It provoked thought in me. Thought that I haven't engaged in for quite some time. All I can say is, well, wow...

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
ll sephirothll
FFR Veteran

i just read that and ill agree with "funmonkey" wow. just reading that, with all that emotion and the happiness of how you feel just enveloped me and ill admit i got a little watery eye'd. very well done.
ll sephirothll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Heh, thanks guys. I was inspired by the song, but the story spills from my heart. I wanted to convey that message through this story and feel it says enough to be learned.

Old 08-5-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

That was great. I really loved how you invoked emotion into the story, causing the reader to get deeply entranced in this tale of accomplishment in life. It made me think of what I have done to affect the others around me, and what I will do.

Great read Phynx, great read.
Old 08-6-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Devour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Devour Send a message via MSN to Devour Send a message via Skype™ to Devour

That was really great... I don't even know; I'm practically speechless... Uh... That was just amazing--enthralling yet it even sparked a tone of sadness.

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Keep at it. :]
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

This was great.. thanks. C:
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
mightymic
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to mightymic

This was really great. It's wonderful. It's just... wow! Thanks for sharing this with us. It was really beautiful.

God gave man a brain and a phalus, but enough blood to power one at a time.

Proud one-handed player!
mightymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Seeing you and what you are doing for other people, being so generous and kind to everyone, it really portrayed what was said in the story. Seeing what you are doing, and reading this story, it makes me want to do something good for people, to be kind like you. Thanks Phynx, I'll remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2008, 05:21 PM   #10
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Thanks everyone, especially dood. You made me happy with that comment. Heh, I read this story a couple of days ago and it felt foreign to my hands. It's like I didn't even write it. It made me cry for a while. It brings emotions out of me which I didn't think anything I could write would do that to myself. I am gonna keep trying to write more short stories, though, I'll try to make it a little more upbeat than this haha.

Old 09-1-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Thanks. In all seriousness though this story is great. It actually reaches out and touches the emotions of others, gets them to think about things. Most stories or poems, you just read it and maybe get a little kick out of it, or just read it and forget about what it was portraying and such moments later. This story really connects with people, something that's really hard to be able to do for writers. To get the reader feel what the author was feeling as he or she wrote the piece.

Once again, it was absolutely wonderful Phynx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood gone krazee View Post
Thanks. In all seriousness though this story is great. It actually reaches out and touches the emotions of others, gets them to think about things. Most stories or poems, you just read it and maybe get a little kick out of it, or just read it and forget about what it was portraying and such moments later. This story really connects with people, something that's really hard to be able to do for writers. To get the reader feel what the author was feeling as he or she wrote the piece.

Once again, it was absolutely wonderful Phynx.
Man, thanks. This was a real joy to write and the fact that it touched into people's lives is what makes it special. I couldn't have made it better :P

Old 09-1-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

Wow, I got goosebumps. Usually that only happens when I listen to a song I enjoy very much. To get that same feeling from reading your piece is remarkable.

Loved it.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2008, 06:32 PM   #14
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
Wow, I got goosebumps. Usually that only happens when I listen to a song I enjoy very much. To get that same feeling from reading your piece is remarkable.

Loved it.
Haha, this is good thing. It good storee.

Old 09-1-2008, 06:38 PM   #15
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Jesus man...
I almost started crying.
That was really deep Phynx.
Old 09-2-2008, 01:41 AM   #16
jordanblink
FFR Player

Wow that was deep. I love how the song adds to the ambiance of the story, and freakishly enough it ended at the same time I finished the story =x. This story got me thinking of how there are some people that just die alone. They never managed to reach anyone their whole life and just end up being so miserable. It makes you think of how the shirt we wear or the shoes we pick for the day won't really matter after we are all gone. What will matter is how much of an influence and inspiration you made on other people. That will last longer than silly daily irrelevances. Nice job Phynx I really liked it.
jordanblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I thought the first half was considerably stronger than the second. As soon as you introduced God, the style changed slightly. It wasn't jarring, it just wasn't as eloquent as before.

Otherwise, all I have to say is:

Bitchin'.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2008, 04:58 AM   #18
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

the first half did seem stronger than the second... But i agree that this was moving. thanks phynx :]
Old 09-3-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Pretty strong thought there Phynx, loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2008, 12:13 AM   #20
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I thought the first half was considerably stronger than the second. As soon as you introduced God, the style changed slightly. It wasn't jarring, it just wasn't as eloquent as before.

Otherwise, all I have to say is:

Bitchin'.
Well, I'm of no religion, I personally detest organized religion, but I DO believe in a higher power, I would only refer to him as God as that is an easy word to fit to the power above. It DID change the second section some, I agree, though I wanted it to. I added that bit to strengthen the theme of the story, it more directly imposed the impression the man left with the people.

EDIT - Thanks again everyone. I'm extremely happy that you all enjoyed it. I put my heart into it.