Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Blood Elves have http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28730, which is +6% mana and acts as an interrupt. Undead have nothing of use. Trolls have http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26297, which is cast haste.

I thought they had more DPS-related spells. Apparently I was wrong. Trolls are the highest DPS. Blood Elves just give you a bit more mana. Orcs or Goblins will be the highest DPS when you can be them (cataclysm).

Edit: ok, so I have a few things to talk about. First of all, out of the blue, the top-end raiding guild on our server just fell apart. They've been together since the Classic days. Don't know what happened. They were the only guild on the server to kill Algalon on 10 or 25. They were the only guild to do Alone in the Darkness. Without them, our server basically sucks.

However, that opens the possibility of getting realm firsts for us. Now it's a question of whether we actually want to go for it or not.

The other thing. We decided to continue riding on our emotional high from getting our Ulduar drakes. Blizz still hasn't confirmed when they'd be removed, and we've been receiving a ton of tells from other players we kinda know who want to run with us. We made an alt run. We're running our damn alts through along with some of these guys. We're 8/13 done on ALTS on day one. Thorim was the last one of the night, and he was just a nightmare. Our raid had seven melee characters. A single Chain Lightning would gib two or three of them. Even on our eventual kill (which I solo-tanked after the other tank got gibbed by something that wasn't Unbalancing Strike), two people died from CL gibbing. This was after a ton of practice perfecting a 10-yard triangle.

You have to understand that our primary raid has no melee at all. None. It's all casters and hunters. This is the reason we couldn't do sarth 3d. This is the reason our DPS is low. And this is also the reason these hard modes were so easy. This second group has been all melee. Thorim was the first fight this was a problem, and Vezax will be the second. Unfortunately, we can't swap our mains in for some of the melee because we're all saved to the other Uld10.

But, to be honest, it's been a blast. This is actually challenging. It may be easy for you, and I don't care if you think it is, but for a "casual" raid guild like ours is, it's just been a hell of a month so far.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-17-2009 at 02:56 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote