Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-3-2023, 07:11 PM   #421
Arp!
The Toaster Poster
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: TWG 206: Betrayal at House on the Hill GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
They've got just as much of a chance of rolling wolf as anyone else!
true, but I feel like the werewolves are more likely to speak up and try to defend themselves
I guess in the case of day 0, qwerty was unfamiliar with the forums and probably didn't have much time to participate, so their role didn't really have anything to do with their inactivity
Arp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2023, 07:13 PM   #422
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Also we're off to a fantastic start! I read the chat summarily this morning, but since mml was the first nk, I'd especially want to look into his posts more. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll come back tonight!
WE LOVE TO SEE IT!! look at that dead player's posts!!

I wanna see your analysis before I go into it myself
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2023, 07:16 PM   #423
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp! View Post
true, but I feel like the werewolves are more likely to speak up and try to defend themselves
I guess in the case of day 0, qwerty was unfamiliar with the forums and probably didn't have much time to participate, so their role didn't really have anything to do with their inactivity
It can really go either way. Some people get overly defensive as wolf, others don't know what to do and might not post at all
Old 07-3-2023, 07:17 PM   #424
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

oh that's probably a good idea! I'd like to see your analysis as well, because as it stands, I personally don't really know what to do with the information we have so far
Old 07-3-2023, 07:18 PM   #425
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
WE LOVE TO SEE IT!! look at that dead player's posts!!

I wanna see your analysis before I go into it myself
Ladies first tho

jk it's fine, I'll read into this overnight and frankly I'd rather do it before you to earn some town cred lol, I'm replacing an inactive player after a wolf was voted out, I'd normally be like "lol this guy is sus as fuck" but that doesn't help anyone this time around.

I'm aware this is a giant angleshoot in general but you would have to be a fool to ignore it

in the meantime, to the new guys: how are you enjoying this game in forum format so far? I'd like to hear your opinions on the topic!

alright, I brb later.
Old 07-3-2023, 07:18 PM   #426
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
It can really go either way. Some people get overly defensive as wolf, others don't know what to do and might not post at all
that's a good point! I didn't think about that
Old 07-3-2023, 07:24 PM   #427
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
in the meantime, to the new guys: how are you enjoying this game in forum format so far? I'd like to hear your opinions on the topic!
it's certainly interesting! I think I prefer playing in person, but there are some interesting nuances in the forum format that I might miss if I ever play with irl friends again

overall, it has been a great experience so far :>
Old 07-3-2023, 07:34 PM   #428
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

the best wolf strat is to dress like a sheep, i've heard.
Old 07-3-2023, 08:25 PM   #429
mellon_collie
FFR Player

On the internet nobody can see how you are dressed

another benefit of forum TWG!
Old 07-3-2023, 08:51 PM   #430
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

pfffft-
Old 07-4-2023, 03:44 AM   #431
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Alright, let's take a look at MML's reads and posts. I'll try to skim out the meme posts, but I'll also try not to leave anything of substance out. He's our one confirmed town after all.

MML first voted EBE, then switched to freezin (now Deamerai). in the meantime, said he would not vote Raeko because ayu day or whatever bullshit, and said he should have voted noobies because he didn't watch princess bride. I think it's ok to completely disregard the votes that happened before freezin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
.....I think I'll give E-B-E some more time and switch votes to FreezinIce

You're too much of a vet to be this quiet. I know you hate d0's casual shit posting and really like to enter the thread in full force D2 or D3, but this isn't the game to do that schtick
And this is actually pretty sound as far as serious pressure goes. However, I'm not sure how to feel about the fact Freezin was so quiet he ended up being replaced. I can't imagine him being the kinda person not commiting to a game because of the role he got, and since we don't really know circumstances leading to him being replaced, I would abstain from judging based on this.

MML had a good conversation with Noobies and Arp! about game mechanics that makes all of these players look good imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
self voting is extremely anti-town and against the spirit of the game and it's really shitty to do

Afterwards, MML switches his vote onto Lights. He has a little bit of an exchange with her (along with Charu) on the topic of casting a vote, and I think there might be something going on in there. The conversation starts here, for those who wish to reread it. I do think that Lights' opinion is innocent in nature at this stage in the game, but I'm not sure how to read Raeko and Charu here. I don't particularly hate their response, in fact MML was of the same opinion, but I know that if either of these guys is the last wolf, that's kind of the position they'll want to take with them regarding game mechanics. They are right and helpful of course, but to me it might look a liiiiiittle bit opportunistic.

Lights voted for Charu (parked that vote until EOD for what it's worth), and Charu voted for Freezin. MML then voted Charu. Raeko followed suit with a vote on Charu. Then Charu fucking bailed (?) and MML, Raeko and Arp parked their votes on Qwerty at the last minute and with the inactive motive in mind, which was enough to lynch Qwerty, who turned out to be wolf.

The only marginally fishy interaction I've seen at all involving MML is the argument of Lights vs MML, Raeko and Charu... for what it's worth. MML aside, I'm not sure which of Raeko and Charu would be wolfier to me (leaning ever so slightly towards Raeko actually, because I really like Charu doing the seer strat, can be extremely awesome for town the longer the seer stays alive!), but at this point in time, those are the players I'm most suspicious of. Arp and noobies may be new, but they're playing a great game so far and even though I'm not locking either of them as town, I also don't want them to stop playing just yet. Lights felt very honest about her concerns with voting, and to me that indicates that she is thinking about the game and actively trying to solve it while also being careful to not letting herself get tricked by veteran players which I like a lot. There is however one thing I could read from her, and that would be her reluctance to vote an inactive which could be for wolf preservation, considering that one of the inactives turned out to be a wolf (and the other ones now being myself and deamerai). Still not reading Lights as wolfy however, since her reluctance does not quite feel phoney to me.

So to put it all together...

- Charu and Mellon Collie are my wolfiest reads at the moment.
- Null on Freezin (now Deamerai, please play with us!)
- Town lean on Arp and Noobies, very impressed with their play so far as well.
- Slight town lean on Lights

Also I got into this way too late and I gotta go sleep now zzz

Quote:
Tho nobody will ever beat Charu posting from WiiU on the toilet I think LMAO
I've played a game or two entirely on PS Vita and PS4... but mainly on Vita!

Also I apologize in advance for any pronoun related mistake I might make. I'll do my best to not make any, but if I do slip up, please know that I'm not doing it intentionally or because I don't care. I want to respect people's preferred pronouns ideally, but I'm also not a native English speaker and sometimes I might misuse a pronoun.
Old 07-4-2023, 08:35 AM   #432
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I apologize for being very quiet this phase.

For what its worth, the voting pool for me is extremely small, so I'm just gonna PoE the rest of this game, lmao.

Due to Qwerty getting flipped wolf with THREE players switching last minute. MML, Mellon, and Arp! are just Forever town.

My seer target is freezin, and he's green.

Lights post first phase has convinced me there's just no way they could be wolfin'

So really, that just leaves Noobies and the replacement, HateandHatred. AND EVEN THEN Noobies feels like someone actively solving.

Sorry bucko, I'm placing my vote on you HateandHatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2023, 08:37 AM   #433
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

That's my current viewpoint anyways, dohoho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2023, 09:47 AM   #434
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
However, I'm not sure how to feel about the fact Freezin was so quiet he ended up being replaced. I can't imagine him being the kinda person not commiting to a game because of the role he got, and since we don't really know circumstances leading to him being replaced, I would abstain from judging based on this.
freezin's absence weirded me out as well, but I definitely agree, even if it explicitly says in the rules that it's legal to speculate on the alignment of a player who has been replaced. I'd be curious to hear what happened to them after the conclusion of this game.. maybe they just got busy?

Quote:
I do think that Lights' opinion is innocent in nature at this stage in the game, but I'm not sure how to read Raeko and Charu here. I don't particularly hate their response, in fact MML was of the same opinion, but I know that if either of these guys is the last wolf, that's kind of the position they'll want to take with them regarding game mechanics. They are right and helpful of course, but to me it might look a liiiiiittle bit opportunistic.
interesting! this never crossed my mind, but your reasoning certainly makes sense

at this point, however, I am convinced the other werewolf can't be raeko. there was a bit of a mix-up initially because lar and raeko voted for different people, and then they both switched their votes at the same time, but raeko specifically said to stay on qwerty afterwards. if she were the other werewolf, she almost definitely would have tried harder to kick out e-b-e instead of qwerty (for example, she could have stayed put with her initial vote on e-b-e and waited for lar to switch), and it probably wouldn't have looked suspicious at all

I can't say the same for charu, though. at least for now

Quote:
Lights felt very honest about her concerns with voting, and to me that indicates that she is thinking about the game and actively trying to solve it while also being careful to not letting herself get tricked by veteran players which I like a lot. There is however one thing I could read from her, and that would be her reluctance to vote an inactive which could be for wolf preservation, considering that one of the inactives turned out to be a wolf (and the other ones now being myself and deamerai). Still not reading Lights as wolfy however, since her reluctance does not quite feel phoney to me.
agreed. I'm not entirely clearing lights either, but I don't think her reluctance to vote alone can be used as solid evidence against her being town

Quote:
Also I apologize in advance for any pronoun related mistake I might make. I'll do my best to not make any, but if I do slip up, please know that I'm not doing it intentionally or because I don't care. I want to respect people's preferred pronouns ideally, but I'm also not a native English speaker and sometimes I might misuse a pronoun.
the intention is what counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
So really, that just leaves Noobies and the replacement, HateandHatred. AND EVEN THEN Noobies feels like someone actively solving.

