Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2024, 09:55 PM   #1
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Hyper Iria world record

So a bit over 2 weeks ago, I was trying out Japanese retro games that never came out in the West but eventually got a fan translation. I discovered a bunch of cool gems, but most importantly, I found out about Hyper Iria and I kind of fell in love with it. I played through it the next day and decided I wanted to master this game.

I looked it up on speedrun.com and found out the world record was 8 years old and quite a bit better than the other scores on the leaderboard. I decided to get to work and try to get the world record for myself. I recently quit my job and am visiting my parents in my native village, so I definitely had time to practice, which I did for almost 10 hours a day, every day.

Once I felt ready, with hundreds of attempts on every stage but the last one, I started doing speedruns live on Twitch. 134 attempts later, here I am.

This was a silly sidequest in my life and of course not the greatest accomplishment in gaming history or anything, but it was really great. I'm 33 years old and I love video games, and sometimes I wonder if my peak gaming days are behind me. I'm glad I could see this through to the end like this, it feels fantastic.

Also, this is a pretty great B tier game, very fun to get into especially if you like memorizing routes. I'd be happy to give advice to anyone wanting to give this game a shot!

Anyway, I just wanted to share =) I hope you all have a great day

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 02-22-2024 at 10:36 PM..
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote