Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-7-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Bojack2424
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Bojack2424 Send a message via MSN to Bojack2424
Default Do Men have it Easier?

"I contend that nature has given males the heaviest burden of all: the burden of always having to Make the First Move, and thereby risk getting Shot Down. I don't know WHY males get stuck with this burden, but it's true thoughout the animal kingdom...It's always the male bird who does the courting dance, making a total moron of himself, while the female bird just stands there, looking aloof, thinking about what she's going to tell her girlfriends."

So, I would love to see a list of why men have life easier then women,

and a list of why women have it easier.

seriously.
Old 10-7-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Do Men have it Easier?

I would imagine giving birth isn't all too enjoyable.
Old 10-7-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
goffballz
FFR Player

When compared, women are actually more typical to substance abuse, and sometimes addiction. Even if the rate of abuse is the same between males and females, there are physiological and psychological factors that show that they are more affected. They even have low levels of alcohol dehydrogenase enzymes, which break up alcohol, meaning they stay more throwed.

But they have tits, which I like.
goffballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

women have periods
men do not
i think we
have it
easier

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

This is the dumbest debate, in my opinion. Each have their own set of problems that they're designed to handle better than the other. Neither is better than the other. They're different.

Also...

**** gender equality. We're DIFFERENT.
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Blue Bird
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Blue Bird

Girls have to wax/shave their entire body, or they'll be looked down upon by the vast majority of males. All we have to do is shave our face. That must be incredibly annoying. I wouldn't want to be a girl just because of this.

Girls have periods. I dunno what that's like, but seeing several of my friends go through it every month, I can't imagine it being a walk in the park for them during those days.

Girls also have to bare children. Of course, it's not every girl that has to go through this, but it's still something no male ever has to come close to.

And let's not forget - maybe we're the ones who have to chase women. But their the ones who have to put up with all of the MORONS chasing them. xD

EDIT: Men have it easier when getting certain jobs. Plus in a lot of countries, there's a crap load of bull**** that always favors the male. In Brazil, if a wife wants to run away with her child from an abusive husband, she's not allowed to get on a plane with the kid without the husbands consent. While the dad can just ****in' take the kid wherever the hell he wants without the mom having any say in it. That's just one I came up for now.

Last edited by Blue Bird; 10-7-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Blue Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Men can take off their shirts in public when it is hot out. (just adding on to the never-ending list that is here). I think men have it easier.

Though I wouldn't mind if some women took off their shirts in public....

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

ok, if you think women have it easier just simply move to the middle east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
Men can take off their shirts in public when it is hot out. (just adding on to the never-ending list that is here). I think men have it easier.

Though I wouldn't mind if some women took off their shirts in public....
ok, just simply move to the spanish coast.
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Girls also have to bare children. Of course, it's not every girl that has to go through this, but it's still something no male ever has to come close to.
How about passing a kidney stone? You can't exactly quantify pain, though.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

I believe men have it easier. We can go off and piss in a bush and its fine but if
a girl does it, its "disgusting", or "wrong". Haha
Old 10-7-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

I don't know about pregnancy, but circumcision is pretty bad and I've had it done 3 times. (Yes, 3 times. When it gets done wrong the first time, you get to have it redone once. Do it wrong during the revision, and a third time it is.) So pain wise, I think maybe I contend. Depends on the number of births and pain tolerance etc. Too many factors to really say there.

Having body parts like a female can be an advantage many times though as well. Few chicks go around doing anything for a dick because truth be told, they aren't hard to get. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
I believe men have it easier. We can go off and piss in a bush and its fine but if
I think it is perfectly acceptable if you can do it successfully without pissing all over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
women have periods
men do not
i think we
have it
easier

You think my nipples don't hurt sometimes?
You think I never cramp up?
You think I NEVER BLEED FROM MY GENITALS?!
WELL THINK AGAIN BIOTCH!

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

We just play the hand we're dealt. Sitting around saying women have it hard, and we all have terrible lives is just giving all the more reason for men to treat us like objects or like fragile, dependent children. (Which in this particular time is not what you want, hopefully.)

Yeah, we have to go through a lot of ****. But it makes us all the more stronger. The women that really lose are the ones that convince themselves they have to be treated any differently. We have children, and I think that's a gift. We're supple and sought after, a lot more now than it was before. Women weren't always these perfect images of beauty, small and delicate.

We evolved to be this way, because it was in our interest for men to protect us and our young. Really, it doesn't have so much to do with sexism and chauvinism than it has to do with (human) nature. There will always be extremists, but honestly, just do what you believe is right.

Women apparently have it "worse" than men. But you know, this was set up for us since the beginning. What are you going to do? Just play on your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself because you have a period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojack2424 View Post
"I contend that nature has given males the heaviest burden of all: the burden of always having to Make the First Move, and thereby risk getting Shot Down. I don't know WHY males get stuck with this burden, but it's true thoughout the animal kingdom...It's always the male bird who does the courting dance, making a total moron of himself, while the female bird just stands there, looking aloof, thinking about what she's going to tell her girlfriends."

So, I would love to see a list of why men have life easier then women,

and a list of why women have it easier.

seriously.
this should be in critical thinking if you want real deeply thought out answers.

in some ways women have it harder. There is more pressure for them to constantly "look nice" in today's society. In tv, movies, media, everywhere so women get the idea they always have to dress up and look nice. Men don't have that pressure as much. And Women actually make the first move sometimes it's just more subtle. Men make a louder more visible move towards the women after women flirt first. And often men ask women out which is harder for the women. They have to make the decision as to say yes or no and sometimes it's hard to say no and that's a lot more pressure. And in order for them to get asked out they think they have to dress up and look nice, because they are getting picked they aren't doing the picking usually.

But women can seek out relationships too you know.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 07:49 PM   #14
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
I don't let that stop me.

The only thing that makes pissing in public harder for me is I need to have a tree or a road sign or a dumpster to brace myself on.
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojack2424 View Post
i was really expecting more than just ~one~ example.. >_<
That's ~two~ examples

Anyway, about the periods. Girls have them, but guys have it almost as bad when the girls start RAAAAGGGGEing at them nonstop

Also, girls can't get sacked xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Women don't have to worry about anything down there, all their genitalia is inside them. Male genitals hang down just waiting to be struck, chaffed, stabbed, or ripped off. Men have an unsatisfiable urge to ejaculate to anything that moves from age 13 to death, which can be annoying, but it usually pays off at the end *wink*. Women have breasts which cause back pain, women naturally have more body fat than men, and naturally have less muscle mass than men, bleed from their vagina one week every month, and the bleeding isn't even the biggest issue. Menses causes awful cramps, painful gas, and irritability. When that's added to the natural anger women have just from being women, that makes one hell of a monster that men have to deal with. Men have it the worst, case closed.

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 10-7-2009 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: someone siggy this
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
Niala
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
women have periods
men do not
i think we
have it
easier
Um, actually, men have a less severe monthly case of PMS as well. The body overproduces sperm and causes hormones to go haywire, and thus rises the PMS. Especially in men with lower testosterone and higher estrogen contents than average males. Mood swings are actually quite common, just dismissed as men being "men." Mid-life crises are typically described as men just trying to assert their manhood, but it's usually the male form of menopause. We don't get this **** nearly as bad as females do, but we do get it.

And, to answer the general question of "Do men have it easier?", I'd have to say neither gender really has it easier, just both genders have a different set of difficulties to overcome, and a different way of overcoming them. Giving birth is, I'm sure, none to pleasant, but the rewards for it are something women can only experience, and, noting that the human race is still existence, the rewards must outweigh the pain that childbirth is. Just the same, it's typically men who ask women to marry them, or ask them out on that first date, and as much as we hate doing it, and get scared of what the reply is, the thrill seems incomparable when you get a "yes" in response. Albeit, this case isn't always true any longer, but it still stands true for most situations. It's kind of impossible to judge what gender is easier to be without having had been both, so I like to think it's fairly neutral.

[/insert dumb tits joke here because he wants to fit in]
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 09:04 PM   #18
DotKritic
Forum User

It's swings and roundabouts really. Men have some things easier, they generally hold better positions in the work place than women, but there is also the 'feminist backlash', where men get passed over deliberately so firms can have a greater diversity of staff, therefore making them look better.

Women have more emotional freedom than men, no one ever calls a woman a sissy for crying or asking for help! In Western society men are to an extent 'to be men'.

Recently, I feel there is a lot of pressure on women to 'have everything' ie a successful career, several children and a great marriage. It aint easy!

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Women have to put up with other women just as much if not more than men do. We have to deal with other women being bitches because they don't know how to handle themselves or feel like they're special or some ****. So once again, it's pretty much just a matter how how you take advantage of what you have. Everytime there's a disadvantage for one sex, or really any group, there is one for another.

Like you say its hard to ask women out? What about when women want to ask men out? As far as I have seen, this is not really considered normal behavior and most people find it very odd. Women that make the first move often intimidate men. There are gender roles we all have to follow, or we are viewed as out of alignment.

I know half of you aren't being serious, w/e. I'm just speaking for myself here. If anyone thinks that men just supply everything for women, they are entirely wrong. Everyone has to work to earn things in their life. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. (most of the time) Even when it seems that way, it isn't entirely true.

Just look at other countries. You're all a little behind on this, I can tell. In germany, it's custom for the man and woman to pay separately for their meals on dates. Just because you think men have to pay for everything, and get everything for women, doesn't make it true. In european countries it's becoming more and more true that women are equal in every way to men as far as career, education, etc. go.

tl;dr: ur wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Anyone who actually thinks women have it easier... I don't know, there's something wrong with that.

Men can't get raped, women take the cake just off of that.

EDIT: I totally forgot about the ass, I really thought this was one-sided, ****.

Women can get raped practically anywhere, except in prison.
Men rarely ever get raped, until they go to prison, then it's a sure thing.

EDIT 2: But men never have to get an abortion afterward, and sometimes that's not an option for Christian women. Also, sometimes women will be killed for losing their virginity before they get married, but no one kills men if they take it up the ass... unless they wanted it up the ass, then law may permit their execution. BOY THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING.

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 10-7-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote