Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 04:33 AM   #1
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Default Your own opinion

Honestly this has been done but I want to see everyone's opinion on LIFE from the SUPER HAPPY JOYFUL people to the Super downer nobody type of people like myself.

What's your take on your own situation and about life in general...Just why are things the way they are you know?
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #2
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

Well, im one of those super happy joyful people you mentioned.

The kind of person who is always happy to be up, movin, awake, with friends, or just to be alive.

Personally, i think its because i was one of those lucky people who had a life altering experience as a little kid (kidney transplant when i was 11 years old, and on another note.... celebrating 8 years since my transplant today! yay! im not dead yet! also diabetic, high cholesterol, fun stuff).

Generally most people would see stuff like that as a downer... but im one of those optimistic people who's just happy to be alive...

So, my opinion on life in general? Enjoy it, what else can you do?

the end.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #3
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Lots of factors are involved. For me, happiness is being around friends and making them feel good. There isn't anything better in the world than going to bed at night knowing you've really helped make someone's day.

I tend to get sad when I'm lonely. Maybe I've got people around me, but that doesn't mean I don't feel lonely. I think most people know what I mean by that. Just being recognized really means a lot.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #4
no_body_big
FFR Player

We'll life can be good and life can be bad, just live it as long, and the best way you posibly can no matter who you are.

Quote:
That's a lame way to kill a person
[[/img]
no_body_big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #5
no_body_big
FFR Player

I'm sorry a little off topic, for me making people laugh makes me happy.

Quote:
That's a lame way to kill a person
no_body_big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #6
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Hooo boy you better get a drink before reading this:

First off, I'm an uber-skeptic. (Skeptic, not septic) I question virtually everything that I come across because I'm unhappy with how naive and willing to believe anything that gives their life "closure" or "purpose". I can't stand religion because I see it as an excuse to be faultful or to cause mishaps. I don't understand how people will blindly follow a re-writen book with no particular author and told by said person(s) as the "rules to live by". It's easier to say "god has our fate in his hands" so that regardless of what's done it's got a "purpose".

Myself I believe I can control the outcome of my own life - I make my decisions, right or wrong, and I have the consequences of these decisions. I also have the question that burns in my mind - would a different outcome happen if I say, did an action (ex: Throw a ball at a glove) either .001 seconds before or after I actually did it?

I'm very pessimistic (if you can't tell). I really hate the world because of the idiot choices humans have made, the corruption and urge to "get ahead regardless of the consequences". We've destroyed the environment and we should do something now but we won't (I'm not an environmentalist either).

I prefer to be alone or in a small group of people (3 maximum + me, unless they're my close friends) because I generally don't trust a word people say. Taking things at face value is an easy way to get yourself killed/maimed/taken advantage of.

However, I don't see myself as a person that's hard to get along with - I'm nice to strangers. Just not trusting.

I live alot of my life on my "random luck" theory - no matter how bad something gets, something random will happen that will change the situation for better or worse. Therefore, planning things out is a pretty pointless activity, since we can't predict the future with any accuracy. It's fine to have a "life goal" (I do) but don't waste your youth going nuts to achieve this - you can make it happen by just being yourself. Don't fake out and be unhappy to achieve it, because it's not worth the effort.

I'm not happy unless I'm with my girlfriend, and I feel not alot of people understand me. It also blows my mind that there's 6.3 billion people. I see someone walking down the street and I wonder what their life is like - what they go through. I can't judge that person until I know plethoras about their life/situation, etc etc.

I also hate schills, and I'm glad that I'm not.

And I belive reality is what you perceive it to be - I may see it differently than anyone else in the world.

Rant done for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:06 AM   #7
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Interesting. See Tristia is one of those people I see everyday it's insane how you can just ignore all the bad stuff out there.
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:55 AM   #8
Jam930
FFR Player

Hi!

hm.

i am a person of alot of ups and downs...
Good mood now, bad mood 10 mins ago. and my views constantly change and mutate, and are largely based on my experiences.

alot of the time i go into a quiet, observing mood. where i just watch things around me.

life? sometimes it really sucks, sometimes its great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmosis
Therefore, planning things out is a pretty pointless activity, since we can't predict the future with any accuracy.
i dont believe that at all. sometimes theres surprises, but its always better to increase your chances of success of somehting before you try it. =D
Old 04-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #9
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyZero
Interesting. See Tristia is one of those people I see everyday it's insane how you can just ignore all the bad stuff out there.
ha, well... it comes with experience... its not necessarily ignoring it. those who ignore are ignorant.... you have to take it as it comes and deal with it in the best way possible, and for me thats with a smile on my face.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #10
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmosis
Therefore, planning things out is a pretty pointless activity, since we can't predict the future with any accuracy.
i dont believe that at all. sometimes theres surprises, but its always better to increase your chances of success of somehting before you try it. =D
I didn't mean "don't plan anything" what I really meant was that planning EVERYTHING in your life is pointless - example: if you want to go on a trip, book a hotel, a plane, and take some places you want to visit while there. Don't plan out everyday of said trip, because something will happen and it'll be ruined. Then the planning person will be mad beyond belief.

It's fine to have a life goal or ambition, but don't make yourself unhappy to get to that point cause it's not worth it.

It's hard to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #11
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Man, being happy is TOTALLY sweet. It's so sweet that I want to be happy every single second for the rest of my life, and already have a few years of doing so under my belt. You control your own happiness, period. If you want to be happy, you can, and nobody can change that. I don't like hearing the "Well, you don't understand what I've been through" or "You've had such a good life" responses because in regard to one's happiness, that is completely [I don't know if I can swear in these forums, but this is the most appropriate word] bullshit. ANYONE can be happy. Happiness is all about how you deal with stresses. If you don't let them get to you, life will be blissful (I can vouch for that), however, if you let them knock you over and kick you while you're down, your life'll be unnecessarily miserable. Sure, some things'll anger or sadden you, but just take them and go with it (exception: the death of a loved one. Mourning and recovery can be relatively long, and that is completely natural and understandable). Accept responsibility for your actions if that is the case, and for your responses to them.
My outlook on life is rather difficult to justify to people (girls, most of all), so I don't expect everyone to agree, but it's simple and possible. In summation: Always be happy.

--Guido

http://www.mikee385.com/andy

GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote