Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-4-2009, 06:07 PM   #1841
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: World of Warcraft (Authenticating)

The realm status page on the official site has a very large chunk of servers still down. Not sure if it shows every realm or just US realms though.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 06:16 PM   #1842
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Mine is up, but it doesn't work at all.

I somehow managed to finish part 1 of the mount quest for the raptor, but then I hearthed. It didn't work. So I used my other hearth (shaman have 2). Didn't work. So I rode over to Gadgetzan. No NPCs. Can't fly away. So I log out. Doesn't work. Still sitting there. Still talking to /1. Nothing else works.

How do they manage to screw up patches so much?
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 07:53 PM   #1843
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Cleared the Heroic 5-man. The jousting portion can be difficult if your party members aren't good at the jousting dailies. Everything else is simple enough.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 09:58 PM   #1844
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

I took two screen shots of the new Bear and Cat forms for the Tauren Druids.

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...earnewform.jpg

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...sc/CATFORM.jpg

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 10:16 PM   #1845
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

You're playing at the wrong aspect ratio bill. Go for a widescreen resolution.
Old 08-4-2009, 11:02 PM   #1846
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

I don't wanna sound like an idiot, but what? 0_0
I just zoomed it in, that's all. o.o

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Old 08-4-2009, 11:17 PM   #1847
Necamus
FFR Player

He's saying you're playing on a widescreen monitor or laptop, but the game is rendering the screen under the impression you're on a normal ratio monitor.

Go to video options and there will be a screen resolution setting. Choose one of the widescreen resolutions (they're clearly marked).

Essentially, your character will look less fat.
Old 08-4-2009, 11:19 PM   #1848
Grandiagod
FFR Player

You're playing the game at a 4:3 aspect ratio (aka a square screen) but from those screenshots it would appear that you have a widescreen monitor (16:9 ratio).

Go into WoW video options and set your resolution to something with a (widescreen) tacked onto the end of it. It'll make it so your game doesn't look stretched horizontally like it does now.

edit - ****ing ninja'd
Old 08-5-2009, 12:27 AM   #1849
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Oh! Thanks guys. <3

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Old 08-5-2009, 03:19 AM   #1850
hazz995
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hazz995 Send a message via Skype™ to hazz995

EU realms wont be online for at least another 3 hours I want to get on my pally an laugh at everyone who complains about ret being nerfed. People take their class for granted these days...
hazz995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 05:42 AM   #1851
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Everyone has one class they absolutely love to death. For me, it's a Druid. <3

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Old 08-5-2009, 07:11 AM   #1852
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Whew, what a day.

I signed off in the four rare raptor spawn locations so I could log in and get them. Turns out they all despawned. I couldn't log in much anyway, so it was moot.

After about 6 hours of login failures or short stays online, I finally got on my druid and looked behind her to see the Razormaw Matriach, who drops the Razormaw Hatchling. Killer her and looted. 7 minutes later, I died, but I finally picked up what loot she had, which included the pet. Then I got disconnected. MISSION COMPLETE.

The servers were still bad but I figured battlegrounds would be OK since they're instanced. This was true for a while, but then they got bad. They stopped letting people leave battlegrounds once they finished.

I had an idea, but I had it too late. I queued up for the 5 pre-3.2 BGs (aka everything other than Isle of Conquest) and though I couldn't fight, they typically ended in spectacular wins or losses. Mostly losses. I did get one of the hardest BG achievements: A Perfect Storm (win 1600-0 in Eye of the Storm). I basically zoned in to see that there were 11 horde and 1 alliance and we had all 4 bases and won. 2 seconds I was in there, really. However, the game considered me there the whole time, even though I was still in Dalaran.

Saw the Alliance get a perfect 1600-0 in AB. Almost had a 6-minute win in AV, since it was 40-1, but they had some people queue in at the last second. Then the servers started being playable, so I lost all my chance at that. Then I decided to just play Isle of Conquest while nobody had a clue what they were doing and go for the 'screw the team i want achievements' achievements. I got 8/12 IoC achievements today (missing 100 wins, obviously. I'll get the other 3 after maintenance--25 disarms, kills with the Glaive Thrower, and Turret kills).

It's a kickass battleground.

Anyway, somewhere along the evening I also did the new Heroic. Found out it drops ilv219 gear. WHAT?! Why?! Ugh. The worst (or best) part is that it's itemized better than Uld10 loot. That basically makes all of our Uld10 work meaningless. Sheesh.

Did all the new dailies too. They're all a waste of time.
Old 08-5-2009, 07:22 AM   #1853
ssgoku42_00
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ssgoku42_00

ok its official tauren druids are ugly as hell

2nd Place Can You Beat The Dragons_Fury team members tourney
3rd Place Dragons_Fury tournament novice division

ssgoku42_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 09:26 AM   #1854
hazz995
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hazz995 Send a message via Skype™ to hazz995

I'm having login trouble now :/ Somehow I feel this is going to be a fail.
hazz995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2009, 07:19 AM   #1855
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Time for complaints.

First and foremost, just like I predicted. "Additional instances cannot be launched, please try again later." It's like there's not even a point in playing if you're just jumping at a portal for half an hour.

Second, the new 5-man. Lots of complaints here. Let's do a list for this one.

1) Jousting. I'm good at it, but that doesn't mean I like it. It was stupid when it came out and it's stupid now.

2) Three hour introductions. It was fun the first time. It's not fun anymore. Get rid of it. Nobody cares to sit through five minutes of dialogue.

3) No time between. You spend all this time getting these people off their mounts and trampled. Finally, you get the last one down. Then you're dismounted and one-shot before you even realize that the fight isn't over. Even if you know it's coming, you're one-shot because your druid tank has to change weapons and then shapeshift before even trying to pull adds off of you. This was REALLY well-planned, Blizzard.

4) Way too hard for a heroic. I'm not saying we lose, but you're classifying it as a heroic dungeon. I've done all of the BC dungeons and they're all pretty much exactly the same difficulty on heroic, even Magister's Terrace, which came far later into the expansion as this dungeon did. This dungeon is a nightmare, and I cannot imagine a normal heroics pug could handle it.

5) The loot is far too good. I wouldn't normally complain about something like this, but seriously, come on. You've completely invalidated Ulduar 10. 10-man raiding guilds feel like their time spent in Ulduar was just voided. This isn't about Emblems of Conquest buying you two pieces of tier 8. This is about dropping weapons, rings, trinkets, and armor that far outclasses all the terribly-itemized loot from Ulduar-10. I have four upgrades in that Heroic over what I could get in Ulduar-10. That's just sad.

Now the raid.

1) IT'S WAY TOO DAMN HARD. If anyone here even hasn't tried it yet, I'd recommend not bothering until they nerf / fix it. Basically, this guy will run out and smash your tank for about as much damage as Vezax. He will also Impale your tanks, and it stacks. About 2k damage a second per stack. Even when your offtank taunts off, the main tank is taking 6,000 damage a second. Any ranged people need to be at range because he does a slam 15 yards around him that interrupts you. And here's the fun part! He throws enemies onto the ranged people's heads. So you're at range and you get a Snobold on your head as a healer. Guess what? You just lost the encounter due to random number generation, because you're no longer allowed to heal. Snobolds randomly interrupt your spellcasting, daze you, etc. He throws four of them, and your DPS has roughly 10 seconds to kill them between each throw. All while moving away from the fires on the ground.

Here's the best part. You'd better hope you survive all of that with everybody alive and at full mana, because then PHASE TWO begins, where you're fighting two Jormangers. Our healers were completely OOM trying to heal through Impale and we had 2 people dead, including the main tank who died twice. And there's a phase 3 too.

Took us four tries to get Gormok down and we thought that would be the end of it. Once we realized it wasn't, we laughed and gave up right away.

Now the Battleground.

1) If you take the Hangar, you win. Almost 90% of the time, the team that takes the Hangar first wins. There's simply nothing that compares to 20+ people dropping bombs on the main gate. Not even the Siege Engine, which spawns far too late, can break the gate as fast as bombs. If you get the majority of your raid inside the enemy base, you basically won and the other team should just give up. They have no hope of defending against bomb spammers, even if they can get the entire team back on defense (which they never do). Gate falls in 2 minutes and the boss goes down in 30 seconds. BG over.

2) The achievements are a joke. Achievements are supposed to be a range of easy and difficult. You can get about 6 of the achievements for Isle of Conquest in one run. They're so damn simple. I'm completely done with the exception of the 100 wins achievement. Not even close with any other battleground in the list for Battlemaster. I think that some achievements shouldn't be part of Battlemaster because they're too hard, like the 1600-1590 win in AB or the 6-minute AV, but this is just a gimme.

Also mad because of all the bugs. So many things bugged. How the hell do they manage to mess it up so badly? I used to cancel Death Grip with Grounding Totem in battlegrounds against DKs. DG will still pull against my Grounding Totem and destroy it, but I still get yanked somehow. That defeats the purpose of Grounding Totem and gets me killed 100% of the time against DKs. It was my only weapon to keep myself at range, and now I have nothing. And they still have the insanely overpowered Anti-Magic Shell, which basically means they're immune to everything I can do, both offensively and defensively, while they obliterate me. Of course that's not all. A bunch of us are getting randomly disconnected. Often. The annoying-ass Totem Bar pops up every time I hearth, change zones, zone in to a dungeon, change specs, swap out a piece of gear, or basically breathe on the screen. And the ONLY way to make it go away is to make a script Macro that you bind to a button you feel comfortable slamming repeatedly because you will see that goddamn giant-ass bar pop up 100 times a day right in the ****ing center of your ****ing screen.

Last edited by Squeek; 08-7-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Old 08-7-2009, 07:32 AM   #1856
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
4) Way too hard for a heroic. I'm not saying we lose, but you're classifying it as a heroic dungeon. I've done all of the BC dungeons and they're all pretty much exactly the same difficulty on heroic, even Magister's Terrace, which came far later into the expansion as this dungeon did. This dungeon is a nightmare, and I cannot imagine a normal heroics pug could handle it.
You facerolled all BC heroics at 80, I wouldn't call that "doing them". Hard heroics are good. If more heroics were hard then I could actually get a group of intelligent people as opposed to mouth breathing 13 year olds that make chuck norris jokes and spam their DPS macros at anything with a health bar. You seriously have no idea what constitutes a "hard" heroic.

And a sense of accomplishment would be nice as well. When I did killed Kael in HMGT for the first time I'd already had 5-6 groups fall apart before even getting to his trash. (pre HMGT nerf) I cleared 3 heriocs my first 5 hours at 80 as my warrior tank, the most gear dependent class/spec/role in the game. And this was all in quest reward greens and AH blues.

Last edited by Grandiagod; 08-7-2009 at 07:36 AM..
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2009, 07:36 AM   #1857
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

With regards to the Lore question of this raid:

Tirion: Mr. Hero my friend, come here. How was your day?

Player: Well, me and a premade went to the Blacksmith in WSG and, like, they don't speak good English right, and so my buddy gets yelled at, and he goes 'he, quit hassling me cause I don't play perfect or whatever,' and the other guy goes something in 'leet-speak, and I go 'um, just back off' and he goes 'get out' and I go 'make me'. It was awesome.

Tirion: (trying to hide contempt)
Fascinating. What are your plans for this month?

Player: Thought I'd stay in the battlegrounds. There's a good BG dropping in the patch.

Tirion: And that's how you want to spend your playtime, is it?

Player: Yeah. What?

ANGLE ON A PANEL OF BUTTONS THAT HAS EVERYONE'S NAMES ON IT.
TIRION'S HAND HOVERS OVER THE BUTTON LABELED "Player." Paletress SLAPS HIS HAND AWAY.

Tiron: Hero, I want you to meet the world's nemesis, the Lich King.

Player: Why are you meeting with him? Why don't you just kill him?

Tiron: In due time.

Player: But what if he kills us? Why don't you just slice his head off? What are you waiting for?

Tirion: I have a better idea. I'm going to allow him to go back to his fortress and continue to harass us with his armies while we kill each other in an overly-elaborate tournament to see who gets to fight him.

Player: Why don't you kill him now? Here, I'll get a sword. We'll just behead him. Slice! Dead. Done.

Tirion: One more peep and you're out of the Crusade. Let's begin.
Now, Hero, some friends of mine are joining us for dinner. They're quite delighted you'll be part of the meal.

Lich King: Tirion, do you really expect your heros to win?

Tirion: No, Mr Menethil, I expect them to die. Even if they win the first round I will still throw multiple waves at them.
Release the Jormungnar worms!
(to the area)
All the worms have laser beams attached to their heads. I figure every creature deserves a warm meal.

Paletress: (clears throat) Lord Fordring?

Tirion: Yes, what is it?

Paletress: While you were setting up the tents the DEHTA dropped by, and informed us the Jormungnar worms are on the Endangered Species List.

Tirion: Right.
(to player)
Mr. Hero, we're going to have you fight kobolds with laser beams attaced to their heads.

Paletress: (clears throat again)

Tirion: What is it now?

Paletress: Well, we experimented with lasers, but you would be surprised how heavy they are. They crushed many of the Kobolds, and Nesingwary showed up on behalf of the Azerothian Fish and Wildlife Commission to inform us it was illegal to transport them from their native habitat.

Tiron: I have one simple request - creatures with friggin laser beams attached to their friggin heads to fight players, and it can't be done?! Remind me again why I pay you people. What do we have?

Paletress: Memories.

Tiron: Right.

Paletress: They're bad memories.

Tirion: Really? Are they ill-tempered?

Paletress: Extremely.

Tirion: Well, that's a start. Very well, Mr. Hero, fight the ill-tempered bad memories, if you survive you can fight Arthas... come let us return to our meeting.

Player: You aren't going to just hang out with Arthas? He'll kill you!

Tirion: No, we'll just pretend he's not some evil, undead, Legion-made demigod and just presume he'll act like a civilized being and wait until we're ready to come and kill him. What?

Player. I have a sword on my mount. Give me five seconds, I'll come back and slice his brains out. We'll do it together, it'll be fun!

Tirion: No Mr. Hero, you just don't get it, do you?
Old 08-7-2009, 07:40 AM   #1858
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
You facerolled all BC heroics at 80, I wouldn't call that "doing them". Hard heroics are good. If more heroics were hard then I could actually get a group of intelligent people as opposed to mouth breathing 13 year olds that make chuck norris jokes and spam their DPS macros at anything with a health bar. You seriously have no idea what constitutes a "hard" heroic.

And a sense of accomplishment would be nice as well. When I did killed Kael in HMGT for the first time I'd already had 5-6 groups fall apart before even getting to his trash. (pre HMGT nerf) I cleared 3 heriocs my first 5 hours at 80 as my warrior tank, the most gear dependent class/spec/role in the game. And this was all in quest reward greens and AH blues.
Actually I didn't. I didn't solo any of them. We did them all with 3 people, and no tank. It was a lot of work.

My point wasn't that I did them at 80. My point was that they were all equally difficult. In Wrath, most of the Heroics are equally hard. Some of them are just insane, like the gauntlet in UP, the defense in HoS, all of Oculus... but they're all do-able by a group of fresh 80s. I'm gonna go ahead and say this one isn't.
Old 08-7-2009, 07:51 AM   #1859
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Actually I didn't. I didn't solo any of them.
I never said you did.

Quote:
We did them all with 3 people, and no tank. It was a lot of work.
My level 80 priest has more hp than 70 tanks had in BT gear. Not having a tank for heroics that were made for people who are essentially half as powerful as you are isn't a big deal.

Quote:
My point wasn't that I did them at 80. My point was that they were all equally difficult. In Wrath, most of the Heroics are equally hard. Some of them are just insane, like the gauntlet in UP, the defense in HoS, all of Oculus...
The guantlet in UP took me exactly two tries to master. Pick up adds, pick up spears, shoot them when gigantic text appears. It's even easier as a healer. Watch green bars, stand near tank. Hell, I don't even call out when a mob is on me anymore on my priest, I can heal through it and heal everyone else tanking their own mob with renews and PoM.

The defense in HoS is pretty easy (the only time it's hard is when DPS stands in the beam or your tank doesn't know how to aoe. Which happen pretty often I admit, but it's part of what you get by grouping with people with downs)

Occulus is simply a retard check. It has nothing at all to do with gear. I was sitting in a room watching my friends wipe on the last boss for the 8th time. They kicked two people, me and my other friend fired up our laptops. Boom second try dead. The only problem with that fight is that 1 person can screw everyone else and in a WoW pug group 1 retard is usually guaranteed. However, when heroics had the reputation of being hard and for elite players a significantly less percentage of retards were LFG.

Also, all heroics were definitely not equal in difficulty. Anyone who's ran a heroic Arc or Slab compared to a UB or Bot at 70 can tell you there were significant differences in difficulty.

Quote:
but they're all do-able by a group of fresh 80s. I'm gonna go ahead and say this one isn't.
That's good, gear progression is supposed to go from Normal dungeons > Heroics > Raids

If you can roflstomp heroics in your quest gear, they'll be less than a joke once you get some ilvl 200+ gear.

Last edited by Grandiagod; 08-7-2009 at 07:53 AM..
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2009, 10:29 AM   #1860
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Also, the two guilds with whom I do the majority of my raiding said they found the magnataur and jormunger fights on 10 to actually be quite easy, and downed them fairly quickly. I believe they one-shot the Magnataur and then 2 or 3 shot the jormunger, they got all the way to the Yeti I believe before enough people were dead and unable to be res'd via reincarnate, soulstone, rebirth etc. so I'm not sure that I'd characterize it as "way too hard"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote