Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #281
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Credit Giveaway V2: NFL Pick 'Em

Didn't pick last week as I had alot going on and I forgot.

SF @ SD
KC @ STL
BUF@ MIA
CLE @ CIN (They will FINALLY win another game!)
JAC @ IND
HOU @ TEN
WAS @ DAL
PHI @ NYG
ARI @ CAR
DET @ TB
NO @ BAL
ATL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
DEN @ OAK
GB @ NE
CHI @ MIN
Old 12-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #282
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Awesomesauce, I didn't even think I was doing remotely well, turns out I'm tied with Trevor kewl beans.

And more and more people are choosing Baltimore, I'm really surprised to be honest XD
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #283
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
COOL I'm not the only one to pick the Ravens, woo! XD
New Orleans is asssssss.
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
xBBx Takedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #284
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post
Double post because I included a screenshot in here, but I just finished sending out all the credits, pic is below. Reason for 2 credit transfers for Matrixdude is because I accidentally send 900 instead of 1000 and had to send 100 extra. But other than that I should be in good shape. As always, if I forgot about your credits, PM me and I'll send them

As of this point in time, here are the standings:

1. Krunkykai22 (36-12)
2. Matrixdude (35-15)
3. Plan_Bsk81127 (34-15)
4. ichliebekase / T-Force (33-15)
5. MetalAtlas (31-17
)
I need to re look over Matrix's stats again, he has a total of 50 games when there has only been 49.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #285
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
I need to re look over Matrix's stats again, he has a total of 50 games when there has only been 49.
I just looked at the chart, and I think that Matrix's actual record is 36-13, given his week by week record:

Week 11: 1-0
Week 12: 13-3
Week 13: 12-4
Week 14: 10-6

Total Record: 36-13

This doesn't affect the credit transfers however, I go by the number of games won during the particular week, not the number overall

EDIT: Also, for those of you who are obsessed with fantasy football and managing your roster, I'd just like to let you know that I made a team at the beginning of the season, then pretty much let it run by itself. Today, when I logged in for the first time in 14 weeks, I was sitting in first place at 8-5 despite not making any changes whatsoever for the first 14 weeks of the season.

Some good advice: if your player isn't panning out as you expected, give it some time. Don't trade for a player that appears to be doing well because they may go back to the bench. As lots of players showed this season, it's very easy to break out from nowhere

Last edited by footbull3196; 12-15-2010 at 04:17 PM..
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #286
prefx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to prefx Send a message via MSN to prefx

15th = flatulent gravy storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Like, grind2 feels like what would happen if Dead and Direct had sex with Frictional Nevada and had a sick, warped lovechild on crack, and then that child took an epic dump on your lawn. That dump = grind2
Second Place in D4 of Popsicle_3000's Christmas Spectacular GG Megamon
prefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #287
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MetalAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post
EDIT: Also, for those of you who are obsessed with fantasy football and managing your roster, I'd just like to let you know that I made a team at the beginning of the season, then pretty much let it run by itself. Today, when I logged in for the first time in 14 weeks, I was sitting in first place at 8-5 despite not making any changes whatsoever for the first 14 weeks of the season.

Some good advice: if your player isn't panning out as you expected, give it some time. Don't trade for a player that appears to be doing well because they may go back to the bench. As lots of players showed this season, it's very easy to break out from nowhere
yeah i like my fantasy football. I make the playoffs every year lol. This is the first year that ive lost more than one game though which really sucks. But I still made the playoffs and at this rate im set to advance to the finals ^_^
As life gets longer, awful feels softer and it feels pretty soft to me. And if it takes **** to make bliss well I feel pretty blissfully. If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd rather never even ever see beauty again. As life gets longer, awful feels softer, and it feels pretty soft to me.
MetalAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #288
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Thursday Night Game:

SF (5-8) @ SD (7-6) = Last week San Diego had 3 rushers that rushed for over 50 yards... San Fran is decent ranked 9 against the rush, but, with San Fran's passing defense at a loss for now (ranked 20th), Rivers will throw alot which will immediately open the rush for those guys again.
Sunday Games:

KC (8-5) @ STL (6-7) = Kansas City last week only had 67 TOTAL net yards against the Chargers. They let up 426 total net yards. They are coming off of a horrible game last week. St. Louis as well, but actually didn't do too bad with offense, they just couldn't put up the points. Bradford threw for 231 yards with 2 interceptions, but their defense picked off Brees 2 times as well, but managed to let New Orleans rack up 31 points, 14 of that coming in the first quarter... My choice, Kansas City since Cassel is starting.
BUF (3-10) @ MIA (7-6) = This game was hard to choose, mainly because, the Dolphins last week only netted 131 total yards. The bills on the other hand gained 323 total net yards. Fitzpatrick is doing really well, but isn't at the top of his game. However, neither is Chad Henne who will be starting this Sunday. The fact that the Dolphins just knocked off the Jets give them a slight advantage in the division, since its a back to back division games. Choice = Miami but not by much unless Henne comes to play...
CLE (5-8) @ CIN (2-11) = Cleveland is coming off that loss to Buffalo in which their QB only threw for 86 total yards... Cincinnati on the other hand actually threw for roughly double what Delhomme did, but with 3 interceptions... Palmer used to be a good QB, but has dwindled his talent since the 06/07 years with Cinci... Not to mention that the injury list of Cinci is too severe for them to pull out a win, Terrell Owens is doubtful with his Knee injury and Ochocinco being on the injury list with an ankle injury as well. If they both don't participate I can tell you there will not be any amazing passing yards whatsoever.... My choice = Cleveland
JAC(8-5) @ IND (7-6) = This is a hard pick, in all honesty. The only reason I'd be leaning for Jacksonville is the fact that TWO rushers rushed for over 100 yards EACH against Oakland. The fact that Indi is ranked 29th against the rush which is worse than Oakland it will make for an interesting ground game for Jacksonville... The fact that Peyton Manning is averaging a sack a game along with an INT a game, and his rating being 91 (which is the worst rating since 2002) I don't know if he can "pull" out a win this week. However, since Jacksonville is ranked 28th in pass defense, that gives Peyton an advantage... In their last meeting the Jaguars BARELY pulled out a win with a time clock ending field goal in the 4th quarter.... Personally, I think Peyton is seeking the playoffs now more than ever... Plus Indi's home record is 4-2 to the Jaguars 3-3 away... My Choice = Indianapolis
HOU (5-8) @ TEN (5-8) = Another hard choice... Houston is coming off a HUGE week vs. Baltimore, even though they lost, they had a very big go out at the end... Schaub threw for 393 yards with 2 interceptions the last interception being in OT that Baltimore's Wilson picked off and ran back 10/15 yards for the game winning touchdown. However, 250 of those came in the second half ALONE. He has turned into such a 4th quarter QB that in this game, I don't see Tennesee (who is on a 6 game losing streak) stopping him whatsoever. My choice = Houston, big.
WAS (5-8) @ DAL (4-9) = This can be an easy pick or a hard pick, depending on which team wants to come to play. Washington needs a miracle to win a wild card spot so really, they have nothing to lose, but neither do the Cowboys. Washington had a HUGE ground attack last week with Ryan Torain rushing for over 170 yards against Tampa Bay. It was an impressive game with the rush attack but even though both QB's threw for over 200 yards, it really wasn't all that great. McNabb has reached his end and in my opinion, don't do what Favre did... Now Dallas just let up a huge game to the Eagles last week, letting the Eagles gain 429 total net yards 159 of that coming from rushing. Dallas had a good 3 game rout for a little while but then is faltering back. However, with Washington being ranked roughly 28th overall in both Pass Defense and Rush Defense I think Dallas should pull a win here with Kitna and F. Jones rushing... My Choice = Dallas
**GotW**PHI (9-4) @ NYG (9-4) = Another hard choice, but, again depends on who comes to play... Eli Manning didn't do TOO much only throwing for roughly 190 yards, but Jacobs and Bradshaw really stole the show both rushing for over 100 yards each... The Eagles though threw for 270 AND rushed for 150 .... Even though Vick threw 2 interceptions as did Manning It's going to be a defensive struggle... The last time these two met the rushing offense of the Giants was just horrible stuffed, as the Eagles rushed again for roughly 150 yards ... Personally, Vick and DeSean Jackson are too good to stop right now ... My choice = Philadelphia
ARI (4-9) @ CAR (1-12) = Believe it or not, this was an easy choice, Arizona coming off a good week against Denver really just sparkled. Rushing for over 140 yards Hightower really showed what he can do when in a good situation. He really knew where to run and saw holes that a normal person wouldn't. Obviously, my choice = Arizona.
DET (3-10) @ TB (8-5) = You know, you would look at the obvious here and choose TB because of their record, but the facts are facts, Tampa played HORRIBLY against Washington last week that everyone thought was gonna be an "easy win." The only rushed for 60 yards, and Detroit massively hit 190 yards rushing last week with a combined 7 rushers! Even though thats roughly 25 yards per rush + some, thats still not bad at all if you switch it up. Personally though, Josh Freeman isn't doing bad... but, Detroit DID knock off the Packers last week considering Aaron Rodgers got injured .... but still even so ... My Choice = Tampa Bay
**GotW2**NO (10-3) @ BAL (9-4) = This personally is the hardest choice this week. I mean, you got the New Orleans offense which can just personally wreck a team, but can also falter at times as well... They are coming off a 7 game winning streak and seem to be the team they were last year, and personally I don't see anyone stopping them at this point besides Atlanta... Baltimore let up HUGE second half yardage and with Drew Brees being another 4th quarter comeback QB, I don't see the Ravens winning, I love you baby but ... My Choice = New Orleans
ATL (11-2) @ SEA (6-7) = Seeing as Atlanta is on a 7 game winning streak, I don't know what's going to beat them... Seattle is coming off a HUGE loss to San Francisco last week 40-21... To let a team like SF rush and pass all over you and you can't put up points, is just sad. SF really isn't all that great, but proved to be the better team last week. Atlanta though did let up over 200 yards rushing last week which to me, is just disappointing seeing as how they were ranked 10th and then dropped to 13th in rushing defense...Regardless though, Super Bowl Champs this year in my book... My Choice = Atlanta
NYJ (9-4) @ PIT (10-3) = This is not a game of the week to me whatsoever. The way the Jets played last week against the Dolphins was just disgraceful. Rex Ryan is really proving to be a good coach let me tell you. I hated him on the Ravens and hate him even more now that he is on my team's rival Jets. Pittsburgh and Roethlisberger are just too much right now. That QB, regardless of the fact that I despise him, is really tough and just balanced all around right now. His passing with Hines Ward and Mike Wallace should be far too good for the Jets to handle... Both teams are ranked in the top 5 for Defense though, Pitt = 4 NYJ = 3 by .5 yards though... Honestly, losing big to NE then to the Dolphins, hurts the morale of the Jets too hard, seeing as Pitt is just doing good ... My Choice = Pittsburgh
DEN (3-10) @ OAK (6-7) = This was as well a kind of difficult choice seeing as Denver just sucks (yes sarcasm as who to pick.) Denver let up over 200 yards rushing last week against a team that is ranked 28th overall in rushing offense... that was just horrible. Campbell for the Raiders though looked great. I think with him leading the offense, the game turns over in their favor very quickly... My Choice = Oakland
GB (9-4) @ NE (11-2) = Again, this would have been a game of the week if Green Bay hadn't of lost Rodgers with a concussion... They lost to the Lions 7-3 for crying out loud ... New England though .... They are looking unstoppable right now ... Averaging over 40 points in 3 games is just far too amazing ... Tom Brady has thrown for over 300 yards in 4 outta 5 of his last 5 games and is averaging in those 5 games 314.4 yards... He is on pace to CRUSH every record for a QB that Peyton Manning looked to break... This game goes very quickly obviously with New England winning big again ... My Choice = New England
Monday Night Game:

