Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 08-5-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Default Ask a former Arizona DDR legend anything...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...-fever-6427587
I'm the guy on the right in the black and white photo for this article.
Known then as Jack "The Sketch" Feuchtinger.

Infamous for being the most entertaining technical player while on a 2 pack a day habit, high as a kite on weed, and with a bottle of southern comfort hanging out of my back pocket.

Let the AMA commence!
Mister_Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Khenra
print('hello FFR')
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Ask a former Arizona DDR legend anything...

What FFR song difficulty could you FC playing on a DDR machine?
Khenra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenra View Post
What FFR song difficulty could you FC playing on a DDR machine?
Jebus... are we talking nowadays or back then?
There was a time when I thought I could no-bar CIA Rave. Unfortunately r21, or hell even ITG, weren't things back then though.

I could probably safely FC 30-48s now as an old man.

EDIT: Noooooooope. After further review of my ability these days, 30-55 is what I could do back when that article came out.
Nowadays? 32 tops.

SKG_Scintill: but apparently you're too brony to get that
SKG_Scintill: freaking jehova's witnesses of the internet

Last edited by Mister_Raccoon; 08-6-2015 at 07:53 PM..
Old 08-7-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

How's the weather in Arizona these days?
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2015, 03:09 AM   #5
Khenra
print('hello FFR')
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon View Post
Jebus... are we talking nowadays or back then?
There was a time when I thought I could no-bar CIA Rave. Unfortunately r21, or hell even ITG, weren't things back then though.

I could probably safely FC 30-48s now as an old man.

EDIT: Noooooooope. After further review of my ability these days, 30-55 is what I could do back when that article came out.
Nowadays? 32 tops.
Cool, 55s, that's impressive. Did you do the "hang back on the railing" strat like I see most extremely fast DDR players do?
Khenra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
How's the weather in Arizona these days?
I live in San Francisco now where, unfortunately, there are no DDR machines...
But I'd imagine the weatherman in Phoenix still has the easiest job ever.

"Today is going to be hot. Tomorrow is going to be hot. Your 5 day forecast? Hot, hot, hot, hot, HOT!"
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #7
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenra View Post
Cool, 55s, that's impressive. Did you do the "hang back on the railing" strat like I see most extremely fast DDR players do?
I have been vehemently opposed to bar raping since that became a thing. The first competition I ever lost was because some d-bag felt they needed to hug the bar during Rhythm and Police (a hard 8 to easy 9).

I still contend that ITG killed off the fun in step games by making bar hugging more widely accepted.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, a hippopotamus, a seagull, a snail, and a raccoon. You're holding 5c 7c and the flop is Qc Kd 3c. The tiger is looking really bored and swings its tail back and forth a little bit and is staring playfully at the raccoon. It checks, with a huge grin on its face. The hippopotamus is looking really moody and grumpy, and haphazardly bets half the pot, while grunting. The seagull flies around making annoying noises; the hippopotamus gets irritated and tries to shoo it away, but the seagull is obviously mad at something it did, and minimum raises. The snail and raccoon already folded preflop. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

Where should I invest my money? The stock markets, gold, silver, copper, oil, and bitcoins have ALL been crashing hard over the last few weeks/months, and fiat is BORING. Should I just short-sell stuff instead?

Is DDR still much of a thing where you live? I live in the UK and the only DDR machines I see around are in arcades and they're crappy euromix versions from 2000-2002 that give you misses like 20% of the time making it hard to pass anything, unless you stomp REALLY, REALLY HARD, making them unplayable. Also I didn't know what DDR was until two years ago. Also how much money do you have to put inside the machines to actually get good?!

Imagine a 3x3x3 metres cubic block of medium strength cheddar cheese, with a 1x1x1 metre cubic hole inside the exact middle of the block. Now imagine you wake up inside the hole. You know where you are. How much time do you think it would take to claw/eat your way out of there? (There are small tunnels for ventilation in the block of cheese that allow you to breathe)

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
Evascythe
evascythe
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Evascythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon View Post
I have been vehemently opposed to bar raping

I still contend that ITG killed off the fun in step games by making bar hugging more widely accepted.
I don't like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude
Evascythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evascythe View Post
I don't like you.
I get that a lot. But this is the truth of the matter. Plus bar hugging is cheating no matter how you look at it.
All ITG did was spawn a bunch of lousy cheaters.

Last edited by Mister_Raccoon; 08-23-2015 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, a hippopotamus, a seagull, a snail, and a raccoon. You're holding 5c 7c and the flop is Qc Kd 3c. The tiger is looking really bored and swings its tail back and forth a little bit and is staring playfully at the raccoon. It checks, with a huge grin on its face. The hippopotamus is looking really moody and grumpy, and haphazardly bets half the pot, while grunting. The seagull flies around making annoying noises; the hippopotamus gets irritated and tries to shoo it away, but the seagull is obviously mad at something it did, and minimum raises. The snail and raccoon already folded preflop. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

Where should I invest my money? The stock markets, gold, silver, copper, oil, and bitcoins have ALL been crashing hard over the last few weeks/months, and fiat is BORING. Should I just short-sell stuff instead?

Is DDR still much of a thing where you live? I live in the UK and the only DDR machines I see around are in arcades and they're crappy euromix versions from 2000-2002 that give you misses like 20% of the time making it hard to pass anything, unless you stomp REALLY, REALLY HARD, making them unplayable. Also I didn't know what DDR was until two years ago. Also how much money do you have to put inside the machines to actually get good?!

Imagine a 3x3x3 metres cubic block of medium strength cheddar cheese, with a 1x1x1 metre cubic hole inside the exact middle of the block. Now imagine you wake up inside the hole. You know where you are. How much time do you think it would take to claw/eat your way out of there? (There are small tunnels for ventilation in the block of cheese that allow you to breathe)
1) I fold because the other raccoon already did. Plus my hand is too terrible to risk that I MIGHT get another c card on the turn or river for the flush.

2) Get behind green energy and pot futures. The world will have little choice but to harness green energy and pot investing is already taking huge leaps and bounds.

3) Unfortunately there are no longer arcades here in San Francisco. The community vastly defers from state to state. San Francisco used to be considered the American hub from which the DDR scene took off. Now there's a bigger community in the middle of the desert than in all of California. Also explains how it's hard for me to keep weight off now...

Truth be told I didn't spend a whole lot of money to get good. Once I figured out I could pivot my hips (thanks to Boom Boom Dollar KOGG3 remix on DDR 3rd Mix) to hit long streams without double stepping, everything else came naturally. I estimate I spend maybe 80 bucks getting good. Once that article I linked came out, I never had to pay to play at Castles n Coasters ever again.

And don't hate. I liked a couple of the Euromixes.

4) Depends. Do I have my weed with me? Cause cheese don't stand a chance when I'm stoned.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

Don't ask me shit, I'm out this bitch, peace.