FFR Player

Default Assassin's Creed

so who is going to buy this game?

personally i would, but i dont have ps3...it cost too much
lanindandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: Assassin's Creed

It's also coming out for the 360.

I would buy it but currently all my funds are being saved for GH3 and Rock Band. I will get it as soon as I can though, although that may be changed upon official reviews etc if they are extreme.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
Lucifericrucifix
Pathogen.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucifericrucifix

Day it comes out, for once. Didn't do it for any other game really...but it looks promising...I'm hoping it is. Also really want to play Dead Space..
"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith in God is absurd, since it is impossible to know, or understand His purpose."
Lucifericrucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
fido123
FFR Player

I've been waiting for this game for a while. Saw a preview of it and sh*t bricks. I just got to buy a 360 first lol.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

I really want to play/get this, but the whole money factor... I just got GHIII and I plan on getting Rock Band. So after that, I might take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #6
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

So now that it finally came out, who is liking the game so far?
I picked it up after school and only got to play about an hour of it, so far the storyline is great! I kind of wish i had a bigger tv to read the text though...

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Extremely overhyped. Still an okay game overall though. Worth the purchase.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
Xapti
FFR Player

It seemed like quite an interesting game, form the little I heard about it.
I might try it out when it comes onto the PC.

I recently got to see lots more about it, and from what I saw, it was very cool, but gameplay was mixed bag.
The huge area is awesome, the diverse ways goals can be achieved is also good. I don't think there's much branching of plot though... like while you have different ways to achieve goals, you can't do completely different goals and end up with different endings, can you?

The biggest problem with the game seemed to be the horrible combat. Considering how often combat occurs, I thought It would Be TONS more advanced than it is. Everything's automatic and silly. The whole combat system is a joke. I hear It's 1 button fighting, I also noticed that enemies essentially only engage you one at a time... which is so unrealistic and dumb. Also when you take hits, you don't take much damage, which is pretty suprizing for a game which uses so much stealth. The combat looks really cool (except for when fightning multiple opponents one or more just stand there), and there's some cool moves, but it's all automatic, which is dumb. I also don't see much diversity in enemy attacks which is also unfortunate.

Another problem is that the camera doesn't seem to great. It's a little annoying sometimes in corners or right areas like alleys, small rooms, and such.

Lastly, I don't think there's any dialogue control? I think that's one of the biggest let downs... it's kind of related to the non-linear complaint as before... in such an immersive environment, it's really lousy when you can't actually role play the character.

Like potentially the game is awesome... but the huge flop on combat, and the other problems mentioned (mainly non-linearity) makes it a very mediocre game.

It reminds me quite a bit of a computer game called outcast (which is a fantastic single player game). Same style of game in almost every way, just different story (and the combat is exclusively ranged)
Xapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Pros: Roaming and climbing and jumping all over the city.

Cons: Everything else.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #10
RubiedCross
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RubiedCross

This disappoints me greatly, as I was expecting wonders from this game.

Myself, I probably won't review it quite as bad, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play it. Hopefully it won't be such a let down.

Then again, maybe that's why I found no pre-release reviews. How unfortunate.
RubiedCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I expected this game to be utter ****. I played it for a while at my friends and while it was better than I expected it was still crap. As Xapti said, the combat was horrible.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
arsonistsgetallthegirls
FFR Player

sooooo gald i purchased a coat instead.

[Trust me, This user is your friend.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeron View Post
Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
Wait, What?
arsonistsgetallthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
XPYRYMYNT
...just call me Eli
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XPYRYMYNT

Yeahhhh... Hopefully Mass Effect will be better.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

It's worth a rent. I personally gave up on games without a multiplayer.. I liked spending $60 on something I know I'll play much more than just a few days.

Assassin's Creed has great graphics, and a fairly large free roaming environment. But to say it's repetative is an understatement. Your mission is: Go to this place, learn about this guy, then kill this guy. But the variety of things you do when you go to this place is very linear. You'll either sit on a bench listening to people, grabbing something from their pockets, or beatting the hell out of them with your fists.

There is a bit of a change when you talk to the informers.. then it goes to find these guys and kill them or get all these flags within a certain time limit.

Aside from the Combat, and the repetativeness of it all, I'm finding that Assassin's Creed has an intriguing storyline. The biggest twist of the game could have been more hidden than thrown in your face in the first 2 minutes, but ah well. The story is the only reason I'm still playing through the game. I want to see what happens damnit. All in all, I'm glad I didn't buy it. The game will take about 10ish hours to complete depending on how much you do, but I can't justify paying $60 for a game you'll finish that quick and whose replay is grabbing flags for achievements.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
RubiedCross
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RubiedCross

Well, I just played it at my friend's house today, and IMO it was a pretty good game.

Graphics wise, the game was amazing, or as far as I know. I myself still have my good old PS2, so I'm not used to amazing graphics (other than Shadow of the Colossus).

Fighting wise, it's not as good as I thought it would be. They made the fighting way easier than it should have been, especially adding the automatic 2 second kills. I expected the fighting to be way harder, if not impossible, from what I heard of the game. It is still pretty amusing to fight though, so that doesn't really down my view of the game.

Storyline. My friend had already gone through the intro and stuff like that, and he basically told me to avoid the missions, so I didn't get too far into the storyline. I did notice quite a bit of repetition though. That did down it a bit, but the storyline itself was still pretty good. I did notice quite a view parts where the speaking was exactly the same, and then you just filled in the blanks with info collected. I did like the short-scenes where you would listen to people talk, but I'm sure that the replay values of those are basically dead. I would love to see the end though, so I'll probably go over to my friend's house all the time and just beat it for him.

In my overall view of the game, it was pretty good. Not as good as I imagined, but it's still very good. I myself love the open environment, and would spend tons of time just going around and wasting time. I would spend $60 on it, if I had a Xbox or PS3, but I'm sure other people don't like spending 2 hours walking around a huge environment randomly killing people to see if you could get away with it though.

Hope this helps.
RubiedCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #16
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

It's $80 in Canada, and about 10-20 hours long.

Hell fucking no. Borrowing this when my friend is done.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 AM   #17
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

After playing for a while with the Combat side of it (read as trying out -everything-) I really like the combat. Sure it's easy, but that doesn't make it necessarily bad. It's just simple as hell.

The fighting breaks down into attacking, counter attacking, and some dodging for those of you that like to dodge and combo attack instead of just countering the damn thing. The enemy will guard break the hell out of you if you stay in guard too long, but then all you have to do is run around to gain your health back. Personally, I would have made it so that you couldn't gain your health back unless you had at least broken the line of sight (explosed, but not seen). Would have made combat a bit harder. At least then you wouldn't be able to run in circles until your health got back up.

If you're in for a counter style of gameplay, while in 'fight mode', use the hidden knife. While using the hidden knife, you can't block any attacks.. but your counter attacks are instant kills. In addition to this, if you see an enemy cowering, or taunting, release off the block and attack to assassinate them. It's actually my favorite way of fighting in this game. But then again, I really hated having my guard get broken and I don't have to worry about that in this style.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

this game looks fun but sounds too short to make an investment in a 360 for just one game

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #19
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

I'd suggest not buying it, but renting it. And it's by no means a system seller.

That doesn't mean that it's bad, oh hell no. I just value replayability as a chief factor among games. If you're spending $60 on something, you're going to want to play it a hell of a long time. Assassin's Creed just doesn't have much replayability. Unless finding flags is replayability.

Also: They leave room for a second and possibly a third. Making a game a triliogy is so in this millenia.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #20
gamergx4
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to gamergx4

There is nothin to say bout the game other then.......GAME OF THE YEAR!!
gamergx4 is offline   Reply With Quote