Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #1721
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

We continued our glorified 25-man pug tonight having left off with Siege done and Kolo/Auriaya dead, all one-shots.

Iron Council was a one-shot. Got three achievements from that (choose you, antechamber, but i'm on your side).

Moved to Hodir. One-shot, even with people who didn't know the fight on 10 or 25. Got the buffed all winter achievement but not the coolest friends. Damn left side didn't free the mage or priest =/

Two hunter/warrior/shaman tokens dropped and I won with a roll of 19. 2nd place was a 9. 56 emblems of conquest, so I'm getting my 4pc when we do FL10 after the reset.

We tried Freya but it's too hard for this kind of a group apparently. Too much failure. "Hey guys, stop DPS on snaplasher. His stack is already at 60. Stop DPS. STOP DPS. OK NOW HE HAS 99 STACKS. STOP DPS. And then he killed us all.

Probably should've read the wowhead comments where it says it's spellstealable but eh. It also works just like crushers on yogg where stopping DPS removes all the stacks. People just fail too much.

PS - I was foolishly hoping I would be able to match or nearly match Relam's DPS on Hodir. Not even close. I do more dps in 10 man than I did tonight. Really annoying.

pps - Super happy about getting the chest too. For some reason, the legs, despite being called a kilt, are not. It's only a kilt if you have the chest too.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-28-2009 at 11:33 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #1722
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

I'm pretty sure we kite the snaplasher.

But then again I heal so I don't really have to pay attention to most things.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 AM   #1723
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

My friend and I are arguing who is better, an epic Warlock or an Epic Mage. Which is better? I think the warlock is. I'm not so sure anymore o.o Can anyone shine light on this? What is better? A Mage or a Warlock?

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #1724
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The definition of "better" varies for every person.

If you mean the class with the best DPS, it's a Warlock, though not by much. This is the perfect scenario with best in slot gear, mind you. This changes all the time as new patches come out.
If you mean the class with the best raid utility, it's a tie. Food / Portals / Arcane Int versus Summons / Healthstones / Pet buffs. Really, a tie.
If you mean the coolest class, it's Mage by far.
If you mean in PVP, once again, Mage by far.
If you mean questing, it's Mage by far.

In other news...

So a guild got Yogg + 0 watchers done when the guilds that had done 1 watcher said it was impossible. Accusations of cheating are already coming out, and certain guilds have stated that there is indeed an exploit in Phase 3 that renders the fight no more than a tank and spank. Details are scarce, since they don't want to say anything until Blizz fixes it.

Edit: Ok, I get the 'sploit now. It's pretty stupid, but I can see how it works. It really does turn phase 3 into a joke. I won't go into details but basically imagine phase 3 without having to worry about adds, ever. What does that make phase 3? No heals, no tanking, just full DPS on Yogg, making sure to turn away during the gaze. That's it.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-29-2009 at 07:21 AM..
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #1725
Grandiagod
FFR Player

I would have to argue that warlocks are 100000x cooler than mages.

They have demons and shadow fire black magic.

OH NO, DON'T THROW YOUR ICE AT ME I'M SO AFRAID.

And I believe PvP is variable unless you decide to run RPM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #1726
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Two things. Major thing first.

Faction change coming soon. You can switch A>H or H>A.

Second thing is that the t9 bonuses have all been updated. No more of this generic 5% crit stuff.

Mine are actually pretty good now. Pretty much requires gearing around the set bonus to make it good, but we'll see how much different it is after the PTR comes back on and more people test it out.

2pc = +9 seconds to Flame Shock (Starts at 12, glyphed to 18, this makes it 27). Decent. Probably helps our rotation a bit from not having to re-apply it all the damn time, but the crit bonus from t8 is really nice.
4pc = +20% lava burst damage. Now this is sick, because Lava Burst is our guaranteed crit skill (needs Flame Shock up to crit). There are totems and glyphs to raise the damage even higher. I'm thinking 20,000 damage each time this is used is a reasonable measure of how strong it can be.

Personally though, I'm thinking of doing 2pc t8 and 2pc t9. Having that extra time for ticking and having them able to crit is pretty awesome. And I'd rather not glyph/relic around lava burst. I'd rather use skills that increase Lightning Bolt's damage, since we use it 5 times between each Lava Burst and it accounts for the majority of our damage.

Also found out that our relic that increases haste by 200-something for 12 seconds is not on an internal cooldown, making it a clear favorite choice. It's lightning bolt only, so once again, no reason for 4pc t9. The t8 4pc is nice since it augments lightning bolt, but it's also flawed and weak.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-29-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #1727
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
I would have to argue that warlocks are 100000x cooler than mages.

They have demons and shadow fire black magic.

OH NO, DON'T THROW YOUR ICE AT ME I'M SO AFRAID.

And I believe PvP is variable unless you decide to run RPM.
I am a Mage and I agree with this. Warlocks are by far the cooler class.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1728
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Today I decided to do the less than original "Sit on a huge mount and stand on top of the Dalaran Flight Master" thing, but decided to add a twist once I found out that my Goblin Therapist wasn't cutting it.

So I decided to make it an Anti-Abortion protest rally, crying out phrases whenever people would start yelling at me to move, including, but not limited to:

ABORTION IS MURDER!

I AM PROTESTING ABORTION BY NOT ALLOWING YOU TO TRAVEL FROM DALARAN TO BRING AWARENESS TO THE MILLIONS OF BABIES DYING EVERY YEAR

ABORTION IS GENOCIDE

ABORTION IS LEGAL MURDERING OF THE UNBORN

EVERY CHILD DESERVES TO LIVE

BABIES HAVE FEELINGS TOO

And so on. Initially it didn't get much of a reaction, but I nothing better to do, and just stood there. Once high time on the server started coming, around 5pm, things started to pick up. More and more tell were being sent or yelled at me that they reported me to a GM, and I would be banned for 5 days, a week, 3 days, just whatever they felt would intimidate me enough to break my protest and fly away.

Then before I knew it I had several people joining me on top of the flight master, blocking him. I think only one person was actually protesting abortion, everyone else just loved the grief. Then things started spiraling out of control when a GM showed up in person. The flight area exploded with people coming to see this event that a GM showed up to.

But I held strong, I was determined to fight the power! So after getting moved manually by the in realm GM, I kept running back and resuming my position of protest. After four separate teleportations from one GM, another one contacted me as well, asking I stop blocking the flight master. Determined to sound like an extreme anti-abortionist... well, just read the screenshots for yourself. Not a bad turnout for a really slow day.

Starting a small following

A little bigger

A few more show up to start whining

Then the GM arrives, he's the gnome I have targeted about an inch above the mage in T7 (Also a little 6 - 6 x 6 trolling was going on just before he arrived)

Then suddenly it became a pretty happening place.

Five minutes later, I guess everyone yelled about it in guild chat or something.

FIGHTIN THE POWER, LET ME TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR

I didn't get the last screen shot of the GM whispering me saying that I have refused to cooperate with them and my account will now be temporarily suspended.

Three hour ban that was totally worth it. Oddly enough, I didn't get an added suspension for the abortion thing.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #1729
Relambrien
FFR Player

Well I don't have a story that can compare to that, but my guild just three-shotted Mimiron 25. On our first three attempts ever.

It was quite fantastic.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #1730
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

All those mounts are lame except for the ZA Bear. People get all jealous when I ride mine which is hilarious.

Pulled off 10.5k dps on Vezax. 2000 dps higher than the next highest so I feel pretty good about it. Would have been higher but an interrupt was missed on searing flames and I got nailed.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #1731
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So, it was true. The guild that killed Yogg+0 was banned for cheating (for 3 days).

It remains unkillable until they nerf it.

PS - I wonder how many people know how easy it is to click npcs even with three billion mounts on top of them?

PPS - Just found this out.

So the tier 9 has three ilevels. The first one is for 10 man normal. The second is for 25 normal and 10 hard. The third is for 25 hard.

The first two are purchasable with Emblems of Triumph. It takes 50% more emblems to buy the higher ilevel item (30->45, 50>75). The third piece is only purchasable with tier tokens. These tokens are not restricted to one equip type (that is to say, there is no hand, head, chest, etc. token). It's all one token.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-30-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #1732
Bendxtwoo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Bendxtwoo Send a message via MSN to Bendxtwoo

I've been trying to play again,but I cant find my discs. I went to the website and try downloading and installing from there,but every time I try to install it an error occurs saying something about BC piece cannot be found. Does anyone know of any known problems from the downloader from the website, or anyway else I an download the game?
Bendxtwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #1733
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Sure the guild earned this a while ago, but I just earned this so it's the first.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

Last edited by tsugomaru; 06-30-2009 at 08:19 PM..
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #1734
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah just to clarify we did Heartbreaker 4 weeks ago. And we weren't world first (I know he knows =p)

I told him to paste the screenshot because Tokzic was whining about not getting his bracers from XT hard and we just got them and they went to a DK.

Lol~

Edit: Damn, 10 bosses in one night, no wipes. Four new achievements. We kicked ass.

pps edit 2: So I got my 4pc bonus and didn't get the shoulders, so I was 72 points over the hit cap. So I pretty much had to swap out Dying Curse for something "weaker".

Last edited by Squeek; 07-1-2009 at 12:14 AM..
Old 07-1-2009, 01:09 AM   #1735
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Went arms. It's my new main spec.

I push about 3.5k to 4.5k DPS with complete trash weapon. Can't wait to get an axe.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2009, 09:33 AM   #1736
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

So I pretty much never do anything worth going "hey aren't I good" and I'm sure by your OMG Ulduar standards this is pretty bad, but I feel pretty good about it.

25-man Naxx on Loatheb, as a paladin (Which you'll remember, have -no- area healing at all)

Me: 428k healing done
2nd 257k healing done
3rd 207k healing done
4th 185k healing done
5th 178k healing done
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2009, 10:23 AM   #1737
Grandiagod
FFR Player

I think that really goes to prove how terrible your priests/druids/shaman are
Old 07-1-2009, 04:36 PM   #1738
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Actually, it was 4 paladins and a disc priest. Our druid went DPS for the fight.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2009, 11:37 PM   #1739
Relambrien
FFR Player

Hmm. 17 wipes on Thorim-25 today. And we still didn't get him down.

Is it bad that it only took us two wipes to beat Mimiron and we can't do this?
Old 07-2-2009, 12:38 AM   #1740
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Have you done it on 10?

It's among the easiest fights among the Watchers. Freya and Mimiron are much harder than Thorim.

I mentioned this before, but I'll do it again. Our strategy in 10-man:

1) 6/4 split. We send a healer, a tank, and two DPS into the hallway. For 25, people say 16/9 works best. You should prioritize keeping AOE in the Arena and sending single-target DPS down the hall.

2) Know priorities. Priority #1 in the Arena is staying alive. Thorim's hammer stuns and slows spellcasting of those around the hit, so spread out. The orbs are the least of your concern, but do get away from then when they're attacking. Whether you all stack in the middle or just let the tank stay and spread melee around the edges is up to you (we keep the tank in the middle and leave everyone else out).

Priority #2 is the kill order. Evokers shield themselves and heal allies and lightnings you. They must die first. Champions whirlwind. As long as you have no melee, they're unimportant. But with melee, they're a pain. Warbringers give everybody else 20% haste. Mind Control them for the buff for yourself or just kill them. Commoners get AOE'd down.

You should have some people focus fire on these targets while the rest clear the trash with AOEs. Hope your tanks can handle it. It's a seriously hectic tank fight.

3) Know the fight. The hallway group has to get to Thorim after 3 minutes but before the Arena group is overwhelmed. Again, know priorities. Healers die first. Avoid the explosions. Super easy. Stay away from the side with the fist. Then the other guy. Stay away from people afflicted with Rune Detonation. Hug the wall on the way to Thorim. You win.

4) The boss. Not sure if you're failing on Thorim himself or the pre-Thorim fight. Thorim is all about spreading out, watching where you stand, and quick taunts. You cannot wait for more than one second to taunt off the tank or you risk being one-shot by a crit. Nobody can be hit by the lightning cone attack. Healers are taxed enough with chain lightning and the tanks. When there's no beam on the floor, you should be 10 yards away from everybody else whenever possible.

That's pretty much it =x

Edit: @Shai, wow, that's a dick move. Everybody reports their guild progress all the time, but I'm not allowed to? Get over yourself already.

Last edited by Squeek; 07-2-2009 at 12:40 AM..