CHI
(9-4) @ MIN (5-8) = This game to be honest was actually the hardest to pick next to the PHI and NYG game.... Chicago is just coming off a huge beating from New England and Minnesota is also coming off a HUGE wrecking from the Giants.... Personally, Jackson isn't doing anything in Minnesota to be honest ..... but really neither is Cutler for the Bears ..... Well, its a division game .... and personally ... with Chicago being 4-0 in the division ... My Choice = Chicago

Last edited by krunkykai22; 12-19-2010 at 11:11 AM..
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #289
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

by the way, I friggin told you I was gonna go ALL out on this week to make sure I would try and win all the games I probably won't but, theres your hell of a detailed selection for EACH game
Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #290
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Eek, going to make me have to read all that, crazy. I just need to observe more on a couple games I'm not 100% sure on.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #291
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

lol hence why I provided a DETAILED post on WHY I chose certain teams and stats from previous week(s) on some.

EDIT: Sports is my thing hahaha wanna be a statistician or commentator or show anchor eventually
Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #292
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

lol you went against me with like half your picks man, somebodys tanking hard this week.

EDIT: is it legit if i post my picks against the spread and how much i'm throwing down to see what you guys think or is that like against FFR policy for anti-gambling or something lolz.

Last edited by lumphoboextreme; 12-15-2010 at 11:48 PM..
lumphoboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #293
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #294
Matrixdude
And She Screams My Name
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Matrixdude Send a message via MSN to Matrixdude

Thursday

SF@SD

Sunday

KC@STL
BUF@MIA
CLE@CIN
JAC@IND
HOU@TEN
WAS@DAL
PHI@NYG
ARI@CAR
DET@TB
NO@BAL
ATL@SEA
NYJ@PIT
DEN@OAK
GB@NE

Monday

CHI@MIN

Bears have got this one easily.

Last edited by Matrixdude; 12-16-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Matrixdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #295
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Washington benched Donovan McNabb. Here's an article if you want to read it. I thought it was funny that the team praised him in the beginning of the year and now they bench him. Oops!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-297400
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #296
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Washington benched Donovan McNabb. Here's an article if you want to read it. I thought it was funny that the team praised him in the beginning of the year and now they bench him. Oops!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-297400
yeah theyre going with grossman which is a horrible horrible idea. Dallas will win for sure
As life gets longer, awful feels softer and it feels pretty soft to me. And if it takes **** to make bliss well I feel pretty blissfully. If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd rather never even ever see beauty again. As life gets longer, awful feels softer, and it feels pretty soft to me.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #297
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
mike vick is better than eli manning. lesean mccoy is better than bradshaw or jacobs. desean jackson is better than hakeem nicks. if the eagles are on their game they win.
I don't see how you couldn't even mention Jeremy Maclin. But I agree with everything you said, not to mention that Steve Smith is out for the rest of the season. (I only read the headline, it might have only said he's out for this week.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme
everyone also hopping aboard the detroit bandwagon.
I think if there's a bandwagon to hop on, it's Tampa Bay. Josh Freeman has really turned their program around and people aren't even noticing. Didn't they start out 5-0? If they weren't in the same division as the big boys (Falcons and Saints) and say, in a division like the NFC West, I bet they could get to the second round of the playoffs.

And I take back Jets and Steelers as GotW, it's gotta be Houston and Tennessee. I want to see another Johnson v. Finnegan.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut

Last edited by Aldentron; 12-17-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #298
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

if Rodgers plays, I think the Pats and Pack will be GoTW because, may I remind you all, that all of Green Bay's losses have been by 4 or less, with pretty much no time remaining in the game. Meaning, that they play a hard close game even if they end up losing. even though the Pats are the number one ranked offense for points scored, Green Bay has the ability to step up. I'm not saying they're gonna win ( i hope they do) But I don;t think its gonna be a slaughter either. I hope not. God, I live in New England and I'd never hear the end of it.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #299
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalAtlas View Post
if Rodgers plays, I think the Pats and Pack will be GoTW because, may I remind you all, that all of Green Bay's losses have been by 4 or less, with pretty much no time remaining in the game. Meaning, that they play a hard close game even if they end up losing. even though the Pats are the number one ranked offense for points scored, Green Bay has the ability to step up. I'm not saying they're gonna win ( i hope they do) But I don;t think its gonna be a slaughter either. I hope not. God, I live in New England and I'd never hear the end of it.
key words right here because if he doesnt it will be a slaughter, that backup QB looked badddd against Detroit. lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #300
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

I think Rogers isn't playing again :/ that's the last I heard at least. I could be wrong.