Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #21
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

So funny I think that cold kitten forgot how the evil corporation worked and let you mute everyone. Since you so kindly claimed evil corporation, what do you think about this claim.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #22
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

I think evil corperation is best corperation and there's no way you can kill me now hahahahahaha suckers
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #23
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

fg

and if no one can talk, now we wait B) (and it'll be a kitb between the vets but they're the scariest ones so its k)

Why are you here?
Old 01-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #24
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

funnygurl has claimed that she is useless and that she is mafia therefore she must be a mafia. I am ready to kill her whenever :P
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #25
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

Good morning everyone
lynn34melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #26
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

tiloco's just a hater

hi mango welcome to twg enjoy your stay
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 01-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #27
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Since when have I been scary?
Unless you play me in Live TWG when I go all camera creepy.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #28
T-Force
Your world ends with you

One other thing, if I start typing like this, it means I'm mentioning important learning info for the newer players whereas this is,, of course, in game talk.

So with that said, to our new player(s) and as a refresher to the others, read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
Okay, so let's talk general strategy... for both Teams!!!!!!!!!

Humans

Specials -
As a Special Role (more commonly known on FFR and other sites as PR's, or "Power Roles"), you have an advantage over the average Human in some way. In the case of this game, you either have a seer power, a guard power, or know the identity of another Human Player. In all cases, your Role is deemed claimable because it is unique in some way; there is only ever one Seer, one Medic, and two Masons. This is untrue for a normal Human, evidently.

If a Wolf false claims your Role, you should counterclaim immediately. Also, to note briefly, it's an advanced and very risky strategy for a Human to false claim a Special Role, so I highly advise that not be done this game. When dealing with two claims for a particular Special Role, Humans will have to deliberate over which one of the two claimers is trusted more and eventually decide which to lynch. As long as we're not in a mislynch-or-lose scenario though, we at least will assuredly take down one Wolf.

Seer - One of the most elementary, but also most powerful Roles in TWG, your goal is to, obviously, seer the Wolves. Please note that since the Godfather is seered Green, there are only two Red Wolves whom you can actually Seer as Red.

Taking that into account, you have a 1/6 chance of seering a Wolf Night 1 from randomly guessing. But if your suspicions are good, the probability will be greater than random chance and you might nail one! As more time goes on, your Role becomes more and more likely to seer either of the Wolves, so that you live until mid or endgame is very important.

And for that reason, you must be weary of how you present yourself in order to ensure that the Wolves don't predict your identity. The Wolves have the power of a Roleblocker and a wolfing, so if you make it obvious that you're the Seer, you won't have any more power than a normal Human. Or you'll be dead. One or the other!

The best way to express your seerings through suspicions is to reflect on them naturally. If you suspect someone Day 0 and suddenly drop suspicion Day 1 for no apparent reason, it'll look oddly. Be fluid and consistent. Reread the topic and point out things that changed your stance on that Player so that it isn't evident that your primary reason was due to a seering.

If you get a Red result, I would suggest that, in most situations, you do not claim. Especially when it's early or mid game. You want to push your suspicion, get the lynch, and attempt to get another seering the following Night Phase. If Wolves catch on and you're wolfed or roleblocked, then it's no loss comparative to if you had claimed. It's a situation of something to gain and nothing to lose.

The only time I would suggest that you do claim is if the Humans are in a lynch-or-lose situation and you don't have confidence in yourself to push the lynch without claiming.

If you get a Blue result, give the Player a Human lean, but don't make it conspicuous that you seered the Player Blue over Green. Remember that if you're killed, the Wolves can interpret your reads and, if you're too transparent, they might determine who another Special is.

If you get a Green result, reflect it similarly to how you would a Blue result. Just keep in mind that the Godfather will come back as Green too.

And while on the subject of reflecting your results, it's important to be expressive as the Cop. On the off chance that you're wolfed without having claimed, Humans need to be able to look at your reads and have a good conjecture towards whom you seered so they can adjust their own reads accordingly.

Generally, every Night Phase, you should seer someone whom you are suspicious of. But you must also note the general environment of the game. If you decide to seer Person A, then is Person A likely to be lynched next Day Phase regardless of the results of your seering? Is it potential for Person A to be wolfed?
Also a note in case you're tempted to seer people whom you believe are Specials; it's generally a better idea for you to seer your suspicions. People whom you believe are Human (or Special Roles, in particular) are more likely to be wolfed and, even if they aren't, the result will be less beneficial to the Human Team in the long run.

Medic - The Medic's presence in the game is an important part of the game. The best you want to do is to block wolfings, but even if you fail to do so, you can still psychologically affect the Wolves's wolfing choices. Because the Wolves are fearful of having a wolfing blocked, they may neglect to wolf a Human-seeming Player or go after someone they suspect is a Special. This wouldn't be true if you died and flipped as Medic, however. So it's important for you to survive as long as you can.

Predicting wolfings can be difficult, especially with the presence of a Wolf Roleblocker. So difficult, in fact, that of the approximately 100 TWGs I've played, I could probably count the number of successful guards I've ever seen with only two hands, if even one. So don't feel bad if you don't manage to do so; it's hard!

That in mind, I would recommend that you guard whom you believe are Specials. The Wolves are looking for the Specials and so should you; if you both happen to share the same opinion, you might walk off with a successful guard and you can show off in Post Game!

I've had little experience with the Medic Role myself, but I think it would be easiest to just guard the same Player repeatedly so long as you believe that Player is Human or a Special. They're more likely to be wolfed than lynched. And presuming that you live, the Wolves are bound to hit that Player eventually.

Masons - You two are, in essence, normal Humans who know each other. However, don't let this knowledge leak through too conspicuously in the thread; if you reflect having a solid Human lean on your Mason Partner too early and with little reason, the Wolves might pick up on it.

You want to point out reasoning that 'leads you to deduce' why you believe your Mason Partner is Human. You don't need to worry about making your Mason Partner your top Human lean or anything like that, but you want to sufficiently do so in order for your Mason Partner to have some evidence of your partnership in case you die.

Your main goal is survival. If you can survive until end game, you give the Human Team two confirmed Humans. Therefore, it is in your best interest not to claim unless it becomes a lynch-or-lose scenario. If the Wolves choose to counterclaim, two must false claim, which is a fantastic situation for Humans, because it's usually easier to suspect a pair of Wolves than it is a single Wolf.

If your Mason Partner dies, however, only one Wolf is needed to counterclaim. In which case, it becomes very important for you and your Mason to leave subtle hints that can be pointed out by the other in the case of a counterclaim like this. If this situation ever happens, I'm not too worried about it. If you both do a good job, it should be clear who the false claimer is.

Normal Humans -
Congratulations, you are the best Role in all of TWG!!!

Your job is a lot less complicated than that of the Specials. You want to find the Wolves and post about it in the thread.

However, there's a ton of other stuff you can and should be doing.

One of those things is figuring out who the Specials are. You might wonder why, so allow me to explain. If you suspect someone of being a Special, that brings additional evidence in your perspective that the Player is Human.

In addition, you can try protecting the Specials as well. The reality is that, skill level being the same, a Special is more valuable than a normal Human. So if you can somehow dupe the Wolves into thinking you're a Special and get wolfed in that Special's place, you may let the Seer get one more seering or steer the course of the game into an auto-win situation if enough Specials remain alive at end game.

Wolves
Your main goal is to eliminate enough Humans so that they are equal or lesser in number to the number of Wolves. This goal can be a bit belying however, in that you must also eliminate a few Specials along the way to ensure this goal. As you may notice from the previous jTWG, the last Wolf (Cold Kitten) who was well on her way of fulfilling her victory condition, lost before she could reach it because Town had reached an auto-win scenario. Why was Town able to do that? Because the Wolves failed to eliminate either of the Specials. Special hunting will be very important for the Wolf Team's victory, so it's pivotal to find them.

If any of you are ever accused (e.g. a Red seering), it might be beneficial to false claim if you believe you can pull it off. Just note that you'll have to be familiar with the minutiae related to each Role (as an example, if you false claim Seer, you should know exactly what the Seer results read as; as in, do your results say "Player X is Town" or "Player X is innocent" or etc.). Be prepared to back up your false claim with sufficient details, including seer results or guards for previous Night Phases or what you and your "Mason Partner" have done to indicate you as Partners.

Your wolfings should be primarily concerned with wolfing Specials. That's not to say that all of your wolfings need be concerned with that, but if you neglect to eliminate at least a few Specials, you might find yourselves in a Town with an auto-win scenario.

Wolf Roleblocker - Tying hand in hand with your wolfings, you should be aiming to roleblock who you suspect are Specials. More particularly, you should roleblock Specials whom you suspect may be guarded. Even more particularly, you should try to roleblock the Medic or Seer, because roleblocking a Mason would be frivolous.

If you're feeling confident, you might find yourself in the scenario where you suspect two people of being Specials and expect neither of them to be guarded. In this case, you can essentially null both by wolfing one and roleblocking the other. And if you're still feeling confident for the following Night Phase, you can wolf the Player you roleblocked the previous Night Phase.

Godfather - As the only Green Wolf, you're always the main Wolf whom the Humans will have to lynch without relying on seerings. But that doesn't mean you can't take advantage of that.

Because the Seer is most concerned with Red seerings, it'll rarely occur that a Player seered Green will have to worry about being lynched by the Seer. In fact, I find that Seers are oddly more likely to trust in a Green seering over a Player that hasn't been seered even when both Red Wolves have been eliminated.

So your goal is to have the Seer waste a seering on you. If successful, you potentially shake off suspicion on both you and whom the Seer might believe your Partner is and you also get entered into the Seer's list of Greens.

It's important that you don't make it obvious that you want to be seered, however. A cocky Godfather blatantly expressing a desire to be seered is an obvious Godfather. You want to added into a pool of Green seerings so that you won't be detected.

And that's about it for advice! Sorry that it's absurdly long. And sorry that the sections seemed to get shorter and shorter as time went on. I got tired.

If you have any questions relating to how your Role works, PM T-Force.

Please note that what I advise is also my opinion. There is never one singular way to play a certain type of Role. What I suggest is a more conservative and personal method for how I prefer playing each respective Role. If you feel more comfortable playing in a slightly different manner, then by all means, do so. I wish only to give a general guideline in case people find it helpful.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #29
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

Thankyou T-Force
lynn34melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #30
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I guess I should read the tips for towns now :P
Old 01-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #31
T-Force
Your world ends with you

I'm also expecting activity to be low today because of Live TWG.

So how's it going, folks?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #32
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Hi Trev how ya doin

don't add me to the heap pls k thx

and also compleeeetely unrelated are you gonna be live twgin it tonight?

Why are you here?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #33
T-Force
Your world ends with you

I'll play for a bit tonight for sure.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #34
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

was that "important learning info for newer players"?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #35
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

I don't think you understand how important it is for the new players to comprehend that Trevor the Trevor Force is playing Live TWG tonight on probably http://twitch.tv/djdai cough cough.

Why are you here?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #36
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

it really isnt important though i mean we're talking about t-force here
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #37
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm hard claiming toaster.
Come at me wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #38
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Looking back, should've mentioned that green text is better suited for "not in-game talk," but meh. I goofed. I SUCK AT THIS, OKAY?
Old 01-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #39
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

t-force is cracking. get him
Old 01-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #40
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
I'm hard claiming toaster.
Come at me wolves.
Is that a harry potter reference that I am not getting?