Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #41
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Default Re: TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE FOR THE PRESIDENCY

Hmm. That does sound better because.. we'd basically be stabbing the whole game.

So, you say we all vote independantly and show-and-tell tomorrow?

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #42
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

I mean, that's what I've been saying... I'm not trying to say we should stop talking about the game or whatever in the thread or post suspicions or anything. I just don't see the point in giving the wolves a free pass to bandwagon.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #43
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Just to let ya guys know...(or remind you)

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...23&postcount=6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #44
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Talisman has a point. It leaves today open for the wolves to get a free kill, but it would set us up for success for future days. What I suggest with revealing votes tomorrow, we need should find one person to send our vote picks into first, and then have said person reveal the list. This is to avoid having wolves bandwagon in the thread saying "Yeah I voted for so and so who got lynched yesterday". Only problem is if that one person is a wolf, they can play with the information. In which case, maybe we should send the info to two people?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #45
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Day is over in 4.5 hours. I think it started 43.5 ago(which would make it a normal length day) but I'm not sure.

It is quite evident that there's alot of people who just can't post today, don't know the game's on, or just chose not to. I'm going to assume the latter isn't true, and request that Day 1 get extended. Obviously this is up to fojar, but I vote we extend the day at least until tomorrow night sometime. (10-12EST)

@ talisman: That makes it sound so much worse "giving the wolves a free pass to bandwagon"

About what hans suggested, you're saying we send them to that person before the lynching happens?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #46
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Mmkay:

1) Hans' last post. I like that idea, especially since it won't allow the wolves to change who they say they voted for the next day. They'd have to coordinate their sent "votes" (depending on their real vote), and it'd be mighty suspicious if someone was lynched and the numbers sent to the two people didn't add up. Assuming we'd select 2 people with 4 wolves in 18 players, there'd be a 4% chance of them both being wolves, and I like those odds. That brings up the question of who we would choose. Although choosing certain active players to send votes to might seem risky (because at least two of the wolves have probably posted by now), at this point it's still pretty random, but this is still up to discussion. We don't have much time to coordinate this before the end of the day, so any plan seems better than shooting in the dark at the moment.

2) Sertman. No one's really mentioned him yet. I remember Hans talking to me about how he's becoming one of the smarter players, and I wonder if the wolves also thought about that and wolfed him because of it. I believe this is his first early wolfing, so any additional thoughts on this might be helpful to find out why the wolves chose him over someone like Talis, Hans, etc.

3) Wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the wolves had an additional power, especially in another mystery game. The numbers would most likely be involved, but I'm not quite sure how. One thought is that they could use the numbers to switch the targets of blue roles, like using the power to blue-hunt a guardian and try to take their guard off of a potential victim, and killing them instead. I'm not sure how thay would choose that by number, but I'm sure there's more possibilities of how it could work.

More as the posts keep on comin'.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #47
HansSky
FFR Player

After talking with talisman a bit, we're going to send them in to three different people after the day ends. If we do one, that person could be a wolf and lie. Two means one or the other is lying. Three people means that no sane wolf would lie.

As far as names are concerned, I'm open to suggestions. If not, then I'll just post three names of active people to receive the votes.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #48
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

Revealing votes the next day seems like a good idea to me. However, I am left with a question:

How would the next day not be a race to just pretend you voted for so and so; leaving the last person to be like... uh... ****, my REAL vote isn't going to work now... what do I do?

This aside, I think everything else will work out. If someone can explain to me how this will be avoided, I'd appreciate it.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #49
HansSky
FFR Player

No reason to lie if you're a human.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #50
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Okay, so you don't lie. Then what? it simply comes down to you or the wolf, right? How would that really help you on day one? er, two.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #51
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx View Post
Revealing votes the next day seems like a good idea to me. However, I am left with a question:

How would the next day not be a race to just pretend you voted for so and so; leaving the last person to be like... uh... ****, my REAL vote isn't going to work now... what do I do?

