Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
chidori!
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chidori! Send a message via Yahoo to chidori!
Default [4-key] Happy Crescent

Seeing that this is only my 2nd simfile I'd like some criticism and stuff.

Last edited by chidori!; 12-18-2010 at 01:45 PM..
chidori! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: [4-key] Happy Crescent

Downloaded. I'll get back at you later.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES SCANLINES s
Old 12-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

hater

holy **** nick when did you become super simfile judge. ima play dis hold up

Review:

-sync is late indeed. this need fixin.
-beginning could have more than just two jumps i guess.
-some jump parts could be more accentuated.
-file itself isn't bad, but structure wise could use a few tweaks. I see some potential in this for sure.

Last edited by kommisar; 12-18-2010 at 07:42 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
idoler
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to idoler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

hater

Review:

-file itself isn't bad, but structure wise could use a few tweaks. I see some potential in this for sure.
<3
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

sure i will get and tell you what i think
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

hater

Review:

i agree pretty much with komi but i must say for your 2nd file it isn't bad just keep working on them you will get better

ps. double post sorry
Old 12-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
chidori!
FFR Player

I think I fixed the offset, and the beginning http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30XGMQIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
SCANLINES
sorry for being un-creative

Last edited by chidori!; 12-20-2010 at 05:45 AM..
Old 12-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

You're pretty good at making gfx, I'll give you that lol. Downloading right now.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #10
Gundam-Dude
`~`

I'm going to skim through the file quickly. Only going to mention notable technical errors and stuff you can improve on or change.

- Offset should be around 0.560, not 0.620.
- Although nothing major it's nice to start off at the beginning of a bar/measure.
- Beginning jumps don't really go to anything. What you could do instead is layer the bass in the background with jumps.
- M5-7 you could fill in the empty gaps between the jumps with single notes to follow the tapping in the background. Also keeps the file flowing.
- M10 would be nice to start off with a jump. Although you kept it simple by following vocals with single notes the file is pretty boring. You've got some background melodies and some sounds you can layer on top of what you already have which would not only fill in empty gaps, but it's keep the file flowing and gives you much more to work with for layering.
- M14+ the guitar kicks in so that becomes another instrument available that you can layer in with the vocals/melody/whatever. Also you've got those held synth notes which can be accented with holds/freezes which would add more variation.
- M18+ I noticed the change when you start emphasizing some vocals with jumps. Although nothing wrong with adding the variation, like I mentioned before it'd be nice to layer more than just the vocals. Pretty much the same notes above can be applied here since this part repeats.
- Beat 120, all the notes up until the long hold should be emphasized with jumps/hands.
- M32+, once again some background stuff could be layered in to keep the file flowing.
- Beat 130.5, the hold is too early and is actually on the 4th note right below (Beat 131).
- M36+ jump layering is all over the place and hard to distinguish what exactly they go to or emphasize. If they emphasize the vocals then you're missing a few key jumps to keep the layering consistent and flowing. Double check on the jump layering and determine on what exactly you want to use the jumps for.
- Beat 230, the 16ths start too early. They start on the 8th note below and lead up to the [1][3] jump you placed.
- M80, the [2] and [1] long holds are too early and start an 8th below.
- M326.5, the [3][4] notes should be changed to [1][1] to be consistent with Beat 138.5 because that's how you layered that sound as. It'd keep it consistent by assigning certain notes/patterns that accent particular sounds.
- M114, you started the 16th stream early and ended it late. The 16th note that starts it off needs to be removed and you gotta add a 16th note to connect the stream and the [1] hold at M115.
- Song is long and repetitive. If you're going to step a full song like this, having variation with layering choices keep the file interesting and will make people actually sit through and play it. Alternatively, cutting the song by nearly half the length before it repeats saves you time stepping AND people are more willing to playthrough something short and sweet.

Overall, pretty decent for being one of your first few files. You've got the general idea of what you're layering with your note placements. However, you need to look over your jump usages and figure out what exactly they layer and its purpose since you're pretty much throwing them wherever you feel like it. Also, gotta get the knack of figuring out offset since you were completely off from the mark. Lastly, though not particularly important at your current position, is applying pitch relevancy and deciding on pattern usages. Distinguishing low pitched notes with [1] and high pitched notes with [4] with everything else in between is all you really need to know. Pattern usages to accentuate certain sounds and it keeps the player entertained.

Probably looks like I had a lot to say but I tried to keep it to a minimum since there's actually quite a lot of stuff that needs tweaking in terms of technicality. You're off to a nice start, just need to develop what you currently know by stepping more and accepting feedback. It also really helps to download and play through keyboard megapacks, more notably recently released ones from this year and last so you can get a general idea and feel for how simfiles are being stepped nowadays. You also pick up a few things from just simply playing which you can apply to your own files. Keep it up

Complete list of simfile packs

If you really want to improve/fix this file I might be able to help you with that if I have the time.

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 12-20-2010 at 03:55 AM..
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #11
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

~ Gundam-Dude, SM Theory Ph.D.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

he's pretty on-par with patashu at this point
Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
Gundam-Dude
`~`

no, patashu would go all out and list every single thing that's wrong with your file

Old 12-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
chidori!
FFR Player

I tried to fix what you mentioned and other stuff hoping i didn't make it worse
http://www.mediafire.com/?nfkyjjbqmitxixj#

Last edited by chidori!; 12-20-2010 at 05:07 PM..