Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #21
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Oh ..duh

well how bout these

7. A prisoner is told "If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you." What can he say to save himself?

8. The two sons of an Arab sheik were overwhelmingly proud of their own camels. When the sheik died he left instructions in his will that the two sons have a camel race. "The son whose camel comes in second in a race from here to Baghdad shall inherit my entire fortune," the will read. The two sons started to race at full speed but gradually slowed down and stopped, not knowing what to do. After several days the two sons were moving at such a slow pace that it appeared neither would ever reach Baghdad. Not knowing what to do they, knocked on the door of a shack they had come across. Inside lived a wise man. The two sons told the wise man of their troubles and showed him the will's instructions. After studying the document for several minutes, the wise man looked up and uttered two words. The two sons thought for a second and then ran outside, jumped on the camels, and raced as fast as they could all the way to Baghdad. What was the advice the wise man gave them?

9. A bus driver goes the wrong way down a one-way street. An on-duty traffic policeman sees him and smiles but does nothing. Why?

10. A man who lives on the 19th floor of an apartment building gets in the elevator and goes down every day and off to work. When he comes home he gets in the elevator but gets off at the 12th floor and walks up the rest of the way. Why?

11. Can you place five identical, round coins so that each one of them touches each other one at the same time?

12. You want to find out how quickly your friend rides from home to work on his bicycle. However, you don't have a vehicle, so he is faster than you. You cannot be both at the starting point and at the finishing point of the trip, and you don't trust him enough in this important matter. You and your friend both have stopwatches. How can you reliably measure the time in which your friend can ride to work? (You have to measure a one-way trip, two-way isn't good enough? even though it is uphill and against the wind both ways, a two-way trip is a longer route.

13. What digits will come to the next row? Placement of digits on row is not significant, and discovering the solution does not require any special mathematical knowledge.

?

14. You are in a dungeon. There are only two ways out: door number one and door number two. One door you know leads to freedom. However, behind the other door lurks a ferocious dragon who will tear you to shreds if you open the door. Unfortunately, you don't know which door is which. In the room with you are two robots. One is programmed to answer your questions completely truthfully and the other is programmed to lie to you. Unfortunately, again, you don't know which is which. The ferocious dragon is becoming anxious and any second it will break down whichever door it is behind. If this happens you have no chance of survival. Therefore, you have only enough time for one question. You walk up to one of the two robots. What can you ask it that will allow you to know which door to open?
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:30 PM   #22
ROCKETs
FFR Player

heres to the first three, dont have time to read the others yet:

7)the guy should ask a question ( like " could you spare me my life?"), as that is telling nothing, just asking
8)switch camels, so the owner of the camel will be on the other guy's camel, so whoever gets there first wins
9)the bus driver isn't driving, he's just walking on the sidewalk or something

i dunno if any of these are right, but make sense to me

-rockets
Old 02-10-2004, 06:34 PM   #23
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

7 wrong
8 right
9 right
Old 02-10-2004, 08:27 PM   #24
ROCKETs
FFR Player

10) he can only reach up to the 12th floor button ^_^
11) yea easy, just stand them upright, and make what kindof looks like flower petals (all meet at the center)
13) dunno, i would just attach one of those excercise moniter things to the bike, doubt that's the answer though
12) pretty sure next should be 122111
14) ask a robot if the other robots door is the one to "freedom"
Old 02-10-2004, 11:24 PM   #25
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

yes
i forogt
no
no
no
Old 02-10-2004, 11:29 PM   #26
Dark_Mind
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Mind Send a message via MSN to Dark_Mind Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Mind

11) 4 flat on a surface touching eachother, one on top of those 4 in the center.

14) If you were your other wich would you say the safe door is.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:33 PM   #27
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

No

No
Old 02-11-2004, 02:41 AM   #28
squarebear
FFR Music Producers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

7) The prisoner should say "you are going to hang me". If they hang him then he has told the truth and if they shoot him then he has told a lie. Either way is opposite of what the guard says and so they can do nothing.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #29
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

13. 111221

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #30
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarebear
7) The prisoner should say "you are going to hang me". If they hang him then he has told the truth and if they shoot him then he has told a lie. Either way is opposite of what the guard says and so they can do nothing.
Yes, exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
13. 111221
Yes, and there is one more row of digits you can get, any guesses?

Also I rememberd the coin one. Any goes on it?
Old 02-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #31
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

312211 is the next row..

Old 02-11-2004, 01:11 PM   #32
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

11) the coin trick sounds simple.. but its probably not.. but here it goes.. just place one circle down, then lay the other 4 circles in circular form around the edges of the center circle..

14) you would ask either door "what would the other door say if i asked it which is the door to freedom"... the truth door would point to the lieing door, the lieing door would point to itself... then you just pick the door that wasn't the answer to the question you asked..

*EDIT*
Keep it in the family
Despite smudging his freshly drawn family tree, Ash could work out who his grandmother was.
Can you?

Old 02-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #33
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

14)Ask, "If you were the other robot, which door would you tell me leads to the dragon?" Which ever door that robot points to, you choose the other door. You see, if you are talking to the lying robot, he would lie and point to the door that leads to freedom. If you are talking to the truthful robot, he would truthfully tell you the false door that the lying robot would have told you.

So I guess your right.

Oh and I cant figure it out. It like impossible.