Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-6-2016, 07:33 PM   #421
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Two things:

1: I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my garfield picture. It's shocking and hilarious at the same time. Fucking uncultured fucks.

2: Precarious... "You tiptoe around Charu (since attacking someone who's effectively confirmed town is dangerous)" seems like a slip. It's human nature to include unrelated things into a conversation if they're one our mind. I could be talking about tacos, but replace the word "taco" with, "car", if I've been having car troubles. I liked the rest of your post, but could you explain your reasoning on the Charu bit? I, for instance, haven't talked to our birdfriend at all, except for making "brief little posts" about his birdiness. How does DaBackpack differ from anyone else in that regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-6-2016, 07:37 PM   #422
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Two things:

1: I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my garfield picture. It's shocking and hilarious at the same time. Fucking uncultured fucks.

Old 10-6-2016, 07:42 PM   #423
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

LOL NOPE I'M STILL TOO RETARDED TO READ FREEZ GG
Old 10-6-2016, 07:45 PM   #424
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Referring to this,
DBP's vote was because of the long mechanical posts about Charu when he's most likely town already and not posting about anything else, looking like the super long mechanics posts are used to look useful.
Precarious' vote is including dbp not making mechanics posts about charu's claim, so the opposite of dbp's vote. looks pretty omgus.
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I don't care that DBP isn't rehashing the Charu stuff, that ground has been covered pretty thoroughly now. I was referring to how DBP interacted with Charu. Admittedly, I may have been tunneling because the interaction doesn't look particularly bad on a reread; the second of the two posts is just slightly more deferential in tone.
Old 10-6-2016, 07:51 PM   #425
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i'll reread then
Old 10-6-2016, 07:57 PM   #426
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
And here's your post history for the game so far. Other than the embedded quoting my response and the two line quote above, every single post you've made--all 20 of them--have been one line throwaway efforts. And that's also the problem I have with just evaluating activity by post count. You've said nothing today (other than with regard to our little fight here). You tiptoe around Charu (since attacking someone who's effectively confirmed town is dangerous) with brief little posts, then try to call up your history when you're challenged on it. Again, check the link. It's empty. Other than the post I quoted, not a single post before you challenged me even pertains to the game. And your response to me isn't good either--it's aggressive, then tightens up and backs off defensively right at the end, like you're afraid to press the issue now that it's actually been raised. Needling me is fine, but standing on your previous record like you've actually been working is hilarious. And dishonest.

DaBackpack
Uh, are you suggesting dbp is feigning activity? If I'm misinterpreting your post then that's fine, but I doubt he's trying to pretend to be active. Out of the iso you provided around half of the posts are shitposts and the remaining posts, even if they're short, are actually pushing on something and are actual content.

This just feels like you're trying to justify omgus for some reason
Old 10-6-2016, 08:03 PM   #427
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
wow
If you could stop hiding your responses in my own quotes so I could quote normally, that would be appreciated.

Here's the thing. Your "read" on me boils down to my making mechanical posts as opposed to hard reads on players. I've already explained that mechanical posts have actual value, but the point is that it's a bad look to accuse someone of something you're guilty of. Saying "they're town" qualifies as a read only in the most bare minimum way. If you want to challenge someone on reads, go ahead, but understand that your own post history is relevant. You challenging me doesn't mean I don't get to challenge you. And your reaction seems overly abrasive. You may not like that I'm making an issue of this, but accusatory posts don't look good when you can't back up your own requests. You may not think hypocrisy is a voting offense, but surely you can see that if you voted me for something that you yourself didn't do, it doesn't portray you in a very townish light.

This is what you said in the first response:

"It's always a crapshoot, but what matters is that you actually -try- and give us something to work with in the future --- the "act" is more important than the results"

and

"I'm pressuring you to make reads -- and that I saw lots of bulky commentary without any reads as scummy. I'm willing to trust your self-stated meta, but you also need to produce reads before I can begin to think of you as town."

So why aren't you trying? Where are your reads? After all, "you also need to produce reads before I can begin to think of you as town." If that's a valid metric to vote me on, surely I can vote you on the same. The difference is, I have substance elsewhere. I actually am trying to solve the game. I don't know what you think you're doing. But to me, it looks like you're trying to preserve a veneer of activity, without actually producing enough substance that anything you say can be tied back to you.
Old 10-6-2016, 08:04 PM   #428
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Okay.

This is an escape post. It uses the "I'm no good to the wolves" defense again, ignoring the fact that throwing a teammate under the bus is a risky proposition at best, and one that would be hard to organize without looking artificial, particularly since it seems like daychat is uncommon on FFR. Good call, I can see why that's weird. I tend to post while thinking about how others will respond rather than if what I'm posting is good or bad.

I understand that you were being pushed on a topic you couldn't entirely control, but your reaction to this feel very defensive. That makes sense.

This was the most important post to my logic here, and I admit I could be reading it wrong. I don't know enough about you and Xel yet to know if there's past history between the two of you, and if your vote was more of a "don't be a jerk" thing than an actual play in game. But taken as a whole, it makes you feel a little jittery so far. Moreso than I've seen you in past games anyway. I can understand Gradiant pointing holes at me, but XelNya himself haven't done much in terms of content. I was hoping to see more which leads to...
Quote:
In short, I've not really pushed you, but made fun of you. I'll push you though, if that's what you actually want.
I'm trying to understand why you would formulate your sentence that way, but whatever.

XelNya, if you're reading, just go and push me if you actually have content related to the game.
Old 10-6-2016, 08:16 PM   #429
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Votes from post 4 to post 428
Night in 49:44:37

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 2 -- Precarious -- DaBackpack (23), ShadoWolfe (52)
  • 1 -- XelNya -- Hakulyte (59)
  • 1 -- Hakulyte -- Gradiant (62)
  • 1 -- DaBackpack -- Precarious (23)
  • 1 -- Gradiant -- FreezinIce (40)
  • 8 -- not voting -- botchi246 (4), danceflashrevo (5), inDheart (30), juckter1 (15), mellonxcollie (10), R.E. Aryxi (2), roundbox (7), XelNya (24)
  • 1 -- Error -- Charu (69)

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-6-2016, 08:16 PM   #430
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
Out of the iso you provided around half of the posts are shitposts and the remaining posts, even if they're short, are actually pushing on something and are actual content.n
The first 11 of 20 are shitposts or otherwise non-content posts. Of the remaining 9, one lists two town reads with no concept support, one accuses me with the briefest of logic, three dance around the case against me while saying nothing new, one is another shit post, two are zero content EBWOPs, and one is the response to my response.

Describing the second half as actual content is incredibly generous.
Old 10-6-2016, 08:17 PM   #431
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
XelNya, if you're reading, just go and push me if you actually have content related to the game.
The point of that part was to say "I could if you want, but I'm not doing what you just said I am"

it's not an actual "i'm gonna push you if you want me to"

I have made posts at you that come off as mockery, while also being a point to gauge my stance if you read them at face value. While you on the other hand, I feel like are getting lost in how to play the game, and be read a certain way, so you're attempting to make yourself hard to read in a really ass way.

The short hand is like I said earlier. I feel like maybe giving you the benefit of the doubt is fine, but I don't exactly object to lynching you. I don't need to push you, you're digging your own hole.
Old 10-6-2016, 08:19 PM   #432
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Screams 'parking vote' a lot more than my vote on haku, which is extremely funny since that was the whole reason for you trying to attack me in the first place lmfao
Was hoping you'd bring this up

So what are your feelings about attacking me for the same thing I attacked you for? Maybe I should quote your posts as a rebuttal?

Quote:
No defense about why your posts come across that away to persuade Charu to think otherwise, just a 'no you're wrong'
Yep that's about right. I just imagine he's saying my lines in his head with some kind of whiny crying voice.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 10-6-2016, 08:22 PM   #433
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

lmao, I could do that for the rest of this game if you wish me to read your posts like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-6-2016, 08:23 PM   #434
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Please no. I wanna have some self respect intact by the end of this game

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 08:27 PM   #435
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
Was hoping you'd bring this up

So what are your feelings about attacking me for the same thing I attacked you for? Maybe I should quote your posts as a rebuttal?

Yep that's about right. I just imagine he's saying my lines in his head with some kind of whiny crying voice.
You see though, the thing is my attacking you is warranted due to your wording and your general attitude switching in the thread. You attacked me over one vote that i said was super early in the game

and if somebody else (charu) doesn't see things your way you cry and bitch about it implying he's reading you in a whining voice
Old 10-6-2016, 08:29 PM   #436
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
lmao, I could do that for the rest of this game if you wish me to read your posts like that
it's okay, i'll do it. I'm almost doing it already
Old 10-6-2016, 08:53 PM   #437
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Whelp, I feel like this is a good time to share my reads so far.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 08:55 PM   #438
Hakulyte
the Haku

Here's a quick ninja of ShadoWolfe who's about to mention reads.

1. inHard (inDheart) - Most likely Town
2. Hakuright (Hakulyte) - Most likely Wrong
3. R.e.ally Xi (R.E. Aryxi) - Low Activity
4. SurelyWolfe (Shadowolfe) - Null (not sure what to think of you vs FreezinIce)
5. danceflashgun (danceflashrevo) - Low Activity
6. Charuzard (Charu) - Most likely Town
7. Greatiant (Gradiant) - Most likely Town
8. FreezeInIce (FreezinIce) - Null town-lean? (not really familiar with how you play)
9. DaKnapsack (DaBackpack) - Null town-lean?
10. PriCARius (Precarious) - Null wolf-lean?
11. boundrocks (roundbox) - Low activity
12. ho246 (botchi246) - Low activity
13. Sell?Nah (XelNya) - Null town-lean?
14. Lucker1 (Juckter1) - Null (not sure how to read you)
15. melanxcholy (mellonxcollie) - Null town-lean (not really familiar with how you play)
Old 10-6-2016, 08:58 PM   #439
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:

and if somebody else (charu) doesn't see things your way you cry and bitch about it implying he's reading you in a whining voice
Bruh you channeling your inner shado with these misquotes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post

You, on the other hand, have displayed sudden emotions in your posts which is super concerning. When your intentions feel forced, it's usually because someone is trying to hide something.

Or at least, majority of the time.

Charu's original point was my posts were emotional and questioned my intentions. Not...whatever you just said. But are you starting to feel a bit heated with all this mudslinging?

If your coming after me bring some legit material next time

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 08:59 PM   #440
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

1. inDheart
Wolfish. I thought he was townie, but an ISO of his posts led me to the realization that aside from early speculation about Charu (including a shitty VT one), and posts about sweaters (birds), and shitposts, his only real posts were various jumps on the freezin wagon, and speculations about Haku's defensiveness. While he normally strikes me as a very independent player, he looks like he's just playing to shitpost until real shit happens react and play off of other people's thoughts. On re-reading, he jumped to the top of my list of suspicious players. I'm not liking his game at all right now.

2. Hakulyte
Townish. Haku always shitposts, with the exception of last game's fuckaround as town. This game seems to have gone back to shitpostiness, except there's enough slips in here to make a banana look bad, including two about how we should "wait until (Haku) does more slips like that". Despite that, though, I'm leaning town on this one based on tone and reactions. Also, lol at his attempt of a readlist ninja.

3. R.E. Aryxi
Null. His two posts have both been about how he can't post, and I'm willing to believe that for now. He apologized for "things not going as well as he had expected".

4. SurelyWolfe
Your Supreme Overlord and Leader, His Exalted Holiness, Saviour of Towns, Destroyer of Wolves, King of all Wolfes, Master of All, Kim Jong-il's reincarnation (let's face it, Jong-un is weaksauce), and ShadoW Ruler of the People's Republic of TWG. Bow down, you heathen scum. Deus Vult.

5. danceflashrevo
Null, lean townish. He needs to post more, but his content in the FIVE posts he did make seemed to lean townish. He said he wasn't caught up, but he did comment on a few of us with what seemed like real thoughts, so that was decent. Not enough info to really come to a conclusion here though, so Null for now.

6. Charu
Town. Somehow managed to get himself the "Wolfe" role we were talking about in deadchat last game. Lynchproof+Bulletproof, only problem is he doesn't have the daychecks that would make him a real OP. I'm officially declaring him Serperior after game ends if he's town, or Servine if he flips wolf. Odds of him being wolf are extremely unlikely though. He has two or three days to get fully confirmed, because PR will be an idiot to not CC by then if he's lying.

7. Gradiant
Townish. Seems to be putting pressure in the right places, for the right things. Finding openings and creating discussion about them. I like to see this playstyle in town, but he has to be careful not to take it too far. A pressure vote is nice until you get emotional or carried away and start tunnelling. His post history verifies this behavior, but I can't help but shake the feeling he's trying to pocket me with all of the defending me against both Freez and Mellon. Either way, I'd say that while he might come off as abrasive to some, that abrasiveness seems to be intentional in order to get reactions, which further verifies my townlean on him.

8. FreezinIce
Null, still making up my mind, leaning wolfish. He seemed okay until he parked a vote on Gradiant for "being aggressive". Seems to not understand the concept of pressure votes (i.e. Gradiant, myself on him), then says that he's voting Gradiant to put pressure on him because nobody else wants to engage him. Unsure, because I haven't played with him before, but his posts also seem kind of hesitant. I've also mentioned this before, but when confronted about his early suspicion of Gradiant, he continued to insist that there was no suspicion, which also makes me see the weird hesitance/flipfloppiness that I often see in wolves. Still waiting on this one, though, could just be bad town I guess. Wish he had more recent games I could reference.

9. DaBackpack
Townish. He came in rather late, which is like his standard wolfmeta, but then started actually posting on-point critiques. Found Gradi/Freez to be TvT, which I agreed with at the time (before Freez started acting even stranger than before) and was mindmelding with him on the Precarious issue as well. I'm leaning town because I totally get where he's coming from (mindmeld) and his thoughts and articulation seems very genuine. Also, bonus points for starting a wagon (Precarious), and providing solid reasoning behind it. I'm liking him for now.

10. Precarious
Null, leaning townish. I thought I liked him, because I didn't think that he'd pull the same robotic meta twice in a row as wolf, but pushing Haku using typical Hakuposts, and the Charu slip made me reconsider. Upon re-reading, I found that, while I normally mindmeld with Precarious' posts (both the mechanic ones and his typical logic), I haven't really felt that way this game, with the exception of one post (#388). I don't like the vote on DBP, either. I had him as "Wolfish", but re-reading has made me feel a lot better in that he's consistent in his stated thoughts, his logic is actually not as bad as I remembered, and that his posts seemed more genuine than I first gave him credit for. That all led to his current null, bud I'd definitely like to hear more from him before EoD.

11. Roundbox
Null. He's like a distant relation that remembers to check in once in a blue moon to send the briefest letters and vanish. At 7 posts, but being up to date, he really needs to step up his game. At least the couple of shit he did say seemed to ring true in my mind, so I'll give him some town points for that.

12. Botchi246
Null. What the fuck ho, you're even worse than roundbox in posts. You've posted four posts total, and all of them have been shit. This is shitty. Step up your game and actually share some shit. You're dangerously close to being beaten out by AA in terms of posts, and he's the fucking moderator.

13. XelNya
Leaning townish. He's posting in the same bullshit style he often does, but his interactions seem genuine and he went out of his way to address a read request that I had abandoned entirely. Not sure of this one, but feeling good.

14. juckter1
Null, leaning wolfish. I liked his towngame last game, and this isn't it. His reads seem alright though, but he said things like "I've read stuff now" and "kay, time to be more active", and then didn't do much. Two reads lists with 3-4 people and hardly any meat to them, then says "I'm too bad to read outside of the people I've mentioned". Talks about ISOing freez and comes back with absolutely nothing, citing his shittiness as a player again. That seemed towny to me at first, because I feel like a wolf would just make some shit up, but then it also tells me he might not have even bothered to ISO anything, which would be wolfish.

15. mellonxcollie
Null, leaning townish. Tone sounds townie, but I haven't played with her before and the one interaction she's really had was about her finding my pressure vote weird. She gets bonus points for retracting a suspicion as soon as she reread, but that could go either way. I'm content with Nulling her for now, but I'd like to see more of her soon.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread