Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-4-2006, 10:31 PM   #21
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman
Default Re: Proposed changes to phantom rules

Guys, you're forgetting that this is a game on an internet message board. If I go out with friends I am NOT going to interrupt my night out just so I can get back and vote in time, if that's the case. Real life is ALWAYS going to be my first priority. I'm not going to drop everything-- my social life, my family life, whatever-- for a goddamn message board game. Now, if this happened every night, it's a problem, but if I go out on a friday night and I don't vote it's overkill to ban me because I have a healthy social life.

Old 07-4-2006, 10:32 PM   #22
MiniNeo
FFR Player

I guess if afro's phantom rule is used, people will have a way to appeal their ban.

Besides, if phantom doesn't affect instalynches anymore, wolves can't control the lynches of the day through phantom as easy as they did this game.

Edit for sertman: There is no rules anywhere that you have to vote at the last 30 seconds of the day. That is why days are usually 48 hours or longer. If you are going to do something with family/friends, vote before you go out if you are uncertain that you will get back in time.
Old 07-4-2006, 10:35 PM   #23
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNeo
I guess if afro's phantom rule is used, people will have a way to appeal their ban.

Besides, if phantom doesn't affect instalynches anymore, wolves can't control the lynches of the day through phantom as easy as they did this game.

Edit for sertman: There is no rules anywhere that you have to vote at the last 30 seconds of the day. That is why days are usually 48 hours or longer. If you are going to do something with family/friends, vote before you go out if you are uncertain that you will get back in time.
That post was directed at Afro, who still firmly believes that Jurs should be punished for not voting at 10PM

Old 07-4-2006, 10:39 PM   #24
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Afro is only pushing for that because it's Jurs.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-4-2006, 10:43 PM   #25
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman
That post was directed at Afro, who still firmly believes that Jurs should be punished for not voting at 10PM
She didn't get a phantom.

The problem isn't that she (or necamus for that matter) didn't vote, it's that they couldn't set aside time to vote.

EDIT: lol@ kilga. My feelings towards jurs in most of your minds is probably more skewed than it really is.

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-4-2006 at 10:46 PM..
Old 07-4-2006, 10:45 PM   #26
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah, because they were OUT WITH FRIENDS

EXCUSE THEM FOR HAVING A SOCIAL LIFE INSTEAD OF SPENDING THE NIGHT IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER SCREEN

Old 07-4-2006, 10:45 PM   #27
ddrdanc3r55
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ddrdanc3r55 Send a message via MSN to ddrdanc3r55

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
Umm you can not insult people who are being inactive AT ALL. You are definitely under this 200 word limit per day that you just riped mini on.
Maybe last game, but surely not the other games. 200 words is like a few paragraphs.
Old 07-4-2006, 10:46 PM   #28
MiniNeo
FFR Player

Oh, and another off topic suggestion

Can we kinda merge two topics, clicking back and forth is kinda confusing >_>

PS this is getting more activity than the game, we even have a chatroom going on rofl
Old 07-4-2006, 10:52 PM   #29
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman
Yeah, because they were OUT WITH FRIENDS

EXCUSE THEM FOR HAVING A SOCIAL LIFE INSTEAD OF SPENDING THE NIGHT IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER SCREEN
There is a difference between spending the night in front of a computer and setting aside a few minutes to vote.
Old 07-4-2006, 10:55 PM   #30
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
There is a difference between spending the night in front of a computer and setting aside a few minutes to vote.
No, there isn't, because you have to cut your night short to set aside those few minutes. Would you ever tell a group of friends "Guys, I have to go home to vote in an internet message board game, see you guys later, have fun"

Old 07-4-2006, 11:37 PM   #31
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Yeah, tps, one phantom can't be helped sometimes, but barely posting and getting 2+ phantoms in one game is unacceptable in 99% of situations. I've moved twice in the last couple weeks and have been without the internet for at least 2 days both times, and I still made sure I did what I could to read up on the game and post about the current situation. If I can do it when I'm not playing and my mom is getting a divorce and moving back in and then back out of her to-be ex husband's house, other people can do it when they're actually playing. Maybe I'm not compassionate enough, but maybe, just maybe, these people shouldn't be wasting every else's time.
-Bowser
Old 07-4-2006, 11:42 PM   #32
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS
Yeah, tps, one phantom can't be helped sometimes, but barely posting and getting 2+ phantoms in one game is unacceptable in 99% of situations. I've moved twice in the last couple weeks and have been without the internet for at least 2 days both times, and I still made sure I did what I could to read up on the game and post about the current situation. If I can do it when I'm not playing and my mom is getting a divorce and moving back in and then back out of her to-be ex husband's house, other people can do it when they're actually playing. Maybe I'm not compassionate enough, but maybe, just maybe, these people shouldn't be wasting every else's time.
However, if my parents were getting a divorce, TWG would be the least of my worries.

Old 07-4-2006, 11:47 PM   #33
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Believe me, life isn't too pretty right now, but I'm not going to abandon people who are depending on me if I can at all help it, even if these are people who I don't know that I've met through some "game on an internet message board." My family is important, my girlfriend is extremely important, and my friends are extremely important, but if I can make it back to the people of FFR once in a while whilst going through my mom's divorce, I will.
-Bowser
Old 07-4-2006, 11:49 PM   #34
MiniNeo
FFR Player

sertman, stoic is dbp's brother.
Old 07-4-2006, 11:50 PM   #35
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

OMG DOUBLE POST GUYZ

PARAGRAPH BREAK LOLZ

READ MY POSTZ PLZ!!11one1shiftone!exclamationpoint

TEST, ENTER ENTER, LOLZ

Ps. Props to Iggy for being dedicated (and half way intelligent) along with me.

EDIT: Yes, he is, which is why he's had such a hard time keeping up with everything. He's been a little late but he's made it back almost everytime he's supposed to have. If we can be at least present during one of life's trials, people with "FRIENDS LOLZ" can make it to a computer once in 48 hours. *tear* just for them. Peace.
-Bowser

Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 07-4-2006 at 11:52 PM..
Old 07-4-2006, 11:51 PM   #36
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Ok this is important. Discussed every point from chardish's proposal and came up with a revised one. This is bascially what everyone wanted and agreed on for the most part so it's a lot better IMO.

1) If you get two phantoms during a game you will be kicked out of the game, issued a two game ban, a replacement will be found for you, and since you are replaced, you lose the game. (for recording puposes)

2) Any number of phantoms is counted as follows: one phantom = .001 votes; two phantoms = 1.001 votes; three phantoms = 1.002 votes.

Reasons for each number:
1) One phantom would equal your, "oops, I was out with friends or something came up." excuse. Two would be you not being able to stay active in the thread and therefore you need to be punished. If you get one phantom, either step it up or find someone to replace you. If you get replaced, you should lose the game because you have been ejected because of basically not caring and not living up to your duty to be somewhat active.

2) I don't see too many people getting three phantoms as they would be replaced with someone more active, but if it happens, then only the individual suffers and not the team. It also allows for whoever has the most phantoms to break a tie or something, without having an EoG bandwagon from the wolves (like we had last game).

Things thrown out:

There's no reason to silence a player. That gets confusing and revealing roles is advantegeous. Getting ejected is simpler for getting two phantoms.

All those other rules that comes when you get two phantoms are way too complicated to remember. I mean, having a vote count but not towards an insta? Anything beyond ejection probably would have to be explained to newer players and therefore hard on the host/players. Having modifers depending on the number of offenses makes it hard to keep track of everyone who has 2, 3, or 4 offenses and therefore hard to keep track of how many games they are banned for. A two game ban plus kicked out of the current game is good enough for getting two phantoms and you don't need to add more for more offenses.

In short: don't get two phantoms. one is fine but realize that there will be harsh punishments if you do get two. DON'T sign up if you don't think it's possible for you to stay active. Remember, these rules don't apply to you posting, they just apply to you voting. Meaning check the forums every 48 hours. Which is more than fair for everyone. Especially if you sign up for a game XD.
Old 07-4-2006, 11:52 PM   #37
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

btw, if you talk about ideas from now on, they should be from these rules because they are a lot clearer but still eliminate inactives from signing up/playing.
Old 07-5-2006, 12:15 AM   #38
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

You throw around the idea of ejection like finding replacements is an easy thing to do.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-5-2006, 12:35 AM   #39
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNeo
sertman, stoic is dbp's brother.
Then why isn't he yelling at his brother, who missed 2 days as the HOST, if it's that goddamn important to him

Seriously, if you think that FFR matters when you have an ugly divorce like that, you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Old 07-5-2006, 12:59 AM   #40
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
You throw around the idea of ejection like finding replacements is an easy thing to do.
Well just taking last game as an example. You had...

tass (volunteered to be a replacement btw)
talisman
guido
stretchy
kefit
omega

...not playing. Now granted I'm not expecting a huge amount of people to be ejected, but the players are there. You may have to drop jtwg or make sure they have 10 or less players of newer players only. But in all reality, after two or maybe three game of jtwg, you should be ready for twg.

This way you create a demand to play and get in. Which leads to the faster (and hopefully more active) players getting in and people willing to sub in just in case people need to drop out.

So no I don't see it being a problem. You take out necamus, tps, tokzic, ddr for thier bans and you still have two active players that normally play in games anyways. This doesn't count lower twg players that you could find either.

And if ejection is a problem, then keep the player in the game. Even if he gets more phantoms, it's not like it's going to hurt the rest of the team. Probably should get more game bans but still, easy solution.
Closed Thread