Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #41
TheEvilHobo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilHobo Send a message via Yahoo to TheEvilHobo
Default Re: X-Play failed Shadow the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer
Morgan Webb is a lot hotter than the blonde haired bimbo who hosts Filter.Where the hell is Diane Mizota? -_-
I agree, plus why the hell did they hire whoever they hired to host Cheat? I seriously hate that show now only because of her.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #42
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I just watched X-Play's New Super Mario Bros. review. They criticized it for being "repetitive." IT'S A ****ING 2-D SIDESCROLLER, MAN. I guess they should've added in something to eliminate that flaw, right? Like.. oh, I've got it! GUNS![/Shadow the Hedgehog]

I like watching X-Play. The reviews are witty. Too bad it just lost any credibility I still gave it after seeing the Beatmania review.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:50 AM   #43
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

SMB2 being a dream isn't a spoiler. The instruction booklet and the game intro both mention it explicitly.

Also, everyone knows that it's just Doki Doki Panic with the graphics changed.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 06-12-2006, 05:30 AM   #44
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Who reads the instructions anyway? All I knew when I was playing that at 6 was d-pad moves, A jumps, Be picks up guys. No futher instruction needed. Yes I did know it was from a Japanese game (thought I didn't know the name) but it's still plays fine to me. Maybe I'm just odd. Let's go with that.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #45
laughsitup2005
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to laughsitup2005

As they said in the review of Shadow. X-play really sucks. They have no idea what to do whatsoever with the rating franchise. Adam sessler and Morgan Webb just does not mix. (True, they fight alot of the time.)And the only thing more racist on that review is to black people.

I wonder what his face really looks like?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #46
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughsitup2005
As they said in the review of Shadow. X-play really sucks. They have no idea what to do whatsoever with the rating franchise. Adam sessler and Morgan Webb just does not mix. (True, they fight alot of the time.)And the only thing more racist on that review is to black people.
Sentence 1: Huh.
Sentence 2: Okay.
Sentence 3: What the hell is the "rating franchise"?
Sentence 4: Acting is fun.
Sentence 5 (?) : See Sentence 4.
Sentence 6: LOL racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo
Oh BTW Nintendo Power is the worst source for game reviews on the planet. I don't know why the hell it's marked as a source that counts towards the average. They gave this and Sonic Riders an 8 wtf
I do agree that Nintendo Power doesn't give very good reviews. But I'm a subscriber, and they give me stuff =D

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #47
nivogirl
FFR Player

Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are dissing Shadow the hedgehog just because he is black, which I find that racist. If they did a review on a video game named Silver the Hedgehog, they would of given it a better review because Silver is white. They don't even tell the whole story of what goes on in the game and they start to say bad things about a game even before they finished the game. They never mentoned anything about Super Shadow because they did not want to be fair to anyone who was watching them.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #48
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivogirl
Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are dissing Shadow the hedgehog just because he is black, which I find that racist. If they did a review on a video game named Silver the Hedgehog, they would of given it a better review because Silver is white. They don't even tell the whole story of what goes on in the game and they start to say bad things about a game even before they finished the game. They never mentoned anything about Super Shadow because they did not want to be fair to anyone who was watching them.
OR the game sucked. Which it did. And I doubt they were spreading racist propoganda.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #49
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivogirl

Haha.

They said nothing of ANYTHING about what color Shadow is. The joke was that the bad guys in the are black. In short, they were jokingly saying that the game producers were being racist.

Also, as I said before, Super varients of characters are not something which can make a game which sucks be worth playing. If anything, it should TAKE AWAY from gameplay, in the same way that using a gameshark to have invincibility or other cheats would.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #50
laughsitup2005
FFR Player

Well, cheats do take the fun out of games, but to the point where it gets so devestating that you are only allowed 1hp and your opponent is invincible and you are left to die where you will end up a game over, then that takes the fun out of beating it. You want a game simple enough to beat with out ever having to use cheats while having the challenge of the controls.

For example, take Pokemon. If you get a level 100 Mewtwo. Do you instantly win? No you don't. All it takes is one move to destroy a Mewtwo if you are lucky.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #51
Ssonik
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Ssonik

i dont understand how shadow remembers this stuff if he died and is an android
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #52
Ssonik
FFR Player

Smile Re: X-Play failed Shadow the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic
XPlay is hilarious.

Morgan Webb isn't that hot.
aaaah yes morgan webb i could look at here for hours..........well not really
Old 06-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #53
laughsitup2005
FFR Player

Nice double post. Nexty time, remember to put it all at once. First of all, with sonic as a name, you should know that shadow is sonic's counterpart. The reason he was like that is because he was created from black doom. He was created in Profesor Gereald's lab (Maria's grandfather). With the help of Black Doom, he and Gereald finished a project known as Shadow the Hedgehog. That means he never died. That also means he was never an adroid either. The last thing that seems logical was that he has a heart and he intended to listen to it. His memories was when he was shot, not killed, and he completely blacked out. That was when Gereald and Doom revitalized him.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #54
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

I don't see why anyone would buy this game. But Sonic Riders is surprisingly good. No, really it is. You'd think it'd suck but it doesn't suck all that much. The only real notable problems were plot, and some controls (and Voice Acting, but that doesn't really count). The music is really, really good, and the levels and nice and do justice to Sonic games. Plus the whole, ideas with the "Extreme Gear" and how they function in game works fairly well.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #55
Grandiagod
FFR Player

And having to constantly fill up your "Air". Now that's a (not) good idea right there!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #56
Tasuke
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod
And having to constantly fill up your "Air". Now that's a (not) good idea right there!
You don't have to constantly fill up your air if you don't suck.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #57
Grandiagod
FFR Player

It definitely feels constant, because one second your zipping along, then you have to fill up.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #58
Tasuke
FFR Player

With the abundance of jumps and little air waves that you could
easily do tricks off of, tricks that will fill up a third of your air gauge
easily. It could just be you constantly using the boost. But, I don't
know.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #59
foolface06
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to foolface06 Send a message via Yahoo to foolface06

I love (LUVVV!) Sonic Riders. That is the best (and probably the only) 3D non-adventure Sonic game that has been crerated! The music is great. I don't know how they do it. That game has incredible replay value: beating all the missions, getting record times, etc. I don't like the story mode too much. My favorite character is Rouge. I go crazy over the theme for egg/ice factory. A "MUST BUY" if you were disappointed with Shadow the Hedgehog. I am a Sonic fan. I think i'm too much a fan though. I download the music from these games, and listen to it. Plus I play Sonic Mega Collection too much. Anyway, Shadow the Hedgehog was okay. It does not have enough replay value for me to go back and try to find all the endings/ other secrets. I did enjoy the backstory on shadow though. I didn't find too many problems with the camera. I just sorta dealt with it. Gotta love sonic riders though.

Am I 17?
--------------------------------------------------

All of that, and more, next time, on STFU!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:36 AM   #60
Ssonik
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughsitup2005
Nice double post. Nexty time, remember to put it all at once. First of all, with sonic as a name, you should know that shadow is sonic's counterpart. The reason he was like that is because he was created from black doom. He was created in Profesor Gereald's lab (Maria's grandfather). With the help of Black Doom, he and Gereald finished a project known as Shadow the Hedgehog. That means he never died. That also means he was never an adroid either. The last thing that seems logical was that he has a heart and he intended to listen to it. His memories was when he was shot, not killed, and he completely blacked out. That was when Gereald and Doom revitalized him.
Duh if you play the games and take time to listen to it then you will hear all this from the game sonic adventure 2 and shadow the hedgehog is about shadows memories i used to own it till my friend stole it
Closed Thread