Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-1-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
KeeYoonSong
FFR Player

Default Speed help

Hey whats up FFR? I used to play this game for a few years and just recently came back. I have played now for 2 weeks and am starting to get back some of the little skill I used to have. I was wondering about some of the speed settings that I should play with. I have played for a few years only on 1X speed. Everyone says that playing on higher speeds is easier than on 1X but I am trying to change and it is very difficult. Is it supposed to be a lot harder at first or should I just stay with 1x speed? And if it is supposed to feel weird at first how long does it take to get used to it? Thanks guys.
KeeYoonSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Speed help

1x speed? You're crazy! Start with 1.5 and then go to 2.0. Speed helps A LOT.
BethanyBangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
KeeYoonSong
FFR Player

ok. But my problem is that I do a lot worse when I increase the speed? Does the actual timing of the rhythm change as you increase speed or is it just my imagination?
Old 01-1-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

The timing of the rhythm doesn't change, all the speed does is space out the arrows. Just don't speed it up too much.
MopeyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeYoonSong View Post
ok. But my problem is that I do a lot worse when I increase the speed? Does the actual timing of the rhythm change as you increase speed or is it just my imagination?
It shouldn't I am guessing you are not used to it so try starting at 1.1x then 1.2x and so on.
FFRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
KeeYoonSong
FFR Player

yah i am setting it on 1.4 and that is what i will probably stay with. I think that i am just getting messed up because i associate the space gaps with timings like 1/4 notes and stuff so since i've done it on 1x for like 3 years its messin me up. But yah i think if i just practice on it for like a week i will get used to it. I hope.
Old 01-1-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Best way to get speed up: Stepmania.
Or play like 1.5x til it gets kinda readable then play 1.25x or something and it helps big time. That's usually what I do if I increase speed, I make it really high then go down a little big and it's easier.
Old 01-1-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
KeeYoonSong
FFR Player

ok. I'll try that tip and see what happens. I wonder if it is this hard for others or if it is just me since i'm so used to 1X. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-1-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Hi, welcome to the forums. Yeah, it's weird getting use to the speeds, but don't worry... your brain will catch up eventually. Always does. Brains are awesome. Ok bye.

EDIT: Lulz seems like I was insulting you but I wasn't. I just say creepy things.
Old 01-8-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

In a game as results-oriented as this one, it really doesn't matter what speed mod you use. Most players prefer to use speed mods because it makes fast patterns easier to read, but the best advice is always to stick with whatever works for you.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
omgfail
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

All speed settings are just preference, and how you balance the time you have to read the notes that come up with how good your timing is on hitting arrows. A slow speed lets you see more notes at a time, letting you prepare mentally what notes you're going to hit. This might make getting a full combo easier. However, a faster speed makes hitting the arrows at the right time easier, letting players with quick reflexes to get more perfects. If you already know the song you're playing well, or you're trying to AAA so getting goods and averages are out of the question, then a higher speed is ideal. Personally, I like having about 10 notes on the screen at a time maximum (I play ~8 difficulty songs normally) since it eliminates most average hits while still showing you a decent amount of arrows. Hope this helps.
omgfail is offline   Reply With Quote