Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-3-2017, 03:19 PM   #281
Walmart
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVIII: Capitalism [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
So... no one else going to comment on this?

Alright.

looks like you are

what are your thoughts buddy?

Thank you,

Sam Walton
Old 06-3-2017, 03:21 PM   #282
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart View Post
Are you saying that you believe IBM is the acquisitioner here? I can't really tell because of the punctuation, or if you were just missing the word "if" after the word claim.
Read the full exchange between them again starting at http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=202
Old 06-3-2017, 03:24 PM   #283
Shell
FFR Player

Quote:
looks like you are

what are your thoughts buddy?

Thank you,

Sam Walton
My thoughts is that I'm missing something since Disney is getting freaked out over his posts apparently.

Old 06-3-2017, 03:26 PM   #284
Verizon
FFR Player

Okay so I'm actually way more busy than I expected and can't talk about anything else for the most part, so sorry everyone.
Old 06-3-2017, 03:31 PM   #285
Shell
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verizon View Post
Okay so I'm actually way more busy than I expected and can't talk about anything else for the most part, so sorry everyone.
Oh, totally! I know exactly how you feel! Why just the other day during one of our meetings, some jerk barged in and demanded I take a call about someone putting their head in an oil can.

Can you believe that? Jerk trying to disturb an important busy meeting?

Sheesh.

Old 06-3-2017, 03:32 PM   #286
Walmart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
Read the full exchange between them again starting at http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=202
fitting that Google is the one to respond

I must be missing something then. Alibaba is giving a little bit of town cred to Apple in this post, and the following posts Alibaba is talking directly to IBM. IBM dismissed Apple's theorycrafting that he could be the acq. himself, and then Alibaba responded with the line I quoted.

I think this is best left for Alibaba to explain when they return to thread.

Quote:
My thoughts is that I'm missing something since Disney is getting freaked out over his posts apparently.

People who have an idea about the true identity of the CEO will know that this isn't really out of character or worth lynching

Thank you,

Sam Walton
Old 06-3-2017, 03:39 PM   #287
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
fitting that Google is the one to respond

I must be missing something then. Alibaba is giving a little bit of town cred to Apple in this post, and the following posts Alibaba is talking directly to IBM. IBM dismissed Apple's theorycrafting that he could be the acq. himself, and then Alibaba responded with the line I quoted.

I think this is best left for Alibaba to explain when they return to thread.
What's fitting about it? I'm merely pointing out there's nothing to explain, you're just not reading it properly
Old 06-3-2017, 03:46 PM   #288
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba Group View Post
The bit about the Acquisitioner is a very interesting point and one I hadn't thought of. There's also the fourth interpretation that they are the Acquisitioner themselves, unless that's what you meant by the second suggestion. I think drawing attention to themselves that way would be a net negative though. By the same logic as your third suggestion, a village-aligned CEO should not want to be Acquired, though, since their acquisition would be bad for the village and would also be an acquisition that doesn't happen to the wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
WeLl YoU WoN ' T HaVe To WaIt VeRy LoNg To FiNd OuT I ' M NoT ThE AcQuIsTiOnEr , SiNcE ThEiR OrIgInAl NaMe Is GoInG To Be FlIpPeD ThIs FoLlOwInG NiGhT .

WhIcH MaKeS Me ThInK YoU DiD ' Nt ReAlLy PuT MuCh InTo ThIs LiNe Of ThInKiNg .
Quote:
...Okay? No one was claiming you were one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Quote:
There's also the fourth interpretation that they are the Acquisitioner themselves, unless that's what you meant by the second suggestion. I think drawing attention to themselves that way would be a net negative though.
GoT ' Em
Quote:
"This is a possibility, but it wouldn't be a good play and doesn't make sense" is not a claim you're the Acquisitioner.
I don't get what's to explain about it, the progression is easy to understand
Old 06-3-2017, 04:06 PM   #289
Toyota
FFR Player

Interesting that you loves are labeling me anti-town for not contributing much; quite frankly, I'm far from superb at day 0 solving, as I'm not very keen on semantics. I'd say it is definitely a fair accusation, though. Definitely doesn't help that I'm a bit busy with some other... matters.

I must say though, that it can be quite the... difficulty to have inactives in this style of game, due to the presence of an acquisitioner.

On a similar topic, the prior... troubles towards IBM, as well as their diligence in retaining a posting style that is difficult to replicate, leads me to push them as being non-VT; not sure whether that's red or blue, of course. I feel like it would especially be a babe in a seat of particular... power that would go to such a length, as to be an undesirable acquisition, because it would definitely be a crucial matter to not lose such an essential role.

I think, and bare with me here a tad bit, the whole ordeal may be wolf-orchestrated, to divert heat away from the wolf PRs. That's all I'm seeing anyways... though I'd just love to see more.
Old 06-3-2017, 04:08 PM   #290
Walmart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
What's fitting about it? I'm merely pointing out there's nothing to explain, you're just not reading it properly
It was a joke on the fact that you're Google.

I guess I'm just an idiot.

Thank you,

Sam Walton
Old 06-3-2017, 04:08 PM   #291
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
People who have an idea about the true identity of the CEO will know that this isn't really out of character or worth lynching

Thank you,

Sam Walton
Dirty as it is to say, this is where I am too.

If it's an act instead I'm impressed.
Old 06-3-2017, 04:17 PM   #292
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

It feels like Xiz recruited people from Mafiauniverse or whatever the site is, or maybe inDheart/AA.

If that's not the case then I mean this as a compliment to some of the more active posters here.

Toyota, no one is "good at solving on d0," so saying that you're not good at d0 isn't really a reason to not participate. I get that you're busy (especially if you are who I think you are), but we're gonna need more than what you've given.
Old 06-3-2017, 04:37 PM   #293
Toyota
FFR Player

For what it's worth too, dears, I'm not terribly fond of Alibaba right now. I've looked back over their... posts, and there's a trend of verbosity with not much being said (notably #202 and #216). It's very similar to why I'm being redread, I'd say: popping in infrequently, and coming of as well thought out due to high... word count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
Toyota, no one is "good at solving on d0," so saying that you're not good at d0 isn't really a reason to not participate. I get that you're busy (especially if you are who I think you are), but we're gonna need more than what you've given.
This is fair. I just don't want to lead you fellows on... the wrong path, due to my own poor perceptions. If it's what you all want, I'll start opening up, however incorrect it may prove.
Old 06-3-2017, 04:51 PM   #294
GE
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
For what it's worth too, dears, I'm not terribly fond of Alibaba right now. I've looked back over their... posts, and there's a trend of verbosity with not much being said (notably #202 and #216). It's very similar to why I'm being redread, I'd say: popping in infrequently, and coming of as well thought out due to high... word count.

This is fair. I just don't want to lead you fellows on... the wrong path, due to my own poor perceptions. If it's what you all want, I'll start opening up, however incorrect it may prove.
who cares if you're wrong or right or way off or kinda close. Just post, and I don't mean shit post.
Old 06-3-2017, 04:54 PM   #295
China Mobile
FFR Player

RE: Highlighted companies,

A quick report has been dispatched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
You know what I mean.

IBM's strategy is by far the most extreme thing I've ever seen to counter an alt stealing role.
Above post claims IBM's posting style was extreme. Analysis indicates this is far from being true, but we'll move on from that now that he has decided not to do it.

(Victoria) I'd just like to briefly mention that I find IBM's reasoning for stopping his alternating letters is fishy, or he just got tired of role playing. I don't fucking know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
"Callout" posts are just shady in general and Visa has a bunch of stupid/useless posts but it seems manufactured to me

Like nobody could really be this out of touch with the game
Above poster indicates Visa's neglect of game rules. China Mobile task squad agrees with said analysis and would like Visa's feedback on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
Interesting that you loves are labeling me anti-town for not contributing much; quite frankly, I'm far from superb at day 0 solving, as I'm not very keen on semantics. I'd say it is definitely a fair accusation, though. Definitely doesn't help that I'm a bit busy with some other... matters.

I must say though, that it can be quite the... difficulty to have inactives in this style of game, due to the presence of an acquisitioner.

On a similar topic, the prior... troubles towards IBM, as well as their diligence in retaining a posting style that is difficult to replicate, leads me to push them as being non-VT; not sure whether that's red or blue, of course. I feel like it would especially be a babe in a seat of particular... power that would go to such a length, as to be an undesirable acquisition, because it would definitely be a crucial matter to not lose such an essential role.

I think, and bare with me here a tad bit, the whole ordeal may be wolf-orchestrated, to divert heat away from the wolf PRs. That's all I'm seeing anyways... though I'd just love to see more.
Above post was cross checked with Toyota post history. Use of ellipses is attributed to attempt at a posting quirk, confirmation required. Poster also claims retention of a hard-to-replicate posting style indicates red/blue, but our analysis disagrees with this statement. Use of such posting style indicates a player's will to defend against acquisition and leave clues for remaining corporations, nothing more.

(Victoria) Why the fuck are you trying to bring up IBM as a non-VT role anyway?

Cheers wankers,

Victoria
Old 06-3-2017, 04:59 PM   #296
Toyota
FFR Player

I'd say I don't much like Visa or McDicks, for their... lack of caring about reading the OP. But that topic has been beaten to death, yes?

I recall some people being fond... of Amazon particularly, but I don't get that impression.

I am the last person to be requesting this, but I want... more from Microsoft. I'm leaning Verizon green-y right now, but some more from them too would help me decide my true thoughts.
Old 06-3-2017, 05:03 PM   #297
Toyota
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Mobile View Post
Use of such posting style indicates a player's will to defend against acquisition and leave clues for remaining corporations, nothing more.

(Victoria) Why the fuck are you trying to bring up IBM as a non-VT role anyway?
Oooh my, yes this is good, good... and this is true too. Though, I could still see even... further stress on not being taken over by a PR, be it red or blue.

The IBM as non-VT, dear, is to truly scope in on my thoughts, yes? I would sooner lean red than blue, mind.
Old 06-3-2017, 05:28 PM   #298
Apple
FFR Player

China Mobile, I'd like to reiterate this from earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
Come on, don't point that out. Make the acquisitioner see it.
Old 06-3-2017, 05:45 PM   #299
Disney
FFR Player

ok, here is my read list
1) Alibaba Group -

2) Amazon -

3) Apple -

4) China Mobile -

5) Disney -

6) Facebook -

7) GE -

8) Google -

9) IBM -

10) Marlboro -

11) McDonalds -

12) Microsoft -

13) Shell -

14) Starbucks -

15) Toyota -

16) UPS -

17) Verizon -

18) Visa -

19) Walmart -

20) Wells Fargo -
Old 06-3-2017, 06:02 PM   #300
Google
FFR Player

Switching to Visa because of my agreement that the posts come across as kind of bad attempts of dumbtells/fabrications and the post I quoted where they said they'd mess up reading the OP and speculate about number of wolves as either role.
Closed Thread