This aside, I think everything else will work out. If someone can explain to me how this will be avoided, I'd appreciate it.
Hans' idea of sending the votes to three people should eliminate that chance, so it would be hard for someone (a wolf in particular) to fake a vote when there's evidence otherwise. It's not a fool-proof plan, but it looks like the best we have for now.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #52
HansSky
FFR Player

Talisman, Wilkin, DBP. Does anyone have a problem with this?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #53
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

To be honest, in all fairness we should let at least three people choose three people of their choice to be the ones we send to, then pick one of each of those people.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #54
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

I've been discussing this idea as well, and I'm not sure I see what we'll exactly gain from filtering the votes through 3 "trusted" people. Granted, if 2 people claim the votes turned out one way and the other claims it happened a different way, we have a wolf or more, but where does that lead us? It seems likely that unless all three are wolves, they won't lie for fear of being caught in a straight lie, so most likely case, all 3 people report the same thing, and the "votes" still probably don't agree with who was actually lynched. Maybe I'm missing the point all together. Will someone please explain this a little more clearly.

I agree with revealing them after the day is over. Granted this still renders us nearly incapable of telling who's lying, but at least it's a start.

I've already suggested the best idea I've had. If we all vote our top suspicion, the wolves essentially choose the lynch by secretly gang banging one human, and we're down one more player. However, if we decide on our best guess as a town, and all agree to vote that person, the wolves 4 votes won't swing the outcome. Yes, this is restricting the info we have but it is also at least giving us a shot at a wolf, where as otherwise, we have nearly a zero percent chance.

I'm open to better ideas in the next couple hours here.
-Bowser
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #55
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

That's true. Say that I, talis, wilkin, and hans were all wolves, we'd have it in the bag. Sure it'd be risky, but it would work. (this obviously isn't true, because for one I wouldn't post it, and two I wouldn't go against it)

I think that following observer's idea would be good.

I'd say:

observer
chromer
jurs

Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #56
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky View Post
Talisman, Wilkin, DBP. Does anyone have a problem with this?
Woah woah waoh. You do realize coming up with this "plan" that makes no sense at all and then offering the three "trusted" people makes you look really really bad right now. I'd like this explained to me in full, because I don't see where we benefit at all. What if two of the three are wolves? We lynch the human because his story doesn't match up, great plan. Or if all three are wolves by some extreme act of chance, then we're royally screwed looking for coincidences being spoon fed to us by wolves.
-Bowser
Old 11-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #57
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Gambles have to be taken sometimes, Stoic.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #58
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I really see both sides.

StoicRoivaS: if we all vote how we please, they gang bang 1 human and they essentially choose d1's lynch
StoicRoivaS: but no one will know who's lying
StoicRoivaS: who are you going to ask to explain their vote when zero people "voted" for me and i die anyways?
StoicRoivaS: you can't question every player and expect them to break down and say they're a wolf
StoicRoivaS: the info on the thread can't be used for anything concrete
StoicRoivaS: just overall trends
StoicRoivaS: it's pretty obvious the actual lynch won't match the one we "voted" for, but where do you start looking for wolves?

But, this catches my eye, alot.

It makes perfect sense, and... what would we do?

0 votes for hans, 4 for someone else. Hans dies. Where would we start?

I'm willing to do what the majority thinks is better, but at this moment I think that choosing like normal would be a better Idea. The wolves won't have enough power to swing the vote if we do a good enough job.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #59
HansSky
FFR Player

Look, I really don't care who gets picked. Just as long as they get chosen before the day is over.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #60
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

If we all agree to this then I'll certainly send my vote to whoever we decide on, but I will not agree to any of the people that Hans suggested.

I'll agree to Jurs, Iggy, and HiThey, if you want my three people. I still don't like the idea, but if everyone else does, I'll go along with it. I've nothing to hide.
-Bowser
Closed Thread