Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Stiffness in Hands

I work at a computer for my day job, and spend a fair amount of my leisure time on my laptop as well. I've noticed though that sometimes my hands will stiffen up towards the end of a day. Given that I'm at least a months practice away from being where I was in FFR skill anyways, I haven't been playing because my hands stiffen up. Even playing starcraft for a couple hours can make my hands cramp. I revisited diablo 2 recently and decided to play with an autoclicker to save my hands a bit.

Anyone else have any advise for me? Should I be doing hand stretches or something? My main job is a desk job and I side gig as a saxophone player, and I'm worried I'll drive myself into health problems in my hands.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Stiffness in Hands

It really depends on what you mean by stiffness. Like you can't move the fingers/hand goes kinda num or just a dull pain liken unto when you feel stiff in your neck/back?

If first you need to have a doctor look at that shit my man. Possible sign of diabetes/blood flow problems.

If second then possibly carpel tunnel. If so you need to be giving it rest and not stretching before going back to your normal output. You may also choose to have a doctor look at it but avoiding extended use is 100% what it is going to boil down to.

Keep us inform

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 12-23-2017 at 04:15 PM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #3
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

More like a dull pain after, I've just been a whole lot more conscious about it lately. Unfortunately, I'm going from having a good Health Care plan with copays and deductibles, to a shit health insurance plan that doesn't cover anything until $6,000 is spent, effective January 1st, so routine doctor visits are out of the question. $6,000 is six weeks of my take home pay too, so I'm not a happy camper.

The best part? This new shit plan is 10% more expensive than last years decent plan. The old plan went up 90% in one year.

God I love America's health care system.

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 12-23-2017 at 10:00 PM..
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I'm not a doctor buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Sounds like carpel tunnel to me. You need to not be using it for awhile if so.

If your job depends on typing well you might have to eat a doctor's visit so you don't over do it without any help.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote