Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #241
jgano
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jgano
Default Re: The FFR Crossword Event!

I was able to finish 2 of them. Just missing one word for people and a few words for trivia.

EDIT: Got the people one, too. Don't know if I'll get the trivia one though.
Best AAA's: OVERklock, Mario Minor, Paraclete, FFLBF, Shatterscape, Spaceman, Pitch Black, Requiem -Dies irae-, Queen of Bootlegs

Last edited by jgano; 04-19-2013 at 09:28 PM..
jgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #242
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Was able to finish terms and people, then I just stopped because I realised that everyone already finished lmao.

EDIT: I honestly feel pretty bad for not being able to help.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 04-19-2013 at 09:17 PM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #243
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

I tried so hard to access the puzzle and participate with my team.
I'm really sorry guys. :/

I feel like I abandoned some really great friends of mine on this one. I just couldn't get anything to work.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #244
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle

Terry and I (Bluearrowll) Have teamed up.

EDIT: Crap I missed the deadline? :l Lame.
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #245
jgano
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jgano

I was wondering: for those who definitely got the FFR terms crossword right, did the screen go blank for you? Because I'm certain I got all the words right, but the screen doesn't change.
Best AAA's: OVERklock, Mario Minor, Paraclete, FFLBF, Shatterscape, Spaceman, Pitch Black, Requiem -Dies irae-, Queen of Bootlegs
jgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #246
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
I tried so hard to access the puzzle and participate with my team.
I'm really sorry guys. :/

I feel like I abandoned some really great friends of mine on this one. I just couldn't get anything to work.
Awww, it's okay! I know you tried your best to make it, and that's all that matters. Glad we could be on the same team since I hadn't talked to ya in a while. ^.^

I think we have everything done; just waiting for confirmation from foxfire. Thanks for holding the event -- it must have been really stressful dealing with all these issues x.x

EDIT: @jgano: We were having problems with the FFR Terms one as well; you're not the only one.

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #247
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgano View Post
I was wondering: for those who definitely got the FFR terms crossword right, did the screen go blank for you? Because I'm certain I got all the words right, but the screen doesn't change.
had the same problem, i think its just a bug.
storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #248
ce1545
One Truth Prevails
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ce1545 Send a message via MSN to ce1545 Send a message via Yahoo to ce1545 Send a message via Skype™ to ce1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
Done. We were stuck on one of the clues literally for about 45 minutes. asdfjklsdfj

Edit: ce1545 did not show.
I'm here. Just got home from work.
ce1545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #249
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Had a feeling I would miss everything..
Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #250
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Holy crap that was intense.

I FINALLY caught up with you guys, and places are pretty much locked in (just waiting for a couple personal messages though regarding some leeway).

When the event is officially over, I'll tally things up and I'll conjure up some bonuses for this atrocity lol. Glad to hear a lot of you still had fun despite all of the issues though, pretty much everything went wrong that could have.

EDIT: Time's up! Going to compare those who submitted the answers with their respective teams (or just them if they played solo), and get that all sorted out.

Last edited by foxfire667; 04-20-2013 at 12:04 AM..
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #251
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

The crossword appears blank for me right now, looks like by some of the comments this is a known issue.. let me know when fixed so I can start the crossword ##
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #252
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
The crossword appears blank for me right now, looks like by some of the comments this is a known issue.. let me know when fixed so I can start the crossword ##
Uhh this sort of got out of hand, but this event ended as soon as 4/20 came around server time. I apologize because this isn't in the op, but it is in the same post as the link to the crossword, so you would have seen it if you have access to the puzzle.

Tons of stupid crap happened during this event that was out of my control (the inability to use the crossword once soever is one of those ridiculous issues). Some people got it to work by using firefox, but still that was unacceptable. Also the winning splash screen was glitched, and turned blank if you filled it in properly, so everyone had to send me pms so I could manually check the accuracy. This thing was tested multiple times a while back, and a few people were able to complete it then glitch free. I have no idea what brought on all of the crazy issues, and there really wasn't any time to fix them (or people here to do so).
Old 04-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #253
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Uhh this sort of got out of hand, but this event ended as soon as 4/20 came around server time. I apologize because this isn't in the op, but it is in the same post as the link to the crossword, so you would have seen it if you have access to the puzzle.

Tons of stupid crap happened during this event that was out of my control (the inability to use the crossword once soever is one of those ridiculous issues). Some people got it to work by using firefox, but still that was unacceptable. Also the winning splash screen was glitched, and turned blank if you filled it in properly, so everyone had to send me pms so I could manually check the accuracy. This thing was tested multiple times a while back, and a few people were able to complete it then glitch free. I have no idea what brought on all of the crazy issues, and there really wasn't any time to fix them (or people here to do so).
My bad I read this as it would finish 23 hours from now, oh well maybe next time. Neat idea!
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #254
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

It was really fun foxfire! You should totally do another one of these!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #255
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
My bad I read this as it would finish 23 hours from now, oh well maybe next time. Neat idea!
Thanks, it was a pretty interesting concept that we had a bit of fun putting together. Too bad all of this happened.

For those who submitted puzzles during the event, here are your stats!

Team 1: justin_ator, funmonkey54, Elite Ninja, kjwkjw, storn42 (FFR People 8th, FFR Terms 8th, Song names 8th, FFR Trivia 2nd)
Nazai: noname219, SC_coolguy44, Dynam0, ___________, yo man im awesome (FFR People 2nd, FFR Terms 2nd, Song names 3rd, FFR Trivia 3rd)
Team 3: samurai7694, alloyus, ~Zeta~, arcnmx, EzExZeRo7497 (FFR People 1st, FFR Terms 1st, Song names 5th, FFR Trivia 6th)
気持ちいい.: Mourningfall, Fluvs, RNGRX, retching oesophagus (FFR People 6th, Song names 10th
Team 5: ce1545, loop123456, U.N. Owen, ShadyJakey (FFR People 7th, FFR Terms 3rd, Song names 1st, FFR Trivia 7th)
Team 6: DayMan951, cedolad, DarkManticoreX2, Tidus810, xlonenobodyx (FFR People 4th, FFR Terms 4th, Song names 2nd, FFR Trivia 8th)
Team 7: reuben_tate, thesunfan, 25thhour, dancepeopledance (FFR People 3rd, FFR Terms 5th, Song names 4th, FFR Trivia 5th)
Solo player: qqwerf (FFR People 5th, FFR Terms 6th, Song names 6th, FFR Trivia 1st)
Solo player: jgano (FFR People 9th, FFR Terms 7th, Song names 7th,
Solo player: mRpREggERs (FFR People 10th, Song names 9th)
Solo player: Guest15937 (FFR Trivia 4th)

I've been straight up replying to your messages for several hours now, and I'm tired as hell right now. I added you guys to a list and replied to everything one by one, but if somehow I missed you, post here that I did and show me the pm you sent before the event ended. Since those who won them wouldn't get their tokens until as early as tomorrow anyway (and because I'm far too tired to do math right now) I'll make out the credit totals when I wake up in the morning.

Feel free to post some suggestions on credit bonuses I should give out for dealing with the various bull crap that sprang from this event.

PS (to 25thhour): The crossword event idea actually is quite nice. Although if we do this another time, we'll go with less major glitches and pitfalls of terrible luck. That would be great.

Last edited by foxfire667; 04-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: noname was listed in the wrong spot whoops
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #256
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Thanks, it was a pretty interesting concept that we had a bit of fun putting together. Too bad all of this happened.

For those who submitted puzzles during the event, here are your stats!

Team 1: justin_ator, funmonkey54, Elite Ninja, kjwkjw, storn42 (FFR People 8th, FFR Terms 8th, Song names 8th, FFR Trivia 2nd)
Nazai: noname219, SC_coolguy44, Dynam0, ___________, yo man im awesome (FFR People 2nd, FFR Terms 2nd
Team 3: samurai7694, alloyus, ~Zeta~, arcnmx, EzExZeRo7497 (FFR People 1st, FFR Terms 1st, Song names 5th, FFR Trivia 6th)
気持ちいい.: Mourningfall, Fluvs, RNGRX, retching oesophagus (FFR People 6th, Song names 10th
Team 5: ce1545, loop123456, U.N. Owen, ShadyJakey (FFR People 7th, FFR Terms 3rd, Song names 1st, FFR Trivia 7th)
Team 6: DayMan951, cedolad, DarkManticoreX2, Tidus810, xlonenobodyx (FFR People 4th, FFR Terms 4th, Song names 2nd, FFR Trivia 8th)
Team 7: reuben_tate, thesunfan, 25thhour, dancepeopledance (FFR People 3rd, FFR Terms 5th, Song names 4th, FFR Trivia 5th)
Solo player: qqwerf (FFR People 5th, FFR Terms 6th, Song names 6th, FFR Trivia 1st)
Solo player: jgano (FFR People 9th, FFR Terms 7th, Song names 7th,
Solo player: mRpREggERs (FFR People 10th, Song names 9th)
Solo player: Guest15937 (FFR Trivia 4th)
Solo player: noname219 (Song names 3rd, FFR Trivia 3rd)

I've been straight up replying to your messages for several hours now, and I'm tired as hell right now. I added you guys to a list and replied to everything one by one, but if somehow I missed you, post here that I did and show me the pm you sent before the event ended. Since those who won them wouldn't get their tokens until as early as tomorrow anyway (and because I'm far too tired to do math right now) I'll make out the credit totals when I wake up in the morning.

Feel free to post some suggestions on credit bonuses I should give out for dealing with the various bull crap that sprang from this event.

PS (to 25thhour): The crossword event idea actually is quite nice. Although if we do this another time, we'll go with less major glitches and pitfalls of terrible luck. That would be great.
really hyped about getting 2nd for trivia, really happy to get that token the extra cash is really nice too :P
storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #257
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Wow we actually managed to get a good enough placement for tokens (finally can get TWWW)! :3

Thanks for the event and all the hard work and thanks to my team for the fun we had solving these puzzles ^^

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 04-20-2013 at 02:57 AM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #258
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Cool! We did good guys! Considering sun and I had no idea for most of them :P
Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #259
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Darn, two places away from getting a special token
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #260
dancepeopledance
FFR Player

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry for missing it. Internet went down for most of the day.

It's prefectly OK if you don't include me in the prizes. Completely goofed up there. Looks like my team still did kinda well though. Congrats
dancepeopledance is offline   Reply With Quote