Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
babybenji2004
Banned

Send a message via AIM to babybenji2004 Send a message via Yahoo to babybenji2004
Default Max Guide

A guide for all the max's and difficult 10's. This is for people who are having a hard time with the max's and are getting super PO'ed because they can pass LoM but can't pass max 300 or maxX

These songs include, but are not limited to:
Max 300
MaxX unlimited
The legend of max
Paranoia survivor max (oni and heavy)
Paranoia survivor
Bag

Please share helpful notes, tips, and songs to practice on for people who are struggling with hard songs. And also add guides for other hard songs.
babybenji2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Novacaine
Banned

That makes no sense how coud u pass LOM first before max300 and maxunlimited
That just doesnt go right, that doesnt happen except on the shitty game for home In which case dosnt even count.
Novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #3
truelife
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to truelife

What about Max (period)

truelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #4
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

Quote:
That just doesnt go right, that doesnt happen except on the shitty game for home In which case dosnt even count.
I think that he just gave a random example.
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
Velious
FFR Player

play 2-3 hours a day
repeat for 5-6 months
hurray youre good now :>
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1nd0wsXP
Can anyone tell me where to find Quasasr..... I'm kinda and trying to find that song Help would be appreciated!
Velious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:40 AM   #6
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

I'll do the Max 300 one.

Max 300

Ok, people, this is your favorite colored person, yet again sticking his neck on the line to make sure you are as good as me in DDR. First thing is first, now HVAM correct me if I'm wrong but Max 300 is a little faster than LoM. The 300 bpm is one of the biggest things you'll have to tackle during the song. This speed going 300 bpm for over 2 mins puts stress on your legs like you wouldn't believe. So before attempting to do this song, build up the endurance in your legs on jumping songs.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/stepcharts/s...&Submit=Submit

This is the actual stepchart for Max 300.

Now to the actual song. People Max 300 is not really that hard. The 300 bpm is what makes the stepfile and music sound a lot faster than what it really is. The song starts out with 1, 2, Gallop steps until you hit you first two runs. Then comes two doubles, and then a very long run. During this combonation, I highly suggest you use the bar to save energy for the rest of the song. Don't waste precious endurance just because you want to be a show off.

Next comes some regular arrows until you come to two two-second long runs with one going Right Arrow, Up Arrow, Right Arrow and the other Left Arrow, Down Arrow, Left Arrow. Then the stream goes Right, Up, Down, Left in quick succession. Next come the really annoying 16ths. The side 16ths are easy to do, but then they will make you do combos like this: Right, Down, Up and Left, Up, Down. Then comes the runs that go Left, Right, Left , Right, Up and so on. Basically never take your eyes off the screen. The arrows come very quickly and the dance meter will be unforgiving if you miss just one arrow. The last half of the song is almost difficult to explain in words. I honestly wish I could, but its probably better to look at the stepchart above and look at the steps after the middle freeze. Try your best people, train, and focus your body into it. You will be able to beat Max 300.

Summary

--------------
1. You'll need lots and lots of endurance.

2. The runs are insanely stressful towars the end of the song.

3. Always use the bar for the first part of Max 300.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

PARANOIA SURVIVOR

I personally think that PARANOiA survivor is a nice and (Generally) easy 10-footer. To pass this song, be absolutely sure that you can read crossovers like those found on CSFIL Speed Mix. Also, make sure you can read long and fast patterns like the end of Drop Out. If you can do that, you can likely pass PARANOiA survivor.

The beginning of this song is decievingly simple. It goes more or less perfectly along with the music. Keep an eye out for the BPM change, even though it just cuts in half to 135. After the slowdown, keep your eyes peeled for the return to 270. There will be some simple three, four, and five step runs here, with some gallop-like patterns to boot. Watch for the next slowdown. Nothing incredibly hard yet, right? Maybe you're a little tired, but moving onward...

Another section of short runs, then another slowdown with four jumps. The step after these immediately begins the 270 BPM again, and more runs. This next part is tricky because of the rhythm patterns. Keep an eye on the arrows and an ear with the background percussion line. You'll be okay. You'll soon enter five-step runs which lead into a long freeze. This freeze is NOT a jump, as many people mistake it to be. It's two arrows, right, then left half a beat after.

Here comes the hardest part. By now you're likely going to be burned out. They'll start throwing three-step runs and fast jump patterns at you from here to the ending. Once you're through that, you'll see a whole crapload of arrows nailing you in the face. It's all crossovers from here onward. WHATEVER YOU DO, don't shift your positions mid-stream. Just figure out how you can nail the arrows without shuffling. If you can make it through these crossover swarms, you've just passed PARANOiA survivor.

SUMMARY
------------
To pass this, you'll need:
1) Stamina, although not quite as much as for the MAX series.
2) Swarm skills, to make it through the runs.
3) Crossovers, to face the end.

