Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2004, 03:35 AM   #1
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default FFR RPG - Need your stats and good ideas

I already posted this on LD's forums. Basically, I'm making an RPG with RPG maker and I need your stats if you want to be in it.

IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE READING MUCH, SCROLL DOWN TO THE SUMMARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by On LD's forums, I
So I'm talking to MoP yesterday and I ask him what's up and he says he's making an RPG. I'm like, "how!?" and he gave me the link to RPG maker:

LINK EDITTED OUT BECAUSE I WAS ASKED KINDLY TO DO SO

He started telling me what he was doing and I kept saying "OH! DO THIS!" or "dude, THIS would be cool! DO IT!" And I annoyed him pretty bad. Then I figured, hey, it's his RPG, he can do what he wants, I'll make my own.

His was centered around FFR people, so I thought I'd make a nice lil RPG about FFR people as well. Now, if you think somebody should be included, tell me here. I want their FFR sn, what kind of special abilities they'll have, weaknesses and strengths, etc etc. Try and be realistic with this. Like, don't say Hydro should be in it and that he should have a high intelligence rating.

For example, here is what I'm thinking of for my stats:

Name: evilbutterfly
Sex: Male (important so I'll know what character sprite to use)
MAX HP: Medium
MAX MP: Medium
Attack: Semi-low (I'm scrawny)
Defense: Medium
Intelligence: Very high
Agility: Semi-high
High chance of critical hits (I know those pressure points)
Resists Newb-type attacks
Resists Authority-type attacks
Resists Poison (I rarely get sick)

Skills:

Ceaseless talking: (Uses 50% of available MP) Targets 1 enemy and talks to them for three turns in a row. Each turn the enemy loses 25% of its remaining life. Does reduced damage to Nerd-type (because of what I'm talking about) and extra damage versus Omish-type.

Swoon: (Doesn't use much mana) Targets 1 female enemy and distracts her with flirting and other temptations. While distracted the enemy will not attack.

Decipher/Scan: (Uses hardly any mana) Discovers the weaknesses of the target.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I can do all that, but I'll try. So yeah, start posting stats of people. Definitly include yourself, and maybe some of the more popular FFR people who don't come here. I may post this over there eventually, too. Doing that now :P

And if I don't see a post about you, I probably won't include you.
Just to clarify: if you are an extremely well known member (for example Moogy) I will definitly include you. Now, if you want your character to be accurate please post here. If you don't, either I'll make you an NPC or I'll just change one of the preset character model's names.

ALSO:

A description of what you'd like to wear would be nice. I can't really make sprites too well, but I can take what's there already and change colors and such to suit the various members. Also, if you're special, you may get custom made cool stuff. For example, Afrobean's in-game character is a smaller version of his avatar. I also plan to make/find an owl sprite for Arch, and I will do my damnedest to reproduce Roll in the RPG for Kilga.

ANOTHER ALSO:

Quests, side-quests, and small adventures you'd like to see in the RPG are welcome. The main adventure is going to be several board members venturing to defeat Arch0wl and steal back Blur so all people may attempt to beat its incredible hardness. I don't want the game to be JUST that, so give me ideas for side quests or in between quests. It would be preferable if these quests kind of made sense, such as an encounter with the WSC, or some banned person avoiding the IP ban and wreaking havoc in FFR, or Afrobean searching for a copy of Photoshop.

To summarize, here are the things I'd like you to post:

1) Stats for yourself (see my quoted post for an example). Try to be realistic and don't just try and make yourself all-powerful. I'm making this game balanced, whether you like it or not.
2) Description of yourself. You may just specify clothing and hair colors, you may demand the character in your avatar to be you, or anything else. Just be warned: there's no guarantee that I'll do the more complex things, especially if you're a lesser known member.
3) Any and all ideas for quests and side-quests. I'd like the game to be expansive and fun. I also would like humorous things, and things based on real (or possibly real) FFR events.
4) [NOT STATED ABOVE] If you know of anybody who should be in the game that isn't here right now (ie: they "took a break" from FFR, or they are gone somewhere with no computer access, or they were banned, or any other reason), please post ideas for their character here. If you can contact them and get them to write up their own stats/ideas, that would be best.
5) [NOT STATED ABOVE] What type of spells you want to cast. If you want to have healing spells and holy magic, tell me. If you want to be fire based, say so. Any special characteristics, such as elemental preferences, immunity to certain effects (example: I'm hard to "Silence" because I talk too much), or that you only use spears and boomerangs, post them.

A note on elements/statuses: I'm pretty sure I can edit these and/or make my own. So, I could add the elements Authority and N00B. N00B-type characters would take extra damage from leaders who have Authority-based attacks. However, postwhores and other people who blatently ignore rules would take less damage from Authority. In your stats, feel free to invent new status effects or "elements." If they're cool enough, I'll try and work them into the game.

If you post retarded stats or make harsh demands, either I'll ignore them, not put you in the game, make you an AI controlled townsperson, or PM you and ask you for an alternate idea (in case your idea for appearance is too hard to make). Have fun making these posts, and be on the look out for updates on the game here.

[/way too long of a post]

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote