Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
orangeade
FFR Player

Default FFR Memories

Yeah I don't know if this belongs here, so sorry in advance.

Also, this is my first return to the site in around FIVE YEARS.

The last thing I remember doing on this website is posting a score of Burning For You, and getting AAA with marvelous timing turned off, on like 400 BPM (that was fast to me).

I think I was 11 or 12 when I posted that and I legitimately thought I did a good job, then you guys at the FFR forums here convinced me I was ****ty. I came here to get my simfiles back that I posted here (again, was like 5 years ago, I wonder how good they could possibly be) only to find that the database is gone, and then a wave of nostalgia hit me, and that is what is said above.

I remember the first time I saw yellow arrows were when I challenged a guy on multiplayer (don't remember username) and he picked the song Hanabi. At the time, I couldn't believe how anybody was so good at FFR, and I strived to be as good as him. Naturally, I failed the song instantly and spent the next few months playing Stepmania and FFR non stop. I think I pulled a few all-nighters until I could finally earn about 12 or 13 credits on that song (actually passing it). After that, it was the only song I would ever pick when challenging players on multiplayer.

Good times.

How about you guys?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: FFR Memories

It's possible that the simfile db will be opened in the future only for people who uploaded files to grab them again, btw, if you're still interested in them

I'll post about mine I suppose. my first exposure to ffr was after a guy hit me up on AIM and showed me arch0wl playing sphere and quasar lmfao. I forget my exact reaction but I was hooked by the idea of rhythm games. I started out...one handed struggling to keep up with super mario 80s mix even after multiple tries (looking back I bet it being offsync didn't help) and later moved to stepmania, plaguemixes and zuke's megapack. it took a while to swap to spread and I slowly took off after that
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

Last edited by Patashu; 11-14-2010 at 08:52 PM..
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

I remember how I came to this website when Footz (DDR player) posted on the G4 forums about his Dance Dance Revolution videos. Then later someone posted in that thread about FFR and I came here. I can't remember what my first song was but I remember playing Breaking the Common a lot and thinking Flight of the Bumblebee was impossible.
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i was looking for sm files and ran into ffr. i play some rock song and the 23 trill killed me everytime so i said **** this **** and went back to sm. after playing sm for some time i came bac to ffr and stayed
Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I remember I used to be crazy over Guitar Hero a few years ago...and then some time around June after getting bored with guitar hero (beating all the stories from 1-3 on expert with all the songs etc...) I stumbled upon this game and it interested me a lot. I joined in June of '09 and played one handed for about maybe around a month, until I read about how the better players get their scores by playing spread and tried it randomly on the song "The Entertainer", and kept the style permanently. I played my way into the crash making about 5.5 bil and an average rank of about 320. I also got introduced into SM where I made quite a few god awful step-files which somehow still got 10/10 on the FFR SM file database phht!

Played StepMania since the crash until this October, improved a hell of a lot since then. The memories are good, I got introduced into a game that I still love to this very day.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

DDR club my freshman year of high school lol no joke. I quickly became the best at SM in the club (we would play between songs on DDR; I distinctly remember drawing a crowd because I could pass Absolute Sole Right heavy). Dude from the club was like "yo play FFR."

So I did.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

First exposure to FFR is thanks to a website called Addictinggames.com (late 2002). I got this site off a friend while goofing around during computer class in junior high (grade 8 I think).

I then became quickly fond of the game (early 2003). After a few months, the site changed and I was appalled that I actually had to sign up to have recorded scores. I didn't sign up initially, and kept playing as a guest. Eventually, I signed up (fall 2003). I played for quite a while. The old FFR users dominated the forum scene; I never really posted anything yet. I eventually became bored of FFR sometimes in late 2004.

During my first year in college, for some reason, I went back to FFR to fulfull my boredom (fall 2006). This is the first time I became actively involved in the community/forums, as well as became seriously involved in the site and game.

I began to play competitively, with my peak skill (relative to everyone else's) at 2007 to mid 2008. I also stepped simfiles for the community, as I enjoyed the creative side of this game. Sometime in 2008, the avmiss bug was fixed, and everyone else had a massive skill boost afterwards. I still played competitively, but couldn't catch up in regards to top spot and whatnot. I stopped playing competitively in early 2009, and preferred to step simfiles instead.

From 2009 onwards, everyone here probably already knows the rest about what happened to FFR.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I hope I'm not the only person who doesn't remember at all about finding FFR ... Because I seriously don't remember. At all.

But yeah, I do remember starting out on one hand and thinking stuff like Alpha Helix was hard ...

At one point, my mom said something about playing with both hands instead of one ... I think the comment was related to how it's not like you should play a piano with just one hand, so ... And then two hands turned out to be easier, so, yeah.

I remember the first song I ever tried to step was Love Train by Big & Rich. The FFR site had a guide for using DWI, and I tried to do that ... I couldn't get the parenthesis things right, and then I found SM and ... yeah. Haha.

Can't remember what time any of this happened ... except that I know I signed up on the day it tells me I signed up.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #9
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In early 2008, I switched to Mac OS, and realized there's no decent bms launcher for it. Looking for flash-based rhythm games, I ran into FFR, played for a couple of weeks and then joined the forum.
When I got there everyone was like wahh solo too hard lol 6key too many columns etc etc so I was like lol this is ez here are my scores and then they were like shinanigans good times

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #10
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

fuck if I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
But yeah, I do remember starting out on one hand and thinking stuff like Alpha Helix was hard ...
I started out playing spread (four fingers on arrows) but I remember thinking Alpha Helix was one of the hardest songs and I would pass RunnyMorning by mashing.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I remember when songs like Revolutionary Etude, Caprice, and GGC were released. Each one of them resulted in huge forum ruckuses, omgwtfbbq, and compliments like "Awesome stepping Reach/Arch!!" (rofl) Nima and Hyrogashi were some of the big cheeses on the forums. They usually just dicked around though.

I also remember when some of the currently forbidden songs were actual songs on the game. There were rumors that MAX300 was going on the game, but for some reason it didn't happen.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I remember when Captain jack was in the game and when GGC and balloon fever had one-color note syndrome (Balloon Fever was pink I believe, and GGC was red?)
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #14
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My friend introduced the game to me in winter of '04 I believe... I played with one hand, never made my own account and still haven't to this day. I played for about 3 years, playing FFR on and off months at a time. Then a couple years ago I switched to spread and started using screencutting. I improved, and just recently I started using speedmods because I'm using a ****ty laptop. But I definitely remember the song 20031023 coming out way early in my start of FFR, and how Tass posted something saying he didn't expect too many people too get the AAA... Oh how times have changed...

EDIT: Which reminds me, Dossar just mentioned Balloon Fever, when that song first came out there were literally invisible notes for the first week it was out, I was so shocked to think FFR would release a song with invisible arrows. Only to find out it was a bug.

I'm just an old boy now

Last edited by RagedBerserker; 11-15-2010 at 12:27 AM..
RagedBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

found about it in 05, didn't sign up til 06
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh, I remember the day I discovered the quality button

I was whoring secret zombie room for like two hours and wondered why the hell I kept getting like 80 goods when I was damn sure I should've been at least SDG'ing

then I logged into mp and bitched about it and rushy told me about low quality, and the game suddenly became fun

thanks bud~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
xxxim_a_noobxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxxim_a_noobxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxim_a_noobxxx

Silver_brain got me into ffr.
xxxim_a_noobxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #18
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

My brother had actually introduced me to this place, he only introduced me to the game, and he usually let me play on his account a while back before I decided to join.

I remember he would make up BS stories and post them just to probably get an ego boost or act cool, and then he started to get more social active, and gradually left this place.

But yeah, my brother introduced me to this place around November of 2005 I think, ever since, I've always loved this place, and the community, before it turned into **** last year. But it's getting better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #19
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I came here in 2003 looking for ddr songs to play on stepmania. I don't remember if I found anything back then but I came back in 2004 to post some index scores on the brag board.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:58 AM   #20
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

Found this site out via bored.com. Young as hell. Had dial-up back then. Tried playing but lagged so much that I couldn't even play. Then fast forward year later. I got broadband and remembered this site, since I was into DDR back then. Breaking the Common was the best. <3