Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #21
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You guys mention new ideas, but only Squeek has told us these ideas so far. Tell us what you're changing and you'll get more votes (if it's good as you say it is).

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 PM   #22
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

OK guido, a vote for me should go to cypher, because the ideas i told you i'm ahving, I gave to cypher, we've worked them out, and he's gonna run it. It should be very good, and different then all the other games. I strong ly reccomend it so we can have a big variation compared to the other games.

Now onto analysis... despite what you say tass, I think I did what I had to do, and I figured out all wolves and if it wasn't for Hans being an absolute moron, the humans would have actually won.
Here's what you have to realize... that aim convo between hans and kefit shoudl have been 100 % proof that they both were human!!! Hans goes to Kefit and tells him that he strongly thinks I'm a wolf... then I die that night; If hans is a wolf, then he would never even bring my name up to kefit, if kefit is a wolf he would never post that convo... I sent PMs and IMs to Hans 87X cypher and Afro, knowing that either Hans or cypher was a wolf. I did this to hopefully lure one out to make it obvious which one it was... I then realized by doing it that odds are I'm going to die at night... Obviously Hans took that as proof that I must be a wolf cuz no way was it possible for me to actually be able to see the obvious.

Squeek was a wolf cuz he was way too quiet and came in to close out the instalynch as I was changing it. It then came down to cypher being a wolf or Eyespew/kefit being a wolf... and I didn't know which ones was which until Kefit posted that IM convo, which made me know that he was human and Hans was human, which meant cypher was the second wolf, and process of elimination brought TPS to be the third wolf... but like Cypher said, I was already dead at that point. If Hans doesn't act as such a dumbass and incur ewveryone's suspicion, then maybe the other humans could've pierced it together adn at least taken the alliance I made and ran with it. But oh well.....

Old 12-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #23
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

stop campaigning. this is the post game for twg6, not the commercials before twg7.

as far as for the rules/signups stuff... the people that hurt the game are the ones that are apathetic towards it. the 3 i named have been / will continue to be half into it... so why let them play? who cares that i'm the only person to play in all 6 TWGs... i've managed to get in during the signup phase for every game.

and, i will say once again... the MVP should get a free entry into the next twg. NO ONE ELSE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD BE ALLOWED EARLY ENTRANCE.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

What about 1st day kills? I think that should be one other exception (not just for me. I know I'll sign up in time, but I just think it's more fair that way).

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #25
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Hey, Blah? Which of you two lasted until the end of the game? Huh? Oh, right. It wasn't you. Stop raggin on the new player. He obviously knew more of what he was doing than you did.

You thought only ONE wolf was in on your alliance. Well, if your alliance meetings are made public to all wolves, you're kinda screwed buddy. If you assumed one wolf was in on it, why didn't you assume he'd tell everyone else?

There's no way to blame this on just one person. We played you all like a fiddle. It was obvious with the voting patterns; there was no rhyme or reason to any of them. Just admit it, you lost hardcore and you're all to blame for it.

~Squeek
Old 12-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #26
User6773

Fun game to watch; I keep forgetting I wasn't involved in this one. I keep thinking this was Game 5 and I was wolfed on Night 2. Guess not.

Well-played by the wolves, I'm amazed that not a single one of you got taken out. Amazing job.

Squeek: remember that it's a game, and I'm willing to lie to someone within the context of the game. TWG is a game of lying and figuring out who's lying. That is all it is. If you're not the kind of person who enjoys lying for sport in a game, or you don't enjoy detective work, the game's not for you. I think it's fun.

Tass and I are working out some ideas for masons for TWG VII. I'd like to host, and most of you guys already know I can do it fairly well. And I'm working on a story that should have a better climax than "the terrorists did it for the hell of it."

Old 12-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #27
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Hey, Blah? Which of you two lasted until the end of the game? Huh? Oh, right. It wasn't you. Stop raggin on the new player. He obviously knew more of what he was doing than you did.
That does NOT mean someone's good. All it means is that he's not good enough to threaten the wolves enough to kill him and that he can keep himself away from a lynch (or just be lucky enough for someone else to be just that much more suspicious that he doesn't die).

Take Snapps last game. We (the wolves) wanted him around because he didn't contribute to the humans' cause in the slightest.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 PM   #28
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

As for this game, it means that they flew under the radar until the end, which was extremely difficult to do. You basically had to be wary of every single line of text in your post. A single misintepretation meant game over for you.

We kept a few people in since they were actually helping us out as well. Anybody that continuously voted another human for the same reason over and over again wasn't worth killing at night.

~Squeek
Old 12-17-2004, 07:33 PM   #29
User6773

Flying under the radar is good for a wolf but not a human. If you're a human who survives to the end of a wolf-won game, you still lose.

Old 12-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #30
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

exactly, I think that at least I tried, as opposed to what everyone else was doing , which was nothing... I tried to form an alliance, and I tried to give the humans a chance.

Old 12-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #31
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I'm sorry about the storyline.

It seemed like such a good idea when I came up with it, then fell apart.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:01 PM   #32
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

One thing I have to say for myself:

It was my first game, I made mistakes. I most definitely learned from them.

I'll get better, no?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #33
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i hope so hans. please re-read 5 or 6 times the top of my initial post. thanks.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #34
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Tass, one thing about your posts on and off the game really bothered me.

You make it seem like it's necessary for everybody to talk to you on AIM at some point in the game.

You're not some "game overlord" who knows all. There's no incentive for anybody to message you because you could conceivably be a wolf. I know what a conversation with you will do, human or not. So why bother?

My theory on AIM is as follows. If someone has the necessity to talk with me, they will message me. Otherwise, don't expect me to come to you. It doesn't make me any more or less suspicious. I know Kilga feels the same way about AIM except he's far more judgemental when it comes to that.

You blame people for not getting in contact with you when there's a possibility that you're the MW? Where's your logic behind this? Kefit knew that the odds of you being the MW were even lower on Day 2 when he seered ANOTHER person to find out their role and that came up human. Too bad it was too late to even mention it to you, because due to the workings of this game, you died.

I wanted to mention your AIM theory in-game and use it as a vote against you, but luckily I didn't have to bandwagon with my compatriots thanks to your compatriots.

Huge edit - I do believe this is the first game that Tassel has been lynched? I say congratulations to us for accomplishing this.

~Squeek
Old 12-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #35
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

say what you will squeek... but i will stick to my theory until it is PROVEN incorrect. and it has proven correct 4/4.

i can't really count the 2 times i was a wolf, since the seer died right away... but in the 3 games i was contacted by a seer, the humans won. in the 1 game i was not contacted, the humans lost. coincedence? i think not.

and, if i am the master wolf... there is no way in hell that i kill the seer, at least not until the wolves are 1 human away from victory. its just plain stupid and pointless. so, Kefit didn't talk to me on the 1/14 chance i was the MW, when there is a 13/14 chance i am in fact human. basically Kefit was using his role not as being the seer... but as being "wolf sniffer", and would only react to the information given to him if it came back wolf. obviously that is fucking retarded.

so, yea. i'm not going to be so bold as to say I DEMAND THE SEER COME TO ME AFTER I'VE BEEN SEERED ON NIGHT 1 but its god damn stupid to seer me and then not use my proven resources to their advantage. i will repeat, Kefit is solely responsible for the humans loss. had he come forward to blah and me, i would not have died on day 2 and the entire game would have been different.

EDIT: vote Tass for Biggest Ego on the 2004 FFR Awards! yay!
Old 12-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #36
tnyhwk900
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to tnyhwk900

Quote:
i'm not going to be so bold as to say I DEMAND THE SEER COME TO ME AFTER I'VE BEEN SEERED ON NIGHT 1
Greatest pun (or whatever it is) ever.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:51 PM   #37
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Personally, I wouldn't even seer you. What's the point? Even if it came up wolf, there's no way I could bandwagon against you using such little amounts of information. Heck, I wouldn't even GUARD you because the wolf team fears that you already are!

I'd seer someone people are already suspicious of and guard someone that I know is human.

Like I said, you aren't the supreme leader of this game and I really hope your ego trip fades after you lose again. If I have to come back from retirement to do so, trust me, I will.

I forgot to reply to your post entirely.

This is not Kefit's fault. This is the entire human team's fault. The guardian missed out on guardianing, the seer missed out on seering wolves, the vigilante killed a human, and every OTHER human killed another human. YOU CANNOT BLAME ONE PERSON FOR THIS.

~Squeek

PS - Wait until YOU get a special role (if ever. Thanks a lot LD's randomizer...) and see how hard it is. It really is not easy, so don't knock it if you ain't tried it.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:07 PM   #38
User6773

Tass' strategy works for one man and one man only: Tass.

If the seer comes to him and he's a human, it helps the humans win.
If the seer comes to him and he's a wolf, it helps the wolves win.

It's not that the humans win whenever the seer gets in touch with Tass. It's that Tass wins whenever the seer gets in touch with that.

I urge future seers to take caution.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #39
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I think this game revolves way too much around Tass. He should sit one out (I mean really. It's been what, 6 games in a row he's played?) and see how people play then.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:01 PM   #40
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

i sat out most of this game EB... basically this was the only game i've been out of early (only other time i died was night 6 in twg3... humans had already won by then).

and, chardish is right... and i haven't denied it either. its just the fact that 15/16 of the times i play i am not a master wolf. therefore the odds are in favor of the seer contacting me (OR WHOEVER THEY DECIDE TO SEER), and not being paranoid. you have all seen how paranoia turned out. and hell, 2/16 times i'm a plain wolf... and isn't it good to know whether i'm a wolf. regardless of your opinion of me, i do have a huge amount of sway in this game... knowing what i am is a big piece of information.