Sorry bucko, I'm placing my vote on you HateandHatred.
hmm.. fair enough
Old 07-4-2023, 09:50 AM   #435
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
- Charu and Mellon Collie are my wolfiest reads at the moment.
ummmmmmmmmmm lmfao sorry but what

H&H

bro did you just completely ignore EOD or???
Old 07-4-2023, 10:03 AM   #436
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team

I'm ngl, my intuition says that if anyone between H&H and Noobies are a wolf, that its Noobies. Since voting is in fact forced, I'm willing to vote along with consensus, however something about noobies indicates to me that he has the tactical capacity to be able to "play the town game" while being a wolf. Its anecdotal for sure and probably not a real data point to work with.

That said, if one of them were a wolf, H&H is likely to be the more dangerous wolf. If we vote for one of them and they end up being innocent I think it might be handy for our seer to check out the other.
Old 07-4-2023, 10:25 AM   #437
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I apologize for being very quiet this phase.
god same, I really don't know what to spew out anymore after my mega post lol

as for voting, i'm gonna have to reanalize everyone's behavior so far, from my perspective.

Arp - Voted for Qwerty, was the last one to vote though. 99% sure they were just following Lar and Raeko's lead. If, by any chance, they're a wolf, they had no option in whether or not to vote out his teammate, hypothetically speaking, Qwerty, as not voting for them in that short period of time would make them an immediatle lynch target for D1. I'd say they're clear, for now.

Raeko - Also voted for Qwerty, following Lar's lead. This would be even LESS likely for Raeko to be a wolf.

Lights - Voted for Charu. Possibly out of frustration after the strategy argument. You couldn't read much on Lights' vote alone, so we will have to base the reading off of post history. But I'd say they're good, bringing strategies to the table doesn't hurt the group. And their confidence is what makes me think they're innocent.

Charu - This is puzzling. My gut says Charu must be the last wolf, but I don't really want to believe that now. Reasons were given in my last long-ass post.

That leaves Deamerai and H&H.

Deamerai - We really don't know that much about him and his posting style. Counting Freezin too, we have to base sincerity off of 2 posts lmao. Please Deamerai if you're reading this give us some thoughts, we don't bite, maybe except one person!

H&H - Okay honestly I didn't really like Ebe's response to Lar trying to flip Ebe D0, I felt as if Ebe was slightly overdefending themselves. If I was actually alive and not sleeping during EoD, I would have voten Ebe with them. On the contrary, H&H's analysis is really well made imo. The only red flag I could notice is suspicion of Raeko. Also I'm flattered for calling out my town play "very impressive", but I won't really let it get to my head.

So in conclusion, for D1, I'm gonna have to go with Hateandhatred. After almost half of D1, I can't put my finger on Charu's insincerity. I'm sorry. I'll try my best to wake up earlier for EoD incase any flips happen.
Old 07-4-2023, 10:34 AM   #438
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I'm ngl, my intuition says that if anyone between H&H and Noobies are a wolf, that its Noobies. Since voting is in fact forced, I'm willing to vote along with consensus, however something about noobies indicates to me that he has the tactical capacity to be able to "play the town game" while being a wolf. Its anecdotal for sure and probably not a real data point to work with.

That said, if one of them were a wolf, H&H is likely to be the more dangerous wolf. If we vote for one of them and they end up being innocent I think it might be handy for our seer to check out the other.
Let me just do a Charu and say I'm happy to give my life for any suspicion there occurs for me. That would mean no more contribution from me, sadly. I'd be more happy if I was alive for a seer check rather than be lynched, then. Still, I can see where this suspicion is from. I've been really precautious in posting.
Old 07-4-2023, 10:36 AM   #439
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post

what about charu and deamerai?
we've seen two messages total from freezin/deamerai since the beginning of the game, and lar (who we know is innocent) was suspicious of charu at one point in day 0 (and also charu is.. well.. charu)

I think it could easily be any of these four people, but I'm not sure who sticks out the most
Old 07-4-2023, 10:37 AM   #440
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team

Hateandhatred

I take no pleasure in this, buddy. I dont think youre (realistically) any more likely to be a wolf than anyone else at this point, but this is how its going i guess.