Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #21
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: McCainSpace

God he sounds so incredibly fake in the video on that page. He sounds like a first grader narrating the thanksgiving pageant.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Obama = Ridiculous healthcare plan being paid for with our money
Funny how that works out, tax dollars actually going to taking care of the people who pay them, how about that? I mean, we already spend god knows how many billions of dollars on a war on "terror", a war on an ideal, and since there is no enemy, the war cannot be won, anymore than you can shoot hunger, stab misery, or bomb hate.

Since so damn much money goes in the backpockets of corporations that are run by CEOs who are in bed with the boards of directors sponging off thousands of dollars since half our **** is privatized, and since so much money seems to disappear (hey, I can rest easy knowing that money I would've had for breakfast this morning instead went towards some CEO's golfing trip), I think using money for healthcare is a good thing.

...unless you prefer the current healthcare system.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Funny how that works out, tax dollars actually going to taking care of the people who pay them, how about that? I mean, we already spend god knows how many billions of dollars on a war on "terror", a war on an ideal, and since there is no enemy, the war cannot be won, anymore than you can shoot hunger, stab misery, or bomb hate.

Since so damn much money goes in the backpockets of corporations that are run by CEOs who are in bed with the boards of directors sponging off thousands of dollars since half our **** is privatized, and since so much money seems to disappear (hey, I can rest easy knowing that money I would've had for breakfast this morning instead went towards some CEO's golfing trip), I think using money for healthcare is a good thing.

...unless you prefer the current healthcare system.
Obama's Healthcare plan also like himself, lacks audacity. It will mean Higher taxes, lower quality healthcare and plenty of other problems. I don't care what he says his plan is not "universal", its full of hope but not deliverable. Obama brags about how his plan covers every American, but it doesn't. He basically promises more than he can give.

Alright thats all I have to say about this since I hate getting into arguments about politics. So i'll leave it at that. Both candidates can go die in my opinion. You can keep worshipping Obama as some Messiah if you want.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Obama's Healthcare plan also like himself, lacks audacity. It will mean Higher taxes, lower quality healthcare and plenty of other problems. I don't care what he says his plan is not "universal", its full of hope but not deliverable. Obama brags about how his plan covers every American, but it doesn't. He basically promises more than he can give.

Alright thats all I have to say about this since I hate getting into arguments about politics. So i'll leave it at that. Both candidates can go die in my opinion. You can keep worshipping Obama as some Messiah if you want.
I'm not sure you understand how taxes work, and it seems you have less of an understanding than even I do. But for slightly higher taxes, how nice would it be to have healthcare sponsored by the government? I mean, I already pay $120 a month just for my medical. I can't say anything would go amiss if taxes were slightly increased.

Can you explain why the healthcare plan is not feasible? It's an honest question. You throw around these phrases about how he's bull****ting everybody yet you fail to explain how and why.

And you're very quick to back out. It's not about arguments, it's about promoting a sense of understanding, which, no offense, you to some degree seem to lack.

I'm don't "worship" Obama, but I'm interested in the lesser evil, as is always the case. Your arguments consist of "I hate them and they lie and suck, but I don't want to talk about it. They just do."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 08-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #25
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

McCain's so damn old he doesn't know how to use a computer, which means he put 0 effort into anything on the site aside from the welcome/intro video -_-

Anyway, I don't know anything about either candidate, so I'll be staying away from this topic.
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm don't "worship" Obama, but I'm interested in the lesser evil, as is always the case. Your arguments consist of "I hate them and they lie and suck, but I don't want to talk about it. They just do."
Its simple really, I ahte politics and it does take some time to spend typing out all the technicalities of what I mean is just something I want to do. I just stated that I hated both candidates and that I think Obama is promising more than he can give. Its not that I don't want to toss ideas and such back and forth, actually well it is. You could probably find plenty of detailed explanations of what I'm talking about if you searched "Obama healthcare plan problems" in google. Again I just don't want to spend a bunch of time typing out all the technicalities behind my reasoning. I just gave my basic ideas and I know you can go and think I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I really don't care. I'm just not the type of person who likes to type out huge explanations, so I'll leave it that. Also If at any point you felt like I came across as hostile towards your opinion I apologize.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
OrganisM
FFR Player

If you have no fact to back your reason, what kind of reason is it at all? From the way you type, it seems as if you're not completely sure.

I've looked around and the only particularly strong criticism of Obama's health care "ideas" comes from a figure that was an estimate by a guy who wrote for the New York Times. So I still see no concrete proof one way or another that the healthcare plan can't deliver.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #28
Godsara1
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Godsara1

Obama -> McCain
McCain already got Sued once.
Obama will be our first...Black president :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Dude, we have to be careful. I'm 20, and I see you're 19. You just can't go talking to anyone these days, man. They're all out to get us. Chris Hanson is probably browsing this forum right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsara1 View Post
If you could meet someone dead of alive...Who would it be and why?
Panic4Me.
Bcuz.
that's wai!
Godsara1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #29
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Uh, for Obama's plan, aren't taxes going to be raised for upper-class ($250k income+) and lowered for middle-class? At least that's what I remember reading. Please tell me how this is a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
If you have no fact to back your reason, what kind of reason is it at all? From the way you type, it seems as if you're not completely sure.

I've looked around and the only particularly strong criticism of Obama's health care "ideas" comes from a figure that was an estimate by a guy who wrote for the New York Times. So I still see no concrete proof one way or another that the healthcare plan can't deliver.
I first want to say I actually like Obama over McCain, but I still pretty much hate both of them.

Okay well I guess I can explain my reasoning. I know I might seem like some idiot suddenly changing his mind from "I don't want to talk about it" to "Okay I will", but I've got nothing better to do.

So I just want to start out by saying that Obama's idea for Universal Healthcare is not a bad idea, I just feel like he is not completely thinking his entire plan out, like he is just taking on the bare bones of the issue. I think there needs to be more emphasis on ways to cut health care spending; for example the promotion of preventative care vs. treatment of disease.

Something else that doesn't seem to be taken into account is that there would need to be some tax-break incentive to private businesses to continue to subsidize employees’ insurance. If I were a business owner, why would I offer private insurance if my employees could get it from the government? Until a valid plan is offered that considers this, it don't think this plan of his will come to fruition. Personally, I am in favor of healthcare being offered to all Americans. However, I have yet to see a proposal I think could actually happen.

I'd like to quote Obama. “Since President Bush took office, the single fastest growing component of health care spending has been administrative costs and profits for insurance companies.” and yet in another speech Obama says he would “retain the private insurance system.”

What is the point of retaining the private insurance system? Until the profit motive is removed from the health care system the best we can hope for is incremental improvement? Due to the power of the insurance, pharmaceutical and health care industries there seems like no chance of a national health care system. Alright I think I've stated a good amount of my opinion on this matter.

Last edited by cC@Zz; 08-28-2008 at 07:04 PM..
cC@Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #31
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734 View Post
Uh, for Obama's plan, aren't taxes going to be raised for upper-class ($250k income+) and lowered for middle-class? At least that's what I remember reading. Please tell me how this is a bad thing.
thats what he said doing that debate thing last week or so. I remember when mccain was asked the same question, he said"i dont want to take money from the rich"

uhh wtf, the rich get richer and poor get poorer? good plan.

ps, mccainspace is incredibly gay, i watched that short video of him talking about. =/

pps. just farted and laughed but then gagged cuz it smelt terrible

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #32
gypsyboyPS3
FFR Player

What? no Obama Ass Mag?
Please excuse my spelling And/or grammer (what ever that is) Because i have never went to school. Gypsys dont go to school because they think its a waste of money. so i forced myself to learn how to read/spell.

gypsyboyPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #33
OrganisM
FFR Player

I personally have a huge problem with just how much of the country's backbone is handled privately, and I think that's a mistake.

Obama's website says: " Too little is spent on prevention and public health: The nation faces epidemics of obesity and chronic diseases as well as new threats of pandemic flu and bioterrorism. Yet despite all of this less than 4 cents of every health care dollar is spent on prevention and public health."

And it's one of three main issues the article detailing his stance on health care deals with. That sounds to me like a nod towards preventative health care.

And here is the section on employer contribution:

"

• Employer Contribution: Employers that do not offer or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees will be required to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of the national plan. Small businesses will be exempt from this requirement, and will receive a new Small Business Health Tax Credit that helps reduce health care costs for small businesses."

I personally think that his official website is as good a word to go on as any.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]: