Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #101
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me goods packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
it was clearly a joke, and i'm pretty certain that the people who realized it was a joke are the ones that actually talk to him and don't just freak out over random shit - p.s. you're really in no place to determine that it wasn't, honestly
Because clearly jokes can be inferred from posts on the internet, and are clearly in need of being explained to be a joke through a fake apology thread to inspire more drama

really at the end of the day we should be bowing to the icy

everyone bow to the icy

because clearly he put more thoughts into these few posts than he's ever put into a fucking simfile.

But what the fuck do I know. Apparently I'm never going to be in a place where I can determine anything, ever. I should know, Halogen told me so. Numerous times even.

Wait, we should be bowing to the Halogen....
Old 07-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #102
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

ALL HAIL ICY AND AJ!!
THE LORDS AND SAVIORS TO ARROW SMASHING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
Old 07-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #103
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins View Post
ALL HAIL ICY AND AJ!!
THE LORDS AND SAVIORS TO ARROW SMASHING!!
Halogen's reaction to this whole thing:

Including the part about being fucking stupid.

Last edited by XelNya; 07-22-2016 at 12:18 AM..
Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #104
PortalLife
FFR Player

reminder this all started because someone asked for pack recommendations and someone got upset over a joke
Old 07-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #105
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalLife View Post
reminder this all started because someone asked for pack recommendations and someone got upset over a joke
Who got upset though?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:43 PM   #106
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Halogen was the only person to actually call it technical but I didnt get why creative/artsy r referred to technical files. arnt all files creative? If anything neo dump files are the most artsy and creative files any file can ever be.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #107
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buta-san View Post
Halogen was the only person to actually call it technical but I didnt get why creative/artsy r referred to technical files. arnt all files creative? If anything neo dump files are the most artsy and creative files any file can ever be.
Carlos (WV) and I also had an issue with the term "technical" back when we were judging FFR files regularly. I think it's supposed to mean "accuracy and precision to the music" but that's not easily quantifiable. I guess colored arrows mean the stepper is paying more close attention to the music at hand. The term had a negative connotation because it traditionally referred to the fact that colored files are less predictable and potentially more awkward. Judges would review files with consideration to "flow" - a term that is also not easily quantifiable. The two terms would often be used hand in hand.

Last edited by bmah; 07-21-2016 at 11:09 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 11:45 PM   #108
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Here's the thing about icontrolyourworld's post: even though by the wording you might think it's "clearly a joke", the opinion he's expressing is a sincere one that he's expressed several times (including specifically calling them "art fart") before with charts that aren't basically straightforward 16th jumpstream speed/stamina files. It's implying that people are making stepcharts for some self-indulgent masturbatory purpose and not just for being played, i.e. calling them pretentious. The negative responses to him are not just for this one incident; this has happened before. XelNya, bmah, MarioNintendo, choof, and DigitalS3r4ph are all right to be offended/upset. choof should be less insulting, but I don't disagree with him responding in principle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Carlos (WV) and I also had an issue with the term "technical" back when we were judging FFR files regularly. I think it's supposed to mean "accuracy and precision to the music" but that's not easily quantifiable. I guess colored arrows mean the stepper is paying more close attention to the music at hand. The term had a negative connotation because it traditionally referred to the fact that colored files are less predictable and potentially more awkward. Judges would review files with consideration to "flow" - a term that is also not easily quantifiable. The two terms would often be used hand in hand.
Exactly this. 'Technical' should really refer to charts that test a range of skills, i.e. techniques (like stream, js, jack, polyrhythms, trills, etc etc). I've complained about both 'technical' and 'flow' being used as what are basically buzzwords in stepping terminology years ago when judging/stepping more, and when there was a larger community for both, but I wasn't agreed with often. 'Bad flow' especially became a term used to criticize a chart without ever being specific as to what was lacking and what needed to be improved, e.g. difficulty curve, matching the rhythm of the music, matching the intensity of the music. If ever it was elaborated what it meant, it was then redundant at best.

Last edited by ilikexd; 07-21-2016 at 11:45 PM..
Old 07-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #109
Sidek
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

smoc packs

Bye.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:09 AM   #110
Soul Evans
FFR Player

I'm new here but i can certainly say that this place became something i feel uncomfortable being in, i read all the posts and i have one thing to say :

Weather or not his post was serious: No one cares

you don't have to be dead serious a person has expressed an opinion you don't need to be that serious about what he thinks, his post included ''Easy peezy'' so you know he also meant to refer as difficulty, don't talk about rates, i played with rates for a good amount of time and files are just bizarrely unstable, certain files has a ton of spikes in them that are just too hard and i just see the rest as easy, even if it's 1.5x and since he referred to Jumpstream maps and Since he asked for them too then that means he had a right to recommend them, there is no need to be that mad about someone saying an opinion feel free to disagree but DO NOT OVERREACT not two people in this world agree's on everything, that's like saying i disagree with a person you like for a certain subject HE IS DEAD TO ME I HATE HIM HE'S RETARDED everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you disagree state why you disagree but do not throw insults/hating on an individual weather or not he's serious or joking it does not matter, you overreacted.

All in all this place is really something huh, and i came here hoping i'd meet people who don't judge on someone so much, it's a fucking rhythm game not a court room jesus christ

Last edited by Soul Evans; 07-23-2016 at 02:12 AM..
Old 07-23-2016, 02:22 AM   #111
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't think you've added one iota to what has already been discussed or expressed. All I see is a very loud post with bolded words.

All communities have their irks and quirks, and FFR is no exception, especially considering it has a history that spans more than a decade by now. You've jumped into a thread that has had some pretty vigorous discussions, and that's no different than if I jumped into the middle of a heated debate on another website.

The original poster has long left the thread, but nevertheless, for reference, check this comprehensive list of simfiles that various communities have created over the years: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=133223

The thread has run its course.
Closed Thread