I think that about covers Survivor. Just keep your cool and don't freak out at the end. This song isn't really that bad. ^_^
Neonatrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #8
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This should be stickied in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
babybenji2004
Banned

Send a message via AIM to babybenji2004 Send a message via Yahoo to babybenji2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacaine
It doesn't make sense and i'm fairly po'ed and it was Japanese extreme with normal bar drain so please stfu

Thanks chromer and Neonatrias for the guides. It's time to start gamewhoring again.
babybenji2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #10
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Shouldn't Maximizer and Max . (Period) be part of the Max Guide?

I'll do Max Unlimited when I get home.
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

This should be stickied. But anyway. Any numbers correspond to the arrows on the numpad.

The Legend of Max

Many people think and say that The Legend of Max (LoM for short, for anyone that didn't know) is the second hardest song in DDREX, behind PSMO (Paranoia Survivor Max Oni). I'm here to try to show you why you shouldn't think that at all.

First, LoM clocks in at a very fast 333 BPM. This can make it quite difficult if you haven't practiced up. You should be able to read LoM standard very well before you can expect to be able to pass heavy.

Here's a short summary of what you need to do. Basically, the most anything before the slowdown can do is drain your stamina. You need to know what's coming and keep unneccary body motions to a minimum (for instance, having to double step because you were facing the wrong way). Keep your feet low, and make sure you have as much energy left after the slowdown.

After the short slowdown, there is an easy 4th stream. After that, there is a long section with many, many, MANY triplets. There are many of them. Keep your feet as low as possible. After the third note in a triplet comes, don't lift your foot up.

For example, say there is a part with three 8ths, in a 626 pattern. The second 6 in that pattern is a quarter note, and the next note is another 6 leading into another 626 pattern, just like the first one. On the second 6 in the first 626 pattern, most people tend to kick their right foot up for the next 6. Instead, keep your foot on the pad until the next 6 comes, and hit it right when it comes.

This way, the triplets shouldn't take away too much of your stamina. When you've gotten past the triplets section, there are a few short streams. Fortunately, they are patterns like 82828 and such. Once again, the key here is to keep your feet low, but instead of conserving stamina, this just helps you hit them faster and prepare for the next ones. Then there is a long stream, something like 42862842 etc. I usually don't do to well on this part; just make sure you hit enough of them to get by.

Afterwards, you probably won't have too much health, energy, whatever to spare. After the long stream, it's basically just patterns like jump, jump, gallop. You should know how to do these types of patterns by now. The hardest part of getting through this is having enough left to get past it. If you've conserved your stamina well enough, you should be able to make it through.

To pass The Legend of Max, you'll need:
-stamina
-the ability to hit buttons fast
-to be able to read fast scroll speeds
-to be able to easily do triplets

I don't think LoM is as hard as MaxX Unlimited, and I can understand passing it before Max300. Hopefully this will help anyone that is stuck. Have fun with it
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #12
Neonatrias
MAЯISA

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

PARANOiA survivor MAX Oni - 290 - 73 to 290 BPM

This is the most sickening, degrading, DISGUSTING pieces of work I've ever seen. Little more than a blur of arrows at top speed, PSMO is the terror of the DDR arcade world. With a 613 maximum combo -- That's NOT including air, which there's a HELL of a lot of -- this song doesn't ever get any easier. I'll break it down piece by piece for you to make it -- Hopefully -- slightly easier.

Chart: http://www.ddrfreak.com/stepcharts/s...&Submit=Submit

Begin the song facing to the left, and, if it's your first time playing it, hanging on to something. The first arrow pattern is 2826284. The next pattern is exactly the same thing, only inverted. So quickly shift right and hit 2824286. The next swarm contains a crossover, so be careful and continue facing right. Mid-swarm you'll be required to shift to the left. Do it. A three-step run here and you're into the next section of the song. Congratulations, you're 10 seconds in.

The short gallop set here goes with the coughing SE in the background of the song. Face right to perform these and DON'T switch. Use crossovers. You'll run into a short 828 pattern. Then you'll encounter a 2428682 pattern, which is just running "down," then "up" the pad. You're still facing right. Continue into the 46468. Suddenly, there are JUMPS. Do them as well as you can and remember: don't shuffle. Coming out of these you should still be facing generally to the right. There are two swarms coming up immediately after the air. The first of them, face right for. Then QUICKLY face left and do the next one. Careful of the crossover. There's a strange pattern after this, which is Step-Jump-Step-Jump-Jump-Jump. At the beginning of this, you'll be facing right. Mid-pattern you'll (Hopefully) automatically be forced to switch to left. Instantly you should switch back to the right, and you'll enter the first slowdown of the song. If you're playing this song and are this far you should be able to figure out the rhythm here, but it IS tricky. Watch for the return to 290 BPM.

Tired yet? HAH, you're only 20 seconds in.

Hopefully you've hit the last up arrow in the slow section with your right foot. The next swarm will switch you from left to right and back to left again. There IS a shuffle after this swarm, be SURE you hit the lone LEFT arrow with your LEFT foot. After this you'll encounter another swarm -- Guess what? It's just inverted. The same applies after this, be sure that you shuffle to set yourself up right. You'll come into a Drop Out style pattern next, which will set you facing left. Then come some gallops, which will face you right. Here come more jumps, and some strange patterns. They go with the background effects of the music. They're in a pattern of DUM DUM DIG-GA-DUM DIGGA-DA-DUM DA-DUM and then repeats itself. After three of these, you'll hit another slowdown. The rhythm is really simple here.

33 seconds down.

There are some simple three and five-step runs next. VERY easy. Just watch for the next slowdown, it's not that far from the last one. Speed up again. Exiting this slowdown, turn to the left. It makes things easier later. From here on out, you'll be doing horsetrots like 686_646_626_646. After those are over, you'll do five-steps runs in a similar fashion, such as 42464_48464_42868_82848. Be careful, as they switch up mid-stream sometimes. All crossovers here, people, don't shuffle if you can avoid it. As in Survivor, the freeze after these runs isn't a jump. Don't let the slowdown give you a sense of security. Hell is on its way.

By now you should be used to PSMO's rhythms. That's what it's like for a few seconds after that. However, there ARE points in here that you should shuffle. They're all rather basic though, and you can pretty much see them by looking at the stepchart. Watch out for the sporadic jumps throughout here. They're painful. Alright, now remember where the heavy crossover swarms started in Survivor? As you come into this part, make SURE you END THE JUMP SEQUENCE (Up and down arrows) FACING TO THE LEFT. It's absolutely crucial that you do this, otherwise you're screwed.

1:10 of PSMO down.

From here on out, you had better be able to read crossovers from Hell. That's all this is. 31-step stamina-demolishing swarms with EVER-SO-SLIGHT breaks between them will fly up the screen. Do not ever, ever, EVER re-position your feet OR your body during these. There is NO place that a shuffle is required. In short, don't switch direction between swarms!!! After three and a half times, you'll enter another slowdown, with the rhythm D-DA D-DA D-DA D-D-D-DA. The BPM will crank back to 290 after this. You should be facing to the right at the end of the slowdown. From here to the end you'll encounter patterns similar to those before the crossover swarms. Pull through until you've come to the right-arrow freeze, then the ever-welcome D-D-D-DA D-DA D-DA D-D-D-DA...

And finish with the jump freeze of your life. Spin around for it if you want. Pose. You deserve it. Just don't release it and fail.

Congratulations. You've conquered PARANOiA survivor MAX Oni. Go grab some water and collapse in a corner with cool air blowing on you, because you've travelled through Hell.

General Tips For PSM Oni:

1) Don't shuffle unless it's necessary.
2) Play as lightly as possible. Stamina is a big deal.
3) If you can't read all of the swarms, pound arrows. Standing there won't do anything for you.

YOU WILL NEED:

1) Stamina. Tons of stamina.
2) Incredible speed skills.
3) Incredible crossover skills.
4) Fast arrow-reading skills.
5) More freaking stamina.
6) Some massive form of motivation.

I would also recommend NOT to play this song alone. If you're underhydrated, as some players are after a while, you may very well COLLAPSE while playing. If someone's there, they can get you off the pad and take care of you. Don't overwork yourself.

-- Thanks to dAnceguy117 for pointing out that I neglected to mention to keep your position on the swarms. ^_^
Neonatrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:31 AM   #13
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sweet guide Neo.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #14
SMGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SMGod Send a message via MSN to SMGod

max300 isn't faster than lom... lom is 333bpm 8th on the fast part Ie. 166+ bpm 16th vs. max300 which is only 300bpm 8th or 150bpm 16th on the fast parts. So you're wrong there.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #15
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Yeah, that PSMO guide is sweet. Too bad I passed it for the first time right before you made it XD

There's something else you might want to mention, though. During the streams at the end, they often break ON a crossover, and pick up from there on the next stream. I often lose my spot at these annoyances. If you lose your spot on a break, face the same direction, and pick up as soon as the crossover undoes itself. That's how I passed it
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #16
Novacaine
Banned

A good way to get ready for PSMO is to practice max300 for stream
and PSM heavy for speedy crossovers and rhythm n police for those difficult crossovers cuz it seems almost the same just PSMO is way faster

And by the way PSMH is harder than LOM and MaxX.
Novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:03 PM   #17
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto

Actually, PSMO is about ten grades harder than R&P. I can pass R&P no problem on 2x. It's just a very basic crossover here and there. PSMO requires you to be in one way, then do a crossover, and practically backstep for the next arrow, which screws some people up.

No, I have not passed PSMO yet. Hell, I haven't even pass MaxX Unlimited.
Tsuteto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:10 AM   #18
SMGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SMGod Send a message via MSN to SMGod

then you have a long way to go... you have to atleast get an A on maxx, lom, etc. and be getting really good PA on all songs and not passing rnp but getting AA with really good PA before you can pass psmo imo. Getting a good score like AA on it is just lots of practice :S
Old 01-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #19
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto

Yeah... sigh. I only have one AA on my list, and it's a REALLY easy song: Kind Lady. I've came to close pass MaxX, but that's about it.
Tsuteto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #20
tnyhwk900
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to tnyhwk900

I can AA rnp with 40ish greats with no bar, but I still can't pass psmo. :<