Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #2601
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

One's that I don't get...

Fei Longer. WAY harder to AAA than Starlight. Should be a low VC

300. Come on people, look me in the eye and try to tell me this is easier than Silence and Lawn Wake IV. Try it. You can't do it. It should be at least 77, maybe 78.

Runny Morning. I don't think 80 is high enough. It's harder than all songs 82 or under, so I'd say the hardest 82 or even an 83. Right now it's the same as Hellhounds. REALLY?? The jack is just so so fast. I can't even FC that anymore.

Probably others but those are the ones that stood out.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #2602
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

ABCDEath is a 9?!

I think some of the low VCs (Fighting For Control, Pure in Asia, P4u, Fake Jazz) don't belong all the way down there. There are some really easy VCs and stuff with weird 32nds or tricky jumpstream doesn't belong in the same class as those.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #2603
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

im pretty sure if i actually cared enough about this list id find a lot more that are way off
Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #2604
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If the AAA count for runny wasn't so piss poor, I'd argue 80 is fine, but honestly, only 10 AAAs after being out for so damn long...bump it to 82, I guess

I also think Dead and Direct should be 80 but w.e

Also, qqwref's VCs should probably be a little higher too...honestly, P4U should probably be 75. The stepfile itself is like a low challenging at best, so assuming the background bumped the difficulty to where it is right now, it's still wrong.

Oh yeah, awesome job, etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #2605
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah Pure in Asia isn't a 68. If Tambourin Chorus is a 69... haha. Seems like a 70 to me.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #2606
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Alright, time to cover comments! Most of these difficulties are based upon previous discussions, ex. why World Tour is 80, I wanted 78, but long discussions with like, 4 pro players had me change it to an 80, so time for comments:

Gym Leader is definitely C, if it becomes low VC, then Ivaltek (which is much faster and has many more 4 framers) becomes mid VC

Fei Longer and Starlight are same IMO, Starlights just not on the list, I don't do jacks so I don't care either way, both can be C IMO. I'll change that.

Umm...300 is MUCH easier than those you listed. Not changing.

Umm...party4u a 75? Hell no. Background issues make it hard to AAA, but the file itself is low VC. Hence why I put it where it is. Not changing.

Runny morning has one annoying jack, but the rest of the file is low VC, so no way is it harder than where I put it, unless you want me to put Crowdpleaser above DP. Not changing.

DP and RATO, I personally think RATO should be 95 but since it's logged as a 96, it's 96 for now, but it's still open for debate.

Fighting For Control should be a C, you should be thankful I made it VC after a long argument with a friend of mine. I think it's a 65, but I changed it.

Pure in Asia. I played through all the VC's again, and I found Pure in Asia easier than Carrousel Paradise, but not Dot Death, so it's still a 68.

ABCDeath is really easy except for 1 trill. It's easier than Far From Home, so unless you want that to be a VC, then no. Far Away From Home's 24th rolls thing is difficult as hell in comparison.

Fake Jazz, changed. It's lowest 70.

Dead and Direct can be 80, sure.

qqwerf, go back and play Fighting for Control, look me in the face, and tell me it's harder than Carrousel Paradise, I DARE you. That song is the lamest excuse for a VC EVER. I'm leaving it there just to avoid complaints like this, but it's not being moved up.

Pure in Asia's easier than Tambourine Chinois, the BPM makes Tambourine Chinois annoying and it has patterns that are way more annoying overall than the one jumpstream in Pure in Asia, but what/ev, someone else will have to judge cause' I think Pure in Asia is easy peasy.

For those that say there are a lot of problems with the list, there are probably only around 10 misplaced songs. I've taken comments from the past 30 pages in this thread and played every C and VC song again to go over this, and everything seems fine, and if anything they're off by one difficulty at the most. We need EAG to check the list
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #2607
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Woah, I didn't realize I had p4u at a 68, changed to high 69, sorry bout' that, guess I left it where JX had it
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #2608
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post

Gym Leader is definitely C, if it becomes low VC, then Ivaltek (which is much faster and has many more 4 framers) becomes mid VC
ok bpm and 4 framers have nothing to do with why i say its a vc. patterns
Quote:
Fei Longer and Starlight are same IMO, Starlights just not on the list, I don't do jacks so I don't care either way, both can be C IMO. I'll change that.
fei longer and starlight arent the same ?_? you really cant be comparing the long ass jack lines in fei to the short ones in starlight and call them the same. fei is harder than starlight and both should be vc
Quote:
Fighting For Control should be a C, you should be thankful I made it VC after a long argument with a friend of mine. I think it's a 65, but I changed it.
fight for control a c ?_? the js and the really gay use of pr make it more than hard enough to have it be a vc
Quote:
Pure in Asia. I played through all the VC's again, and I found Pure in Asia easier than Carrousel Paradise, but not Dot Death, so it's still a 68.
ok im not sure how many times i have to say this but i'll say it again. YOUR ****ING OPINION ON HOW EASY A SONG IS SHOULDNT BE A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR TO THE DIFFICULTY OF A FILE

Quote:
ABCDeath is really easy except for 1 trill. It's easier than Far From Home, so unless you want that to be a VC, then no. Far Away From Home's 24th rolls thing is difficult as hell in comparison.
that triplet section and the speed up trill leading into a left hand jump jack should be enough to make it a vc

Quote:
qqwerf, go back and play Fighting for Control, look me in the face, and tell me it's harder than Carrousel Paradise, I DARE you. That song is the lamest excuse for a VC EVER. I'm leaving it there just to avoid complaints like this, but it's not being moved up.
i really dont think you're qualified to be judging difficulty when you keep doing the same thing over and over again

Quote:
Pure in Asia's easier than Tambourine Chinois, the BPM makes Tambourine Chinois annoying and it has patterns that are way more annoying overall than the one jumpstream in Pure in Asia, but what/ev, someone else will have to judge cause' I think Pure in Asia is easy peasy.
tambourine chinois' rhythms flow a lot better than the ones in pure in asia making it easier than pure in asia

Quote:
For those that say there are a lot of problems with the list, there are probably only around 10 misplaced songs. I've taken comments from the past 30 pages in this thread and played every C and VC song again to go over this, and everything seems fine, and if anything they're off by one difficulty at the most. We need EAG to check the list
you're really dumb if you think getting one of the top three players on this site to check the list for difficulty when he could probably AAA every single one of the songs first try.

how about this get 3-4 people varying from a below average player to a top teir player and have them help you out because its pretty obvious you cant do it alone
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #2609
who_cares973
FFR Player

lol it looks like i typed a lot
Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 AM   #2610
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I will never understand the reasoning to dropping NWE to a VC. It's actually harder than it looks and it's like Silence very very borderline FMO-VC.

Chaoz Japan is VC. That song's way to difficult to be a Challenging. (Unless it's the hardest Challenging.)

Jelly Roll Blues feels more like a 69 or 70. It's not that hard to Full Combo but a tad annoying to PA. Plus it's pretty short.

I'd also venture to say Max Forever is easier than Sly. But I guess those trills are a tad annoying.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #2611
who_cares973
FFR Player

the hardest challenging will always be over the frail dream just as it was planned to be when it first came out
Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #2612
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Jelly Roll Blues feels more like a 69 or 70. It's not that hard to Full Combo but a tad annoying to PA. Plus it's pretty short.
Those trills are diabolic. If Jelly Roll Blues become 70 or 69, while songs like Balloon Fever are 74, I'll say that Science Genius Girl is a 80, because this is just ridiculous.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #2613
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Stavie dude I appreciate all your work and respect your opnions, but honestly I think you are the only one who thinks Pure in Asia is easier than Tambourine Chorus.

Furthermore, how are you going to tell me that 300 is easier than the songs I mentioned? It is hard as hell to PA, and the bursts toward the end are hell.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #2614
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Once more, 300 is harder to AAA, but the file is not that bad, hence I put it where it was, yes it's harder than the normal 76's, but it's not that bad, I could probably move it up.

@ all of whocare comments, I should get below average players to comment, that's true, and I respect you very much, and you're differing opinions, so I will talk to other people. Only opinion that I think is beyond retarded is Fighting for Control. The jumpstream in that is easier than in Etude to a Dragon, it's the easiest VC in the game by far, I don't know how anyone can see differently unless they are just horrible at jumpstream. The songs jumps are quite spaced out, and it's relatively slow. Pure in Asia can be higher, I'll look into that. When I first played it, I thought solid 69, but then I tried Tambourine Chinois again and took me like 3 tries to AAA while I AAA'd Pure in Asia 3 to 4 times in a row. Once more, it's how well I play for that one, so yes, other opinions are welcome.

Gym Leader's patterns are not tricky at all, they're much easier than Ivaltek's patterns, I don't see what's hard about it, pattern why's that is, it's pretty straightforward. Speaking of patterns, that would make Washamoose low VC as well, since it has some damn evil patterns as well.

Difficulties will always be debatable because other people are better at somethings and have different skill levels, for example I rock jumpstream but suck at trills.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #2615
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

wow "beyond retarded?"

i like how easily you agree with players who are better than you but beat down everyone else's opinions like they're nothing
freakOmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #2616
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Fighting for Control seems a whole lot more awkward to me than most jumpstream songs. It also seems fairly fast (I don't know BPMs). Etude is slow as crap though. And I'm not bad at jumpstream either... I've AAA'd EHHS and a Pants AAA is doable for me(got close the other day). The first time I played Fighting for Control, I honestly remember thinking, "dang, this is a pretty tough VC". Maybe I'm crazy, but it felt hard to me.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #2617
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakOmani View Post
wow "beyond retarded?"

i like how easily you agree with players who are better than you but beat down everyone else's opinions like they're nothing
Sorry, I'm not trying to beat everyone down, it's just I don't find that one debatable at all. It's like if someone told me Excite Bike should be VC and was serious about it. That song is the easiest VC in the game, and I won't change it unless a pro tells me that it's even hard for him. Idk, I played that song quite a bit, and I don't see it being VC.

I don't mean to beat down people's opinions, I'm sorry, I just have issues with how I talk to people sometimes (aspergur's syndrome), so I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I see how it comes off like that.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #2618
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

no problem, I'm sorry as well for making such a strong accusation, but you have to realise that your perception of jumpstream differs quite a bit from a majority of players

Last edited by freakOmani; 08-14-2009 at 12:13 PM..
freakOmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #2619
gta0004
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gta0004

why is excited bike rated so easy. i find it hard
Old 08-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #2620
Frozen Beat
coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Beat Send a message via MSN to Frozen Beat

It's ranked low because it's 9 seconds long.

Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!
Frozen Beat is offline   Reply With Quote