Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Health and Fitness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 AM   #21
NorthStrong
FFR Player

Default Re: One meal a day

Eating more meals than one will be better than simply eating one.

To be clear, getting the correct amount of calories, and macronutrients in are far more important than what time or frequency you get the meals in at, but eating more frequent meals will give some positive results over just eating one.

Again, it's not a huge priority as calories and macros are, but it does affect things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef280ygiZpk

Good video. All of his videos are very good actually.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #22
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
If you're trying to shop cheap here's my general shopping list.

Tuna $.94/can
Pasta $.80/lb
Rice $1.20/lb
Oats $2.50/2lb
Ground Chicken $1/lb
Broccoli $1.75/lb
Bananas $.75/lb

ect.. those are just a few examples...
Like Mosaic said, it's not expensive to get a decent amount of groceries. Shop frugally enough and you can find enough for 3 square meals a day for a month. Honestly I only shop for groceries every 3 weeks or so, but I just have myself to worry about.

Personally I don't ever really eat 3 meals a day. How I eat is based around my work schedule, if I go in in the mornings I'll usually try to eat something beforehand, but I'm usually not a big breakfast person. If I'm off, I sleep in like nobody's business..so it's basically lunch before I'm even up. That being said, if I do eat breakfast I'll skip lunch and just eat something when I get home (usually 5:30-6pm) and I'm good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #23
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

not entirely sure on the effects on mood, but as far as metabolism goes, it's not a good idea to eat only once a day.

think of metabolism as a fire. eating one meal a day is like putting a huge log down and starting the fire on it. it's going to take a long time to burn down the log. it's the same as with your metabolism; it slows it down a lot eating only one meal. eating multiple meals (assuming it's the same amount of calories combined as the one meal) is like putting small sticks into a fire. they burn much quicker, but don't last as long. eating multiple, smaller meals makes your metabolism much quicker, and you tend to lose weight.

again, not entirely sure about mood. never tried eating only one meal a day. but, it does definitely help your metabolism to eat more times in a day (I eat 7-8 times a day lol).

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 10-30-2014 at 11:29 AM..
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #24
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'll provide my own personal experience counterpoint to your metabolism theory.

Back 2-3, hell, even last year, I was always sitting around 195-205 for literally the longest time, and I was eating way more back then than now (because I had a girlfriend at the time and she would refuse if I didn't eat at all).

Now that I'm 19, no girlfriend, with only my father and sister in the house, I scarcely eat (about 1.5 meals every two days) and I'm currently sitting at 177 lbs.

Never worried about my metabolism nor would I consider it a factor to eating less, it's a natural mechanism in us that burns off the calories and other things that we consume at whatever rate you were given from birth (correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel as though we don't change metabolisms, and they vary greatly with other people).

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Never worried about my metabolism nor would I consider it a factor to eating less, it's a natural mechanism in us that burns off the calories and other things that we consume at whatever rate you were given from birth (correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel as though we don't change metabolisms, and they vary greatly with other people).
it's true that metabolism varies from person to person. hell, i only weigh 145~, so my way of eating might not work for some ppl. but, i'm sure there are other ways to change metabolism.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #26
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy View Post
it's true that metabolism varies from person to person. hell, i only weigh 145~, so my way of eating might not work for some ppl. but, i'm sure there are other ways to change metabolism.
If there is a correlation between eating less and metabolism, it would be that if you eat regularly like I did, your metabolism should be what you and your body is used to, which you wouldn't notice like I didn't until I had only eaten like I said, 1.5 meals every two days, where I could notice my Metabolism was faster because I was eating less, and it wanted more but I myself do not feel hungry all the time like I should be.

Correlation to note though is that the poorer lifestyle (making 800$ a month from a 9.10/hr job) tends to eat less than someone with funding could handle, but people with more money tend to either waste food, or become mildly obese.

I was bullied my entire grade school experience because of my obesity for eating too much when I got my tonsils removed and everyone was on a "Must Show Bones" kick, and now I get to laugh at everyone who has either became obese since then or that I look and feel healthier than most. I am proud that I have the body that I do because it was my only lifelong goal for the longest time and I was eager to hit it.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #27
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Once upon a time, I was doing the one-meal-a-day thing. Personally, I had a hard time with it. I simply couldn't eat a day's worth of food without it being calorie-dense stuff that usually left me hungry later on at night anyway.

Two a day usually works fine for me -- one at lunch, one at dinner. No breakfast, but that may change if I can get my hands on some Vector.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2014, 12:06 AM   #28
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Vector.
cereal created by the fitness deities

I have multiple boxes on hand